PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't The GOP showcase how well their policies work at The GOP Convention?

Cigar
08-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Why isn't the Republican Party proud of all the policy achievements over the 8 years they held the Presidency?

Why isn't George W Bush speaking at the National Convention?

Why isn't Richard Bruce "Dick" Cheney speaking at the National Convention?

Where Sarah Palin and War Hero John McCain in the GOP plans?

Why isn't anyone taking credit for the 8 years of Republicans in The White House?

Hello ... is anyone there?

Cigar
08-14-2012, 07:58 AM
Looks like there's no showcasing from the fans hear also ... :Skeert:

Mainecoons
08-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Two bad administrations make a good one in your mind?

Cigar
08-14-2012, 08:42 AM
That explains why the GOP is pushing the same polices.

Thanks

Mainecoons
08-14-2012, 11:59 AM
The same policies as what? Bush?

Nope. And certainly not the same policies as the failed Obama administration.

patrickt
08-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Why doesn't President Obama admit he's been President for the last three years?

Mainecoons
08-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Interesting, isn't it? They have boundless things to say about Ryan's proposal to fix Medicare and Social Security but have yet to offer a plan of their own.

Fortunately, my friend Cigar and his other similarly ignorant friends are going to see to it that there is no reform and hence my wife and I and our generation can suck those puppies dry while he pays big taxes into the Ponzis for the next 30 years or so, only to find when he gets there that there won't be much left. We, on the other hand, are going to get a whole lot more of his money than he is since we are already well into the black with these entitlements. Why the hell would we want them reformed?

It took me a while to realize just what a generous if totally unwitting benefactor my friend Cigar is and from here on out, I will not speak ill of him. He's out there spending his "working" hours trying to save my benefits! What a guy!! :rofl:

Cigar
08-14-2012, 02:29 PM
:finger: how about answering the question or are you going to dance.

Mainecoons
08-14-2012, 02:34 PM
I answered your question, amigo. More specifically, I think you will find that many Republicans, and particularly the Libertarian kind, see the Bush Repubublicrat era as not something America could be proud of.

Now you answer mine--is it OK for the Obama administration to be as bad or worse because the Bush one was? Yes or no.

And thanks again. My wife will be getting a knee operation soon on your nickel. :grin:

Peter1469
08-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Hopefully the GOP is returning to its Constitutional roots and abandoning Bush's "compassionate conservationism", aka Statism.