PDA

View Full Version : Man busted for DWBW

OGIS
09-08-2015, 12:29 PM
Guy gets busted for driving with broken windshield as he was turning in the auto glass company parking lot.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/investigations/2015/09/07/broken-windshield-ticket-absolute-auto-glass/71849604/

There absolutely IS a problem with cops in this country.

Cigar
09-08-2015, 12:32 PM
I'm sure the officer was in fear of his life ...

There's a lot of afraid Cops going around these days.

Cigar
09-08-2015, 12:37 PM
Guy gets busted for driving with broken windshield as he was turning in the auto glass company parking lot.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/investigations/2015/09/07/broken-windshield-ticket-absolute-auto-glass/71849604/

It's nice that the Glass shop owner offered to cover the cost of the Bull Shit Ticket.

I'm sure our Cop Defenders here have a logical excuse for this one also. :rollseyes:

Peter1469
09-08-2015, 01:14 PM
If the guy fights the ticket the DA will likely drop it if the story is accurate.

When I was a special assistant US attorney doing traffic tickets on Ft Drum, I kicked BS tickets and would tell the MP's CO that particular MPs needed retraining.

Captain Obvious
09-08-2015, 01:16 PM

Yes, this one bizarre story proves just that.

nathanbforrest45
09-08-2015, 01:38 PM
Yes, this one bizarre story proves just that.

You realize that the cops can get 1000 attaboys but one aws hi t will erase them completely

Cigar
09-08-2015, 01:39 PM
You realize that the cops can get 1000 attaboys but one aws hi t will erase them completely

I know how they feel :laugh:

OGIS
09-08-2015, 01:52 PM

People who have the power of death over others literally at their fingertips are expected, in my book, to be perfect. No mistakes. Oh boo hoo, how inhuman! Wanna be human on the job, have the luxury of being able to make mistakes? Then lose the deathmakers. Your choice.

People who don't understand the above position need to consider that, while you may think that "it can never happen to me" there is a finite probability that yes, indeed it can.
- One smudged or misread digit on a street address.
- One dyslexic getting the number right but confusing "Acorn St." with "Elm St."
- One case of someone stealing your WIFI to do a drug deal (actual case in Ohio).
- One malicious SWATing by a techie a55h0le who hates you or your kid or your wife.
- One roided, insane, or sadistic cop at a traffic stop where random circumstances (ex: backfire) set him off.

You can reason out all this now... or you can do so after it happens and you're dealing with the death of a loved one.

Chris
09-08-2015, 01:57 PM
When I was a teen, I was out driving around one night and got stopped by the sheriff for taillight out and was issued a warning ticket and told drive straight home to fix it. As I drove into my town I was pulled over by town cops and, even though I showed warning ticket, and was on direct route home, not a block away, was issued a ticket. --Went to court and told story to judge and he believed me and voided the ticket.

Tahuyaman
09-08-2015, 02:03 PM
If the guy fights the ticket the DA will likely drop it if the story is accurate.

When I was a special assistant US attorney doing traffic tickets on Ft Drum, I kicked BS tickets and would tell the MP's CO that particular MPs needed retraining.

The problem with MP's is that many of them are 18 or 19 year old privates who suddenly have some authority and are too immature to handle it. That shouldn't be the case with civilian police officers.

donttread
09-08-2015, 02:11 PM

Another asshole bully with a badge

Redrose
09-08-2015, 03:47 PM
If the story is true as reported that is a BS ticket.

Flip side: Some windshield damage is so severe (in the driver's field of vision) that operating the car is unsafe. Most glass places will come to your home and make the repair at no charge. So there is no need to drive a car with an obstructed view.