PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney's Problem Isn't Obama's campaign strategy —It's Mitt Romney

Cigar
08-10-2012, 12:24 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/EC_120810_horsey425x283.jpg

Mitt Romney has a problem. And it isn't his campaign strategy or strategists. It isn't President Obama's campaign strategy or strategists. Mitt Romney's problem is Mitt Romney.

The current rash of polls clearly show that with more exposure, more time on the campaign trail, more time traveling abroad to "highlight" his foreign policy credentials, and the more he hides his tax returns, the worse Romney does with voters.

While President Barack Obama's blackboard is pretty much completely written on, Romney's blackboard is getting filled with information about the former Massachusetts governor that is hurting him, especially among independents. Sure, some of it is due to Obama ads and the national dialogue, but most of it is due to Romney himself.

This is all about who Mitt Romney really is; this is about his background, his judgment.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/Peter-Fenn/2012/08/10/mitt-romneys-problem-isnt-obamaits-mitt-romney

Chris
08-10-2012, 12:27 PM
While President Barack Obama's blackboard is pretty much completely written on...

What's written there is written in red chalk.

Cigar
08-10-2012, 12:30 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/115.jpg

Carygrant
08-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Certainly Mutt has no respect in Europe .
If he performs at home like he performed here , Obama will win in a canter .

Mister D
08-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Certainly Mutt has no respect in Europe .
If he performs at home like he performed here , Obama will win in a canter .

Good thing Europe is irrelevant. Whew.

Mainecoons
08-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Unfortunately, the OP is more than a little correct. It seems the Republicans are going to follow one bad choice in 2008 with another in 2012. This seems to have become routine with them, really going all the way back to 1988.

The Republicans need to nominate a street fighter. They're running against a fraud, liar and demagogue.

Mitt is a nice guy. You can bet he didn't cheat on his taxes or take one illegal deduction. However, you can also bet he is very vulnerable to a demagogue who will scapegoat him simply for following the law. The law written BTW as much if not more by Mr. Obama's party than his own.

Nice guys finish last.

Carygrant
08-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Good thing Europe is irrelevant. Whew.

Can't you very limited people think of anything new when you go on your schoolboy name calling sprees ?
It would be so nice to find the lurking presence of an agile mind --let alone a touch of wit and stimulating intelligence .

Peter1469
08-10-2012, 04:10 PM
When it comes to an American election, what other word than irrelevant better describes Europe?

Chris
08-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Can't you very limited people think of anything new when you go on your schoolboy name calling sprees ?
It would be so nice to find the lurking presence of an agile mind --let alone a touch of wit and stimulating intelligence .

Always funny when someone criticizes others for what they do.

Goldie Locks
08-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Romney's problem??? it's idiot voters who will vote for Ubama...Chavez Jr.

Mainecoons
08-10-2012, 05:49 PM

Could you explain to we liguistically challenged folks just where the name calling is in, "Good thing Europe is irrelevant. Whew."

Thanks. This should be interesting. :grin:

Peter1469
08-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Could you explain to we liguistically challenged folks just where the name calling is in, "Good thing Europe is irrelevant. Whew."

Thanks. This should be interesting. :grin:

Europe will still be irrelevant regarding US elections.... :smiley:

Mainecoons
08-11-2012, 05:52 AM
I agree, but our liberal English friend who is constantly declaring his great intellect seems to have his associations confused here. Let's see how he explains this one.

MMC
08-11-2012, 06:40 AM

Now Mr Grant jumping in on the Demo band-wagon with that schoolboy name of Calling Romney a Mutt, how do you think that perception relates in such context with what you are saying here? For sure, I would have expected more from one who likes the finer things in life. :wink:

bladimz
08-11-2012, 01:26 PM
When it comes to an American election, what other word than irrelevant better describes Europe?
A negative world view of an american candidate for the most powerful office in the world will have an impact on the race to some extent. Some voters actually pay attention to how other nations see him, considering that he will most likely have to interact with those nations. Irrelevant? I think not.

Peter1469
08-11-2012, 01:42 PM
100% irrelevant.

Mainecoons
08-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Still waiting for Cary to explain his great leap of syntax.

Agravan
08-11-2012, 07:22 PM
A negative world view of an american candidate for the most powerful office in the world will have an impact on the race to some extent. Some voters actually pay attention to how other nations see him, considering that he will most likely have to interact with those nations. Irrelevant? I think not.
What about the negative worldview of the dipshit currently in office? Especially in light of the fact that his actions are responsible for that worldview?

patrickt
08-12-2012, 07:51 AM
The Smear and Fear Campaign is clearly dishonest and clearly a problem because Republicans want to talk about policies and plans and the Democrats can do neither.

