PDA

View Full Version : Intermission.....

MMC
09-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Well I got to break my brutha.....got to head out with the ole lady. Especially since the Queen just got done explaining if I want to have dinner tonight. That I will get off my ass and go with her to the store.....groan, you just do not know what this entails.

On a good note I haven't been breaking out as much. Hoping it is going away. Be back laters tonight.

Hope ya got that Challenge Pen.

Conley
09-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Well I got to break my brutha.....got to head out with the ole lady. Especially since the Queen just got done explaining if I want to have dinner tonight. That I will get off my ass and go with her to the store.....groan, you just do not know what this entails.

On a good note I haven't been breaking out as much. Hoping it is going away. Be back laters tonight.

Hope ya got that Challenge Pen.

Glad you are feeling better MMC! I gotta take my lady out here in a bit as well.

I will catch ya tonight.

Conley
09-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Alright Brutha, I gotta crash...get some rest and I'll see ya in the AM

MMC
09-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Alright Brutha, I gotta crash...get some rest and I'll see ya in the AM

K bro.....catch ya during the daylight.

MMC
09-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Mornin D-Man.....hey I got to run my kid over to his new job be right back. Its just a few blocks behind my house. Be right back.

Mister D
09-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Mornin D-Man.....hey I got to run my kid over to his new job be right back. Its just a few blocks behind my house. Be right back.

I'm here. I'll try to post a little more today.

Conley
09-05-2011, 08:51 AM

Hey that is good news he got a job!

I am here for reverie ;D

MMC
09-05-2011, 09:08 AM

I am here for reverie ;D

Alright CL morning bro.....Then There Were Three!
Yep he got a job at a Dealership as a Service Porter.....bout 7 or 8 blocks behind our house. Good cuz he will walk if he has to. Or Ride a bike. I am hoping it will be at least 40 hrs a week. Plus he will get around some guys older than him.

Mister D
09-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Good news, MMC. :)

Conley
09-05-2011, 09:12 AM

I am here for reverie ;D

Alright CL morning bro.....Then There Were Three!
Yep he got a job at a Dealership as a Service Porter.....bout 7 or 8 blocks behind our house. Good cuz he will walk if he has to. Or Ride a bike. I am hoping it will be at least 40 hrs a week. Plus he will get around some guys older than him.

That is fantastic news! Especially while the weather's good he should be able to walk or bike, that's not far assuming it's safe and not late at night. Congrats!! Step 1 get a job, Step 2 move out da house

MMC
09-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Yeah I already told him to buy his own snacks and drinks. Plus he is to put the money away for an Apt. We also already know where some studio's and 1 bedroom apts are right down the street where he is working. Not to mention there some right across the street from where he is working. He needs to get up a Security Deposit and Rent. So he knows we are not charging him rent or anything.

I already sent the Word.....with his brother to his mother so that if he is close then. She is going to help by giving him the rest. That he will not be able to stay here. He wants out ASAP because I told him he has to see someone otherwise he is out. The last little escapade caught his attention. Right now he is talking to someone at a Church right down the street. He apologized but knows this time things are different.

Conley
09-05-2011, 09:23 AM
That is all great news MMC. Good that his Moms is pitchin in too, and that he's at least talking to someone. He knows you're serious this time. Things are definitely looking up!

Mister D
09-05-2011, 09:29 AM
If he isn't paying rent now there is absolutely no excuse for not having a security deposit stashed away within 30-60 days. Unless he is spending money of drugs which I hope is not the case.

MMC
09-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I want to get him into his own place qwik-like. He is not on drugs D, nor does he smoke. Weed nor Cigarettes. But he does have a drinking problem around beer. Which i told him he don't have any money for. Not much I can do when he is not round here. Plus he turns 21 Feb 1st.

I think I can even get him like basic cable for 6 months with movie channels HBO SHO and Cinemax. So he would only have an electric bill. Plus his own cell phone. I told him not bad. 3 bills. Rent, Electric, and his phone.

Mornin LO.....I see ya brutha! ;)

Mister D
09-05-2011, 09:43 AM
I wouldn't lean too hard on him when it comes to the beer because you need some kind of outlet but what do I know. ??? I'm in no position to give advice.

Yeah, three bills ain't a tall order. Plus, he'll have the privacy he probably wants.

Conley
09-05-2011, 09:53 AM
I wouldn't lean too hard on him when it comes to the beer because you need some kind of outlet but what do I know. ??? I'm in no position to give advice.

Yeah, three bills ain't a tall order. Plus, he'll have the privacy he probably wants.

Yep that'll be nice for him, he'll ease his way into being responsible for his own finances. Three bills aint a thing.

MMC
09-05-2011, 10:00 AM

It is ideal for now.....he is close to home. He can be on his own. We can check on him. His brother will be able to go and spend time with him. If he wants to stop over and visit that all will be fine. I told him he should save everything he can to get his own car. Thats within 7-8 months he should be able to get some sort of beeter-car to get around with, or take the time and get a decent used one. Maybe then he could move into a mechanic spot. He would make good money and still be able to walk to work. The place is a Hyundai Dealership too. He knows I will do all I can to help him to.

Mister D
09-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Does he know what he's doing with cars?

MMC
09-05-2011, 10:49 AM

He was going to Lincoln Tech. 2yr program for mechanics but quit due to money and whatever bug he got up his butt. Owes the student loan on it. Passed doing drum breaks and oil changes. So there are some things he can do. He should get whatever hands on experince he can. Plus he knows how to park the cars and wash them. They way they want him to.

Mister D
09-05-2011, 11:26 AM

He was going to Lincoln Tech. 2yr program for mechanics but quit due to money and whatever bug he got up his butt. Owes the student loan on it. Passed doing drum breaks and oil changes. So there are some things he can do. He should get whatever hands on experince he can. Plus he knows how to park the cars and wash them. They way they want him to.

Oh OK. Well then he has some background at least.

MMC
09-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Alright guys.....I got to break. Catch ya laters tonight. :)

Conley
09-05-2011, 12:23 PM

Have a good one! Enjoy the cook out...gonna go for a run here in a bit if it stops raining

Mister D
09-05-2011, 04:45 PM

Have a good one! Enjoy the cook out...gonna go for a run here in a bit if it stops raining

If it stops raining... ::) Man up! >:(

Conley
09-05-2011, 05:48 PM

:D I did.... 3.4 miles with lots of hills :'(

Mister D
09-05-2011, 06:34 PM

Excellent. If it's over 60 degrees some rain shouldn't stop you. Once it gets cold out rain becomes more of an obstacle.

Conley
09-05-2011, 06:49 PM

Excellent. If it's over 60 degrees some rain shouldn't stop you. Once it gets cold out rain becomes more of an obstacle.

I don't mind the rain or the cold at all, the problem is the next time I go running when my shoes are water logged and weigh a ton. That's the part I don't mind. If I'm going to not run for a few days then it'd be ok, but I like to go 6 times a week (Sunday is a day of rest ;)) so wet shoes would be a problem. I've had this pair for about five years and don't have another.

Conley
09-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Now it's about 85 degrees and 90% humidity...off and on storms. I think I might wait until tonight or do an indoor workout.