PDA

View Full Version : Forbes Business: Thanks, Obamacare....

JDubya
08-30-2015, 01:27 PM
One wonders how much better the numbers would be had the past-clinging Republicans not obstructed progress every step of the way.

Thanks, Obamacare: America's Uninsured Rate Is Below 10% For First Time Ever

For the first time in more than 50 years of surveys, the CDC on Wednesday reported (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhis/earlyrelease/insur201508.pdf) that more than 90% of Americans — 90.8% of us, to be specific — have health insurance.
Until now, no major survey had ever found that the uninsured rate in America has hit single digits.
The data comes from the National Health Interview Survey, which the CDC and the Census Bureau have been conducting for more than 50 years. The questions have sometimes changed, but until this year, the answers haven’t: More than 10% of respondents, and sometimes as many as 18% of Americans, have reported that they’ve been uninsured.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/dandiamond/files/2015/08/CDCUninsured.png (http://blogs-images.forbes.com/dandiamond/files/2015/08/CDCUninsured.png)

The clear factor is the Affordable Care Act’s push for coverage expansion, which kicked in almost two years ago. I spoke about the ACA’s role with several experts (http://onforb.es/1CaSBPk) back in June, and you can easily see the law’s effects on the chart.

Nearly 16 million fewer Americans were uninsured in early 2015 compared to 2013.
And based on past precedent, there’s every expectation that the uninsured rate will continue to go down as enrollment in the ACA exchanges and Medicaid keeps going up.
For example, the CDC issues data on the uninsured rate throughout the year, and Wednesday’s results are based on surveys conducted between January and March of 2015. (Since it’s not full-year data, CDC calls it their early release program.) And last year’s equivalent early-release report, which surveyed Americans between January and March 2014, found that 13.1% of Americans were uninsured at the time. But after a full year’s worth of 2014 data, the number of uninsured was down to 11.5%.

CDC’s new report also plays up the divide between Medicaid expansion states and non-Medicaid expansion states (http://www.advisory.com/medicaidmap).
In states that haven’t expanded in Medicaid, about 23% of residents under age-65 were uninsured in 2013; that’s down to about 17%. But in states that have expanded Medicaid? The comparable uninsured rate has fallen from about 18.5% in 2013 to 10.5% this year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/2015/08/12/for-first-time-americas-uninsured-rate-is-below-10/

Captain Obvious
08-30-2015, 01:28 PM
I love this sentiment, it's like total oblivion.

No shit the uninsured rate is dropping, it's being taxpayer funded.

The side effects of taxpayer funded insurance, and there are many of them are way beyond the comprehension of average RW shills.

whatukno
08-30-2015, 02:06 PM
I love this sentiment, it's like total oblivion.

No shit the uninsured rate is dropping, it's being taxpayer funded.

The side effects of taxpayer funded insurance, and there are many of them are way beyond the comprehension of average RW shills.

Americans are able to get health care, genuine legitimate health care, that makes it so that they are able to work, be more productive, and leads to a better GDP.

Little story to prove my point. When I was younger, working in a restaurant, I didn't have health insurance, there was a growth in my neck. Didn't hurt, didn't bother me too much, but it was noticeable. I went to my doctor, to have it checked out, he correctly diagnosed it as a bronchial cleft cyst. but, because I did not have insurance at the time, he told me to not worry about it, and it would go away on it's own. Less than a year later, I was working at a job at a hotel, where they offered an excellent insurance package, I took them up on it, went back to the SAME DOCTOR, he again diagnosed it as a bronchial cleft cyst, but this time, said it would not go away on it's own, it would have to be removed, he referred me to a Ear nose and throat guy, who did the operation.

Quality of care with insurance is far better than quality of care without it. Yes, the ACA has flaws, flaws that need to be fixed, But it's better than the Republican alternative which is to repeal it and "Screw you poor people, die like you are supposed to". Republicans have no alternative to ACA, if they come up with something better, good, we will look at it. But right now, they have nothing.

Mac-7
08-30-2015, 02:46 PM
The number of uninsured is down but the number of deadbeats mooching off the taxpayers is up

hanger4
08-30-2015, 02:51 PM
I'm a bettin the medicade rolls have skyrocked.

Captain Obvious
08-30-2015, 04:33 PM
Americans are able to get health care, genuine legitimate health care, that makes it so that they are able to work, be more productive, and leads to a better GDP.