I'm happy to have Ryan on the ticket. Now we can watch the Democrat Kossacks savage him like they have Gov. Palin. Oh, wait, Democrats prefer picking on women. Kossack Bill Maher can't call Ryan a **** or a twat. I wonder if Bill Maher as a misogynist can actually switch to dick and cock? Whether he can or not it will be fun to watch.

Will Sen. Reid continue to be the White House Liar-in-chief or will he tag team with Rep. Pelosi?

bladimz
08-12-2012, 10:22 AM
What about the negative worldview of the dipshit currently in office? Especially in light of the fact that his actions are responsible for that worldview?What i said applies to any candidate running for president, especially now in the social media age. If you want to make this an Obama thing specifically, feel free.

bladimz
08-12-2012, 10:32 AM
The Smear and Fear Campaign is clearly dishonest and clearly a problem because Republicans want to talk about policies and plans and the Democrats can do neither.

I'm happy to have Ryan on the ticket. Now we can watch the Democrat Kossacks savage him like they have Gov. Palin. Oh, wait, Democrats prefer picking on women. Kossack Bill Maher can't call Ryan a **** or a twat. I wonder if Bill Maher as a misogynist can actually switch to dick and cock? Whether he can or not it will be fun to watch.

Will Sen. Reid continue to be the White House Liar-in-chief or will he tag team with Rep. Pelosi?Actually, Bill Maher can still call Ryan those things. They would still be appropriate.

Harry accusing Romney of not paying taxes for ten years is fairly equivalent to the entire right wing accusing Obama of not being born in the United States. So take your lumps, chumps, and let Romney prove him wrong by releasing his tax returns.

Mainecoons
08-12-2012, 10:40 AM
But, Blat, we all know that Obama wasn't born here (for 16 long years) before he was. :grin:

So you think that Dirty Harry illegally accessing tax information on Romney is equivalent to people outside of government claiming Obama's BC is a fraud?

BTW, Mr. "Document Scanning Expert" you have yet to provide for us your "expert" analysis in how a scanned document can have 7, manipulable layers. Of course, that would require you to stop hiding and actually watch the testimony of real experts on this topic that show conclusively that, whereever this fraud in the White House may be from, that document is fraudulent.

Oh, and BTW, just how did Barry get that Occidental free ride? As a foreign student? Let's see those college applications for Occidental and Columbia, thanks very much.

Chris
08-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Actually, Bill Maher can still call Ryan those things. They would still be appropriate.

Harry accusing Romney of not paying taxes for ten years is fairly equivalent to the entire right wing accusing Obama of not being born in the United States. So take your lumps, chumps, and let Romney prove him wrong by releasing his tax returns.

But it shouldn't be done on the Senate floor.

Mainecoons
08-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Getting back to the topic, the big problem with Romney continues to be that he just lacks the street fighter instincts needed to take on one who is as corrupt and dishonest as Barack/Barry. For example, a street fighter would call a press conference. At that press conference, there would be a box entitled "tax returns." The street fighter would offer to exchange his box for a box with certified copies of Mr. Obama's college records.

Of course, I realize the flaw in this strategy is the already demonstrated willingness of Mr. Obama to forge, however inexpertly, documents like the BC he "released." Not sure how to deal with that one. Maybe give him altered tax returns? :grin:

bladimz
08-12-2012, 12:11 PM
But, Blat, we all know that Obama wasn't born here (for 16 long years) before he was. :grin:

So you think that Dirty Harry illegally accessing tax information on Romney is equivalent to people outside of government claiming Obama's BC is a fraud?

BTW, Mr. "Document Scanning Expert" you have yet to provide for us your "expert" analysis in how a scanned document can have 7, manipulable layers. Of course, that would require you to stop hiding and actually watch the testimony of real experts on this topic that show conclusively that, whereever this fraud in the White House may be from, that document is fraudulent.

Oh, and BTW, just how did Barry get that Occidental free ride? As a foreign student? Let's see those college applications for Occidental and Columbia, thanks very much.I've answered your "Document Scanning" BS several times by now, with no rebuttal from you. Supply me with a legit rebuttal and i will be glad to respond. Remember when i told you that i personally went through the steps using the programs discussed in the conspiracy theory? Of course you don't. I did it. You didn't. You have no personal experience with it. I do. I win, you lose. But then you always lose. Anyone who is still, still 4 years later, a birther, is a perfect loser. Congrats. At least you are perfect at something.

:applause:

bladimz
08-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Getting back to the topic, the big problem with Romney continues to be that he just lacks the street fighter instincts needed to take on one who is as corrupt and dishonest as Barack/Barry. For example, a street fighter would call a press conference. At that press conference, there would be a box entitled "tax returns." The street fighter would offer to exchange his box for a box with certified copies of Mr. Obama's college records.

