PDA

View Full Version : More Planned Parent Videos to come out

Peter1469
08-22-2015, 05:24 AM
More Planned Parent Videos to come out (http://www.mrctv.org/blog/court-removes-injunction-center-medical-progress-immediately-releases-8th-shocking-planned-parenthood-video)

A federal judge lifted the injunction against releasing the remaining videos. So they will be released on a timeline.

It seems as if the activists are following a pre arraigned script. They apparently filmed their "sting operation" and edited it into several (who knows how many) commercial sized portions.

They release one tape, let the hard left and the MSM, sorry I repeat myself, attack the messenger. Then they release another tape that creates even greater backlash against PP. Yet the hard left and the MSM continue to attack the messenger. And so on.

I wonder how public opinion is polling so far as PP is concerned.

PolWatch
08-22-2015, 05:26 AM
The people who believe Trump & reality TV are eating the videos up like popcorn.

Peter1469
08-22-2015, 05:37 AM
Has Trump even commented on these videos?

So far as people who follow politics go, I expect it is the social cons going nuts over these videos.

PolWatch
08-22-2015, 06:01 AM
I think Trump has jumped on the bandwagon. How many politicians avoid the non-issues in a campaign? Getting people worked up over some non-existent episode is a lot easier than presenting a plan to cure all the nation's problems. Just tell everyone how rich & smart you are.....get's 'em every time.

Ransom
08-22-2015, 06:13 AM
PolWatch, what did you think of the actual topic thread? Your tax money going to PP, Pete mentions polling here and queries where it's going today, you seem right ready concerning the abortion issue, to deflect from this topic.... and in a hurry.

Do these videos disturb you, PolWatch? Are you going to watch these videos that are being released?

I realize your news lately amounts to what comes after 'Trump says', in my opinion, you're obsessed with the man, it's all you write about. You'll make a Hillary analogy, but if Hillary is mentioned, you're talking about Trump, I can bring countless examples to the table other than this thread.

Sticking to the topic for a change, where is the PolWatch poll on PP. This beginning to bother you? In the slightest?

Ransom
08-22-2015, 06:16 AM
Has Trump even commented on these videos?

So far as people who follow politics go, I expect it is the social cons going nuts over these videos.

Trump has commented on PP, not sure about the videos. PolWatch can tell you what Trump has and has not commented on, she probably keeps a catalogue

Look on her bookshelf under the Deflect Threads 101 textbook.

PolWatch
08-22-2015, 06:17 AM
I'm flattered that you spend so much time following what I post and speculating on what I think. I have stated my opinion of the issues you mention in other posts....just read them again and answer your own questions.

Ransom
08-22-2015, 06:20 AM
I'm flattered that you spend so much time following what I post and speculating on what I think. I have stated my opinion of the issues you mention in other posts....just read them again and answer your own questions.

I may have been banned from such conversations...... so why not...... not tell me every word you were draped on in Alabama last night and answer my easy to answer question. Where is the PolWatch poll on PP? Concern? Outrage? Sickening? Unacceptable? What?

Adelaide
08-22-2015, 06:35 AM
The videos don't particularly bother me or change my opinion on abortion. It's interesting to watch conservatives froth at the mouth, however.

Professor Peabody
08-22-2015, 07:15 AM
Born-Alive Infants Protection Act

The Born-Alive Infants Protection Act of 2002 ("BAIPA" Pub.L. 107–207 (http://legislink.org/us/pl-107-207), 116 Stat. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Statutes_at_Large) 926 (http://legislink.org/us/stat-116-926), enacted August 5, 2002, 1 U.S.C. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_1_of_the_United_States_Code) § 8 (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/1/8.html)) is an Act of Congress (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_Congress). It extends legal protection to an infant (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant) born alive (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_birth_(human)) after a failed attempt at induced abortion (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion). It was signed by President George W. Bush (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush).

