PDA

View Full Version : All illegals deported in 2 years: Trump

Peter1469
09-12-2015, 04:29 AM
All illegals deported in 2 years: Trump (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/09/11/donald-trump-says-immigrant-deportations-done-in-two-years/)

Most Americans want illegals controlled. Trump has a plan.

Donald Trump estimated that it will take 18 months to two years to get the roughly 11 million immigrants living in the U.S. illegally to leave the country, and that he would then build a wall running along the border with Mexico.

The businessman’s statement made on a call with Alabama Republicans Thursday night (http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-saying-illegal-immigrants-have-to-go-targets-obama-orders-1439738967) added a bit of specificity to the Republican presidential frontrunner’s hardline stance on immigration. Mr. Trump released a six-page policy paper on immigration last month, and reporters have asked for details about how it would work since.

Mac-7
09-12-2015, 05:08 AM
I consider this only a working model not a final design.

No one including Trump can foresee all the difficulties and pitfalls for such a massive undertaking.

So I give him some leeway to modify his plan as the need arises.

But at least he has a positive goal to control our borders and that puts him far above the democrats and most republicans.

Subdermal
09-12-2015, 08:15 AM
In order to make this work we're going to have to do something we're loathe to do: clarify the 14th Amendment AND ENFORCE the clarification that simply because you're born in this country does NOT make you an American citizen.

The false notion of anchor babies has to come to an end, and those who have already been granted citizenship have to be given a choice to either keep their families unified by returning with their families to their homelands, or be split up.

I cannot see anyone pulling this off in anything near the form that Trump is posturing; it is to me nothing more than bravado - but it IMO necessary bravado (and pandering). We have to make some extremely difficult decisions.

Mac-7
09-12-2015, 08:26 AM
In order to make this work we're going to have to do something we're loathe to do: clarify the 14th Amendment AND ENFORCE the clarification that simply because you're born in this country does NOT make you an American citizen.

The false notion of anchor babies has to come to an end, and those who have already been granted citizenship have to be given a choice to either keep their families unified by returning with their families to their homelands, or be split up.

I cannot see anyone pulling this off in anything near the form that Trump is posturing; it is to me nothing more than bravado - but it IMO necessary bravado (and pandering). We have to make some extremely difficult decisions.

We only assume that the 14th amendment provides for anchor babies but many legal scholars question that

But what is not open to debate is that congress can reduce the value of anchor babies by deporting the parents who are here illegally

There is no question that the 14th does not guarantee them a green card and laws can be passed to take all of the fun out of having anchor babies

That could happen as soon as a republican congress sends a bill to Donald Trump or Ted Cruz to sign

Mark III
09-12-2015, 09:01 AM
No one knows how many illegal immigrants are in the U.S. , or whether that figure has been rising or falling over recent years. There are contradictory figures bandied about. For all you people know the total is shrinking. Y'all are too in thrall to conservative media. Illegal immigration is not remotely the nation's biggest problem, income inequality is.

Subdermal
09-12-2015, 09:11 AM
No one knows how many illegal immigrants are in the U.S. , or whether that figure has been rising or falling over recent years. There are contradictory figures bandied about. For all you people know the total is shrinking. Y'all are too in thrall to conservative media. Illegal immigration is not remotely the nation's biggest problem, income inequality is.

I'll point out to you what I had to point out to Oblivious: "income inequality" is a BS leftist talking point - and I'll prove it, with simple math. Too simple for you, though? We'll have to see.

In 1920, there was - approximately - 4.3 billion USD in circulation. The poorest - destitute - had (0) wealth. The wealthiest - hard to know with certainty who, whether it was a Rothschild, or JP Morgan, etc - had just cracked billionaire status.

In 2015, there was - approximately 4.3 TRILLION USD in circulation. The poorest still have (0). The wealthiest, however, is a different story. By today's standards, Rothschild and JP Morgan would be pikers - and there are FAR MORE wealthy now than 100 years ago.

So: what about that "income inequality"? There most certainly is a massive difference between ZERO and a BILLION...but there is a 1000x LARGER difference between 0 and a TRILLION.

So: can you admit that this wealth gap thing is just a matter of mathematic certainty? If you inflate the money supply, you will AUTOMATICALLY inflate the 'gap' between richest and poorest?

The wealth gap is a contrivance of those who both harness Keynesian Monetism and use the divisive "rich vs poor" class envy as a political tool. You are, to them, nothing more than a useful idiot.

Subdermal
09-12-2015, 09:14 AM
We only assume that the 14th amendment provides for anchor babies but many legal scholars question that

But what is not open to debate is that congress can reduce the value of anchor babies by deporting the parents who are here illegally

There is no question that the 14th does not guarantee them a green card and laws can be passed to take all of the fun out of having anchor babies

That could happen as soon as a republican congress sends a bill to Donald Trump or Ted Cruz to sign

I agree, which is why I said 'clarify'. Politicos anxious to grant citizen status co-opt the wording of the 1th to mean anything they want it to me, just like they have with the rest of the Constitution. In point of fact, we've historically demanded ALLEGIANCE in those entities to whom we grant citizenship, which is why babies born to Indians were NOT granted citizenship.

There is precedence for rejecting this notion of illegal immigrant babies being citizens, nor should they be.