Little story to prove my point. When I was younger, working in a restaurant, I didn't have health insurance, there was a growth in my neck. Didn't hurt, didn't bother me too much, but it was noticeable. I went to my doctor, to have it checked out, he correctly diagnosed it as a bronchial cleft cyst. but, because I did not have insurance at the time, he told me to not worry about it, and it would go away on it's own. Less than a year later, I was working at a job at a hotel, where they offered an excellent insurance package, I took them up on it, went back to the SAME DOCTOR, he again diagnosed it as a bronchial cleft cyst, but this time, said it would not go away on it's own, it would have to be removed, he referred me to a Ear nose and throat guy, who did the operation.

Quality of care with insurance is far better than quality of care without it. Yes, the ACA has flaws, flaws that need to be fixed, But it's better than the Republican alternative which is to repeal it and "Screw you poor people, die like you are supposed to". Republicans have no alternative to ACA, if they come up with something better, good, we will look at it. But right now, they have nothing.

When you were younger? Like a zygote you mean? You're like 12.

Peter1469
08-30-2015, 05:14 PM
The fool calls for coverage with zero thought to cost.

Fool- you know who you are.

hanger4
08-30-2015, 05:26 PM
Yes, the ACA has flaws, flaws that need to be fixed, But it's better than the Republican alternative which is to repeal it and "Screw you poor people, die like you are supposed to". Republicans have no alternative to ACA, if they come up with something better, good, we will look at it. But right now, they have nothing.The Repubs have offered alternatives from the get go and even before. Just because your sources ignore them doesn't mean they weren't there. Funny how the MSM works ain't it ??http://www.redstate.com/diary/mvespa/2013/09/09/republicans-have-introduced-alternatives-to-obamacare-for-years/

whatukno
08-30-2015, 06:07 PM
When you were younger? Like a zygote you mean? You're like 12.

Aww, I disagree with you and make fun of your right wing bullshit, so I must be 12. Shit, I know 12 year old's that have it more together than conservatives.

For your information, not that you need to know, I'm 40. I live on my own, pay my bills, pay my taxes, and don't take any welfare of any kind. Not that I haven't needed food stamps in the past, and I'm grateful that that program was there when I needed it. But I have a decent job, now and don't need food stamps to make it. But I'm still liberal, and still think that liberal policies are the right idea instead of the conservative policy of "SCREW YOU ALL!"

That's what the Conservative agenda is, "SCREW YOU ALL!" They have theirs, screw you, get your own, with no help like they got.

whatukno
08-30-2015, 06:08 PM
The fool calls for coverage with zero thought to cost.

Fool- you know who you are.

No the fool calls for war with zero thought to cost. Wars cost more than it does to take care of your own.

whatukno
08-30-2015, 06:10 PM
The Repubs have offered alternatives from the get go and even before. Just because your sources ignore them doesn't mean they weren't there. Funny how the MSM works ain't it ??http://www.redstate.com/diary/mvespa/2013/09/09/republicans-have-introduced-alternatives-to-obamacare-for-years/

Yeah, their idea of healthcare reform was if you get sick pay for it yourself or die, if you can't pay for health insurance, just die.

Mister D
08-30-2015, 06:18 PM
No the fool calls for war with zero thought to cost. Wars cost more than it does to take care of your own.

You're kidding, right?

hanger4
08-30-2015, 06:45 PM
Yeah, their idea of healthcare reform was if you get sick pay for it yourself or die, if you can't pay for health insurance, just die.

Like I said just because you ignore them, the alternatives, doesn't mean they aren't there.

Captain Obvious
08-30-2015, 06:53 PM

The concept that people die because they don't have insurance is well overblown.

Google EMTALA then talk to me.

Archer0915
08-30-2015, 07:01 PM

Bullshit! I am not eligible and I would like to have a discount. NO! I get an exemption instead.

Wanna go over this again?

whatukno
08-30-2015, 07:24 PM
You're kidding, right?
What? Your ilk wants to spend trillions of dollars, fighting foreign wars that have nothing to do with us. Wants to spend hundreds of billions more deporting human beings and natural born American citizens, based ONLY on the language the speak. and won't lift a damn FINGER or spend a dime to help Americans here at home. How fucked up is that rationale, in fact, you fight against spending ANY money helping Americans, but will vote to bomb other countries?

whatukno
08-30-2015, 07:25 PM
Like I said just because you ignore them, the alternatives, doesn't mean they aren't there.

Your alternative isn't very good.

whatukno
08-30-2015, 07:29 PM
Bullshit! I am not eligible and I would like to have a discount. NO! I get an exemption instead.