Interpretation of the Bill

Defines a "Born alive infant" as "Person, human being, Child, Individual"
Gives rights as a human to any child born within the United States. [5] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born-Alive_Infants_Protection_Act#cite_note-5)
"Born Alive" is defined as the complete expulsion of an infant at any stage of development that has a heartbeat, pulsation of the umbilical cord, breath, or voluntary muscle movement, no matter if the umbilical cord has been cut or if the expulsion of the infant was natural, induced labor, cesarean section, or induced abortion.[4] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born-Alive_Infants_Protection_Act#cite_note-Pub.L._107-207.2C_116_Stat._926.2C_enacted_August_5.2C_2002-4)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born-Alive_Infants_Protection_Act

If it's got a heartbeat and they kill it, it's murder.

exotix
08-22-2015, 10:40 AM
I've been subsumed with illegals so I forgot all about this.

Crepitus
08-22-2015, 10:44 AM
More Planned Parent Videos to come out (http://www.mrctv.org/blog/court-removes-injunction-center-medical-progress-immediately-releases-8th-shocking-planned-parenthood-video)

A federal judge lifted the injunction against releasing the remaining videos. So they will be released on a timeline.

It seems as if the activists are following a pre arraigned script. They apparently filmed their "sting operation" and edited it into several (who knows how many) commercial sized portions.

They release one tape, let the hard left and the MSM, sorry I repeat myself, attack the messenger. Then they release another tape that creates even greater backlash against PP. Yet the hard left and the MSM continue to attack the messenger. And so on.

Attack the messenger? You do remember that these videos have been shown to be so heavily edited as to not reflect anything resembling the truth right?

The guy is lying. Who do you think they should attack, his secretary? The people in the video? Random strangers on the street?

Seriously.

Peter1469
08-22-2015, 10:47 AM
I think Trump has jumped on the bandwagon. How many politicians avoid the non-issues in a campaign? Getting people worked up over some non-existent episode is a lot easier than presenting a plan to cure all the nation's problems. Just tell everyone how rich & smart you are.....get's 'em every time.

I don't know if Trump has or not. I am not following him deeply- just superfluously out of curiosity.

Chris
08-22-2015, 10:51 AM
If it's got a heartbeat and they kill it, it's murder.

The most recent video has a PP employee talking about cutting open the face to get to the brain.

Chris
08-22-2015, 10:52 AM
Attack the messenger? You do remember that these videos have been shown to be so heavily edited as to not reflect anything resembling the truth right?

The guy is lying. Who do you think they should attack, his secretary? The people in the video? Random strangers on the street?

Seriously.

What lies?

And, no, the videos are interviews with PP people.

I think you need to watch them.

Crepitus
08-22-2015, 10:56 AM
What lies?

I have watched them, I have also seen some of the unedited footage. The videos are a farce.

You know how that kinda stuff works right? The officer says "Protesters were out in force, but my men used restraint and no civilians were injured." But the sound bite that comes out of that after editing for impact is "My men used force, civilians were injured."

Peter1469
08-22-2015, 10:58 AM

Seriously.

Highly edited is not lying. It may be misrepresenting the issue, or not. What was said, was said. The callous nature of the procedure is what it is.

The public who see the videos and hear the debate surrounding them are smart enough to decide for themselves whether the videos are fair, deceitful, or something in between.

My experience in life leads me to say C. Something in between.

Chris
08-22-2015, 11:00 AM
As for PP in the polls, their favorability is dropping slightly:

http://i.snag.gy/4Bmnv.jpg

@ http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/05/depressing-poll-of-the-day-public-opinion-of-planned-parenthood-basically-unchanged-after-videos/

I'm surprised, from the sounds of some PP should be much more favorable to begin with. Guess not.

Peter1469
08-22-2015, 11:02 AM
And this will force the debate over the issue of death. Once society accepts the point where a death occurs, then society will be forced to return to the age old concept of justification for homicide.

That is a debate the pro-abort side will put off as long as possible. And it is a debate set into motion by the SOTUS case Roe v. Wade.

Chris
08-22-2015, 11:02 AM
I have watched them, I have also seen some of the unedited footage. The videos are a farce.

You know how that kinda stuff works right? The officer says "Protesters were out in force, but my men used restraint and no civilians were injured." But the sound bite that comes out of that after editing for impact is "My men used force, civilians were injured."