Chloe
09-12-2015, 09:24 AM
I wonder what's going to happen when Trump, or any future republican president, actually deports all of the illegals in the country but yet then nothing changes for the better after the fact. Which group of people will be the next scapegoat to put the blame on instead of focusing on our bigger, more ignored problems? If anybody thinks that magically the economy will be doing great, healthcare will be great, manufacturing jobs will come back, our country's infrastructure will be fixed, Americans will have a renewed sense of pride, crime rates will plummet, and American culture will dominate the world then you are living in a fantasy world. All it will effectively do is destroy millions of families and who knows what else. Woo hoo, go America!

Peter1469
09-12-2015, 09:28 AM

There is no SCOTUS case on anchor babies. It is a false construct.

Common
09-12-2015, 09:28 AM

Everything duhduh says is false

Peter1469
09-12-2015, 09:30 AM

Income inequality? You don't even understand that issue.

Cut taxes on business (most are small businesses) and the middle class and see the lower classes come back from what Obama has done to them (killed them).

Common
09-12-2015, 09:30 AM
I wonder what's going to happen when Trump, or any future republican president, actually deports all of the illegals in the country but yet then nothing changes for the better after the fact. Which group of people will be the next scapegoat to put the blame on instead of focusing on our bigger, more ignored problems? If anybody thinks that magically the economy will be doing great, healthcare will be great, manufacturing jobs will come back, our country's infrastructure will be fixed, Americans will have a renewed sense of pride, crime rates will plummet, and American culture will dominate the world then you are living in a fantasy world. All it will effectively do is destroy millions of families and who knows what else. Woo hoo, go America!

First let me say deporting them all is not going to happen. Then let me say if it did things would certainly get better for America. Incarceration and Criminal justice and Healthcare and education alone would save us billions.

Peter1469
09-12-2015, 09:34 AM

You have to do other things as well, such at take the safety hammocks and make then safety nets instead (welfare handouts). That will encourage people to seek work over free handouts.

Fix immigration to ensure workers can be imported after it is clear an American won't take a job. Pay that migrant the same rate an American would get. Move that migrant back home when the job is done.

We can handle this easily with some thought.

Chloe
09-12-2015, 09:35 AM
First let me say deporting them all is not going to happen. Then let me say if it did things would certainly get better for America. Incarceration and Criminal justice and Healthcare and education alone would save us billions.

The vast majority of crimes are committed by american citizens, not illegals. The amount of healthcare spent is spent on american citizens and not illegals. The amount of money spent on education is spent on american citizens and not illegals. Theres like 320 million people living in America, a small % of all estimated 11 million illegals are actually in school, in jail, or in a hospital. The rest live and work.

Mark III
09-12-2015, 09:35 AM
In 2015, there was - approximately 4.3 TRILLION USD in circulation. The poorest still have (0). The wealthiest, however, is a different story. By today's standards, Rothschild and JP Morgan would be pikers - and there are FAR MORE wealthy now than 100 years ago.

So: what about that "income inequality"? There most certainly is a massive difference between ZERO and a BILLION...but there is a 1000x LARGER difference between 0 and a TRILLION.

This is one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen in my life.

The percentage of the wealth or income owned by the top percents vs the bottom percents is what determines the extent of wealth or income inequality, not the whatever it was that you just spouted.

Chloe
09-12-2015, 09:37 AM
You have to do other things as well, such at take the safety hammocks and make then safety nets instead (welfare handouts). That will encourage people to seek work over free handouts.

Fix immigration to ensure workers can be imported after it is clear an American won't take a job. Pay that migrant the same rate an American would get. Move that migrant back home when the job is done.

I'm not saying that something can't be done to help immigrants, to secure a safe border, and get things under better control, but thinking that the magic bullet is getting rid of all illegals is just folly to me. It doesn't fix the system.

Mark III
09-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Income inequality? You don't even understand that issue.

Cut taxes on business (most are small businesses) and the middle class and see the lower classes come back from what Obama has done to them (killed them).

What you suggest (trickle down) hasn't worked in the past , why would it work now? Because you want it to? LOL. Tax cuts are kept as profit, not passed on to workers.

Mac-7
09-12-2015, 09:44 AM

I think the public teachers will miss illegals because they are flooding the schools which makes work for lib educators.

The churches will miss them not only because they fill seats on Sunday but because mainstream religion gets public and private funding for illegal alien charities

And some Obama voters in the hood may miss illegals who do the dirty jobs that they refuse to do

But that only happens after we throw able bodied Americans off welfare and they have to take those jobs to survive

Peter1469
09-12-2015, 09:46 AM
I'm not saying that something can't be done to help immigrants, to secure a safe border, and get things under better control, but thinking that the magic bullet is getting rid of all illegals is just folly to me. It doesn't fix the system.

There is no single magic bullet. A lot needs to be done.

Peter1469
09-12-2015, 09:47 AM
What you suggest (trickle down) hasn't worked in the past , why would it work now? Because you want it to? LOL. Tax cuts are kept as profit, not passed on to workers.

There is no economic term called trickle down. What are you referring to?

I want a broader tax base with individuals paying less.

Mark III
09-12-2015, 09:53 AM

LOL. Thanks for the waste of time.

Peter1469
09-12-2015, 09:55 AM
LOL. Thanks for the waste of time.

Get an education and come back. :wink:

TrueBlue
09-12-2015, 11:02 AM
All illegals deported in 2 years: Trump (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/09/11/donald-trump-says-immigrant-deportations-done-in-two-years/)

I have a good feeling that it will be Trump who will be "deported" from his present hold on the Republican Party well before two years time instead. Hispanics and Latinos who have great power in this country to call an election, to make it or break it, are not at all amused by Trump's continuing egregious stance and outrageous position on this matter and will undoubtedly and unequivocally be supporting the Democratic candidate for president in 2016. Hillary Clinton will be getting their support as she honors and considers Hispanics and Latinos to be most worthy of honor and respect and embraces Mexico as being our good neighbor to the South that we need and trade with.

