PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Ted Cruz to lead 50-state attack on Planned Parenthood

Cigar
08-24-2015, 08:43 AM
U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who has assiduously courted evangelicals throughout his presidential run, will take a lead role in the launch this week of an ambitious 50-state campaign to end taxpayer support for Planned Parenthood — a move that is likely to give the GOP candidate a major primary-season boost in the fierce battle for social-conservative and evangelical voters.

More than 100,000 pastors received e-mail invitations over the weekend to participate in conference calls with Cruz on Tuesday in which they will learn details of the plan to mobilize churchgoers in every congressional district beginning Aug. 30. The requests were sent on the heels of the Texas Republican’s “Rally for Religious Liberty,” which drew 2,500 people to a Des Moines ballroom Friday.

“The recent exposure of Planned Parenthood’s barbaric practices . . . has brought about a pressing need to end taxpayer support of this institution,” Cruz said in the e-mail call to action distributed by the American Renewal Project, an organization of conservative pastors.

The push comes as Cruz seeks to grab a decisive edge in a crowded primary-within-a-primary, with half a dozen GOP contenders battling for what he has referred to as “the evangelical bracket.”

Read more: http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/politics/2015/08/23/ted-cruz-lead-50-state-attack-planned-parenthood/32248061/

Wouldn't it be great if a Conservative Politician when on the 50 State attack on Jobs and the Middle Class :rollseyes:

Mac-7
08-24-2015, 08:45 AM
Women have obumerCare so they don't need PP.

exotix
08-24-2015, 09:03 AM
A Texas Canadian Cuban-communist telling conservatives what to do ... you just can't make that up ... LOL

Safety
08-24-2015, 09:05 AM

That's like saying we have nuclear weapons, so we don't need the military.

Mac-7
08-24-2015, 09:08 AM

With their obumerCare insurance women can go anywhere for their healthcare.

Liberals are just paying planned parenthood as a form of money laundering since pp employees donate some of that many back to the democrat party.

zelmo1234
08-24-2015, 09:21 AM

Why should planed parenthood receive half a billion dollars for services that they now can bill insurance companies for?

either Obamacare is a total and complete failure, or the DNC like that over 600 million a year that they receive in donations from Planed Parenthood

Either way there is NO reason to keep spending that money.

Safety
08-24-2015, 09:25 AM
Why should planed parenthood receive half a billion dollars for services that they now can bill insurance companies for?

either Obamacare is a total and complete failure, or the DNC like that over 600 million a year that they receive in donations from Planed Parenthood

It's not an either/or answer. How many times have they voted in congress to repeal ACA? Maybe people want to wait to see how the political climate changes before dismantling a program beneficial to a large segment of our society.

del
08-24-2015, 09:33 AM

every time you lie, the baby jesus aborts another fetus.

https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/lookup2.php?strID=C00314617

tsk, tsk

zelmo1234
08-24-2015, 09:39 AM
It's not an either/or answer. How many times have they voted in congress to repeal ACA? Maybe people want to wait to see how the political climate changes before dismantling a program beneficial to a large segment of our society.

That is great, but the law of the land is the ACA. Meaning that planned parenthood can bill the insurance companies.

So defund them now with a provision that if the ACA is repealed, the funding will be reinstated. I think that the Republicans, would jump all over that.

Safety
08-24-2015, 09:43 AM
That is great, but the law of the land is the ACA. Meaning that planned parenthood can bill the insurance companies.

So defund them now with a provision that if the ACA is repealed, the funding will be reinstated. I think that the Republicans, would jump all over that.

Yea, that's a hoop dream if you think people will go for that. How many votes in congress to date regarding repealing ACA? 54 times?

Scott Walker: I will repeal Obamacare on Day 1 of presidency (http://host.madison.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/scott-walker-i-will-repeal-obamacare-on-day-of-presidency/article_cc19c0df-b844-513d-84dd-be812949c694.html)

nic34
08-24-2015, 09:43 AM

But your guy is going to repeal that on day one, remember?

zelmo1234
08-24-2015, 09:45 AM
every time you lie, the baby jesus aborts another fetus.

https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/lookup2.php?strID=C00314617

tsk, tsk

So all of their political activity comes through their pack?? NO they donate directly to candidates and to other political action committees as well

but you already knew that, Talking point was nice though, it always is amusing to see you talking about honesty.

nic34
08-24-2015, 09:46 AM

Typical convoluted of GOPer-think. Straight out of the Moe Howard bag of tricks....

zelmo1234
08-24-2015, 09:47 AM
Yea, that's a hoop dream if you think people will go for that. How many votes in congress to date regarding repealing ACA? 54 times?

that would be a big win for Democrats then. If they offered to defund planed parenthood with conditional funding