IOW, you suspect they're a farce. You have to evidence to falsify them except innuendo.

Peter1469
08-22-2015, 11:04 AM
If it can be shown that the editing actually created something that was not said by the PP members- a fake scene, if you will, then the videos will rightly be discredited.

If all they did was edit out mundane dross to highlight the ghoulish stuff, that is fair game.

Crepitus
08-22-2015, 11:18 AM
IOW, you suspect they're a farce. You have to evidence to falsify them except innuendo.
Not suspected, proven. There is a copy of the unedited video linked in this piece from Fact Check. http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/unspinning-the-planned-parenthood-video/

Crepitus
08-22-2015, 11:21 AM
Highly edited is not lying. It may be misrepresenting the issue, or not. What was said, was said. The callous nature of the procedure is what it is.

The public who see the videos and hear the debate surrounding them are smart enough to decide for themselves whether the videos are fair, deceitful, or something in between.

My experience in life leads me to say C. Something in between.

Yes Pete, highly edited is indeed lying.

Private Pickle
08-22-2015, 11:28 AM
Edit:

Yes Pete, I is indeed lying.

See how this works?

Crepitus
08-22-2015, 11:29 AM
Edit:

See how this works?
Excellent example.

Private Pickle
08-22-2015, 11:30 AM
It blows my mind that the Forum does not allow the editing of other posters posts yet doesn't see a problem with it if their agenda happens to agree.

Howey
08-22-2015, 11:31 AM
What lies?

What a crock. The videos are from an admitted anti abortionist liar and disciple of O'keefe. Do you honestly think he found the Grilled Cheezus and decided to tell the truth? Not only that but proof of the doctoring of the tapes has been posted several times on this forum.

If he was being honest, then why didn't he identify himself, record the conversation legally and let it go from there?

Why be dishonest?

Crepitus
08-22-2015, 11:32 AM
If it can be shown that the editing actually created something that was not said by the PP members- a fake scene, if you will, then the videos will rightly be discredited.

If all they did was edit out mundane dross to highlight the ghoulish stuff, that is fair game.
It omitted all the times they said things like "no profit" and "only covering cost" along with other things. That changes the entire thrust of the conversation.

Private Pickle
08-22-2015, 11:35 AM
I mean really what we end up arguing at the end of these videos is the bedside manner of the doctors.

I would rather talk about the recent divorce news between Megan Fox and her husband whoever that is...

Howey
08-22-2015, 11:36 AM
It blows my mind that the Forum does not allow the editing of other posters posts yet doesn't see a problem with it if their agenda happens to agree.

Yup. I noted yesterday that after being banned for 90 days for questioning mod actions, what do I see when I come back?

Three plus multiple page threads of forum posters questioning mod actions!

Oh the irony!

Private Pickle
08-22-2015, 11:37 AM
Yup. I noted yesterday that after being banned for 90 days for questioning mod actions, what do I see when I come back?

Three plus multiple page threads of forum posters questioning mod actions!

Oh the irony!

Well to be fair on this one you do troll to the highest degree and then blame mods for people reacting... Perhaps if you took the tiara off and stopped being the diva we all know you to be things would go smoother...

Chris
08-22-2015, 11:48 AM
Yes Pete, highly edited is indeed lying.

Editing is not lying. :Doh!:

Peter1469
08-22-2015, 12:53 PM
It omitted all the times they said things like "no profit" and "only covering cost" along with other things. That changes the entire thrust of the conversation.

It does not change the ghoulishness of the procedures. That is what the public is concerned with as opposed to the rest. Do we kill humans in this manner, even if we go through the exercise of looking for a legal justification for the homicide?

Chris
08-22-2015, 12:58 PM
It does not change the ghoulishness of the procedures. That is what the public is concerned with as opposed to the rest. Do we kill humans in this manner, even if we go through the exercise of looking for a legal justification for the homicide?

Exactly. I'm surprised people still argument about the legality of it, PP is in all likelihood within the letter of the law in exchanging human body parts like hearts, brains, livers, spleens to whatever money its paid. It's that they're exchanging human body parts that matters.

