PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore’s Marxist Narrative of American History, Refuted

Mark III
08-30-2015, 06:51 PM
https://youtu.be/lGYFRzf2Xww

I am just going to post the link to this. The material speaks for itself.

http://faithandheritage.com/2015/08/michael-moores-marxist-narrative-of-american-history-refuted/

Mark III
08-30-2015, 06:54 PM
African servitude in America didn’t come without reward for the slaves. They worked the fields seasonally, as is typical of all agrarian workers, and had all Sabbaths off. The rest of the time they were allowed to hire themselves out to neighbors for odd jobs to earn money and build their own estates.22 (http://faithandheritage.com/2015/08/michael-moores-marxist-narrative-of-american-history-refuted/#fn-8876-22) The Black slaves of the South were better off by every standard of measure than any Black population on earth, and even better off than the White wage-earning populations in America and Europe.23 (http://faithandheritage.com/2015/08/michael-moores-marxist-narrative-of-american-history-refuted/#fn-8876-23)
And it wasn’t White fear or oppression that inspired the slave revolt. The slaves attacked the Whites because they were still “half-savage blacks . . . some of whom could still remember the taste of human flesh and the bulk of them hardly three generations removed from cannibalism.”

http://faithandheritage.com/2015/08/michael-moores-marxist-narrative-of-american-history-refuted/

Captain Obvious
08-30-2015, 06:58 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/95/95fd4f3f59b94fd9bce66b8405a1c4e267c0ffc7f2aec771a4 f6e1e77b08885b.jpg

Mark III
08-30-2015, 07:10 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/95/95fd4f3f59b94fd9bce66b8405a1c4e267c0ffc7f2aec771a4 f6e1e77b08885b.jpg

I take it you are incapable of commenting on the article.

Captain Obvious
08-30-2015, 07:13 PM
I take it you are incapable of commenting on the article.

Just did.

You're welcome.

Mister D
08-30-2015, 07:18 PM
Not sure what the point of this thread is. Mark, do you have any idea?

Mark III
08-30-2015, 07:33 PM
Not sure what the point of this thread is. Mark, do you have any idea?

Revisionist history.

Mister D
08-30-2015, 07:35 PM
Revisionist history.

Wow well thanks, Mark.

Mark III
08-30-2015, 07:43 PM
Wow well thanks, Mark.

Maybe someone with intelligence will stumble onto this thread. I'll keep hoping for a while.

Mister D
08-30-2015, 07:44 PM
Maybe someone with intelligence will stumble onto this thread. I'll keep hoping for a while.

Mark, this is such a meaningful thread I think it will scare even the smart folks.

Mark III
08-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Mark, this is such a meaningful thread I think it will scare even the smart folks.

If you are through boring me to death, I will go do something else.

Captain Obvious
08-30-2015, 07:52 PM

Have fun

Mister D
08-30-2015, 07:53 PM

You seem to be staying here, Mark. I'll keep you company. So what did you do? Type in "revisionist history" in your search bar and this came up?

whatukno
08-30-2015, 07:58 PM

You conservatives are going to make me do this aren't you?

*sigh*

FINE! But you all owe me one for this:

The biggest flaw in this cartoon is that the NRA was not established because the KKK was categorized a terrorist group, in fact the NRA was established far before the KKK was deemed a terrorist organization by quite a few years.

Most freed slaves wanted nothing to do with their former masters, however, there were a few that kept working for their former slave owners not out of obligation, but because the were actually treated well and paid, (not a lot of them mind you, but a few)

Colonists didn't just drop off the boat and start blindly shooting native Americans, they were too busy giving them diseases they had no immunity for.

Yes people in gated communities are that scared shitless about everything, and that's why they vote republican and own guns, because they are complete and total cowards to the point they have to live in a walled off community to avoid all the people the piss off out on the street /sarcasm.

Sometimes Moore pisses ME off.

Captain Obvious
08-30-2015, 08:00 PM

*sigh*

The biggest flaw in this cartoon is that the NRA was not established because the KKK was categorized a terrorist group, in fact the NRA was established far before the KKK was deemed a terrorist organization by quite a few years.

Most freed slaves wanted nothing to do with their former masters, however, there were a few that kept working for their former slave owners not out of obligation, but because the were actually treated well and paid, (not a lot of them mind you, but a few)

Colonists didn't just drop off the boat and start blindly shooting native Americans, they were too busy giving them diseases they had no immunity for.

Yes people in gated communities are that scared shitless about everything, and that's why they vote republican and own guns, because they are complete and total cowards to the point they have to live in a walled off community to avoid all the people the piss off out on the street /sarcasm.

Bartender! I'll have what the rambling liberal lunatic wannabee is having.

Mark III
08-30-2015, 08:01 PM

*sigh*

Yes people in gated communities are that scared $#@!less about everything, and that's why they vote republican and own guns, because they are complete and total cowards to the point they have to live in a walled off community to avoid all the people the piss off out on the street /sarcasm.

Did you read the companion article, or just watch the cartoon ?

whatukno
08-30-2015, 08:03 PM
Did you read the companion article, or just watch the cartoon ?

I skipped the article, but I've seen the bs cartoon before.

Mark III
08-30-2015, 08:04 PM
I skipped the article, but I've seen the bs cartoon before.

If you skipped the article, you can't really discuss the thread. They go together.

Mister D
08-30-2015, 08:08 PM
If you skipped the article, you can't really discuss the thread. They go together.

He's not the intellectual that you are, Mark.
@whatukno (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1722) try these lines:

"You're a racist!"

"Too much racism on this forum."

"This forum seems to tolerate a lot of bigotry and racism"

"We have a lot racist members"

Repeat those until you can just bust them out on a whim. You'll sound like the smartest man ever.

Captain Obvious
08-30-2015, 08:09 PM

"You're a racist!"

Repeat those and until you can just bust them out on a whim. You'll sound like the smartest man ever.