Then they have all the cover that they need

Safety
08-24-2015, 09:48 AM
that would be a big win for Democrats then. If they offered to defund planed parenthood with conditional funding

Then they have all the cover that they need

Probably the biggest win for the Democrats is the current situation, don't you agree?

nic34
I'm sure glad we're debating the really important shit of 2015-2016 here......

del
So all of their political activity comes through their pack?? NO they donate directly to candidates and to other political action committees as well

but you already knew that, Talking point was nice though, it always is amusing to see you talking about honesty.

jesus needs more gas for his wood chipper now.

sad

Safety
08-24-2015, 09:49 AM

sad

Biodiesel, gotta go green, don't cha know.

zelmo1234
08-24-2015, 09:53 AM
Typical convoluted of GOPer-think. Straight out of the Moe Howard bag of tricks....

OK so lets just look at how a logical person would think.

The ACA is mandated everyone that does not have insurance is breaking the law.

The ACA mandates that these women's issues with the exception of abortion are covered by the ACA.

Planned parenthood also is not allowed to use federal funds for Abortion.

So they can bill for the services that they once did for free

Now my twisted way of thinking according to you is to stop the funding that they no longer need, until such a time that they need it again.

You plan is pay them twice for the services incase the ACA is repealed, they are covered?

I guess that my twisted way of thinking does not take into account the money laundering for the DNC into account

zelmo1234
08-24-2015, 09:55 AM

sad

So I can declare victory in one post, usually you don't resort to gibberish until post 2 or 3? Long weekend?

del
08-24-2015, 09:57 AM
So I can declare victory in one post, usually you don't resort to gibberish until post 2 or 3? Long weekend?

you can declare victory whenever you want.

your next one will be your first one.

zelmo1234
08-24-2015, 09:57 AM
I'm sure glad we're debating the really important $#@! of 2015-2016 here......

Well you all seem to want money for infrastructure improvement. Here is a great place to get 500 million That should help don't you think?

Oh! Wait I forgot about the donations. You are right putting people back to work, instead of killing babies and selling the body parts is much more important

zelmo1234
08-24-2015, 09:58 AM

Well that is just like your first rational thought then?

Safety
08-24-2015, 10:03 AM

:rofl:

Mac-7
08-24-2015, 10:14 AM
But your guy is going to repeal that on day one, remember?

Thats a fair point.

But none of my guys are in the White House yet.

However pp is selling human body parts now.

nic34
08-24-2015, 10:16 AM
Well you all seem to want money for infrastructure improvement. Here is a great place to get 500 million That should help don't you think?

Oh! Wait I forgot about the donations. You are right putting people back to work, instead of killing babies and selling the body parts is much more important

Twist it till it works for ya....

nic34
08-24-2015, 10:23 AM
Thats a fair point.

Link?

Unedited version please.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/unspinning-the-planned-parenthood-video/

Safety
08-24-2015, 10:24 AM
Link?

Unedited version please.

You just made him leave the thread....

Mac-7
08-24-2015, 10:28 AM
Link?

Unedited version please.

Still here Safety.

Rather than quoting a PP surrogate why not just quote PP directly?

Cigar
08-24-2015, 10:35 AM
Thats a fair point.

THis country has been utilizing dead bodies for science for a really long time. Are you really basing your Vote on this issue?

nic34
08-24-2015, 10:36 AM
Still here Safety.

Rather than quoting a PP surrogate why not just quote PP directly?

Statement from Eric Ferrero, Vice President of Communications, Planned Parenthood Federation of America:

“In health care, patients sometimes want to donate tissue to scientific research that can help lead to medical breakthroughs, such as treatments and cures for serious diseases. Women at Planned Parenthood who have abortions are no different. At several of our health centers, we help patients who want to donate tissue for scientific research, and we do this just like every other high-quality health care provider does -- with full, appropriate consent from patients and under the highest ethical and legal standards. There is no financial benefit for tissue donation for either the patient or for Planned Parenthood. In some instances, actual costs, such as the cost to transport tissue to leading research centers, are reimbursed, which is standard across the medical field.

http://plannedparenthood.org/about-us/newsroom/press-releases/statement-from-planned-parenthood-on-new-undercover-video#sthash.ueaf0NSn.dpuf

Mac-7
08-24-2015, 10:39 AM
THis country has been utilizing dead bodies for science for a really long time. Are you really basing your Vote on this issue?

But until the 1970s we didn't legalize infanticide in order to get the dead bodies for liberal mad scientists to play with.