Crepitus
09-12-2015, 11:15 AM

You conservatives always hide behind that but we know you aren't stupid Pete. You know what he is referring to.

pragmatic
09-12-2015, 11:18 AM

/facepalm

What Trump lacks in practical specifics he overwhelms with boisterous platitudes.

pragmatic
09-12-2015, 11:22 AM

Agree.

But there needs to be one. Fly-by baby drops to establish citizenship are ridiculous.

pragmatic
09-12-2015, 11:29 AM

Disagree with the "easily" qualifier. But improvements can certainly be made.

Stop the bleeding at the border does need to be a first priority. Following that, mass deportations are not going to happen nor should they. But a better e-verify system could have a big impact on the attractiveness for illegals to want to live here.

Crepitus
09-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Back to the OP (kinda): The only thing that is going to curb illegal immigration is cracking down on the people employing them. No jobs = no illegals.

Peter1469
09-12-2015, 11:48 AM
You conservatives always hide behind that but we know you aren't stupid Pete. You know what he is referring to.

He is referring to a meme.

Peter1469
09-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Back to the OP (kinda): The only thing that is going to curb illegal immigration is cracking down on the people employing them. No jobs = no illegals.

agreed

Crepitus
09-12-2015, 11:54 AM
He is referring to a meme.
He's referring to the idea that if you give the wealthier people tax breaks they will use the money saved to either hire new workers or pay their existing ones more, which is bullshit.

Peter1469
09-12-2015, 11:59 AM
He's referring to the idea that if you give the wealthier people tax breaks they will use the money saved to either hire new workers or pay their existing ones more, which is bullshit.

How does business grow in your world?

domer76
09-12-2015, 12:35 PM

The company I work for has grown by offering quality products at reasonable prices and educating their employees on product knowledge and customer service. That creates the demand for expansion.

Odd concept, huh?

Crepitus
09-12-2015, 12:56 PM
The normal way. If you have a product or a service that people want or need your business will grow as long as your prices are competitive.

decedent
09-12-2015, 01:11 PM
The wealth gap is a contrivance of those who both harness Keynesian Monetism and use the divisive "rich vs poor" class envy as a political tool. You are, to them, nothing more than a useful idiot.

Agreed. Poverty is just a figment of people's imaginations.

Private Pickle
09-12-2015, 01:16 PM
I could see this causing major civil unrest.

pragmatic
09-12-2015, 01:20 PM
I could see this causing major civil unrest.

Yeah. Or never seeing the light of day.

Probably not something that any of us need to lose sleep over....

Subdermal
09-12-2015, 02:01 PM
Everything duhduh says is false

He wasn't disagreeing with me, dodo bird. I never made a claim that there was a SCOTUS case. I was saying that those who depend upon the 14th Amendment to make the case for citizenship birthright - anchor babies - need to be corrected.

You - once again - are not intelligent enough to participate in this debate.

Subdermal
09-12-2015, 02:17 PM

The percentage of the wealth or income owned by the top percents vs the bottom percents is what determines the extent of wealth or income inequality, not the whatever it was that you just spouted.

:biglaugh:

Why don't you try to read what I wrote again, remedial math boy - and then explain to us how it is possible to avoid having increased wealth grow at an increased rate. Then explain to us how it is harmful to have such a thing happen.

Learn what an exponential curve is, and how the top quintile wouldn't experience - exponentially - an increased accumulation of weath.

Subdermal
09-12-2015, 02:23 PM

You liberals always hide behind the fabrication of a term which you had to invent to attempt to disparage 20 years of nearly uninterrupted economic growth under Reagan.

In fact, the only thing you can legitimately point to is the increase in the deficit during that time - but you ignore that Reagan attempted to negotiate - with Dems and BigGovGOPs like Dole - $3 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax increases. They lied - exploded the deficit in the process - and now you have the cover only dishonest leftists use to proclaim the Reagan economy a failure.

We need the kind of failure Reagan succeeded in bringing us again, your stupid brainwashing notwithstanding.

Captain Obvious
09-12-2015, 03:46 PM

It sounds better when Glenn Beck says it.

Mac-7
09-12-2015, 04:27 PM
I have a good feeling that it will be Trump who will be "deported" from his present hold on the Republican Party well before two years time instead. Hispanics and Latinos who have great power in this country to call an election, to make it or break it, are not at all amused by Trump's continuing egregious stance and outrageous position on this matter and will undoubtedly and unequivocally be supporting the Democratic candidate for president in 2016. Hillary Clinton will be getting their support as she honors and considers Hispanics and Latinos to be most worthy of honor and respect and embraces Mexico as being our good neighbor to the South that we need and trade with.

Wrong.

Hispanics are far fewer on number than blacks and whites.

And 75% of them who can vote will vote democrat for the welfare handouts.

So pandering to Hispanics is a waste of time for republicans

Better to rally the test of America to building the dang fence

pragmatic
09-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Wrong.

Hispanics are far fewer on number than blacks and whites.

And 75% of them who can vote will vote democrat for the welfare handouts.

So pandering to Hispanics is a waste of time for republicans

Better to rally the test of America to building the dang fence

Pretty sure Trump plans to just tell Mexico to build the fence for us.

That should keep things simple. And save us some money to boot....!!