Safety
08-22-2015, 01:04 PM
I may have been banned from such conversations...... so why not...... not tell me every word you were draped on in Alabama last night and answer my easy to answer question. Where is the PolWatch poll on PP? Concern? Outrage? Sickening? Unacceptable? What?

That sounds like a personal issue, not anyone else's concern, right?

Safety
08-22-2015, 01:06 PM

Lying by omission?

Lying by omission[edit]
Also known as a continuing misrepresentation, a lie by omission occurs when an important fact is left out in order to foster a misconception. Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions. When the seller of a car declares it has been serviced regularly but does not tell that a fault was reported at the last service, the seller lies by omission. It can be compared to dissimulation.

Chris
08-22-2015, 01:07 PM
That sounds like a personal issue, not anyone else's concern, right?

Are you saying ransom has personal issues? :rollseyes:

Chris
08-22-2015, 01:08 PM
Lying by omission?

It could be, sure. But saying editing is lying assumes what could be is without facts.

I just omitted your quotation. Am I lying? Of course not.

Safety
08-22-2015, 01:08 PM
Are you saying ransom has personal issues? :rollseyes:

I would be lying if I didn't. :grin:

Safety
08-22-2015, 01:10 PM
It could be, sure. But saying editing is lying assumes what could be is without facts.

That's true, but also the reason why if a video was to be used as evidence, any edit to it would raise suspicions. MSNBC was a good example of that during the Trayvon/Zimmerman case. Let's not also forget about the Breitbart/Sherrod video.

Crepitus
08-22-2015, 01:11 PM
In certain circumstances it is.

Safety
08-22-2015, 01:12 PM

I just omitted your quotation. Am I lying? Of course not.

Yet, anyone can just click on the tab next to the quote you posted and they can see the full text of what was written.

Crepitus
08-22-2015, 01:13 PM
What you mean is "That is what the anti-abortionists are using to stir up the public". It isn't the issue that is being used to attempt ti discredit planned parenthood.

Professor Peabody
08-22-2015, 01:16 PM
The most recent video has a PP employee talking about cutting open the face to get to the brain.

Look at how many on the left come out and support PP, yet are horrified when they carry out the death penalty on some guy who rapes, shoots and buries alive a young girl.

PolWatch
08-22-2015, 01:17 PM
'ghoulishness of the procedures' I wonder how many people who are outraged over the ghoulishness of the procedures have ever read the descriptions of ANY sort of medical procedure. Medicine requires that human bodies be sliced open, parts & pieces removed or repaired. There is blood, guts & gore involved every step of the way. If people don't want to admit that it is a necessity, they should just be prepared to die young, without the benefits of medical intervention of any type.

zelmo1234
08-22-2015, 01:20 PM
The videos don't particularly bother me or change my opinion on abortion. It's interesting to watch conservatives froth at the mouth, however.

If the last video of the worker talking about ripping the skull open of a baby with a beating heart to salvage an intact brain, then there is something wrong with you~

zelmo1234
08-22-2015, 01:22 PM
'ghoulishness of the procedures' I wonder how many people who are outraged over the ghoulishness of the procedures have ever read the descriptions of ANY sort of medical procedure. Medicine requires that human bodies be sliced open, parts & pieces removed or repaired. There is blood, guts & gore involved every step of the way. If people don't want to admit that it is a necessity, they should just be prepared to die young, without the benefits of medical intervention of any type.

So what was that list of medical breakthroughs that have come from this again? I forget?

And if the murder of babies means I can live longer? Weill I don't want to live longer.

exotix
08-22-2015, 01:26 PM
If the last video of the worker talking about ripping the skull open of a baby with a beating heart to salvage an intact brain, then there is something wrong with you~
Now that you mention it ...