Mac-7
08-24-2015, 10:40 AM
Statement from Eric Ferrero, Vice President of Communications, Planned Parenthood Federation of America:

“In health care, patients sometimes want to donate tissue to scientific research that can help lead to medical breakthroughs, such as treatments and cures for serious diseases. Women at Planned Parenthood who have abortions are no different. At several of our health centers, we help patients who want to donate tissue for scientific research, and we do this just like every other high-quality health care provider does -- with full, appropriate consent from patients and under the highest ethical and legal standards. There is no financial benefit for tissue donation for either the patient or for Planned Parenthood. In some instances, actual costs, such as the cost to transport tissue to leading research centers, are reimbursed, which is standard across the medical field.

http://plannedparenthood.org/about-us/newsroom/press-releases/statement-from-planned-parenthood-on-new-undercover-video#sthash.ueaf0NSn.dpuf

Straight from the horses mouth.

Thats better.

nic34
08-24-2015, 10:41 AM

As usual it's just more divide and conquer tactics the GOPers are so good at. Tear away the catholic and much of the latino vote from dems over issues of faith rather than that of economics, trade and jobs that they are so terrible at.

Safety
08-24-2015, 10:42 AM

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/5a/5ad5f0745d94f51c5d235dc37fdafe6e369a11eea33b3bd6df 8a108348b90400.jpg

nic34
08-24-2015, 10:42 AM
Straight from the horses mouth.

Thats better.

So what part do you need help with?

Mac-7
08-24-2015, 10:45 AM
So what part do you need help with?

Nothing.

you may believe pp but I don't.

Bo-4
08-24-2015, 11:05 AM
What a moron. Bet he goes for yet another gub-ment shutdown to the tune of another 24 billion and credit downgrade or two.

Dude should be tarred, feathered and sent back to Canada.

Sadly, they called. :)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f9/ec/91/f9ec9151b7f06fe2c4275a194ef4cfd7.jpg

Mac-7
08-24-2015, 11:21 AM
What a moron. Bet he goes for yet another gub-ment shutdown to the tune of another 24 billion and credit downgrade or two.

Dude should be tarred, feathered and sent back to Canada.

Sadly, they called. :)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f9/ec/91/f9ec9151b7f06fe2c4275a194ef4cfd7.jpg

I don't mind a government shutdown so if that's what it takes that's ok with me.

Cigar
08-24-2015, 11:23 AM
I don't mind a government shutdown so if that's what it takes that's ok with me.

Enjoy the View from the Sidewalk .... it's ain't gonna change anytime soon.

Mac-7
08-24-2015, 12:28 PM

Maybe I'm just not as dependent on government as libs are.

Bo-4
08-24-2015, 12:28 PM

Yep, McTurtle has already said no.

exotix
08-24-2015, 12:38 PM
I don't mind a government shutdown so if that's what it takes that's ok with me.Why didn't Cruz just stay in Canada and shut down the govt. ?

Mac-7
08-24-2015, 12:41 PM
Why didn't Cruz just stay in Canada and shut down the govt. ?

Not worthy of a response.

birddog
08-24-2015, 01:11 PM

She just doesn't get any better. :smiley: Poor thing.

I have the tendency to ignore posts where I have already substantiated my post, but they want to beat a dead horse. Libs don't have much. Kind of sad really.

Mac-7
08-24-2015, 02:25 PM
She just doesn't get any better. :smiley: Poor thing.

I have the tendency to ignore posts where I have already substantiated my post, but they want to beat a dead horse. Libs don't have much. Kind of sad really.

After 7 years of obumer liberals are running on empty.

Darmosiel
08-24-2015, 02:27 PM

ACA isn't medical insurance...

Planned Parenthood is funded through MediCaid which is a Government funded health care program
and varies from state to state and was started in the 80's.

Was Obama President in the 80's?

Planned Parenthood provides health services to both men and women...
for ovarian cancer, pelvic cancer, STD's and HIV.

If Cruz is successful expect more people to get STDs and HIV.

Thank you GOP.
We can always count on you to do what's best for the American people.

But don't worry I'm certain Cruz and his nutty father will pray for the poor.
God will make people with HIV better.

Darmosiel
08-24-2015, 02:30 PM
Why didn't Cruz just stay in Canada and shut down the govt. ?

Canada is glad to be rid of him.

Canada actually does have National Health Insurance.

Mac-7
08-24-2015, 02:51 PM
ACA isn't medical insurance...

Planned Parenthood is funded through MediCaid which is a Government funded health care program
and varies from state to state and was started in the 80's.

Was Obama President in the 80's?

Planned Parenthood provides health services to both men and women...
for ovarian cancer, pelvic cancer, STD's and HIV.

If Cruz is successful expect more people to get STDs and HIV.

Thank you GOP.
We can always count on you to do what's best for the American people.

