PDA

View Full Version : Toss your hat into the POTUS ring

Captain Obvious
08-30-2015, 05:51 PM
If you decided to announce your candidacy for POTUS as roughly 300 random people recently did, what would your platform be and what party would you run under?

I'll start off.

I'll run as a GOP since the party desperately needs a true conservative although my ideology is probably more aligned with Libertarian, but then again these monkeys on the GOP ticket are probably less conservative than me in a lot of respects.

1) Economy: Increase wealth (not income) taxes for the wealthy, not too much, gradual as to not disrupt the system too much. DECREASE taxes substantially on the middle class. DECREASE spending but you don't cut your way to prosperity. Focus on infrastructure, manufacturing, cut back on defense and strategize foreign affairs to match this restructured budget. Eliminate funding states pork projects, push taxing back to the states and keep the federal budget to a minimum.

2) Immigration: Reform laws to allow for legal immigration providing an amnesty program that allows illegals a pathway to citizenship if they can prove that they are productive (jobs) and not criminals (no criminal background). Alter birthright citizenship to the birth of two parent citizens.

3) Abortion: No stance, just like my online persona other than being staunchly anti-abortion, I have no desire to alter the laws at this point. Mostly because it's not a critical issue in our society that would benefit the greater good at this point.

4) Foreign military affairs: Get out of most things and only intervene via coalition efforts. No more world police man, however I would promote an active coalition cause against radical Islam and other threatening regimes like Russia and possibly China and North Korea. I would gladly go to the table with Iran and negotiate a fair nuclear deal that benefits all involved with the understanding that they cease funding anti-Israel campaigns while negotiating a two-state arrangement with Israel and Palestine. Piece of cake, I know but the point would be not selling the farm to Iran like teh O'bama and Herman Munster are trying to do. Opening up dialogue with Central America is also key, there is no reason Central America shouldn't be much like Canada from a partnership respect.

5) Trade: Empowering the middle class and the underclass by providing fair opportunities to produce (and earn) would be the key, offset by fair trade deals that neither over-price imports while promoting those areas that the US can export economically like energy (gas) and agriculture. We need to regain our status in the technology world where our lunch is slowly being eaten away under our noses. The middle class also needs a "standard of living correction" both ways, first downward to bring it up to speed with reality then upward with a shift from consumption from the wealthy class to the middle class where it's been the reverse for a few generations now. This is done through fair taxation first then opportunity second. Bringing the underclass up to speed is key also, this is done through investments in education and training and by eliminating dependency on a bloated federal government for handouts.

6) Misc: Education - eliminate the university culture, make it truly competitive. Eliminate tenure causing professors and administration staff to worry about doing a good job. Reform the college sports scam, regulate revenues so more of those revenues go toward kids educations and not towards progressive personal agendas. Entitlements - make welfare a last resort option and like Maine, create a system where recipients would have to some degree earn those benefits while providing them opportunities to ween off of support. Push these regulations to the state level, let states compete for this expense management. Drastically reduce federal government, push entitlements down to the state level. Make SCOTUS a nationally elected position. Eliminate campaign contributions, set term limits.

Would you vote for me?

Green Arrow
08-30-2015, 07:18 PM
Hell, you'd be leaps and bounds better than what we have, so I'd vote for you purely based on that.

The Xl
08-30-2015, 07:22 PM
I'd run independent or libertarian.

1. Economy

- End the practice of federal reserve banking, banks would only be allowed to actually lend money they have as opposed to being able to create it out of loans. I'd end the Fed and their practice of "borrowing" their own money out of debt. Congress controls the volume of money in circulation, in order to keep a stable rate to prevent inflation or deflation, money would be created or destroyed when things started to get out of hand. If our economy was expanding and more credit was needed, money would be created and spend into existence by the government through infrastructure projects or the like. If there was too much money in circulation, some of the money that was taxed would just be removed from the existing money supply.

- All forms of corporate subsidization and unfair tax loopholes would be done away with. No loopholes or subsidies for anyone, everyone plays by the same rules. Don't know the number off the dome right now, but taxes would be low.

- Military spending would be reduced. Contrary to what some may gather from my posts, I believe in a very strong military, as it ensures freedom and prosperity, what I don't advocate is spending on useless projects that only serve to subsidize the military industrial complex, and I certainly don't believe in our wars or imperialistic endeavors. Although spending would be reduced by a fairly significant margin, a large amount of money would still go towards it, for purposes of actual defense.

- Welfare and things of that nature would still exist for the time being, but the screening process would be much heavier to ensure only those who actually need it qualify.

- Taxes for every class would be reduced, but the loopholes the super rich employ would be done away with.

2. Immigration

- All violent felons would be deported immediately

- Automatic citizenship for non felons who were brought here against their will at a young age

- Permanent legal status with no chance for citizenship for those who came here of their own volition

- Border secured with military and some sort of fence to ensure we don't run into these issues in the future.

3. Abortion

I'm not a fan of it, but it's a very touchy situation where both sides of the argument make valid points. I would outlaw late term abortions where child is formed or near formed, but that is all.