Wanna go over this again?

Bitching about not getting a discount, when you are getting a discount?

"Dis werd mens da same, but dat's not da werd ima expectin, gubermint sux!"

:slap:

JDubya
08-30-2015, 07:38 PM

What? Your ilk wants to spend trillions of dollars, fighting foreign wars that have nothing to do with us. Wants to spend hundreds of billions more deporting human beings and natural born American citizens, based ONLY on the language the speak. and won't lift a $#@! FINGER or spend a dime to help Americans here at home. How $#@!ed up is that rationale, in fact, you fight against spending ANY money helping Americans, but will vote to bomb other countries?

Funny how these guys don't utter a peep about the trillions wasted invading Iraq, but suggest a few paltry billion to keep their fellow Americans healthy and strong, you'd think somebody suggested surrendering control of the government to Russia or China.

You'd think somebody suggested the possibility of pissing on their shoe.

Fk'd up priorities for sure.

JDubya
08-30-2015, 07:43 PM
The concept that people die because they don't have insurance is well overblown.

Google EMTALA then talk to me.

EMTALA is next to nothing. It only requires ERs to stabilize and get you out of immediate danger of death. No follow up treatment or therapy of any kind is required.

Plus....

The Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) is a federal law that requires anyone coming to an emergency department to be stabilized and treated, regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay, but since its enactment in 1986 has remained an unfunded mandate.
The burden of uncompensated care is growing, closing many emergency departments, decreasing resources for everyone and threatening the ability of emergency departments to care for all patients.

http://www.acep.org/News-Media-top-banner/EMTALA/

whatukno
08-30-2015, 07:44 PM
Funny how these guys don't utter a peep about the trillions wasted invading Iraq, but suggest a few paltry billion to keep their fellow Americans healthy and strong, you'd think somebody suggested surrendering control of the government to Russia or China.

Right?

Shouldn't our tax dollars go to our people first, before going to the enemy? We have infrastructure that needs to be taken care of, sick people in need of medical care, homeless people in need of some hope, but nope, screw all of them, let's bomb Iran.

Green Arrow
08-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Americans are able to get health care, genuine legitimate health care

Some Americans, anyway. Some of us still can't. That's the most central flaw of Obamacare: Congress and President Obama had a chance to pass single-payer, which provides health insurance for ALL Americans, and instead they elected to choose the biggest handout to insurance companies ever and not insure all Americans.

I know why they chose the ACA over single-payer. It's because they were being paid more money by the insurance companies than they were the people of America.

whatukno
08-30-2015, 07:47 PM
Some Americans, anyway. Some of us still can't. That's the most central flaw of Obamacare: Congress and President Obama had a chance to pass single-payer, which provides health insurance for ALL Americans, and instead they elected to choose the biggest handout to insurance companies ever and not insure all Americans.

I know why they chose the ACA over single-payer. It's because they were being paid more money by the insurance companies than they were the people of America.

The single payer option was nixed by the republicans at the meeting table with Republicans! That was the compromise!

JDubya
08-30-2015, 07:48 PM

The GOP alternative is non-existent.

Not one of these guys will explain in any detail how one of these so-called alternatives works or what it's based on.

They also conveniently ignore the fact that before it was called "Obamacare", Obamacare WAS the Republican alternative....

to "Hillarycare".

whatukno
08-30-2015, 07:50 PM

Not one of these guys will explain in any detail how one of these so-called alternatives works or what it's based on.

They also conveniently ignore the fact that before it was called "Obamacare", Obamacare WAS the Republican alternative....

to "Hillarycare".

Yes, it was Romneycare redux. Everyone that isn't glued to FOX News and told what to think knows that.

Republicans have an alternative, Don't get sick, and if you do, die quickly. That is the GOP healthcare plan.

Green Arrow
08-30-2015, 07:54 PM
The single payer option was nixed by the republicans at the meeting table with Republicans! That was the compromise!

Actually, it was nixed by Pelosi after the voting was done. She promised skeptical members like Rep. Kucinich that his single-payer amendment would stay in if he voted for the bill, and then after he voted on the bill she stripped it. She's getting that phat paycheck from the same people that pay off members of the GOP.

Mister D
08-30-2015, 07:56 PM
What? Your ilk wants to spend trillions of dollars, fighting foreign wars that have nothing to do with us. Wants to spend hundreds of billions more deporting human beings and natural born American citizens, based ONLY on the language the speak. and won't lift a $#@! FINGER or spend a dime to help Americans here at home. How $#@!ed up is that rationale, in fact, you fight against spending ANY money helping Americans, but will vote to bomb other countries?