Of course, I realize the flaw in this strategy is the already demonstrated willingness of Mr. Obama to forge, however inexpertly, documents like the BC he "released." Not sure how to deal with that one. Maybe give him altered tax returns? :grin:Goons: "Look at me, i'm a birther, i'm a birther! I'm a birther stooge! Feel for me, pity me. Help me!!"

Mainecoons
08-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Look at you, just a simple fool who is too cowardly to go watch a press conference.

:rofl:

hanger4
08-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Actually, Bill Maher can still call Ryan those things. They would still be appropriate.

Dude, you should've started a painting business with that brush, not a printing business.

wingrider
08-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Obama was in Pueblo Co a city of about 150K people and he drew a large number of people to his rally,,, a whopping 3500 people..

Cigar
08-13-2012, 08:25 AM
Obama was in Pueblo Co a city of about 150K people and he drew a large number of people to his rally,,, a whopping 3500 people..

"I do not need a tax cut. We need to keep taxes low for working Americans like you," Obama said. "That's the choice in this election. That's why I'm running for president. Because I believe we're all in this together."
Obama took the stage at the Colorado State Fairgrounds, where about 3,500 people were gathered in the Palace of Agriculture, telling the crowd "it's good to be back." On the way over, he said, he stopped for some award-winning green chile a Romero's Café, home to Pueblo's "Mr. Chile." Obama said it was so good he was going to take some home, in hopes the White House chef could figure out the secret.

The roughly 30-minute speech also touched on a handful of issues specific to this heavily Democratic county, including the wind energy production tax credit, which Obama supports and Romney recently said he would allow to expire at the end of this year — a stance that puts Romney at odds with both Republicans and Democrats in Colorado's congressional delegation.

Pueblo is home to Vestas, the largest wind production facility in the world, and the company employs about 1,600 people here. Earlier this year, the company's CEO said if the credit is not extended, the company would be forced to lay off most of its employees in Colorado.

Obama said the industry "has never been more promising," and added it's time to end billions in taxpayer subsidies for oil companies that already are profitable and ensure the wind industry — which employs about 5,000 people statewide — does not falter.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_21273180/thousands-turn-out-obama-pueblo?source=rss

wingrider
08-13-2012, 08:46 AM
you missed the point , as usual.. a city of 150 K an obama draws 3500 people ,, now that is funny

Cigar
08-13-2012, 01:51 PM
you missed the point , as usual.. a city of 150 K an obama draws 3500 people ,, now that is funny

That's 3500 in a Republican area ... so?

Jack Fate
08-13-2012, 01:54 PM
"I do not need a tax cut. We need to keep taxes low for working Americans like you," Obama said. "That's the choice in this election. That's why I'm running for president. Because I believe we're all in this together."
Obama took the stage at the Colorado State Fairgrounds, where about 3,500 people were gathered in the Palace of Agriculture, telling the crowd "it's good to be back." On the way over, he said, he stopped for some award-winning green chile a Romero's Café, home to Pueblo's "Mr. Chile." Obama said it was so good he was going to take some home, in hopes the White House chef could figure out the secret.

The roughly 30-minute speech also touched on a handful of issues specific to this heavily Democratic county, including the wind energy production tax credit, which Obama supports and Romney recently said he would allow to expire at the end of this year — a stance that puts Romney at odds with both Republicans and Democrats in Colorado's congressional delegation.

Pueblo is home to Vestas, the largest wind production facility in the world, and the company employs about 1,600 people here. Earlier this year, the company's CEO said if the credit is not extended, the company would be forced to lay off most of its employees in Colorado.

Obama said the industry "has never been more promising," and added it's time to end billions in taxpayer subsidies for oil companies that already are profitable and ensure the wind industry — which employs about 5,000 people statewide — does not falter.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_21273180/thousands-turn-out-obama-pueblo?source=rss

LOL. Obama's alternative energy business history is a failure. You really don't know what's going on, do you!

Mainecoons
08-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Hey, how many billions have Obama's investments lost for us now? I see the liar has admitted now he's going to lose at least 25 billion on GM. We didn't just bail out the banksters and Wall Street bandits who put Obama in office, we bailed out a bunch of overpaid union workers who also helped put him there.

You know what is really funny here, folks? Many if not most of us are pretty close to being or are already "senior citizens." This fool Cigar is in his 30's or so. He's going to pay through the nose for the next 30 years and we are going to spend his tax money on our retirement and health care. When he gets there, he'll at best get pennies on the dollar.

Cigar, you are so dumb that you don't realize that YOU are getting screwed royally if these programs are not reformed and made sound. WE are going to laugh all the way to the bank. WE are making out like bandits because these programs are too generous to our generation. YOU are f*****! :rofl:

Liberals--you can't fix STUPID.

bladimz
08-14-2012, 10:41 AM
LOL. Obama's alternative energy business history is a failure. You really don't know what's going on, do you!
http://cleantechnica.com/2008/07/29/4-reasons-why-germany-is-a-renewable-energy-success-story/

Four Reasons Why We Should Pay Attention to Germany's Alternative Power Programs

1. Germany has the world’s largest wind power sector— but had barely any notable wind power at all 16 years ago.
With over 20,600 MW of installed capacity, Germany is the world’s wind power leader. And they accomplished this feat pretty quickly, having had less than 100 MW in 1992. The second place wind leader, Spain, only has approximately 12,000 MW of capacity.