Cletus
09-12-2015, 05:11 PM

None of that is the point now, is it?

Cletus
09-12-2015, 05:18 PM

Did you type that with a straight face?

Tahuyaman
09-12-2015, 06:16 PM

Even if by some freak of nature he gets elected, it won't happen. It's impossible.

PolWatch
09-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Trump will never deport the illegals....his construction projects would grind to a halt. What are the chances he is planning on cutting his own financial throat?

Tahuyaman
09-12-2015, 06:19 PM

Did you type that with a straight face?

she really believes that. I know,.......it defies explanation.

Tahuyaman
09-12-2015, 06:21 PM
Trump will never deport the illegals....his construction projects would grind to a halt. What are the chances he is planning on cutting his own financial throat?

Illegals don't build Trump level projects.

Tahuyaman
09-12-2015, 06:23 PM

That is correct and it will never happen.

gamewell45
09-12-2015, 07:15 PM

Just how does Trump plan on building this Berlin Wall? Who is going to pay the cost of it? Where will the money come from?

Peter1469
09-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Just how does Trump plan on building this Berlin Wall? Who is going to pay the cost of it? Where will the money come from?

Mexico. Make them build it and pay for it.

Tahuyaman
09-12-2015, 07:23 PM
That's funny

PolWatch
09-12-2015, 07:37 PM
Illegals don't build Trump level projects.

Trump level projects are buildings.....sorry to disappoint you but even billionaires use the same construction methods as the rest of the world....bricks, concrete and other mundane items. Either Trump has convinced some people he is really special or you have no idea of construction basics.

Redrose
09-12-2015, 07:45 PM

2016....Mexican-American War II.

nic34
09-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Trump is a fool. Who is going to work in his hotels and restaurants? Who's going to do his laundry and cook his food?
Can he tell who is illegal?
And this wall ,it's just to keep out Messikins? All else are legal?
Profiling doesn't work. Just ask sherif Joe.

nic34
09-12-2015, 07:52 PM
2016....Mexican-American War II.
Don't wish for such things you'll regret.

PolWatch
09-12-2015, 07:59 PM
I wonder what he plans to do about the 10% of illegal immigrants that work in white collar computer jobs? About half of the illegals come from Mexico....what about those from Asia or Central America? Are we going to wall up the entire United States?

http://www.us-immigration.com/us-immigration-news/us-immigration/where-undocumented-immigrants-come-from/

Peter1469
09-12-2015, 07:59 PM
We don't need a war with Mexico.

We have enough sub-high school educated people to absorb.

Tahuyaman
09-12-2015, 09:29 PM
Trump level projects are buildings.....sorry to disappoint you but even billionaires use the same construction methods as the rest of the world....bricks, concrete and other mundane items. Either Trump has convinced some people he is really special or you have no idea of construction basics.

Illegal aliens are are framers, roofers, landscapers and general laborers on residential construction jobs. They don't build skyscrapers and complicated infrastructure projects.

Skyscrapers are are not constructed like a split level stick built home.

Tahuyaman
09-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Next thing you know, someone will be claiming that quality of our medical care in America will decline because all the illegal alien doctors will be deported.

Crepitus
09-12-2015, 10:29 PM
That is correct and it will never happen.

In this I agree. The wealthy oligarchy that runs the government will never let it happen.

Tahuyaman
09-12-2015, 10:33 PM
In this I agree. The wealthy oligarchy that runs the government will never let it happen.

The spineless nature of our elected officials can't be blamed on the wealthy.

Crepitus
09-12-2015, 10:34 PM
The spineless nature of our elected officials can't be blamed on the wealthy.

And now we don't agree anymore.

Tahuyaman
09-12-2015, 10:56 PM
And now we don't agree anymore.

You think our elected officials aren't spineless? Really?

Crepitus
09-12-2015, 10:58 PM
You think our elected officials aren't spineless? Really?

Not spineless, bought and paid for.

Tahuyaman
09-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Not spineless, bought and paid for.

If they truly are bought and paid for, they are spineless. If they don't have the independence or courage to do what they know is right, they are spineless.

sachem
09-12-2015, 11:33 PM
2 years? Where does this guy live that all illegals can be identified in twenty years let alone two?

Crepitus
09-13-2015, 12:10 AM
If they truly are bought and paid for, they are spineless. If they don't have the independence or courage to do what they know is right, they are spineless.

No, they are greedy.

Redrose
09-13-2015, 12:42 AM

Make Mexico pay for it. Also, we will save billions by not having to provide services for the illegals. US dollars saved, that SHOULD be spent on our legal citizens who need help, our own decaying infrastructure, our own problems.

Mexico is allowing the hordes of illegals to enter Mexico from Central America and channeling them to the USA, along with those Mexico wants to get rid of. Mexico is preaching to us about being charitable, yet they send all the C.A. illegals out of Mexico to us. We are fools.

If everyone in the United States had absolutely everything they needed, no poverty, no children going without food, then I would say we can be magnanimous and help others. Sadly, we are not able to do that, we have our own poor to care for. Cities are going bankrupt being overwhelmed with illegals....not undocumented people....illegals.

Where do you draw the line? What if? What if huge boatloads of illegals start arriving from other regions, like South America, Africa, Asia? What then?

The world is seeing the USA is unable and unwilling to enforce it's immigration laws, and if you can get in the USA, you're in.

I support immigration, but not illegal immigration. We are a nation of laws, we need to start enforcing them.