Getting Republicans on Record About How Fetal Tissue Research Has Helped Them

http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2015/08/20/getting-republicans-record-fetal-tissue-research-helped/

The fact that the candidate Dr. Ben Carson, currently running second in the polls (http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/251311-surging-carson-looks-to-peel-off-trump-voters) behind Donald Trump, was discovered to have himself conducted such research, did not seem to matter; reminiscent of anti-abortion women who show up in a clinic (http://www.beacon.org/Dispatches-from-the-Abortion-Wars-P868.aspx) for an abortion and claim that their abortions are morally justified, but that everyone else in the waiting room is a slut, Carson confusingly and erroneously tried to claim (http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2015/08/13/ben-carson-says-fetal-tissue-research-justified/) that his research using fetal tissue was legitimate, while other research of this type was obtained from abortions done specifically to obtain such tissue.

Ben Carson’s tortured defense of his fetal tissue research

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/13/ben-carsons-tortured-defense-of-his-research-with-fetal-tissue/

"You have to look at the intent," Carson told The Washington Post's Dave Weigel (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/13/ben-carson-no-apologies-for-1992-fetal-tissue-research/)before he began a campaign swing through New Hampshire.

"To willfully ignore evidence that you have for some ideological reason is wrong.
If you’re killing babies and taking the tissue, that’s a very different thing than taking a dead specimen and keeping a record of it."

Tuesday, 28 Jul 2015

Most research that uses fetal tissue can also use other types of tissue, making the majority of the body parts saved from abortions and sold by Planned Parenthood unnecessary, says Dr. Ben Carson, a retired pediatric neurosurgeon and Republican presidential candidate.

"If it were the only way to do something, and there was no other way, that might be an argument," Carson said

http://www.newsmax.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=01d15c60-04bc-4424-868f-1982c28ace6f&SiteName=Newsmax&maxsidesize=600

Chris
08-22-2015, 01:44 PM
Yet, anyone can just click on the tab next to the quote you posted and they can see the full text of what was written.

Right. So?

Chris
08-22-2015, 01:45 PM
In certain circumstances it is.

Could be. But could be doesn't imply is.

Chris
08-22-2015, 01:46 PM
Look at how many on the left come out and support PP, yet are horrified when they carry out the death penalty on some guy who rapes, shoots and buries alive a young girl.

All depends on legal definition of person applied to the living human being.

Chris
08-22-2015, 01:47 PM
Now that you mention it ...

Getting Republicans on Record About How Fetal Tissue Research Has Helped Them

http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2015/08/20/getting-republicans-record-fetal-tissue-research-helped/

The fact that the candidate Dr. Ben Carson, currently running second in the polls (http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/251311-surging-carson-looks-to-peel-off-trump-voters) behind Donald Trump, was discovered to have himself conducted such research, did not seem to matter; reminiscent of anti-abortion women who show up in a clinic (http://www.beacon.org/Dispatches-from-the-Abortion-Wars-P868.aspx) for an abortion and claim that their abortions are morally justified, but that everyone else in the waiting room is a slut, Carson confusingly and erroneously tried to claim (http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2015/08/13/ben-carson-says-fetal-tissue-research-justified/) that his research using fetal tissue was legitimate, while other research of this type was obtained from abortions done specifically to obtain such tissue.

Ben Carson’s tortured defense of his fetal tissue research

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/13/ben-carsons-tortured-defense-of-his-research-with-fetal-tissue/

"You have to look at the intent," Carson told The Washington Post's Dave Weigel (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/13/ben-carson-no-apologies-for-1992-fetal-tissue-research/)before he began a campaign swing through New Hampshire.

"To willfully ignore evidence that you have for some ideological reason is wrong.
If you’re killing babies and taking the tissue, that’s a very different thing than taking a dead specimen and keeping a record of it."

Tuesday, 28 Jul 2015

Most research that uses fetal tissue can also use other types of tissue, making the majority of the body parts saved from abortions and sold by Planned Parenthood unnecessary, says Dr. Ben Carson, a retired pediatric neurosurgeon and Republican presidential candidate.

"If it were the only way to do something, and there was no other way, that might be an argument," Carson said

http://www.newsmax.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=01d15c60-04bc-4424-868f-1982c28ace6f&SiteName=Newsmax&maxsidesize=600

The inevitable partisan distraction.

Safety
08-22-2015, 01:49 PM
Right. So?
So, anyone can see the full context of the quote even though you may have edited it.

Chris
08-22-2015, 02:00 PM
So, anyone can see the full context of the quote even though you may have edited it.