2. The country has the world’s second largest solar power market, despite having extremely cloudy weather.
Germany comes in as number 2 for solar power, with 750 MW of peak capacity as of 2006. However, it is far and away the European leader for photovoltaic capacity, with a capacity of 3063 MW. Additionally, the world’s largest solar cell producer (Q-Cells) is located there. Oh, and the country also has the largest solar thermal market in Europe.

3. Over 214,000 people work in the German domestic renewable energy industry.
With 2.3 million renewable energy workers worldwide, Germany once again takes the cake as a pioneering country. Last year, German companies accounted for 38 percent of the total wind energy market.

4. They have progressive renewable energy laws.
The German government has just agreed on a new climate change legislative package with the goal of reducing CO2 emissions up to 36 percent by 2020. German Environment Minister Sigmar Gabriel calls it the biggest climate change package in the world.

But let's keep feeding more subsidy monies to Big Oil. What would happen to them without out it? They'd go broke and we'd have no more oil to sell to overseas markets...

hanger4
08-14-2012, 11:16 AM
But let's keep feeding more subsidy monies to Big Oil. What would happen to them without out it? They'd go broke and we'd have no more oil to sell to overseas markets...

OH BS blad, they'd raise the cost of their goods to off set their tax increase.

Do you even know who pays corporate taxes and other business taxes ??

Mainecoons
08-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Blad thinks the tooth fairy pays business taxes. Now when he was an alleged businessman, his tax payment miraculously appeared in his bank account. He did not add the cost of taxes onto the cost of product or service he was providing.

Nope, not our Blat! :rofl:

Cigar
08-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Every Quarter ... me and my accountant have it out! :)

Jack Fate
08-14-2012, 11:59 AM
http://cleantechnica.com/2008/07/29/4-reasons-why-germany-is-a-renewable-energy-success-story/

The govt makes more profit on a gallon of gas than the oil company does. Wise up.

Chris
08-14-2012, 01:10 PM
But let's keep feeding more subsidy monies to Big Oil.

Oil doesn't get subsidies, blad, even http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2012/02/24/432059/oil-lobby-says-obamas-call-to-end-big-oil-handouts-is-discriminatory/ acknowledges that.

Mainecoons
08-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Anytime the government cancer lets you keep some of your money, that's a subsidy to Blat.

patrickt
08-14-2012, 08:03 PM
We have the problem and it's Obama's Smear and Fear Campaign that avoids discussions of policies like the plague. They lie shamelessly and move to the next lie without being accountable to the last. Of course, they have fellow travelers like Cigar to carry water for them.

Peter1469
08-14-2012, 08:42 PM
That is why they want Mitt's tax returns so they can talk about that for the next three months and avoid real issues that hurt Obama.

roadmaster
08-14-2012, 11:47 PM
That is why they want Mitt's tax returns so they can talk about that for the next three months and avoid real issues that hurt Obama.

Exactly, the more they avoid the problems Obama is hoping he can make them out to be the enemy and trying to hide things. He made promises he didn't keep and things are worse than they have ever been.

Mainecoons
08-15-2012, 06:25 AM
That's OK, we want Obama's Occidental and Columbia records so we can prove he's an out and out fraud and evict him from our White House. :grin:

Hey Cigar, wanna swap?? :rofl:

Cigar
08-15-2012, 06:52 AM

Well guess what ... that's a new issue ...It's called Medicare :)

Good Luck with this one boys. :poopfan:

Mainecoons
08-15-2012, 06:57 AM
Good luck with this one, genius. BTW, are you going to work hard today to keep me in Social Security and Medicare?

http://my.brainshark.com/The-President-s-8-Billion-Coincidence-356086344

Peter1469
08-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Well guess what ... that's a new issue ...It's called Medicare :)

Good Luck with this one boys. :poopfan:

Right. Obama wants to cut over $700B from medicare for today's retirees whereas Ryan wants to keep it the same for current retirees and reform it for future retirees so it survives.

bladimz
08-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Right. Obama wants to cut over $700B from medicare for today's retirees whereas Ryan wants to keep it the same for current retirees and reform it for future retirees so it survives.
Yeah, i know. I saw the whiteboard...

bladimz
08-18-2012, 11:07 PM
The govt makes more profit on a gallon of gas than the oil company does. Wise up.And how much profit does the government make on every barrel of oil the Oil Co. sells to overseas customers? I'd say you might want to wise up yourself.