Who is my ilk? Not sure who you're talking about. I doubt you do either. Anyway, if you think the entitlement system costs less than wars you're delusional.

Mister D
08-30-2015, 07:56 PM

Those guys are totally fucked up. Who? lol

whatukno
08-30-2015, 08:01 PM
Who is my ilk? Not sure who you're talking about. I doubt you do either. Anyway, if you think the entitlement system costs less than wars you're delusional.

Morons, idiots, dullards, trolls, simpletons, dipshits, take your pick.

Mister D
08-30-2015, 08:04 PM
Morons, idiots, dullards, trolls, simpletons, dipshits, take your pick.

Didn't think you had anything left in your tank. :laugh:

Captain Obvious
08-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Didn't think you had anything left in your tank. :laugh:

Sounds like the final fireworks finale to me actually.

hanger4
08-30-2015, 08:18 PM

Not one of these guys will explain in any detail how one of these so-called alternatives works or what it's based on..

This has already been debunked;

http://www.redstate.com/diary/mvespa/2013/09/09/republicans-have-introduced-alternatives-to-obamacare-for-years/

Even whatukno affirms with his statement;

He knows now there are alternatives, he just doesn't like them.

whatukno
08-30-2015, 08:30 PM
He knows now there are alternatives, he just doesn't like them.

Because they are terrible!

Green Arrow
08-30-2015, 08:35 PM
Because they are terrible!

Based on what, exactly?

hanger4
08-30-2015, 09:05 PM
Because they are terrible!Fine, they're terrible, but there are alternatives. So stop with the leftist memes.

JDubya
08-30-2015, 11:27 PM
Fine, they're terrible, but there are alternatives. So stop with the leftist memes.

They are non-serious BS plans put together for show with no real intention of ever passing them into law.

Anyone who's paying attention can see that health care is a non-issue to Republicans. They never even talk about it because they couldn't care less about it. Why should they? They and those who fund their campaigns have plenty of access to it. They don't worry about the working class members of their base who might not have access to insurance because they know they've got those people brainwashed on social issues like immigration, abortion, gay marriage, welfare, etc, etc.

They are totally and 100% out for themselves and their wealthy contributors.

Green Arrow
08-30-2015, 11:55 PM
They are non-serious BS plans put together for show with no real intention of ever passing them into law.

Okay. Like what? Name their "non-serious BS plans" and explain how they are non-serious BS plans.

They are totally and 100% out for themselves and their wealthy contributors.

So are the Democrats.

hanger4
08-31-2015, 05:13 AM
Okay. Like what? Name their "non-serious BS plans" and explain how they are non-serious BS plans.

Good luck with that.

Peter1469
08-31-2015, 05:35 AM

Actually that isn't true, but it is off topic.

whatukno
08-31-2015, 06:40 AM

Ok from hanger4's link:

http://www.redstate.com/diary/mvespa/2013/09/09/republicans-have-introduced-alternatives-to-obamacare-for-years/

1:Ten Steps to Transform Health Care in America Act (http://www.enzi.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/10-steps-to-transform-health-care?p=10StepstoTransformHealthCare)

Tax Cuts

2:Every American Insured Health Act (http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/pressreleases?ContentRecord_id=044cf2d2-802a-23ad-4edb-ca1777cebe6d&ContentType_id=d741b7a7-7863-4223-9904-8cb9378aa03a&Group_id=7a55cb96-4639-4dac-8c0c-99a4a227bd3a)

Link broken, so, absolutely no plan whatsoever

3: Healthy Americans Act (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthy_Americans_Act)

Tax Cuts

4: Patients’ Choice Act of 2009 (http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?a=Files.Serve&File_id=d2f94455-368c-45b5-8d56-fc195a833884)

Link broken, so, absolutely no plan whatsever

5: Empowering Patients First Act (http://tomprice.house.gov/sites/tomprice.house.gov/files/HR%202300%20Section%20by%20Section.pdf)

Guess, what? TAX CUTS AGAIN!