Add:

"still waiting for an intelligent reply"

"I thought there were smart people here"

And it's a wrap.

whatukno
08-30-2015, 08:10 PM

Sure the puritans tried to convert the native Americans, and there was strife, both because of the conversion, and because the puritans unleashed a plague on the native Americans that they weren't ready for!

whatukno
08-30-2015, 08:11 PM

"You're a racist!"

Repeat those until you can just bust them out on a whim. You'll sound like the smartest man ever.

Sigh, the only reason you are called these things is because you are these things. It's okay, I hate you just the same.

Mister D
08-30-2015, 08:12 PM
This is a real meeting of the minds. I may actually watch this unfold.

Captain Obvious
08-30-2015, 08:12 PM
This is a real meeting of the minds. I may actually watch this unfold.

Subscribed?

Mister D
08-30-2015, 08:14 PM
Subscribed?

Yeah, this might be better than Buckley/Vidal.

Green Arrow
08-30-2015, 08:15 PM
Yeah, this might be better than Buckley/Vidal.

Buckley and Vidal were actually intelligent.

Green Arrow
08-30-2015, 08:16 PM
Sigh, the only reason you are called these things is because you are these things. It's okay, I hate you just the same.

Disgusting.

Mister D
08-30-2015, 08:17 PM
Disgusting.

I can't take this guy seriously though.

Mark III
08-30-2015, 08:25 PM
Blabbering blabbering blabbering. Diarrhea of the mouth appears to be the sole work product of The Politics Forums.

Mister D
08-30-2015, 08:27 PM
Blabbering blabbering blabbering. Diarrhea of the mouth appears to be the sole work product of The Politics Forums.

I haven't been there in a while but I haven't heard good things.

So instead of the article and video speaking for themselves why don't you opine?

Green Arrow
08-30-2015, 08:29 PM

Well, I won't disagree with you there, The Politics Forums is a scary place. It's very Stormfront-lite. I'd recommend sticking with this forum over the other, this is a liberal haven in comparison.

Captain Obvious
08-30-2015, 08:29 PM
I haven't been there in a while but I haven't heard good things.

So instead of the article and video speaking for themselves why don't you opine?

He's too smart for you.

Clearly that last post should be obvious.

Mister D
08-30-2015, 08:30 PM
So Mark III do you like Moore? Not like Moore? Do you agree with this critique of Moore's piece? Where do you fall here?

Captain Obvious
08-30-2015, 08:31 PM
Well, I won't disagree with you there, The Politics Forums is a scary place. It's very Stormfront-lite. I'd recommend sticking with this forum over the other, this is a liberal haven in comparison.

http://pad3.whstatic.com/images/thumb/6/67/Put-on-a-Cup-Step-3.jpg/670px-Put-on-a-Cup-Step-3.jpg

whatukno
08-30-2015, 08:32 PM
Disgusting.

Yes he is, but it's the way he is. Mister D has the distinction of being one of 3 people in the universe that if I found hanging himself would point, laugh, dump gasoline on and set it alight.

Green Arrow
08-30-2015, 08:36 PM
Yes he is, but it's the way he is. Mister D has the distinction of being one of 3 people in the universe that if I found hanging himself would point, laugh, dump gasoline on and set it alight.

That's because you are literally a terrible person.

Mister D
08-30-2015, 08:38 PM

lol

whatukno
08-30-2015, 08:40 PM
That's because you are literally a terrible person.

No, no, most other people I would cut the rope down, and try and give them reasons to live. Because almost everyone has redeeming qualities to them, almost everyone.

Mister D
08-30-2015, 08:42 PM
He's too smart for you.

Clearly that last post should be obvious.

Rather strange this thread is. Not sure if Mark thinks Moore history is accurate or not. I really can't seem him going a site called faith and heritage but maybe MArk is a more complex man than his earlier contributions would indicate.

Captain Obvious
08-30-2015, 08:43 PM
Rather strange this thread is. Not sure if Mark thinks Moore history is accurate or not. I really can't seem him going a site called faith and heritage but maybe MArk is a more complex man than his earlier contributions would indicate.

Is Moore even still alive?

Maybe he choked on a cheeseburger or had a massive coronary stepping out of the tub a few years back and nobody noticed.

Funny thing about faux progressives, once they make their millions you don't hear shit from them afterward.

Mister D
08-30-2015, 08:48 PM

Maybe he choked on a cheeseburger or had a massive coronary stepping out of the tub a few years back and nobody noticed.

Funny thing about faux progressives, once they make their millions you don't hear $#@! from them afterward.

I just looked him up real quick, He's 61. Apparently, he is working on a new film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_to_Invade_Next

BB-35
08-31-2015, 12:52 AM
I'm not a smart man,Jen-ny

Mr. Right
08-31-2015, 07:01 AM
Professional Pus bag.

Mr. Right
08-31-2015, 07:13 AM

Funny thing about faux progressives, once they make their millions you don't hear $#@! from them afterward.

THis particular turd crawls out from under his royal rock from time to time in order to reinforce his personal hypocrisy.

William
08-31-2015, 07:33 AM
I seen 'Bowling for Columbine', 'Sicko', 'Fahrenheit 9/11' on DVD and I thought they were wicked. :grin:

Cigar
08-31-2015, 08:14 AM
Kinda Reminds me of George Zimmerman in one way, you'd never know the guy existed until ... 1) he says something or 2) the Right brings him up. :laugh:

Mac-7
08-31-2015, 09:23 AM
Kinda Reminds me of George Zimmerman in one way, you'd never know the guy existed until ... 1) he says something or 2) the Right brings him up. :laugh:

You picked a bad time to post that lie.

There is only one current topic about Zimmerman "George Zimmerman's New Career Path - Professional Racist" and it was started by a liberal.

Private Pickle
08-31-2015, 09:26 AM

I think this is the most laughable statement here.

