PDA

View Full Version : Biden consults with Warren as he mulls 2016 presidential bid

Peter1469
08-22-2015, 08:56 PM
If Biden ran with Warren (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150822/us--dem_2016-biden-849296f43f.html), he would get the woman vote, the American Indian, and the hard left vote.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden left the seclusion of the Delaware home where he's been weighing a presidential run to meet Saturday with Elizabeth Warren — another influential Democrat who has faced calls to enter the 2016 race.

The unusual weekend huddle with Warren, a Massachusetts senator, took place at the Naval Observatory, the vice president's official residence, said an individual familiar with the meeting. An Obama administration official said Biden had traveled at the last minute to Washington for a private meeting and planned to return to Delaware the same day. Both of the individuals spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to discuss the meeting publicly.

Biden's meeting with Warren was the latest sign that the vice president is seriously considering entering the race, and that he's increasingly discussing it with Democratic leaders outside of his small cadre of longtime advisers.

Captain Obvious
08-22-2015, 09:01 PM
I think Biden is toying with this right now, if he tossed his hat in the ring it would be a slam dunk IMO.

Sanders is a nice... story, Hillary might be in jail soon for Christ's sake. It's his for the taking.

Green Arrow
08-23-2015, 01:51 AM
If Biden ran with Warren, Hillary and Bernie would become also-rans.

Redrose
08-23-2015, 02:12 AM
If Biden ran with Warren, Hillary and Bernie would become also-rans.

I don't think Biden's team would choose Warren, I see her personality too strong for Biden's easy going personality. She'd overshadow him. If he runs he'll take a very low profile Dem as his VP.