4. Foreign Military Affairs

The military would only be used for defense, period. Any imperialistic endeavor or war would be ended immediately. Any confirmed, unprompted attack would be responded to swiftly and very powerfully, fast and without any nation building. Money would be used to sure up a strong military, but said military would be defensively used, not offensively. I'd invest in defensive technology like anti nuke jammers. I'd want to be on the cutting edge of stuff like that.

5. Trade

As a non interventionist, I welcome trade and relations with all willing, friendly countries around the world. As far as potentially unfair trade agreements go, I'm unsure as of now on what I'd do about that.

6. Education

I'd do away with guaranteed college loans, as they're a scam that was concocted to get bankers and big colleges filthy rich. By getting rid of those loans, the price of college would fall dramatically. I think education nowadays is cookie cutter and outdated, I don't think taking a bunch of classes that you have no interest in for 12+ years is necessary or even productive, I'd like to see public schools employ more kinds of classes, diverse kinds of classes, that prepare kids for an actual career.

Green Arrow
08-30-2015, 07:25 PM
I would probably run as an Independent, but if I had to choose a party, it would be the Democrats. I'd have a better chance at winning as a member of the Democratic or Republican parties, and my left-wing views probably kill my chances of running as a Republican, even if at the very least an equal number of my views are somewhat conservative.

Anyway, I'll get to the platform later.

donttread
08-31-2015, 06:02 AM
If you decided to announce your candidacy for POTUS as roughly 300 random people recently did, what would your platform be and what party would you run under?

I'll start off.

I'll run as a GOP since the party desperately needs a true conservative although my ideology is probably more aligned with Libertarian, but then again these monkeys on the GOP ticket are probably less conservative than me in a lot of respects.

1) Economy: Increase wealth (not income) taxes for the wealthy, not too much, gradual as to not disrupt the system too much. DECREASE taxes substantially on the middle class. DECREASE spending but you don't cut your way to prosperity. Focus on infrastructure, manufacturing, cut back on defense and strategize foreign affairs to match this restructured budget. Eliminate funding states pork projects, push taxing back to the states and keep the federal budget to a minimum.

2) Immigration: Reform laws to allow for legal immigration providing an amnesty program that allows illegals a pathway to citizenship if they can prove that they are productive (jobs) and not criminals (no criminal background). Alter birthright citizenship to the birth of two parent citizens.

3) Abortion: No stance, just like my online persona other than being staunchly anti-abortion, I have no desire to alter the laws at this point. Mostly because it's not a critical issue in our society that would benefit the greater good at this point.

4) Foreign military affairs: Get out of most things and only intervene via coalition efforts. No more world police man, however I would promote an active coalition cause against radical Islam and other threatening regimes like Russia and possibly China and North Korea. I would gladly go to the table with Iran and negotiate a fair nuclear deal that benefits all involved with the understanding that they cease funding anti-Israel campaigns while negotiating a two-state arrangement with Israel and Palestine. Piece of cake, I know but the point would be not selling the farm to Iran like teh O'bama and Herman Munster are trying to do. Opening up dialogue with Central America is also key, there is no reason Central America shouldn't be much like Canada from a partnership respect.

5) Trade: Empowering the middle class and the underclass by providing fair opportunities to produce (and earn) would be the key, offset by fair trade deals that neither over-price imports while promoting those areas that the US can export economically like energy (gas) and agriculture. We need to regain our status in the technology world where our lunch is slowly being eaten away under our noses. The middle class also needs a "standard of living correction" both ways, first downward to bring it up to speed with reality then upward with a shift from consumption from the wealthy class to the middle class where it's been the reverse for a few generations now. This is done through fair taxation first then opportunity second. Bringing the underclass up to speed is key also, this is done through investments in education and training and by eliminating dependency on a bloated federal government for handouts.

6) Misc: Education - eliminate the university culture, make it truly competitive. Eliminate tenure causing professors and administration staff to worry about doing a good job. Reform the college sports scam, regulate revenues so more of those revenues go toward kids educations and not towards progressive personal agendas. Entitlements - make welfare a last resort option and like Maine, create a system where recipients would have to some degree earn those benefits while providing them opportunities to ween off of support. Push these regulations to the state level, let states compete for this expense management. Drastically reduce federal government, push entitlements down to the state level. Make SCOTUS a nationally elected position. Eliminate campaign contributions, set term limits.

Would you vote for me?

Foreign policy. Bring the troops home, bring diplomats home from hostile regions, phase put both imports and exports of oil end foreign military aid.

Domestic. Kill the megacorps are they destroy free markets, encourage local staple economies, replace the control code with a consumption tax. Cut all government spending ten percent a year until the budget is balanced and then return the federal government to it's Constitutional limitations

nathanbforrest45
08-31-2015, 08:50 AM
Objectivist Party.

No income tax period. No troops on foreign soils. I would promote complete open market capitalism. The role of the federal government should be to enhance the ability of free traders to conduct business as they see fit.

texan
08-31-2015, 10:19 AM
Captain Obvious is a war Monger and hates black people.

Just making you feel at home.