The libs have posted far more threads on the likes of Zimmerman, Trump, Fox News, Palin, Bush and a cadre of assorted characters than anyone else. If it wasn't for the Libs no one would know who Zimmerman was. Even the President made Zimmerman a celebrity.

Mister D
08-31-2015, 10:10 AM

The libs have posted far more threads on the likes of Zimmerman, Trump, Fox News, Palin, Bush and a cadre of assorted characters than anyone else. If it wasn't for the Libs no one would know who Zimmerman was. Even the President made Zimmerman a celebrity.

lol yeah, i was like...really?

Cigar
08-31-2015, 10:18 AM

Every time he makes a Freedom of Choice decision to say's something to The Public or gets Arrested in a Public manner ... is a Choice by him and is News because he made a Free Choice to become a celebrity ... by his own Words.

Next! :laugh:

Private Pickle
08-31-2015, 10:24 AM
Every time he makes a Freedom of Choice decision to say's something to The Public or gets Arrested in a Public manner ... is a Choice by him and is News because he made a Free Choice to become a celebrity ... by his own Words.

Next! :laugh:

And he could have been the president's son...

Next...

Chris
08-31-2015, 10:25 AM

Where did Marx enter into that?

Cigar
08-31-2015, 10:27 AM
And he could have been the president's son...

Next...

Time to deflect the subject ... :laugh: my aim is obviously getting better

Private Pickle
08-31-2015, 10:29 AM
Time to deflect the subject ... :laugh: my aim is obviously getting better

Time for you to deflect the ass kicking your getting. My aim doesn't have to be all that good for that.

Mister D
08-31-2015, 10:47 AM

been trying to get Mark to actually say something. No luck so far.

The Sage of Main Street
08-31-2015, 04:15 PM

http://faithandheritage.com/2015/08/michael-moores-marxist-narrative-of-american-history-refuted/ How is this Marxist? Out of nowhere adding one loaded term, you dishonestly make it a case for the economic supremacy of parasite investors. And Moore is as pathetic as the trailer-park Republicans. He just wants to be accepted by the spoiled Preppy snobs who despise, hate, and fear all other White people.

Captain Obvious
08-31-2015, 04:18 PM

C'mon Chris, Mark is clearly a superior intellect here, surely you can't question his judgment.

:biglaugh:

Captain Obvious
08-31-2015, 04:18 PM
been trying to get Mark to actually say something. No luck so far.

He's got the "I'm smarter than all of you dipshits" part pretty nailed down though.

Mister D
08-31-2015, 07:01 PM
How is this Marxist? Out of nowhere adding one loaded term, you dishonestly make it a case for the economic supremacy of parasite investors. And Moore is as pathetic as the trailer-park Republicans. He just wants to be accepted by the spoiled Preppy snobs who despise, hate, and fear all other White people.
Mark III see this is what happens when you abandon a thread. It's like leaving a house abandoned. Eventually, crazy people make themselves at home.

Mark III
08-31-2015, 07:53 PM
@Mark III (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1742) see this is what happens when you abandon a thread. It's like leaving a house abandoned. Eventually, crazy people make themselves at home.

You confuse me with someone who gives a fuck about morons. But I will look through the thread.

Mark III
08-31-2015, 07:55 PM

I am an ass kicker. I couldn't care less how scary you think this place is.

Mister D
08-31-2015, 07:56 PM
You confuse me with someone who gives a $#@! about morons. But I will look through the thread.

Or perhaps you thought you were doing something clever here but you're not half as clever as you think you are. :wink: So, Mark, tell us what your opinion is? Do you know yet?

Mister D
08-31-2015, 07:56 PM

lol

Mark III
08-31-2015, 07:58 PM

Hey bumfuck, no one on this sorry excuse for a thread read the seeded article. That is the topic, not your drooling over Michael Moore. The cartoon and the article go together. That is why I placed them together in the OP. No more chances for you.

Mister D
08-31-2015, 08:00 PM
Hey bum$#@!, no one on this sorry excuse for a thread read the seeded article. That is the topic, not your drooling over Michael Moore. The cartoon and the article go together. That is why I placed them together in the OP. No more chances for you.

Mark, no one is impressed with your anger. Seriously, it doesn't mask your inability to discuss your own topic and it just makes you even more incoherent.

We all thought you were an ass kicker, mark. A highly valued intellect! Disappointing so far...

Green Arrow
08-31-2015, 08:08 PM

This place is awesome. It's the other place, The Politics Forums, that is scary.

Ethereal
08-31-2015, 08:08 PM
There is some truth to Moore's narrative. Unfortunately, he fixates largely on the south and gives the north a pass.

Mister D
08-31-2015, 08:11 PM
There is some truth to Moore's narrative. Unfortunately, he fixates largely on the south and gives the north a pass.

Most if not all narratives contain some elements of truth. I'm curious to see what Mark thinks. He doesn't appear quite sure yet.

Chris
08-31-2015, 08:12 PM
The problem is no one thinks you read it, Mark. And nothing you've posted so far indicates you have.

...It may seem impolitic now after decades of Marxist social programming, but Blacks and Whites having reserved seating on public transportation actually mitigated friction and lessened violence....

...This underlying issue of “fear” is the framework upon which Mr. Moore lays his narrative. That is, he portrays our unalienable rights of self-defense, property, association, and self-determination to be psychosis. As is the prerogative of every cultural Marxist, he smears all Christian ethics by way of pathology. Make no mistake: he is inveighing not only against the White man, but against his Occidental worldview: Christianity....

...Mr. Moore clearly feels no compunction about lying in the service of that hypocrisy. But this too has long been the patent tactic of Marxism: for the Marxist, words are not a vehicle to convey truth, only to further the agenda.

So apparently Moore is not a Marxist but a cultural Marxist.

"The term "cultural Marxism" is most commonly encountered as a snarl word decrying everything right-wingers don't like, alluding to a conspiracy theory involving sinister left-wingers in the cultural and artistic spheres, including the media and academia, supposedly being engaged in a decades-long plot to undermine Western culture." @ http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism

Maybe that's what threw everyone off.