Simply knowing it's been edited is not sufficient to claim it lies or misrepresents. One needs to demonstrate that with facts.

Safety
08-22-2015, 02:08 PM
Simply knowing it's been edited is not sufficient to claim it lies or misrepresents. One needs to demonstrate that with facts.
Or, they can go by past experiences of editing videos to show an agenda....

Chris
08-22-2015, 02:30 PM
Or, they can go by past experiences of editing videos to show an agenda....

Agenda doesn't imply lying or misrepresentation either. These things may well raise red flags for some, but without evidence, well, it's arguing from unknowns.

Human body parts. Any question of that?

Crepitus
08-22-2015, 02:30 PM
Could be. But could be doesn't imply is. Chris, did you read the link in my first response? The editing removed anything that could have derailed the narrative the anti-abortionist wanted to convey.

I can explain it to you my friend, but I can't understand it for you.

Safety
08-22-2015, 02:32 PM
Agenda doesn't imply lying or misrepresentation either. These things may well raise red flags for some, but without evidence, well, it's arguing from unknowns.

Human body parts. Any question of that?

Agenda leads to misrepresentation. Which in turn leads to lying by omission.

Bob
08-22-2015, 02:34 PM

Democrats are on the bandwagon.

Chris
08-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Agenda leads to misrepresentation. Which in turn leads to lying by omission.

It could. Without evidence you're arguing from unknowns.

Human body parts.

Chris
08-22-2015, 02:36 PM
Chris, did you read the link in my first response? The editing removed anything that could have derailed the narrative the anti-abortionist wanted to convey.

I can explain it to you my friend, but I can't understand it for you.

Yes, you mentioned denial of profits was left out.

But no one is arguing that any more.

Human body parts.

Crepitus
08-22-2015, 03:09 PM
Yes, you mentioned denial of profits was left out.

But no one is arguing that any more.

Human body parts.
"Human body parts" = "Inflammatory buzz-phrase to get the conservative base riled up."

Supposedly selling human body parts for profit is what this is supposed to be about. As far as I know Planned Parenthood never denied providing tissues to researchers.

Darmosiel
08-22-2015, 03:10 PM
"Human body parts" = "Inflammatory buzz-phrase to get the conservative base riled up."

Supposedly selling human body parts for profit is what this is supposed to be about. As far as I know Planned Parenthood never denied providing tissues to researchers.

AND, many Republicans in Congress voted to APPROVE it.

Republicans Repeatedly Voted To Use Aborted Fetuses For Scientific Research
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/08/03/3687151/gop-fetal-tissue-donation/
(http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/08/03/3687151/gop-fetal-tissue-donation/)
This is just another attempt by the religious Right to do away with safe legal abortions for the poor and chip away at federally funding MediCaid.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/08/fetal-tissue-attack-latest-tactic-in-a-long-gop-fight-against-planned-parenthood/400301/

Ernst’s bill would not only make Planned Parenthood ineligible for federal grant programs, like the federal family planning program (http://www.hhs.gov/opa/title-x-family-planning/), but also ban it from receiving reimbursement from Medicaid for other health services it performs for eligible men and women, such as testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases.

According to the group’s most recent annual report (http://issuu.com/actionfund/docs/annual_report_final_proof_12.16.14_/0), 41 percent of the $1.3 billion received by the national group and its affiliates came from government sources. Under a series of different laws including the Hyde amendment, none of the federal funds can be used for abortions, which accounted for 3 percent of services Planned Parenthood provides.

Yet even though abortion is a small part of what Planned Parenthood does, the group’s enormous size makes it the nation’s largest single provider of the procedure.

Dawn Laguens, the executive vice president of Planned Parenthood, says efforts to defund the group are, in fact, all about abortion. “They don’t care about fetal-tissue research,” she said. “It is just an angle to go after safe, legal abortion.”

Chris
08-22-2015, 03:17 PM

Human body parts = fact.

No, it's not about profits. No one is still arguing that but you.

It's the fact PP is dealing in human body parts. Living human beings.

Darmosiel
08-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Human body parts = fact.