PolWatch
09-13-2015, 03:15 AM
Illegal aliens are are framers, roofers, landscapers and general laborers on residential construction jobs. They don't build skyscrapers and complicated infrastructure projects.

keep babbling....maybe someone will think you know what you are talking about.

Mac-7
09-13-2015, 06:12 AM
The liberal reaction to Trump's plan to deport illegals and liberal reaction to Americans who support Trump is depressing to say the least.

They think our immigration laws limiting migration from the rest of the world to here are unenforceable.

Their atticde means that 100 million could decide to move here and liberals could not and would not do anything to stop them.

Total surrender is their policy.

Yuk.

pragmatic
09-13-2015, 08:13 AM

You need to know when to let it go.

You are just wrong.

gamewell45
09-13-2015, 08:25 AM
Mexico. Make them build it and pay for it.

Not to be a smart-ass, but what if Mexico tells us to go and shove it, then what? Send in troops?

Peter1469
09-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Not to be a smart-ass, but what if Mexico tells us to go and shove it, then what? Send in troops?

The US has more interest in securing its southern border than it has in what is going on in Iraq.

We could make a better case for war with Mexico than we did with Iraq.

gamewell45
09-13-2015, 08:35 AM
The US has more interest in securing its southern border than it has in what is going on in Iraq.

We could make a better case for war with Mexico than we did with Iraq.

What really bothers me Peter is that if we go to war with Mexico, not only does it means more American's will die (in my opinion) in battle needlessly over immigration issues which most likely can be addressed through diplomatic channels, it's not unreasonable to assume that other central and south american countries may join the fight on Mexico's side. It would be like thrusting your bare arm into a nest of agitated ants.

Telling a neighboring country that we are going to force them to pay for and build on our border is not going to sit well with their countrymen and thus escalate an already bad situation.

Peter1469
09-13-2015, 08:47 AM
What really bothers me Peter is that if we go to war with Mexico, not only does it means more American's will die (in my opinion) in battle needlessly over immigration issues which most likely can be addressed through diplomatic channels, it's not unreasonable to assume that other central and south american countries may join the fight on Mexico's side. It would be like thrusting your bare arm into a nest of agitated ants.

Telling a neighboring country that we are going to force them to pay for and build on our border is not going to sit well with their countrymen and thus escalate an already bad situation.

Any war with Mexico would be over pretty fast. Our aims would only be to secure the border. We have less than zero interest in their territory.

gamewell45
09-13-2015, 08:51 AM
Any war with Mexico would be over pretty fast. Our aims would only be to secure the border. We have less than zero interest in their territory.

I really hope you are correct. I'd hate to see it become another long-term middle east-type situation.

Mac-7
09-13-2015, 08:55 AM

No one is suggesting a war with mexico except you

gamewell45
09-13-2015, 09:11 AM
No one is suggesting a war with mexico except you

Mac, I think you are hallucinating again. Take two aspirin, go to bed and come back later when you have your wits about you.

Ethereal
09-13-2015, 09:14 AM

There are at least 11 million of them, so there is no way they are not working on complicated projects throughout the country. That is just sheer probabilities. But they also work on farms, roofs, landscapes, and as general laborers, among many other jobs, all of which are very important to the economy. The problem is not that they are here working, the problem is that they are getting access to "welfare" that should be reserved for American citizens, so the solution is to simply cut off the welfare. Nothing else needs to be done in order to solve the problem.

Peter1469
09-13-2015, 09:32 AM
End welfare in the US and let the market sort things out. The lazy people will have to leave.

Adelaide
09-13-2015, 09:45 AM
It seems impossible to me that financially the US could depot that many people in 2 years.

Seems like Trump is speaking out of his ass again.

Peter1469
09-13-2015, 09:47 AM
It seems impossible to me that financially the US could depot that many people in 2 years.

How expensive is it to tell people to move in that direction? :smiley:

Mac-7
09-13-2015, 09:53 AM
Mac, I think you are hallucinating again. Take two aspirin, go to bed and come back later when you have your wits about you.

You are the one hallucinating about a war with Mexico

It's just a straw man that liberals cling to

Mac-7
09-13-2015, 09:56 AM

Just because she can't see how does not mean it cant be done

This confirms my previous post that liberals are the surrender monkeys of the immigration issue

pragmatic
09-13-2015, 11:04 AM

Actually there was already a response from the Mexican government regarding the proposal.

And yes. They essentially said "shove it".

Mac-7
09-13-2015, 11:09 AM
Actually there was already a response from the Mexican government regarding the proposal.

And yes. They essentially said "shove it".

Believe it or not but America does have leverage over Mexico

A determined president and congress can twist arms and get results

pragmatic
09-13-2015, 11:12 AM
It seems impossible to me that financially the US could deport that many people in 2 years.

We couldn't deport that many people in 10 years. Nor would it be a wise/attractive thing to even attempt. Proposals such as this one provide a simplistic broad brush sound bite for a very complex problem.

Certainly some warrant deporting. But of the overall total, it is a relatively small subset.

Mac-7
09-13-2015, 11:22 AM
We couldn't deport that many people in 10 years. Nor would it be a wise/attractive thinyg to even attempt. Proposals such as this one provide a simplistic broad brush sound bite for a very complex problem.

Certainly some warrant deporting. But of the overall total, it is a relatively small subset.

Everyone living here illegally should be deported

Peter1469
09-13-2015, 11:23 AM
Millions of people left Syria in a short period of time....

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 11:38 AM
No, they are greedy.

Whatever. You are blind...