You could have explained that in the OP at least.

Ethereal
08-31-2015, 08:19 PM
From the article in the second post:

They were vagabond savages absent deed, territorial claim, or legal theory of property.

Vagabond savages? Is that newspeak for "nomadic tribal people"?

And they had a concept of property, it simply differed from the concepts of property of Europeans, though you could argue that classical liberal theories of property espoused by Locke, Jefferson, and Paine were very similar to native American conceptions of property.

Mister D
08-31-2015, 08:26 PM
The problem is no one thinks you read it, Mark. And nothing you've posted so far indicates you have.

So apparently Moore is not a Marxist but a cultural Marxist.

"The term "cultural Marxism" is most commonly encountered as a snarl word decrying everything right-wingers don't like, alluding to a conspiracy theory involving sinister left-wingers in the cultural and artistic spheres, including the media and academia, supposedly being engaged in a decades-long plot to undermine Western culture." @ http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism

Maybe that's what threw everyone off.

You could have explained that in the OP at least.

Remember when @Howey (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=387) made that story up about waiting in line behind a black woman so he could say "aha!" when all the racist comments came?

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/49162-Dear-Yasheeta

I think this was supposed to be some kind of gotcha. It wasn't as laughably transparent as Howey's but Mark's refusal to engage suggests something went wrong.

Mark III
08-31-2015, 08:28 PM
Mark, no one is impressed with your anger. Seriously, it doesn't mask your inability to discuss your own topic and it just makes you even more incoherent.

We all thought you were an ass kicker, mark. A highly valued intellect! Disappointing so far...

How many of your 56,864 comments are drivel ? I have barely seen one so far that isn't.

70 comments on this thread and not one of them addressed the seeded article. That's pathetic, even for this place.

Mister D
08-31-2015, 08:29 PM
How many of your 56,864 comments are drivel ? I have barely seen one so far that isn't.

70 comments on this thread and not one of them addressed the seeded article. That's pathetic, even for this place.

Mark, did you want to touch on your OP at all? C'mon kick some ass, you ass kicker you! :smiley:

Ethereal
08-31-2015, 08:32 PM
Moore makes the same mistake as some white nationalists, in my estimation.

He portrays whites as a monolithic cultural entity when the reality is much more complex.

The simplicity of Moore's narrative is betrayed by his simultaneous celebration and condemnation of Puritans.

On the one hand, he highlights their numerous failings and shortcomings, yet, on the other hand, he celebrates the war they were instrumental in pushing, i.e., the "civil war".

Although many people, myself included, stress the economic and political aspects of the "civil war", there was also a substantial ethnoreligious aspect to it as well.

Historian Murray Rothbard does a good job of highlighting this little known thread of American history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2ndkCvHGj4

Captain Obvious
08-31-2015, 08:39 PM
Mark, did you want to touch on your OP at all? C'mon kick some ass, you ass kicker you! :smiley:

So, is Mark a less witty magicmike ?

Mister D
08-31-2015, 08:41 PM
Moore makes the same mistake as some white nationalists, in my estimation.

He portrays whites as a monolithic cultural entity when the reality is much more complex.

The simplicity of Moore's narrative is betrayed by his simultaneous celebration and condemnation of Puritans.

On the one hand, he highlights their numerous failings and shortcomings, yet, on the other hand, he celebrates the war they were instrumental in pushing, i.e., the "civil war".

Although many people, myself included, stress the economic and political aspects of the "civil war", there was also a substantial ethnoreligious aspect to it as well.

Historian Murray Rothbard does a good job of highlighting this little known thread of American history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2ndkCvHGj4

@Mark what do you think about this?

Mister D
08-31-2015, 08:42 PM
So, is Mark a less witty @magicmike (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1687) ?

What a disappointment this guy is. Ugh...we could actually use another bright progressive.

Chris
08-31-2015, 08:43 PM
Remember when @Howey (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=387) made that story up about waiting in line behind a black woman so he could say "aha!" when all the racist comments came?

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/49162-Dear-Yasheeta

I think this was supposed to be some kind of gotcha. It wasn't as laughably transparent as Howey's but Mark's refusal to engage suggests something went wrong.

Damn, I miss all the good stuff around here. :grin:

Mister D
08-31-2015, 08:45 PM
$#@!, I miss all the good stuff around here. :grin:

Yasheeta is a good woman. :wink:

Captain Obvious
08-31-2015, 08:49 PM
What a disappointment this guy is. Ugh...we could actually use another bright progressive.

Right, then we'd have two.

:biglaugh:

Mark III
08-31-2015, 08:54 PM
@Mark what do you think about this?

The only reason that Murray Rothbard did not back a separate state for blacks (http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot.com/2010/07/murray-rothbard-lew-rockwell-and.html) was because he was afraid it would cost too much in "foreign aid".

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/exposing-the-racist-history-of-libertarianism-and-murray-rothbard-2011-10#ixzz3kRqYNtPf

Are we talking about that Murray Rothbard ? I hope you are not going to trot out utterly discredited ethno-religious nut cases as your intellectual standard bearers. It's no fun shooting down clay pigeons.

Chris
08-31-2015, 09:01 PM
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/exposing-the-racist-history-of-libertarianism-and-murray-rothbard-2011-10#ixzz3kRqYNtPf

Are we talking about that Murray Rothbard ? I hope you are not going to trot out utterly discredited ethno-religious nut cases as your intellectual standard bearers. It's no fun shooting down clay pigeons.

Wow, you pick a blog post that misinterprets not only Herrnstein and Murray's The Bell Curve but Murray Rothbard's review of it. Is that how you defend the idiotic snarl word of the OP?

Ethereal
08-31-2015, 09:39 PM

Not that I necessarily support Mister D's probing of your intentions, but I am curious to know if you do indeed have an opinion on the video and article posted? Maybe I missed it?

