PDA

View Full Version : Marilyn Mosby Downplays Link Between Freddie Gray Riots And Murder

Common
09-06-2015, 09:27 PM
The murder rate in Baltimore is going to stay sky high for a while. A question for all, who do you think the most victims of these murders are ? There have been more blacks killed by blacks since april in baltimore than by cops in years.

Baltimore city State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby is downplaying the link between the Freddie Gray case and a massive spike in violent crime, arguing that crime rates were already increasing before riots began in April following the 25-year-old’s death.

This year, Baltimore had recorded 65 homicides in 109 days as of April 25 — the first day of disturbances following Gray’s death. By that same date, the city had seen 54 homicides in 2014, 66 in 2013, 59 in 2012, and 65 in 2011, data show.
The number of killings has exploded since then, with 158 people killed in 130 days from April 25 through the end of August, including 45 homicides in July alone.

So far in 2015, there have been 227 homicides in Baltimore, putting the city on pace for more than 300 for the year. That’s a level that hasn’t been reached since 1999. That year, 305 were killed. In all of 2014, there were 211 killings. In 2013, there were 235.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/05/marilyn-mosby-downplays-link-between-freddie-gray-riots-and-murder-spike-but-her-math-doesnt-add-up/

Peter1469
09-07-2015, 01:26 AM
The cops are going to be taking it easy for a while in that city....

waltky
08-09-2016, 01:24 PM
Givin' credit where credit is due...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif
Marilyn Mosby Praises Baltimore Officers
August 8, 2016 - Almost two weeks after claiming the Baltimore Police Department was too biased to investigate its own officers, Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby praised the department.

Mosby stood beside Police Commissioner Kevin Davis Monday and praised the department and two officers who spoke up about a fellow officer's misconduct. Officers Keven Leary and Isiah Smith testified against Officer Wesley Cagle, who was convicted by a jury last week of first-degree assault and a handgun charge in a December 2014 police shooting.

Cagle, 46, shot Michael Johansen in the groin as he lay in the doorway of an East Baltimore corner store after two other officers had already shot him, prosecutors said. Cagle, a 15-year veteran of the police force, was acquitted of more serious charges of attempted first- and second-degree murder, but he faces at least five years in prison. "Today I stand alongside of Commissioner Kevin Davis to give special thanks to two Baltimore police officers, Officer Keven Leary and Officer Isaiah Smith, who acted and did the right thing by testifying against their fellow officer who did the wrong thing," Mosby said at a news conference at police headquarters. "The vast majority of police officers in this city are good officers, and I'm gratified that in this case the good officers testified against the bad officer," she said.

http://r1.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2016/08/16x9/640x360/mosby.57a907301e23c.jpg
Marilyn Mosby Praises Baltimore Officers

The Cagle trial began the same week that Mosby dropped charges in the remaining three officers' trials in the arrest and death of Freddie Gray. In a news conference near the Gilmor Homes where Gray, 25, was arrested last year, she blasted the Police Department, saying it and the criminal justice system needed radical reform. "We've all borne witness to an inherent bias that is a direct result of when police investigate themselves," she said at the time.

On Monday, Mosby said she was heartened by the two officers standing up for justice -- and she credited Davis for helping create better police-prosecutor relations. "We believe under this police commissioner, this will become the rule rather than the exception, and this case highlights our commitment together to work with one another," she said. "Commissioner Davis and his staff are working extraordinarily hard to create the kind of police department that Baltimore residents deserve, and I thank him and all of the men and women that uphold that sacred oath."

Davis also praised the officers and said he was "not surprised one bit" that the Police Department and prosecutors were able to work together to convict Cagle. "Reporting misconduct, now absolutely required by our new use-of-force policy, is something that the community has a right to expect from all police officers in Baltimore," he said. "My team and the State's Attorney's team are here today to support the vast majority of police officers who routinely do the right thing day after day, and call after call." "There's nothing more a good cop hates," he said, "than a bad cop."

http://www.officer.com/news/12242278/marilyn-mosby-praises-baltimore-police-officers

Oboe
08-09-2016, 01:28 PM
Just another racist be-ot-ch.

Peter1469
08-09-2016, 05:39 PM
She will likely lose her law license.

Like Bill did.

Common
08-09-2016, 05:41 PM
She wont lose her law license, but she will be on the down low. I called it as soon as she did it.

Peter1469
08-09-2016, 05:44 PM
She wont lose her law license, but she will be on the down low. I called it as soon as she did it.

I think she will lose her law license. I also think that she will be sued into bankruptcy.

And that is good. Prosecutors have a scared trust with society. When they break it they deserve to be ruined.

Common
08-09-2016, 06:11 PM
I think she will lose her law license. I also think that she will be sued into bankruptcy.

And that is good. Prosecutors have a scared trust with society. When they break it they deserve to be ruined.

She is going to sued and I was reading that the cops lawyers believe its win.
If she does lose the civil suit it will give pause to any prosecutors that want to overcharge or falsely charge just because they are cops and want to make a name for themselves. Mosbys fail is one of the record books on stupid. She not only could have avoided the disgrace and the civil suit, she most likely could have won a case against the driver of the van.