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 11:40 AM

Illegal aliens don't have the skills to build skyscrapers and such. They are untrained. They take the lower skilled positions in the construction industry.

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 11:41 AM

He was joking.....

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 11:52 AM
There are at least 11 million of them, so there is no way they are not working on complicated projects throughout the country. That is just sheer probabilities. But they also work on farms, roofs, landscapes, and as general laborers, among many other jobs, all of which are very important to the economy. The problem is not that they are here working, the problem is that they are getting access to "welfare" that should be reserved for American citizens, so the solution is to simply cut off the welfare. Nothing else needs to be done in order to solve the problem.

They are not doing the higher skilled jobs in America. They are laborers and performing lower skill, lower paying jobs. Yes, they are working as cheap labor on farms and lower level residential construction projects. They are hod carriers for residential brick layers. They are working on landscape and yard maintenance crews.

Peter1469
09-13-2015, 11:56 AM
Illegal aliens don't have the skills to build skyscrapers and such. They are untrained. They take the lower skilled positions in the construction industry.

They move the trash out of the work area. Like teenagers use to do.

pragmatic
09-13-2015, 12:01 PM
They (the illegals) move the trash out of the work area. Like teenagers use to do.

And their presence (or not) would have little or no impact on Trump's construction business interests.

Which is where this whole line of conversation began....

Lineman
09-13-2015, 12:03 PM
Looks like Trump is pining to spend our money.

Let him pay for this project.

Mac-7
09-13-2015, 12:11 PM

Illegals cost billions for schools, welfare and emergency room visits

Deporting them would save money

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 12:14 PM
They move the trash out of the work area. Like teenagers use to do.

That too.

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 12:16 PM

Actually, securing our borders and enforcing immigration laws is a requirement of government.

Dr. Who
09-13-2015, 02:39 PM
How would it be any more secure after a war than before?

Mister D
09-13-2015, 02:43 PM

The border would be militarized, as least temporarily, and one would imagine that the political will to resist migration flows would then materialize. That is all that was ever lacking.

Dr. Who
09-13-2015, 02:45 PM
The border would be militarized, as least temporarily, and one would imagine that the political will to resist migration flows would then materialize. That is all that was ever lacking.
Seems like a rather drastic and expensive way to go about it.

Mister D
09-13-2015, 02:50 PM
Seems like a rather drastic and expensive way to go about it.

If the existence of historic America was not threatened I would agree.

PolWatch
09-13-2015, 06:03 PM

I guess you have never watched a major construction job.....They start in the dirt....with pilings & foundations and bricks. Ask Trump the % of laborers on any of those high-level jobs you think are manned by nothing but engineers. You are talking about something you know nothing about. Ask someone in construction who does most of the insulation work in major construction jobs. Are all illegals highly technical workers? nope....but it is estimated that at least 10% of the illegals are in white collar, computer jobs. Of course, they are from Asia or Central America so I guess they don't count.

Peter1469
09-13-2015, 06:06 PM

A secured border?

Dr. Who
09-13-2015, 06:12 PM
A secured border?
Massing military personnel all along the border would be too expensive to maintain for any length of time. Then what?

Peter1469
09-13-2015, 06:14 PM
A virtual wall with drones isn't very expensive. However, once Mexico learns its lesson, they will control their northern border like they control their southern border.

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 06:19 PM
I guess you have never watched a major construction job.....They start in the dirt....with pilings & foundations and bricks. Ask Trump the % of laborers on any of those high-level jobs you think are manned by nothing but engineers. You are talking about something you know nothing about. Ask someone in construction who does most of the insulation work in major construction jobs. Are all illegals highly technical workers? nope....but it is estimated that at least 10% of the illegals are in white collar, computer jobs. Of course, they are from Asia or Central America so I guess they don't count.

You really think that untrained and uneducated illegal aliens possess the skills to build high rise buildings? Really? They do the work which pays minimum wage in cash.

Mac-7
09-13-2015, 06:20 PM
Massing military personnel all along the border would be too expensive to maintain for any length of time. Then what?

Too expensive as compared to what?

Welfare, food stamps, hospitalization, housing and education for 100 million poor people from Latin America is expensive too.

IMPress Polly
09-13-2015, 06:23 PM
Peter wrote:

Here's the current survey data on the subject (http://www.pollingreport.com/immigration.htm).

As you can see, the pattern is quite consistent across all the polls: a large majority of Americans believe that the undocumented immigrants in this country should be either afforded a path to full citizenship or legal status, with the path to citizenship proposal having the largest support overall. Only about one-third of Americans support Trump's proposal to round up and deport them all.

Mac-7
09-13-2015, 06:30 PM
Here's the current survey data on the subject (http://www.pollingreport.com/immigration.htm).

As you can see, the pattern is quite consistent across all the polls: a large majority of Americans believe that the undocumented immigrants in this country should be either afforded a path to full citizenship or legal status, with the path to citizenship proposal having the largest support overall. Only about one-third of Americans support Trump's proposal to round up and deport them all.

But a president with control of congress can do what he thinks is best for America.

just ask obumer.

Ethereal
09-13-2015, 08:12 PM
Just because she can't see how does not mean it cant be done

This confirms my previous post that liberals are the surrender monkeys of the immigration issue

I guess I'm just a surrender monkey, because I think the mass deportation of millions of people would prove disastrous and unworkable.