Mark III
08-31-2015, 09:39 PM
Wow, you pick a blog post that misinterprets not only Herrnstein and Murray's The Bell Curve but Murray Rothbard's review of it. Is that how you defend the idiotic snarl word of the OP?

I don't think you read the OP

but are we talking about the same Murray Rothbard who was involved in the Ron Paul racist newsletters? That guy?

Captain Obvious
08-31-2015, 09:40 PM
Not that I necessarily support Mister D's probing of your intentions, but I am curious to know if you do indeed have an opinion on the video and article posted? Maybe I missed it?

No, you didn't miss it.

Ethereal
08-31-2015, 09:44 PM

I hate to burst your bubble, but it's highly unlikely that Mister D is ideologically simpatico with Murray Rothbard! Of course, he (Mister D) is at least willing to entertain his (Rothbard's) thoughts and ideas from an intellectual perspective simply for the sake of discussion. So unless you are suggesting something cannot be true because Rothbard said it, I don't really see your point.

Ethereal
08-31-2015, 09:49 PM

but are we talking about the same Murray Rothbard who was involved in the Ron Paul racist newsletters? That guy?

Rothbard, the racist Jewish academic! He hates himself, too, probably... :laugh:

Do you really think Ron Paul is a racist? His personal conduct seems to suggest otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rv0Z5SNrF4

Comments?

Mark III
08-31-2015, 09:50 PM
The article is a "correction" of the video, written by a white racialist "Christian " apologist, in which, in the process of disputing Moore, makes numerous racist claims about American Indians and blacks in U.S. history, praises the Klan, claims that "civil rights" is a government plot to punish white people, etc. It is too long to summarize in a few sentences.

A good discussion question would be to ask which history is closer to the truth, Moore's or the Christian racists, and what if any of it should be taught in history texts, but on this site, all people seem to do is pretend they are clever. And keep blabbing and blabbing and blabbing. Do they get paid by the number of posts they make? Quality be damned ?

Mark III
08-31-2015, 09:57 PM
Rothbard, the racist Jewish academic! He hates himself, too, probably... :laugh:

Do you really think Ron Paul is a racist? His personal conduct seems to suggest otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rv0Z5SNrF4

Comments?

There is no doubt that Ron Paul knew that a series of racist newsletters were sent out under his name in the late 80's and early 90's. It is assumed for various reasons that Lew Rockwell and Murray Rothbard were responsible for the content of those racist newsletters. But Paul knew about them. It is one of the reasons he was never going to be elected President of the United States. Well, that, and his political philosophy.

Ethereal
08-31-2015, 10:01 PM
The article is a "correction" of the video, written by a white racialist "Christian " apologist, in which, in the process of disputing Moore, makes numerous racist claims about American Indians and blacks in U.S. history, praises the Klan, claims that "civil rights" is a government plot to punish white people, etc. It is too long to summarize in a few sentences.

A good discussion question would be to ask which history is closer to the truth, Moore's or the Christian racists, and what if any of it should be taught in history texts, but on this site, all people seem to do is pretend they are clever. And keep blabbing and blabbing and blabbing. Do they get paid by the number of posts they make? Quality be $#@!ed ?

Pretty sure I made some substantive comments for you to respond to. My opinion is that both narratives contain some aspects and threads of truth, but I also find they are both missing a great deal of nuance in their interpretation of certain facts. I agree that aggression was committed against native Americans, and that a chance to live in a more harmonious relationship was mostly squandered. But I'm also willing to put those relationships into their larger historical context in order to put them in perspective, so to speak.

Ethereal
08-31-2015, 10:02 PM
There is no doubt that Ron Paul knew that a series of racist newsletters were sent out under his name in the late 80's and early 90's. It is assumed for various reasons that Lew Rockwell and Murray Rothbard were responsible for the content of those racist newsletters. But Paul knew about them. It is one of the reasons he was never going to be elected President of the United States. Well, that, and his political philosophy.

You didn't really answer my question. Do you think Ron Paul is a racist? What did you think of the video?

Ethereal
08-31-2015, 10:04 PM

Just curious. Are you this unforgiving when it comes to Democrats who say and/or do racist things? Like when Harry Reid described Obama as having a "negro dialect"? Or when Robert Byrd used to be in the KKK?

Mark III
08-31-2015, 10:22 PM
Pretty sure I made some substantive comments for you to respond to

I guess I missed that.

donttread
09-01-2015, 07:37 AM

Moore, the pro-typical fat cat , who has become rich off the super rich invention of Hollywood wanting us all to sacrifice for the poor.

Captain Obvious
09-01-2015, 07:46 AM
Just curious. Are you this unforgiving when it comes to Democrats who say and/or do racist things? Like when Harry Reid described Obama as having a "negro dialect"? Or when Robert Byrd used to be in the KKK?

Or, the worst of all, how the Democratic party essentially ensures the dysfunction of the black community by disempowering them.

The Sage of Main Street
09-01-2015, 08:53 AM
I guess I missed that. So you think that the faithandheritage essay is so politically incorrect that you post it as proof that Moore's Hate Whitey cartoon must be correct and of high scientific value? It's quite conceited on your part and smugly self-righteous to assume that we are part of your degenerate cult and will see the essay that way. You freaks huddle together, chanting Rainbow mumbo-jumbo, and then expect normal people to understand your jargon and methods of proof.

To those who aren't self-hating Whites with a Death Wish, this is proof of racial superiority against an obsolete species of wild and useless primates who were the source of the legend of the Siberian Abominable Snowman:

KING PHILIP'S WAR (New England 1678)

Indians: 3,400 gangstas; 3,000 fatalities
Whites: 3,000 refugees from European aristocracy; 600 fatalities

Chris
09-01-2015, 09:09 AM

I watched the video, read the article, and have commented on it several times now.

You have not commented on any of it.

All you seem to have is made up ad hom.