Tax cuts aren't health insurance reform, tax cuts aren't universal health care, tax cuts are tax cuts.

hanger4
08-31-2015, 07:59 AM
Ok from hanger4's link: http://www.redstate.com/diary/mvespa/2013/09/09/republicans-have-introduced-alternatives-to-obamacare-for-years/1:Ten Steps to Transform Health Care in America Act (http://www.enzi.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/10-steps-to-transform-health-care?p=10StepstoTransformHealthCare)Tax Cuts2:Every American Insured Health Act (http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/pressreleases?ContentRecord_id=044cf2d2-802a-23ad-4edb-ca1777cebe6d&ContentType_id=d741b7a7-7863-4223-9904-8cb9378aa03a&Group_id=7a55cb96-4639-4dac-8c0c-99a4a227bd3a)Link broken, so, absolutely no plan whatsoever3: Healthy Americans Act (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthy_Americans_Act)Tax Cuts4: Patients’ Choice Act of 2009 (http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?a=Files.Serve&File_id=d2f94455-368c-45b5-8d56-fc195a833884)Link broken, so, absolutely no plan whatsever5: Empowering Patients First Act (http://tomprice.house.gov/sites/tomprice.house.gov/files/HR%202300%20Section%20by%20Section.pdf)Guess, what? TAX CUTS AGAIN!Tax cuts aren't health insurance reform, tax cuts aren't universal health care, tax cuts are tax cuts.If you believe those plans are no more than tax cuts then your reading comprehension is woefully lacking or you're BSing the forum.

Archer0915
08-31-2015, 10:04 AM
$#@!ing about not getting a discount, when you are getting a discount?

"Dis werd mens da same, but dat's not da werd ima expectin, gubermint sux!"

:slap:

No. I am not eligible for ACA because of the insurance my wife carries. I also have a son with a disability keeping one of us at home.

I am ineligible for ACA and we can not afford the 700 a month it would take to get me on hers.

So do I get help? Oh hell no! I am on my own and if I need medical care? We pay for it. Yeah I get an exemption... Not insurance.

So I pay at the office while others pay a co-pay, if that, on our dime.

Fuck socialism. Fuck Obama, Fuck the ACA and Fuck this version of America.

whatukno
08-31-2015, 12:13 PM
If you believe those plans are no more than tax cuts then your reading comprehension is woefully lacking or you're BSing the forum.

No really, that's all they boil down to, tax cuts, tax credits. They aren't really health insurance alternatives because you still have to buy health insurance from a private company if you want health insurance.

Tax cuts aren't health insurance, it's just tax cuts.

JDubya
08-31-2015, 12:57 PM

Good luck with that.

You mean like the luck I had getting you to give a coherent description of these supposed alternative plans?

Because so far, we've had zero luck with that.

Except for what we've gotten out of whatukno which is as accurate a description as one needs.

JDubya
08-31-2015, 01:00 PM
No really, that's all they boil down to, tax cuts, tax credits. They aren't really health insurance alternatives because you still have to buy health insurance from a private company if you want health insurance.

Tax cuts aren't health insurance, it's just tax cuts.

That's the Republican answer to everything.

Tax cuts.

Can't afford food? Here's a tax cut.

Can't afford health care? Here's a tax cut.

Got terminal cancer? Here's a tax cut.

Simple minded? Vote Republican.

whatukno
08-31-2015, 02:27 PM
That's the Republican answer to everything.

Tax cuts.

Can't afford food? Here's a tax cut.

Can't afford health care? Here's a tax cut.

Got terminal cancer? Here's a tax cut.

Simple minded? Vote Republican.

Then, when they do get some sort of tax cut plan through, they bitch about the deficit and the debt.

Peter1469
08-31-2015, 03:11 PM
lol

hanger4
08-31-2015, 04:36 PM
No really, that's all they boil down to, tax cuts, tax credits. They aren't really health insurance alternatives because you still have to buy health insurance from a private company if you want health insurance. Tax cuts aren't health insurance, it's just tax cuts.
That's the Republican answer to everything.Tax cuts.Can't afford food? Here's a tax cut.Can't afford health care? Here's a tax cut.Got terminal cancer? Here's a tax cut. Simple minded? Vote Republican.I expected no less of you two. Neither of you read the plans or you don't understand what you read. Of the 5 plans at the link there are 46 major points and 35 of those points have nothing to do with taxes.

whatukno
08-31-2015, 06:39 PM
I expected no less of you two. Neither of you read the plans or you don't understand what you read. Of the 5 plans at the link there are 46 major points and 35 of those points have nothing to do with taxes.

You're right, the other 35 points is just blowing smoke up the voter's asses.

hanger4
08-31-2015, 06:45 PM
You're right, the other 35 points is just blowing smoke up the voter's asses.

