PDA

View Full Version : Kansas seeks to block release of voting machine paper tapes

AeonPax
08-27-2015, 07:18 AM
`
"WICHITA, Kan. (AP) – The top election official in Kansas has asked a Sedgwick County judge to block the release of voting machine tapes sought by a Wichita mathematician who is researching statistical anomalies favoring Republicans in counts coming from large precincts in the November 2014 general election.

Secretary of State Kris Kobach argued that the records sought by Wichita State University mathematician Beth Clarkson are not subject to the Kansas open records act, and that their disclosure is prohibited by Kansas statute. His response, which was faxed Friday to the Sedgwick County District Court, was made public Monday.

Clarkson, chief statistician for the university’s National Institute for Aviation Research, filed the open records lawsuit as part of her personal quest to find the answer to an unexplained pattern that transcends elections and states. She wants the hard-copies to check the error rate on electronic voting machines that were used in a voting station in Sedgwick County to establish a statistical model." - Source (http://ksn.com/2015/08/24/kansas-seeks-to-block-release-of-voting-machine-paper-tapes/)

`

`
One would think that Republican Kris Kobach would welcome, with open arms, anyone with the skills needed to eliminated the deadly, dangerous and out of control problem of "voter fraud." However, aside from the voting anomalies being in favor of the Republicans, this is a female challenging the voting practices and she's using mathematics, not the Kansas and biblically approved "Theomatics". She doesn't realize that these voting machines are blessed. If God wanted people to vote any other way, he would have invented paper ballots. <sarc>

Mac-7
08-27-2015, 07:25 AM
We should go back to the old mechanical machines.

Because if the liberals aren't hacking the system conservatives will.

Crepitus
08-27-2015, 07:55 AM
This is the man behind Arizona's S.B. 1070, Ran and was elected on a platform of voter fraud prevention, pushed voter ID laws and didn't follow though the portion requiring availability of said ID's thus disenfranchising thousands of Kansas voters (mostly poor people), he is also a birther (read moron) and counsel for the Immigration Reform Law Institute—the legal arm of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, which the Southern Poverty Law Center labels a hate group.

Yea, he's a scumbag of the highest order.

AeonPax
08-27-2015, 08:16 PM
`
`

Judge Shuts Down Kris Kobach’s Attempt To Disenfranchise Voters In Kansas Elections (http://thinkprogress.org/election/2015/08/27/3695987/kris-kobach-ruling-kansas/)

A Kansas judge last week dealt a blow to Secretary of State Kris Kobach’s voter suppression efforts, denying his attempt to end a lawsuit challenging the state’s two-tier voter registration system that requires voters to provide proof of citizenship to vote in state races.

The lawsuit challenges the state’s dual voter registration system. Kobach crafted the system, which the judge said was beyond his authority, after he pushed a law through the legislature in 2013 to require voters to provide proof-of-citizenship documents when they register to vote for the first time or after moving to Kansas. The state denied voters who used the federal voter registration form and failed to provide their passport, birth certificate or other documentation from participating in state and local elections, and the American Civil Liberties Union filed suit on behalf of state voters shut out from the political process.

Micah Kubic, executive director of the ACLU in Kansas told ThinkProgress the ruling allowing the case to move forward marks a “great day for voting rights.”
`
Looks like this creep is a busy little beaver.

Peter1469
08-27-2015, 08:43 PM
Citizens should be able to count every vote on request. Any other system is corrupt.

Johnny-C
08-27-2015, 09:35 PM
In my view, voters ought to sign in with any picture to vote (both image and signature already on record). Receive a printed record/receipt of their activity... and have a means of MATCHING of that paper record with the official State record on the way out of the poll.

That's the kind of sh__ we need to get into, instead of all this gerrymandering and voter disenfranchisement we see so many DIRTY politicians (especially on the Right) playing.

Archer0915
08-27-2015, 09:47 PM
Citizens should be able to count every vote on request. Any other system is corrupt.

But do they need to prove they are citizens? Don't need to when registering, according to a judge.

Adelaide
08-28-2015, 11:26 AM
`
"WICHITA, Kan. (AP) – The top election official in Kansas has asked a Sedgwick County judge to block the release of voting machine tapes sought by a Wichita mathematician who is researching statistical anomalies favoring Republicans in counts coming from large precincts in the November 2014 general election.

Secretary of State Kris Kobach argued that the records sought by Wichita State University mathematician Beth Clarkson are not subject to the Kansas open records act, and that their disclosure is prohibited by Kansas statute. His response, which was faxed Friday to the Sedgwick County District Court, was made public Monday.

Clarkson, chief statistician for the university’s National Institute for Aviation Research, filed the open records lawsuit as part of her personal quest to find the answer to an unexplained pattern that transcends elections and states. She wants the hard-copies to check the error rate on electronic voting machines that were used in a voting station in Sedgwick County to establish a statistical model." - Source (http://ksn.com/2015/08/24/kansas-seeks-to-block-release-of-voting-machine-paper-tapes/)

`

`
One would think that Republican Kris Kobach would welcome, with open arms, anyone with the skills needed to eliminated the deadly, dangerous and out of control problem of "voter fraud." However, aside from the voting anomalies being in favor of the Republicans, this is a female challenging the voting practices and she's using mathematics, not the Kansas and biblically approved "Theomatics". She doesn't realize that these voting machines are blessed. If God wanted people to vote any other way, he would have invented paper ballots. <sarc>

I get that it is sarcasm, but what exactly does God have to do with it? I don't see that anywhere in the story.

AeonPax
08-28-2015, 11:33 AM
I get that it is sarcasm, but what exactly does God have to do with it? I don't see that anywhere in the story.
`
`
Duh. That call that a "paraphrase" of a quote; "If God wanted us to fly, He would have given us tickets" and I used it linguistically as a metaphor. I'm sorry you don't understand such things.

Adelaide
08-28-2015, 11:40 AM
`
`
Duh. That call that a "paraphrase" of a quote; "If God wanted us to fly, He would have given us tickets" and I used it linguistically as a metaphor. I'm sorry you don't understand such things.

Hm. It's interesting you resort to insults. Especially when you're attempting to insult my intelligence with barely comprehendible grammatical mistakes. Cute.

Cigar
08-28-2015, 11:43 AM
We should go back to the old mechanical machines.

Because if the liberals aren't hacking the system conservatives will.

The only way to beat Demographics, is to get to Screwing :tongue:

AeonPax
08-28-2015, 11:46 AM
Hm. It's interesting you resort to insults. Especially when you're attempting to insult my intelligence with barely comprehendible grammatical mistakes. Cute.
`
Stupid questions deserve stupid answers....and considering the source, I had no other alternative.

PS - The word is spelled; comprehensible

Adelaide
08-28-2015, 11:50 AM
`
Stupid questions deserve stupid answers....and considering the source, I had no other alternative.

PS - The word is spelled; comprehensible

Aw, bless your heart. Definition of comprehendible:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/comprehendible

Definition of comprehensible:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/comprehensible?s=t

Look at that! The same.

You should focus on basic sentence formation before trying to be witty. You're not particularly good at the former nonetheless the latter.

AeonPax
08-28-2015, 11:58 AM
Aw, bless your heart. Definition of comprehendible: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/comprehendibleDefinition of comprehensible:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/comprehensible?s=tLook at that! The same.You should focus on basic sentence formation before trying to be witty. You're not particularly good at the former nonetheless the latter.

Awww, how precious...someone with the inability to construct grammatically correct sentences is attempting lecturing someone who does. When you learn how to read, which you obviously are having a hard time at, and making rational sentences, then maybe you can grasp such complex topics and understand wit.