PDA

View Full Version : Anatomy of a Hillary Clinton pseudo-scandal: How Republicans and their media lackeys

Mark III
08-24-2015, 03:46 PM
Anatomy of a Hillary Clinton pseudo-scandal: How Republicans and their media lackeys are trying to manufacture her downfall
First of all, the issue does depend on what the definition of classified is. If that’s what the American people are thinking, then bravo, because the fact is that none of the emails that have been flagged were classified when she handled them. Various departments are looking at them now and reportedly deciding that maybe they should have been. That’s really it, as far as the “classified documents” issue is concerned, and the press shouldn’t be dismissive of that fact.

As for whether she should have had a separate email server, well — she did and that’s that. They’ll be arguing about whether that was a good decision forever, but it no more speaks to her competence than it speaks to the competence of Colin Powell, who also used a personal email for his official correspondence and deleted all of them when he left. Or Jeb Bush, for that matter, who also had a personal server.

As for whether she should have had a separate email server, well — she did and that’s that. They’ll be arguing about whether that was a good decision forever, but it no more speaks to her competence than it speaks to the competence of Colin Powell, who also used a personal email for his official correspondence and deleted all of them when he left. Or Jeb Bush, for that matter, who also had a personal server. It was obviously considered an innocuous procedure at the time, but if Clinton had been clairvoyant, as they apparently believe she should have been, she would have seen into the future, known that congressional Republicans would hold nine separate investigations into a bogus scandal called “Benghazi,” and would have seen that they would throw everything at the wall — and the one thing that would stick was her use of a private email server. It’s fair to assume that, had she known all that, she would have done something differently to avoid the “appearance” of wrongdoing.
But what’s important to note in all this that nothing that happened on that email server appears to have been corrupt, unethical, illegal or dangerous. It’s all smoke, no fire. And that’s the point. The smoke obscures the truth and makes everything vague and formless, leaving only an impression of being under siege.

http://www.salon.com/2015/08/24/anatomy_of_a_hillary_clinton_pseudo_scandal_how_re publicans_and_their_media_lackeys_are_trying_to_ma nufacture_her_downfall/

Mark III
08-24-2015, 03:51 PM
I would rather see Sanders, or even Biden, be the Democratic candidate and win the general, but they (the political right and the media) are trying to railroad Hillary.

Mac-7
08-24-2015, 03:54 PM
I didn't realize we were that good at the politics of personal destruction.

My side always seems pretty incompetent at getting the lib news media to do our bidding.

I'm impressed.

Mark III
08-24-2015, 04:07 PM
I didn't realize we were that good at the politics of personal destruction.

My side always seems pretty incompetent at getting the lib news media to do our bidding.

I'm impressed.

If we hadn't had a parade of dubious investigations of both the Clintons and the Obama administration, it might be more reasonable to see this pseudo-scandal unfold. As it is , we have been shown weeks and weeks of smoke with no fire.