You're right, those plans are sounding more and more like the ACA. Blowing smoke and all taxes. LOL

Green Arrow
08-31-2015, 07:03 PM
Ok from hanger4's link:

1:[/URL]Ten Steps to Transform Health Care in America Act (http://www.enzi.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/10-steps-to-transform-health-care?p=10StepstoTransformHealthCare)

Tax Cuts

Tax cuts were just the first of his ten "steps," want to address the other nine?

2:Every American Insured Health Act (http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/pressreleases?ContentRecord_id=044cf2d2-802a-23ad-4edb-ca1777cebe6d&ContentType_id=d741b7a7-7863-4223-9904-8cb9378aa03a&Group_id=7a55cb96-4639-4dac-8c0c-99a4a227bd3a)

Link broken, so, absolutely no plan whatsoever

Actually, it just means the link is broken. The plan exists, you just have to do a little work to find it. I mean, all I did was type "every American insured health act" into Google and the first link was to GovTrack, a reliable website that tracks bills going through Congress. Here is the text of the bill. (https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/s1886/text) I'm ready to discuss it when you are.

3: Healthy Americans Act (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthy_Americans_Act)

Tax Cuts

Actually, the Healthy Americans Act would have effectively established a system of universal healthcare and had Democratic Senator Ron Wyden backing it just as much as his Republican colleagues. I mean, seriously, did you even READ about the bill?

4: Patients’ Choice Act of 2009 (http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?a=Files.Serve&File_id=d2f94455-368c-45b5-8d56-fc195a833884)

Link broken, so, absolutely no plan whatsever

As with before, a simple Google search will turn up the bill in like two seconds. You're starting to exhibit a pattern of intellectual laziness. Here is the text of the bill. (https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/hr2520/text) I'm ready to discuss it when you are.

5: [URL="http://tomprice.house.gov/sites/tomprice.house.gov/files/HR 2300 Section by Section.pdf"]Empowering Patients First Act (http://tomprice.house.gov/sites/tomprice.house.gov/files/HR 2300 Section by Section.pdf)

Guess, what? TAX CUTS AGAIN!

And again...as with before...tax cuts are only a small part of the EPFA. Wiki summarizes it as: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empowering_Patients_First_Act) Major provisions of the Act include tax deductions and credits to aid in the purchasing of health insurance, the promotion of state-based high-risk insurance pools, the creation of individual and small employer membership associations and association health plans, allowing for interstate insurance markets, a reform of malpractice lawsuits, and loan and loan repayment programs.

Tax cuts aren't health insurance reform, tax cuts aren't universal health care, tax cuts are tax cuts.

And there's a lot more to those plans than tax cuts. I'm ready to discuss the other aspects of those bills when you are.

JDubya
08-31-2015, 08:21 PM
Tax cuts were just the first of his ten "steps," want to address the other nine?

Actually, it just means the link is broken. The plan exists, you just have to do a little work to find it. I mean, all I did was type "every American insured health act" into Google and the first link was to GovTrack, a reliable website that tracks bills going through Congress. Here is the text of the bill. (https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/s1886/text) I'm ready to discuss it when you are.

Actually, the Healthy Americans Act would have effectively established a system of universal healthcare and had Democratic Senator Ron Wyden backing it just as much as his Republican colleagues. I mean, seriously, did you even READ about the bill?

As with before, a simple Google search will turn up the bill in like two seconds. You're starting to exhibit a pattern of intellectual laziness. Here is the text of the bill. (https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/hr2520/text) I'm ready to discuss it when you are.

And again...as with before...tax cuts are only a small part of the EPFA. Wiki summarizes it as: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empowering_Patients_First_Act) Major provisions of the Act include tax deductions and credits to aid in the purchasing of health insurance, the promotion of state-based high-risk insurance pools, the creation of individual and small employer membership associations and association health plans, allowing for interstate insurance markets, a reform of malpractice lawsuits, and loan and loan repayment programs.

And there's a lot more to those plans than tax cuts. I'm ready to discuss the other aspects of those bills when you are.

Sounds like typical Republican band aid solutions on health care. Tinker around the edges without really doing anything, then pat themselves on the back in congratulations or claim they tried.

Green Arrow
08-31-2015, 08:24 PM
Sounds like typical Republican band aid solutions on health care. Tinker around the edges without really doing anything, then pat themselves on the back in congratulations or claim they tried.

What, specifically, in those plans "sounds like typical Republican band aid solutions on health care"?