FACT : Republicans in CONGRESS VOTED AND APPROVED using fetal parts for scientific research.

Safety
08-22-2015, 03:19 PM
AND, many Republicans in Congress voted to APPROVE it.

Republicans Repeatedly Voted To Use Aborted Fetuses For Scientific Research
(http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/08/03/3687151/gop-fetal-tissue-donation/)
This is just another attempt by the religious Right to do away with safe legal abortions for the poor and chip away at federally funding MediCaid.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/08/fetal-tissue-attack-latest-tactic-in-a-long-gop-fight-against-planned-parenthood/400301/

Ernst’s bill would not only make Planned Parenthood ineligible for federal grant programs, like the federal family planning program (http://www.hhs.gov/opa/title-x-family-planning/), but also ban it from receiving reimbursement from Medicaid for other health services it performs for eligible men and women, such as testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases.

According to the group’s most recent annual report (http://issuu.com/actionfund/docs/annual_report_final_proof_12.16.14_/0), 41 percent of the $1.3 billion received by the national group and its affiliates came from government sources. Under a series of different laws including the Hyde amendment, none of the federal funds can be used for abortions, which accounted for 3 percent of services Planned Parenthood provides.

Yet even though abortion is a small part of what Planned Parenthood does, the group’s enormous size makes it the nation’s largest single provider of the procedure.

Dawn Laguens, the executive vice president of Planned Parenthood, says efforts to defund the group are, in fact, all about abortion. “They don’t care about fetal-tissue research,” she said. “It is just an angle to go after safe, legal abortion.”
Evidently they were for it before they were supposed to be against it....

Darmosiel
08-22-2015, 03:22 PM

Republicans are doing what they do best...cause an emotional stir

They don't care about using the fetal body parts of the poor that will benefit many of them via medical research.

They are under the gun from wealthy and powerful religious lobby groups that contribute to the GOP Party.

Chris
08-22-2015, 03:22 PM
FACT : Republicans in CONGRESS VOTED AND APPROVED using fetal parts for scientific research.

Fact: I'm not a Republican. Deflection fail.

Peter1469
08-22-2015, 04:15 PM
What you mean is "That is what the anti-abortionists are using to stir up the public". It isn't the issue that is being used to attempt ti discredit planned parenthood.

Don't put words into my mouth.

Howey
08-22-2015, 04:22 PM
Well to be fair on this one you do troll to the highest degree and then blame mods for people reacting... Perhaps if you took the tiara off and stopped being the diva we all know you to be things would go smoother...

It's not trolling. It's snark. :wink:

Howey
08-22-2015, 04:25 PM

That's ghoulish! :)

Darmosiel
08-22-2015, 04:25 PM

Show me where I said anything about you specifically.

My post was clearly referring to the Republican CONGRESS.

I even posted a link regarding it... are you a member of Congress?

YOU fail.

Howey
08-22-2015, 04:34 PM

Is that like "You can keep your body parts if you want to?"

Chris
08-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Show me where I said anything about you specifically.

My post was clearly referring to the Republican CONGRESS.

I even posted a link regarding it... are you a member of Congress?

YOU fail.

You threw Rep gotcha nonsense in my direction, I threw it back. You missed the ball.

Living human body parts.

Howey
08-22-2015, 04:37 PM

I don't see where she said you were a Republican, but...

Just to set the record straight, what are you, or which movement do you identify with? Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Tea party, Green Party?

Howey
08-22-2015, 04:39 PM
Living human body parts.

Republican buzz word. If it's an abortion, there are no living human body parts. :eyeroll:

Howey
08-22-2015, 04:39 PM
Living human body parts.

Republican buzz word. If it's an abortion, there are no living human body parts. :eyeroll:

del
08-22-2015, 04:40 PM

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/how-public-views-planned-parenthood-nra-n403451

it's got higher approval and lower disapproval ratings than trump and hillary, among others

Private Pickle
08-22-2015, 04:50 PM
It's not trolling. It's snark. :wink:

Fair nuff my American brother. Fair nuff.

Chris
08-22-2015, 05:15 PM

Actually, it's what medical science says, a living human being. True, once "aborted" it's not living anymore.