Chris
09-01-2015, 09:12 AM

A good discussion question would be to ask which history is closer to the truth, Moore's or the Christian racists, and what if any of it should be taught in history texts, but on this site, all people seem to do is pretend they are clever. And keep blabbing and blabbing and blabbing. Do they get paid by the number of posts they make? Quality be damned ?

One question comes to mind, why do you post this crap, because you support it?

Mister D
09-01-2015, 10:32 AM
I guess I missed that.

Along with the rest of his post.

Mister D
09-01-2015, 10:35 AM
One question comes to mind, why do you post this crap, because you support it?

I don't think I've ever seen someone avoid discussion in such a bizarre and contradictory manner.

Captain Obvious
09-01-2015, 10:40 AM
I don't think I've ever seen someone avoid discussion in such a bizarre and contradictory manner.

Maybe if you were as smart as he is you'd get it.

Mister D
09-01-2015, 10:42 AM
Maybe if you were as smart as he is you'd get it.

I feel kinda bad for spoiling his big racist gotcha.

Captain Obvious
09-01-2015, 10:44 AM
I feel kinda bad for spoiling his big racist gotcha.

Was he trying to set something up to knock down?

I haven't been paying much attention to him, he really doesn't say anything besides complaining about how stupid forum members are.

Mister D
09-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Was he trying to set something up to knock down?

I haven't been paying much attention to him, he really doesn't say anything besides complaining about how stupid forum members are.

Yeah, looks that way. This was a racist gotcha but it has apparently failed.

Meh. I give up. This guy has no game.

Chris
09-01-2015, 11:03 AM

I still don't think he read it, just thought he could argue (cultural) Marxism against Moore. Kind of backfired. So let's talk about Ron Paul and Murray Rothbard.

Mister D
09-01-2015, 12:13 PM
I still don't think he read it, just thought he could argue (cultural) Marxism against Moore. Kind of backfired. So let's talk about Ron Paul and Murray Rothbard.

I read it. Not sure what has his panties in a twist though. I don't think he does either.

I don't know. It seems to me liek he wants to draw attention to the horrible racism in the article. Too bad he can't tell us exactly what he wants to discuss.

Ethereal
09-01-2015, 12:18 PM
I guess I missed that.

More likely is that you cannot produce a logical, fact-based rebuttal.

Mark III
09-01-2015, 02:08 PM
lol.

I have other forums I look at that have more comments that address the topic. I tried here but all it is is one liners back and forth.

You did make the effort though, and I will go back and find your post and answer it.

Mark III
09-01-2015, 02:11 PM
So you think that the faithandheritage essay is so politically incorrect that you post it as proof that Moore's Hate Whitey cartoon must be correct and of high scientific value? It's quite conceited on your part and smugly self-righteous to assume that we are part of your degenerate cult and will see the essay that way. You freaks huddle together, chanting Rainbow mumbo-jumbo, and then expect normal people to understand your jargon and methods of proof.

To those who aren't self-hating Whites with a Death Wish, this is proof of racial superiority against an obsolete species of wild and useless primates who were the source of the legend of the Siberian Abominable Snowman:

KING PHILIP'S WAR (New England 1678)

Indians: 3,400 gangstas; 3,000 fatalities
Whites: 3,000 refugees from European aristocracy; 600 fatalities

Let me guess. You are a libertarian racist. What do I win ?

Mark III
09-01-2015, 02:21 PM
Pretty sure I made some substantive comments for you to respond to. My opinion is that both narratives contain some aspects and threads of truth, but I also find they are both missing a great deal of nuance in their interpretation of certain facts. I agree that aggression was committed against native Americans, and that a chance to live in a more harmonious relationship was mostly squandered. But I'm also willing to put those relationships into their larger historical context in order to put them in perspective, so to speak.

Is this the comment that you want me to reply to? What part of it ?

What truth is there in the Christian racist narrative ? That the Indians were savages ? Do you know that the whites also massacred, tortured and dismembered Indians?

The deeply embedded racism of this site is coming into focus now though, as I read through more of the comments. Libertarian racism, that is sort of the prevailing political position of a lot of you folks, apparently.

Captain Obvious
09-01-2015, 02:35 PM

What truth is there in the Christian racist narrative ? That the Indians were savages ? Do you know that the whites also massacred, tortured and dismembered Indians?

The deeply embedded racism of this site is coming into focus now though, as I read through more of the comments. Libertarian racism, that is sort of the prevailing political position of a lot of you folks, apparently.

Mark - you're borderline hysterical.

You're one of the worst new members here since magicmike. If you're a superstar at one or two other forums maybe you should spend more time there, you're definitely not providing value here.

Mister D
09-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Mark - you're borderline hysterical.

You're one of the worst new members here since magicmike. If you're a superstar at one or two other forums maybe you should spend more time there, you're definitely not providing value here.

I love how everyone is a libertarian and a racist to boot. :laugh:

Captain Obvious
09-01-2015, 02:37 PM
I love how everyone is a libertarian and a racist to boot. :laugh:

He's really a C- player at best and you're right, it's unfortunate that we don't have more smart progressives.

Chris
09-01-2015, 02:49 PM
lol.

I have other forums I look at that have more comments that address the topic. I tried here but all it is is one liners back and forth.

You did make the effort though, and I will go back and find your post and answer it.

You mean like your one liners. It took you, what, 10 pages, before you offered an opinion on the OP.

Chris
09-01-2015, 02:50 PM

Where do you see this, Mark. Stop making vague gestures and substantiate what you say a bit.

Note, you really didn't respond to Ethereal. You were evasive. A definite pattern.

Mister D
09-01-2015, 07:47 PM
What exactly is the essential difference between Moore's perspective and the article's? The former castigates the European settlers while the other defends and applauds them. Aside from that how do they differ?

William
09-01-2015, 08:43 PM
OK, I know I shouldn't, but I'll buy into the debate. :grin:

First off - the Michael Moore cartoon is a cartoon - and like all cartoons, it shows a simple view of complicated facts. It tells a story in a funny way.