But don't worry I'm certain Cruz and his nutty father will pray for the poor.
God will make people with HIV better.

There have to be consequences for running a Frankenstiens monster supply warehouse.

Other clinics can do legitimate health screening for women.

del
08-24-2015, 03:15 PM

and yet...

lol

hanger4
08-24-2015, 05:20 PM
ACA isn't medical insurance... Planned Parenthood is funded through MediCaid which is a Government funded health care program and varies from state to state and was started in the 80's.Was Obama President in the 80's?Planned Parenthood provides health services to both men and women... for ovarian cancer, pelvic cancer, STD's and HIV.If Cruz is successful expect more people to get STDs and HIV.Thank you GOP. We can always count on you to do what's best for the American people.But don't worry I'm certain Cruz and his nutty father will pray for the poor.God will make people with HIV better.ACA requires all to purchase medical insurance. ACA requires medical insurance to cover most if not all of Planned Paremthoods services.

Mac-7
08-24-2015, 05:23 PM
ACA requires all to purchase medical insurance. ACA requires medical insurance to cover most if not all of Planned Paremthoods services.

Precisely.

zelmo1234
08-24-2015, 06:12 PM
Twist it till it works for ya....

Until someone can tell me why they need the funding now that the ACA is the law of the land, I have nothing to twist.

You tell me, why are we paying them for things that can be billed to insurance companies?

zelmo1234
08-24-2015, 06:18 PM
As usual it's just more divide and conquer tactics the GOPers are so good at. Tear away the catholic and much of the latino vote from dems over issues of faith rather than that of economics, trade and jobs that they are so terrible at.

And yet, the poor and middle class are worse off today that under GWB? Go figure?

It might have to do with the selling of body parts. every time the left think s that they have it under control a new and more terrible video is exposed.

It is clear to anyone that does not want to stick their head in the sand that Planed parenthood is breaking the law.

Now Democrats could care less, as long as the money keep coming in.

del
08-24-2015, 06:21 PM
and yet, no arrests, no indictments, no trials, no convictions

just zel lying about planned (note the second n, zippy) parenthood

zelmo1234
08-24-2015, 06:26 PM

Well of course not del, the current administration is getting millions

We have dems such as yourself try talking out their asses. part of the ACA is expanded Medicaid to those that can't afford the ACA insurance.

But even with video after video, all quoting prices and taking orders, the Democrats are willing to lie an twist the truth.

So if you have any proof, other than Planed Parenthood employee's saying that we are not doing that? Then let be know.

If you can prove I am lying please do. But taking your word for it is not going to happen you would not know the truth if it smacked you in the face.

zelmo1234
08-24-2015, 06:28 PM

So if I am lying so much and having all of these issues? Why is someone as intelligent as yourself resorting to name calling?

did you run out of talking points. Maybe your masters can help you out?

del
08-24-2015, 06:31 PM
Well of course not del, the current administration is getting millions

We have dems such as yourself try talking out their asses. part of the ACA is expanded Medicaid to those that can't afford the ACA insurance.

But even with video after video, all quoting prices and taking orders, the Democrats are willing to lie an twist the truth.

So if you have any proof, other than Planed Parenthood employee's saying that we are not doing that? Then let be know.

If you can prove I am lying please do. But taking your word for it is not going to happen you would not know the truth if it smacked you in the face.

let me know when the trial starts; i'll laugh at you until then.

you do know it's illegal, right? so how come no one's being prosecuted?

:biglaugh:

thanks, zippy

del
08-24-2015, 06:31 PM
So if I am lying so much and having all of these issues? Why is someone as intelligent as yourself resorting to name calling?

did you run out of talking points. Maybe your masters can help you out?

i call people who tell lies liars.

let me know which part of that complex formula confuses you.

zelmo1234
08-24-2015, 06:35 PM
i call people who tell lies liars.

let me know which part of that complex formula confuses you.

Well I just will start calling you a liar then because you have nothing

just another FS trying to deflect?

PolWatch
08-24-2015, 07:07 PM
Please keep the discussion civil. No provoking. No retaliation. No name calling

del
08-24-2015, 07:25 PM
Well I just will start calling you a liar then because you have nothing

just another FS trying to deflect?

baby jesus is gonna be awfully busy with his wood chipper

Green Arrow
08-24-2015, 07:30 PM
I don't see the issue. Cruz is being smart and frankly, I wish more candidates would push policy this way.

I don't like Cruz at all, but this at least I respect.

Mac-7
08-24-2015, 07:34 PM
I don't see the issue. Cruz is being smart and frankly, I wish more candidates would push policy this way.

I don't like Cruz at all, but this at least I respect.

I like Cruz.

And I also like Trump.

Both men stand up to the media weenies left and right and stick to their position.