PDA

View Full Version : washington state declares charter schools unconstitutional

del
09-08-2015, 11:15 AM
charter schools are as big a scam as private prisons

In the lead opinion, Chief Justice Barbara Madsen said the case wasn’t about the merits of charter schools, simply whether they were eligible for public funds. Citing state Supreme Court precedent from 1909, she said they are not eligible because they are not under the control of local voters. Washington charters are run by private nonprofit organizations that appoint their own boards. Most, including Tacoma’s charters, are also under the oversight of the appointed Washington State Charter School Commission.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/education/article34116069.html

Peter1469
09-08-2015, 11:18 AM
The decision says that charter schools are private and can't get public funds. Sounds fine to me.

And there is nothing wrong with private prisons. Any problems with them are associated with contract over-site, and what the contract is paying for. Most states pay only to warehouse bad people. So that is what you get. Want more, pay for more.

del
09-08-2015, 11:30 AM
private prisons are the atm of the war on drugs

Tahuyaman
09-08-2015, 11:55 AM
The decision says that charter schools are private and can't get public funds. Sounds fine to me.

And there is nothing wrong with private prisons. Any problems with them are associated with contract over-site, and what the contract is paying for. Most states pay only to warehouse bad people. So that is what you get. Want more, pay for more.

I have no problem with private schools being funded only by those who attend them, or donations from private sources.

Still the Washington State Supreme Court has a history of overturning the will of the people on various issues. Liberals depend on the court to overturn every voter approved initiative they oppose.

Never once has that court overturned a liberal initiative passed by the voters.

Mac-7
09-08-2015, 12:24 PM

Plots of private organizations get public money.

Liberal public educators and this flaky judge don't want the competition from better educators.