The more interesting stuff was in the critique by Ehud Would.

First, the Puritan fathers didn’t leave England for “fear of being persecuted.” They left because they were persecuted (http://www3.gettysburg.edu/%7Etshannon/hist106web/site15/BOBS/prfleaving.htm). Their priority wasn’t to assuage any irrational fear, but rather, to find a land where they might establish a more godly society so that their children would be free to obey God in public life.

The Church of England is a Protestant religion, the same as the Puritans. The only people who were persecuted in Elizabethan England were the Catholics. No Puritans were imprisoned or beheaded cos of their beliefs (which were pretty much the same as the other Protestants,) and the sect of Puritans who landed in America were a pretty miserable lot who were disliked by most other Englishmen (including other Puritans). They wanted to ban the Book of Common Prayer, dancing, the theatre, Easter and Christmas.

The famous “Pilgrims,” who landed at Plymouth Rock in 1620, were so radical they were usually disliked and sometimes hated. Unlike most Puritans, they did not seek to reform the Church of England; they thought the church was beyond help.

New England residents who failed to attend worship services on Sunday morning and afternoon were fined or put into stocks. Failing to glorify God for all his good gifts was a sacrilege.

There was no religious freedom in New England. Quakers and Baptists were often forced to pay higher taxes or were banished.

Worshipers in New England were assigned seats by a committee. The best seats went to the minister and family. African-Americans and native Americans were assigned the lowest-ranked seats, usually in second-floor galleries. Men and women sat on opposite sides.
https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/magazine/article/american-puritans-did-you-know/

So the Puritans who landed on Plymouth Rock were not persecuted for their beliefs in England, they were just not allowed to persecute other people - so they went somewhere they could. They tried Holland first, but nobody could stand them there either. :wink:

And the Indians were not exterminated, as Mr. Moore alleges, for that was not the settlers’ objective. In fact, there are far more Indians today than there were then: eminent historian, scholar, and missionary to the Indians R.J. Rushdoony reports that prior to the coming of the White man, “The Indian population was small, perhaps at most 250,*000 to 300,000, and perhaps even less than half that number.”
(http://faithandheritage.com/2015/08/michael-moores-marxist-narrative-of-american-history-refuted/)
Well it seems most historians don't agree with R.J. Rushdoony.

By the time Christopher Columbus reached the Caribbean in 1492, historians estimate that there were 10 million indigenous peoples living in U.S. territory. But by 1900, the number had reduced to less than 300,000.
http://endgenocide.org/learn/past-genocides/native-americans/

Estimates of the pre-Columbian (http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Christopher_Columbus) population vary widely, though uncontroversial studies place the figure for North, Central and South America at a combined 50 million to 100 million,[1] (http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/American_Indian_Genocide#cite_note-0) with scholarly estimates of 2 million[2] (http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/American_Indian_Genocide#cite_note-1) to 18 million[3] (http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/American_Indian_Genocide#cite_note-2) for North America alone. An estimated 80% to 90% of this population died after the arrival of Europeans.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/American_Indian_Genocide

The population of North America prior to the first sustained European contact in 1492 CE (http://www.religioustolerance.org/ce.htm) is a matter of active debate. Various estimates of the pre-contact Native population of the continental U.S. and Canada range from 1.8 to over 12 million. 4 Over the next four centuries, their numbers were reduced to about 237,000 as Natives were almost wiped out. Author Carmen Bernand estimates that the Native population of what is now Mexico was reduced from 30 million to only 3 million over four decades. 13 Peter Montague estimates that Europeans once ruled over 100 million Natives throughout the Americas.

European extermination of Natives started with Christopher Columbus' arrival in San Salvador in 1492. Native population dropped dramatically over the next few decades. Some were directly murdered by Europeans. Others died indirectly as a result of contact with introduced diseases for which they had no resistance -- mainly smallpox, influenza, and measles.

Later European Christian invaders systematically murdered additional Aboriginal people, from the Canadian Arctic to South America. They used warfare, death marches, forced relocation to barren lands, destruction of their main food supply -- the Buffalo -- and poisoning. Some Europeans actually shot at Indians for target practice.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/genocide5.htm

They were living through an event that made The Exorcist look mild by comparison. The eyewitnesses are numbered in the hundreds: judges, learned men, and the most eminent Puritan divines testified that they witnessed genuine xenolalia and fluency in dead languages by possessed children, hands seeming to rove beneath the skin of bewitched persons, telekinesis, multiple voices emanating from one person at a time, and feats of inhuman strength by young girls. Prolonged levitation and even flight were witnessed by large assemblies of people.

Oh what! Is anyone older than four expected to take this seriously? And a blog from a site called Faith & Heritage - Occidental Christianity for Preserving Western Culture and People! Racist, or what? :shocked:

OGIS
09-02-2015, 01:01 AM

Michael Moore couldn't parse a dialectic if it bit him on the nose.

The Sage of Main Street
09-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Let me guess. You are a libertarian racist. What do I win ? A Rainbow-colored lollipop.

Mister D
09-02-2015, 12:24 PM
OK, I know I shouldn't, but I'll buy into the debate. :grin:

First off - the Michael Moore cartoon is a cartoon - and like all cartoons, it shows a simple view of complicated facts. It tells a story in a funny way.

The more interesting stuff was in the critique by Ehud Would.