Another "Republican" distraction.

Chris
08-22-2015, 05:17 PM

Just to set the record straight, what are you, or which movement do you identify with? Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Tea party, Green Party?

She responded to me with a Rep gotcha to deflect from the topic. Fail.

Anarchist. Anarchocapitalist, or free-market anarchist to be precise. Still nothing to do with topic.

del
08-22-2015, 08:14 PM

bowel

Captain Obvious
08-22-2015, 08:15 PM
bowel

Ass roots guy, eh?

del
08-22-2015, 08:16 PM
Ass roots guy, eh?

tp all the way, baby

Peter1469
08-22-2015, 09:05 PM
lol

Peter1469
08-22-2015, 10:10 PM
Thousands protest at PP centers across the (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/08/22/thousands-protest-outside-planned-parenthood-clinics-around-the-country/) nation.

Thousands of antiabortion activists descended upon Planned Parenthood clinics on Saturday to participate in a nationwide protest aimed at cutting off federal funding for the controversial health-care organization.

The demonstrations unfolded at about 320 clinics around the nation, according to organizers, with some gatherings drawing a few dozen protesters and others drawing hundreds and perhaps thousands more.

The protests kicked off at 9 a.m. Saturday and included speakers, prayer groups and chants, as well as signs distributed by organizers that said “Planned Parenthood sells baby parts.”

Chris
08-22-2015, 10:52 PM
bowel

That was stupid. But what is expected anymore.

Ransom
08-23-2015, 06:41 AM

Is your tax money being used to support PP? Do you have 'skin in this game', a dog in this fight?

I already know this doesn't bother you at all. Many have indeed gone on record not bothered by the least. Thus previous and future hysterics by members on previous and future topics taken with ten ton grains of salt. Thus defined, many will try to nuance and split hairs and why those many don't like Uncle Ransom either. Saves his protection instincts for the innocent, knows how to tell the difference between actual victims and those with victim mentalities.... and he's ruthless. Crosses to bear I'd limit to few, Adelaide. You should heed advice every once in awhile, the hard of head are not in it for intellectual curiosity rather, the argument itself.

Ransom
08-23-2015, 06:47 AM

Hold the train doors there, Sonny. No no. You ain't tootin in here like Thomas the f'n tank engine, dropping Chris off, and chugging off into the I'll vote for Hillary no matter what sunset.

No no.

He's about as Republican as our once proud Chrysler Corporation is American

Please. Carry him back onto the train, take the fence post with ewe, put some coal in the clean burning engine..... move on.

Wolves Only sign you can leave at the gate.

Ransom
08-23-2015, 06:49 AM

For perhaps the second time, I'll agree with you there while merely reminding you to consider the source. Good Day, Sir.

Chris
08-23-2015, 09:32 AM
Is your tax money being used to support PP? Do you have 'skin in this game', a dog in this fight?

I already know this doesn't bother you at all. Many have indeed gone on record not bothered by the least. Thus previous and future hysterics by members on previous and future topics taken with ten ton grains of salt. Thus defined, many will try to nuance and split hairs and why those many don't like Uncle Ransom either. Saves his protection instincts for the innocent, knows how to tell the difference between actual victims and those with victim mentalities.... and he's ruthless. Crosses to bear I'd limit to few, Adelaide. You should heed advice every once in awhile, the hard of head are not in it for intellectual curiosity rather, the argument itself.

Interesting, here we are talking about human body parts and you're concerned with taxes? You being a neocon, that's an odd concern. Also, your English is deteriorating and incoherent.

del
08-23-2015, 10:52 AM

you never fail to deliver.

Chris
08-23-2015, 11:04 AM
you never fail to deliver.

Thanks. Keep up the sophomoric humor.

del
08-23-2015, 11:06 AM
Thanks. Keep up the sophomoric humor.

oh, you cut me deep.

i'll let the market decide.

:biglaugh:

Chris
08-23-2015, 11:09 AM
oh, you cut me deep.

i'll let the market decide.

:biglaugh:

Yes, you don't care at all, but keep reacting. Hmmmm.