For comparison's sake, the refugees who are pouring into Europe from Syria "only" number somewhere below 5 million. There is at least twice that amount of illegal immigrants in America, and it's not like they are all wearing a T-shirt that says, "Hey, I'm an illegal immigrant. Please deport me." The only way this could be accomplished would be a mass invasion of privacy throughout wide swaths of the country, and this could potentially precipitate mass instability and resistance, and not just from illegal immigrants. There will be American citizens getting caught up in this federal dragnet, simply because the federal government will make mistakes and errors in the process.

Just as a rough estimate, how many doors do you think the federal government would have to kick down before they located and removed every illegal immigrant in America?

Ethereal
09-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Everyone living here illegally should be deported

And everyone who drives over the speed limit "should" be given a ticket. But it doesn't happen, and for good reason.

Ethereal
09-13-2015, 08:18 PM

Good thing your say-so is meaningless as it regards the veracity of that proposition.

Ethereal
09-13-2015, 08:19 PM
They are not doing the higher skilled jobs in America. They are laborers and performing lower skill, lower paying jobs. Yes, they are working as cheap labor on farms and lower level residential construction projects. They are hod carriers for residential brick layers. They are working on landscape and yard maintenance crews.

Amazing that you know what 11 million people are not doing. You must possess supernatural powers of perception.

Ethereal
09-13-2015, 08:21 PM
Illegals cost billions for schools, welfare and emergency room visits

Deporting them would save money

Cutting off the welfare would save more money, and would be much easier to accomplish than deporting 11 million people.

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 08:27 PM
Amazing that you know what 11 million people are not doing. You must possess supernatural powers of perception.

I know they aren't taking up skilled labor jobs. Is that something new to you? Do you really think theyare highly skilled workers?

Ethereal
09-13-2015, 08:28 PM
Actually, securing our borders and enforcing immigration laws is a requirement of government.

Is it?

Immigration and freedom (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/2/andrew-napolitano-constitution-doesnt-give-governm/?page=all)
The Constitution does not delegate to the federal government power over immigration

[...]

But the Constitution itself — from which all federal powers derive — does not delegate to the federal government power over immigration, only over naturalization.

Thus, when the government’s motivation for enacting immigration laws is to further genuine compelling foreign policy goals, the laws will be upheld. But when the government’s motivation is nativism or fear or hatred or favoritism, strict scrutiny will operate to defeat those laws.

Shortly after the first federal immigration statute was enacted in the 1880s — the Chinese Exclusion Act — the Supreme Court ruled that aliens, whether here legally or illegally, are persons, and the Constitution protects all persons from governmental deprivation of life, liberty and property without due process.

In the same era, the court held that all babies born here of alien mothers are citizens.

The Fourteenth Amendment requires this, and its language is inclusive: “All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof are citizens of the United States…” Though written to protect former slaves, its language is not limited to them.

Some well-intended folks have argued that the language “all persons” doesn’t really mean “all” because it is modified by “and subject to the jurisdiction (of the United States).” But that language refers to the offspring of mothers who, though here, are still subject to a foreign government — like foreign diplomats, agents or military. It does not refer to those fleeing foreign governments. It does not — and cannot — impose an intent requirement upon infants.

My guess is that nearly “all persons” reading this are beneficiaries of this clause because they — you — were born here.

Ethereal
09-13-2015, 08:29 PM
I know they aren't taking up skilled labor jobs. Is that something new to you?

It's amazing that you could know what all of these +11 million people are and are not doing. Your powers of perception must be incredible, bordering on supernatural.

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tahuyaman

Is it?

Yes.

Ethereal
09-13-2015, 08:32 PM
Yes.

Where is the constitutional authority for the federal government to enact "immigration" laws?

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 08:33 PM
Not too long ago, people like you said that illegals were doing the low level jobs which Americans will not do. Now they are highly skilled. Make up your mind.

Ethereal
09-13-2015, 08:35 PM

Every big government policy is supposed to be temporary, but they almost always turn into permanent programs that grow exponentially over time.

Ethereal
09-13-2015, 08:36 PM
If the existence of historic America was not threatened I would agree.

11 million people, the vast majority of whom live here peacefully, are a threat to the existence of historic America?

As far as I can tell, white people already destroyed historic America ages ago.

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 08:39 PM
Where is the constitutional authority for the federal government to enact "immigration" laws?

Without secure borders, you don't have a country.

What is wrong with these left wing types? The things government is not required to do is the top priority and the things actually required are dismissed as waste. These people are freaking nuts.

Ethereal
09-13-2015, 08:39 PM
Not too long ago, people like you said that illegals were doing the low level jobs which Americans will not do. Now they are highly skilled. Make up your mind.

There are at least 11 million of them, so they are employed in a wide variety of roles throughout the economy. I would have thought that obvious.

Ethereal
09-13-2015, 08:40 PM
Without secure borders, you don't have a country.

What is wrong with these left wing types? The things government is not required to do is the top priority and the things actually required are dismissed as waste. These people are freaking nuts.

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 08:54 PM
There are at least 11 million of them, so they are employed in a wide variety of roles throughout the economy. I would have thought that obvious.
Yes, a wide range of low skilled labor.

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 08:55 PM

Are you really that stupid?

Ethereal
09-13-2015, 09:01 PM
Are you really that stupid?

I must admit, it was stupid of me to expect that you would provide any logic or evidence to support your position. My mistake.

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 09:45 PM
I must admit, it was stupid of me to expect that you would provide any logic or evidence to support your position. My mistake.

Do you really believe it's not a responsibility of government to secure borders and enforce immigration laws?

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 09:48 PM
The liberal mind is a mystery.

