PDA

View Full Version : How many here believe we could select a better congress by lottery?

donttread
09-02-2015, 06:13 AM
I do. Let's see if we can get support for a Constitutional Amendment

whatukno
09-02-2015, 06:15 AM
While I am partial for the country to proclaim me dictator for life, I think a national lottery (with every registered voter in the pool) is a good idea.

Captain Obvious
09-02-2015, 07:29 AM
It's very believable when you consider that the establishment in large part controls the candidates we choose from.

If the "lottery" were from a pool of random, qualified candidates then yeah, I'd say there is a huge chance this would create benefits for voters.

We really don't exist in a democracy for a number of reasons, one of them being our candidates are hand-picked by the establishment for us to vote for. Much like China.

Jets
09-02-2015, 07:48 AM
Not sure it would matter because special interest groups will basically "bribe" our elected reps to do their bidding and not worry about us till election time.

jmo

Cigar
09-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Considering this country's long history of rigging the game through suppression and gerrymandering, and yet many are still not haply with the results, I suggest as novel and unique idea; Let "every" American citizen Vote for candidates of their choice, and allow for Democracy to do what it was intended to do.

You still might no like the results, but it will ant least be fair and Democratic.

GrassrootsConservative
09-02-2015, 08:20 AM
Considering this country's long history of rigging the game through suppression and gerrymandering, and yet many are still not haply with the results, I suggest as novel and unique idea; Let "every" American citizen Vote for candidates of their choice, and allow for Democracy to do what it was intended to do.

You still might no like the results, but it will ant least be fair and Democratic.

That's what we have now and it's not fair. There is a large percentage of people that vote for their own interests instead of for the good of the country.

Cigar
09-02-2015, 08:24 AM
That's what we have now and it's not fair. There is a large percentage of people that vote for their own interests instead of for the good of the country.

EVERYONE who Votes, Votes for the candidate of "their" own interests, not the candidate "YOU" think is in "their" best interests. :wink:

What's the point of going to Vote if GrassrootsConservative is the one who is deciding who is best for you already? :rollseyes:

Common
09-02-2015, 08:26 AM
We could all select a better congress if we ALL didnt pay one bit of attention to attack lieing ads and didnt fall for who has the most cash and actually listened to what they are saying

GrassrootsConservative
09-02-2015, 08:30 AM
EVERYONE who Votes, Votes for the candidate of "their" own interests, not the candidate "YOU" think is in "their" best interests. :wink:

What's the point of going to Vote if @GrassrootsConservative (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=478) is the one who is deciding who is best for you already? :rollseyes:

I never said any of this.

Take your strawman somewhere else.

donttread
09-02-2015, 09:58 AM
It's very believable when you consider that the establishment in large part controls the candidates we choose from.

If the "lottery" were from a pool of random, qualified candidates then yeah, I'd say there is a huge chance this would create benefits for voters.

We really don't exist in a democracy for a number of reasons, one of them being our candidates are hand-picked by the establishment for us to vote for. Much like China.

In my example to be eligible for the lottery you'd have to a 21 , a US citizen with no current felonies on your record