The Church of England is a Protestant religion, the same as the Puritans. The only people who were persecuted in Elizabethan England were the Catholics. No Puritans were imprisoned or beheaded cos of their beliefs (which were pretty much the same as the other Protestants,) and the sect of Puritans who landed in America were a pretty miserable lot who were disliked by most other Englishmen (including other Puritans). They wanted to ban the Book of Common Prayer, dancing, the theatre, Easter and Christmas.

https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/magazine/article/american-puritans-did-you-know/

So the Puritans who landed on Plymouth Rock were not persecuted for their beliefs in England, they were just not allowed to persecute other people - so they went somewhere they could. They tried Holland first, but nobody could stand them there either. :wink:

(http://faithandheritage.com/2015/08/michael-moores-marxist-narrative-of-american-history-refuted/)
Well it seems most historians don't agree with R.J. Rushdoony.

http://endgenocide.org/learn/past-genocides/native-americans/

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/American_Indian_Genocide

http://www.religioustolerance.org/genocide5.htm

Oh what! Is anyone older than four expected to take this seriously? And a blog from a site called Faith & Heritage - Occidental Christianity for Preserving Western Culture and People! Racist, or what? :shocked:

William, the native population declined due primarily to disease. There was no genocide. A few isolated acts from both sides are about as close as you can come which is miles away from proving such a claim.

Chris
09-02-2015, 09:02 PM
From Moore' Twitter:

Next demand: Disarm the police. We have a 1/4 billion 2nd amendment guns in our homes 4 protection. We'll survive til the right cops r hired

https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/593747915576770561

Ethereal
09-02-2015, 10:25 PM

What truth is there in the Christian racist narrative ? That the Indians were savages ?

No, I specifically said that aspect of it was false. As a libertarian, I have a rather favorable view of the native Americans more decentralized form of government. If you are too dumb or rude to respond to my posts correctly, then just say so.

If all else fails, just make something up. Nice strategy.

William
09-02-2015, 10:49 PM
William, the native population declined due primarily to disease. There was no genocide. A few isolated acts from both sides are about as close as you can come which is miles away from proving such a claim.

I know that disease was the major killer of the American Indians - we were told that in class, and in case you think I am bashing Americans, remember that you were British back then when the Indians started dying from diseases we introduced (sometimes deliberately) - so we are just as much to blame for that. And don't forget Columbus and the Spanish, who started the killing.

I know that the US refuses to ratify the Convention on Genocide but the 1994 U.N. Convention on the Punishment and Prevention of the Crime of Genocide, describes genocide beyond outright murder of people as the destruction and extermination of culture.

Article II: In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
http://www.preventgenocide.org/law/convention/text.htm

And according to what I have read, it was not a few isolated acts.

This site lists 51 pages of Massacres of Native Americans.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Massacres_of_Native_Americans

Look, nobody likes hearing about bad things their country did, but there is too much evidence to totally deny some stuff. And we all did bad stuff in our history. :smiley:

OGIS
09-02-2015, 11:21 PM
I know that disease was the major killer of the American Indians - we were told that in class, and in case you think I am bashing Americans, remember that you were British back then when the Indians started dying from diseases we introduced (sometimes deliberately) - so we are just as much to blame for that. And don't forget Columbus and the Spanish, who started the killing.

I know that the US refuses to ratify the Convention on Genocide but the 1994 U.N. Convention on the Punishment and Prevention of the Crime of Genocide, describes genocide beyond outright murder of people as the destruction and extermination of culture.

Look, nobody likes hearing about bad things their country did, but there is too much evidence to totally deny some stuff. And we all did bad stuff in our history. :smiley:

But on the Evil Empire scale of 1 through 10, 10 being baddest, we are probably somewhere around 2 to 4. That may change in the future. The vision I have is of an embattled American Empire using high-tech to zap ever-larger body counts of barbarians. Sort of a reverse of that old classic, Armageddon 2419 A.D., but where we, rather than the Han Overlords, are the a55holes.

Great classic racist space opera read; 'Murikans uber all inferior races:

Mister D
09-03-2015, 09:54 AM

What the US currently does is irrelevant.

Anyway, there were acts of genocide against whites by the natives with the "Easter Massacre" (which didn't actually happen on Easter) of 1622 being but one example. Isolated acts are isolated acts. There simply was no genocide of the native population. It declined due primarily to disease which was not purposely transmitted. That's yet another myth that persists in the popular imagination. In light of the facts the claim of genocide cannot be substantiated.

BTW, your website lists battles and wars not acts of genocide. Here is another Wiki page with massacres committed by Native Americans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Massacres_by_Native_Americans

The Sage of Main Street
09-03-2015, 11:52 AM

Look, nobody likes hearing about bad things their country did, but there is too much evidence to totally deny some stuff. And we all did bad stuff in our history. :smiley: One of the signs of genetic inferiority is susceptibility to diseases. Why didn't Whites die in equal proportion from unfamiliar Indian diseases? Because we were stronger in every way. The ruling class's Hate America meme is based totally on snobbery, because Americans came from the excluded classes in Europe's aristocratic tyrannies. The Indians, like your Abos, were never treated worse than unfit obsolete primate species deserve

OGIS
09-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Let me guess. You are a libertarian racist. What do I win ?

What in the he11 is a libertarian racist? Sounds like a oxymoron to me. The individualist philosophical underpinning of libertarianism dictates against an collectivist position (which includes racism, which is one of the most primitive forms of collectivism).

Captain Obvious
09-03-2015, 12:03 PM
^^H E double hockey sticks

OGIS
09-03-2015, 12:07 PM
One of the signs of genetic inferiority is susceptibility to diseases. Why didn't Whites die in equal proportion from unfamiliar Indian diseases? Because we were stronger in every way. The ruling class's Hate America meme is based totally on snobbery, because Americans came from the excluded classes in Europe's aristocratic tyrannies. The Indians, like your Abos, were never treated worse than unfit obsolete primate species deserve

Wow. Just wow.

Quick answer: Europeans were less isolated than American Indians. The European survivors of prior generations that were decimated by various plagues therefore had more robust immune systems. American Indians were more isolated and therefore had less robust immune systems.

http://zidbits.com/2011/01/why-didnt-europeans-get-wiped-out-by-native-americans-diseases/

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/03/native-americans-didnt-wipe-europeans-diseases/

Question 1: based on your "analysis" will you therefore say that Blacks in Africa who are more resistant to Ebola that Americans (prior generations of Americans not having been exposed to Ebola) are therefore genetically superior to Americans?

Question 2: is Storm Front down?