Ethereal
09-13-2015, 09:49 PM
Do you really believe it's not a responsibility of government to secure borders and enforce immigration laws?

The US Constitution does not enumerate a power to enact "immigration" laws, only uniform rules for naturalization. That is why there were no federal immigration laws in America until the 1880's.

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 10:14 PM
This guy thinks enacting and enforcing immigration laws and securing our borders is unconstitutional.
How can anyone have a rational debate with someone who believes that? It's impossible.

Tahuyaman
09-13-2015, 10:43 PM
It's hard to believe that some people think that government is not authorized to secure our borders or enact and enforce immigration laws. How incredible is that?

Common
09-13-2015, 10:59 PM
The US Constitution does not enumerate a power to enact "immigration" laws, only uniform rules for naturalization. That is why there were no federal immigration laws in America until the 1880's.

Ok but this isnt 1880 its 2015 and we have lots of immigration laws on the books that are not being enforced

I dont see how anyone can deny that its the govts responsibility to defend its border and uphold the laws

Peter1469
09-14-2015, 02:39 AM

The "uniform rules for naturalization" (Art. 1, sec. 8, U.S. Const.) covers immigration and arguably controlling the borders. Can a nation that does not have control over its borders be considered a sovereign state?

I have not looked into what the Founders meant by that phrase, but I would guess they meant states couldn't have different rules for naturalization of foreigners- it was a federal function.

AeonPax
09-14-2015, 04:47 AM
`
Mass deportation is just never going to happen. The cost is prohibitive and the social unrest it would cause makes it an extremely bad move.

PolWatch
09-14-2015, 06:15 AM
Several years ago Alabama enacted the strictest illegal immigration enforcement law in the nation. What happened? It was later changed & then ignored. Why? Because the politicians (in their usual wisdom) didn't THINK about what it would do to the state economy. The agricultural industry in the state nearly went out of business because the rabid enforcement procedures caused even the legal workers to avoid the state. Produce rotten in the fields, some farmers & construction companies went out of business. If you want to see the economy of this nation crash, elect Trump and tell him to round up and deport all illegals. Our economy is too dependent on cheap, easily exploitable labor to deport these people without a lot of planning.

Turn off the welfare programs and start fining the employers of illegals. If there are no jobs or benefits, there is no reason to sneak into this nation.

Cigar
09-14-2015, 08:16 AM

I guess we'll never know :laugh:

Mac-7
09-14-2015, 08:55 AM
I guess I'm just a surrender monkey, because I think the mass deportation of millions of people would prove disastrous and unworkable.

For comparison's sake, the refugees who are pouring into Europe from Syria "only" number somewhere below 5 million. There is at least twice that amount of illegal immigrants in America, and it's not like they are all wearing a T-shirt that says, "Hey, I'm an illegal immigrant. Please deport me." The only way this could be accomplished would be a mass invasion of privacy throughout wide swaths of the country, and this could potentially precipitate mass instability and resistance, and not just from illegal immigrants. There will be American citizens getting caught up in this federal dragnet, simply because the federal government will make mistakes and errors in the process.

Just as a rough estimate, how many doors do you think the federal government would have to kick down before they located and removed every illegal immigrant in America?

You just pretend its too difficult to do because you don't want do it under any circumstances easy or not.

There will be many legal battles as the ACLU and la raza try to block any moves to deport anyone but that is a price most Americans are willing to pay because the alternative of uncontrolled migration is far worse.

Cigar
09-14-2015, 08:57 AM
You just pretend its too difficult to do because you don't want do it under any circumstances easy or not.

There will be many legal battles as the ACLU and la raza try to block any moves to deport anyone but that is a price most Americans are willing to pay because the alternative of uncontrolled migration is far worse.

Tell us, how did Republican Administrations handle Illegal Immigration when they were in power?

Mac-7
09-14-2015, 09:03 AM
Tell us, how did Republican Administrations handle Illegal Immigration when they were in power?

Not very well.

Cigar
09-14-2015, 09:04 AM
Not very well.

Good, so we now know it's not a Republican vs Democrat thang :wink:

Mac-7
09-14-2015, 09:16 AM

Not at the grassroots level where many democrats want action too.

And even in Washington where the repub establishment wishes trump and the opposition to amnesty would just go away.

But that only shows how out of touch they are with the real world.

valley ranch
09-15-2015, 01:15 PM
Operation Wetback 1954 worked pretty well, illegals were gathered up and dropped off at the border with what they were wearing, the rest put what they had gathered into their pickup and drove back.

Our immigration laws are just, anyone who breaks the first American law they face is just that, a lawbreaker, should be fined and deported.

President Eisenhower, good man, good president.

Mac-7
09-15-2015, 08:04 PM
Operation Wetback 1954 worked pretty well, illegals were gathered up and dropped off at the border with what they were wearing, the rest put what they had gathered into their pickup and drove back.

Our immigration laws are just, anyone who breaks the first American law they face is just that, a lawbreaker, should be fined and deported.

President Eisenhower, good man, good president.

America was the first and only country to put men on the moon.

we can protect our border if we set our mind to.

Tahuyaman
09-15-2015, 09:19 PM

Republicans didnt recruit them them and usher them to the nearest voting booth though.

Cigar
09-16-2015, 08:41 AM

I'll take that bet .... :laugh:

Mac-7
09-16-2015, 08:47 AM
I'll take that bet .... :laugh:

Maybe trump can only deport half of them in two years.

But even that would still be a vast improvement over obumer holding the door open for them and saying "Come on in!"