PDA

View Full Version : Selling weed at gas stations

OGIS
09-15-2015, 09:44 AM
Buying weed at the gas station? A new kind of Colorado convenience storeThe next big marijuana trend may have just hit the ground running in Colorado Springs. Soon, people there will be able to get gas and buy weed.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/09/14/gas-grass-native-roots-colorado-marijuana-shops/40800/#disqus_thread

I am absolutely opposed to this idea, and for the exact same reason I have always opposed selling booze at gas stations. It puts in conjunction two states that should never be put together: driving and reduced judgement & reaction time.

That being said, I am also aware of the fact that, as far as driving is concerned, pot is less disabling than booze. It is still not a good idea to mix the two.

exotix
09-15-2015, 09:47 AM
I don't think this is what conservatives had in mind when it comes to States Rights.

Captain Obvious
09-15-2015, 10:06 AM
Fucking potheads...

OGIS
09-15-2015, 10:12 AM
$#@!ing potheads...

$#@!ing boozeheads...

Ethereal
09-15-2015, 10:16 AM
Just because someone buys something at a gas station does not mean they have to use the product immediately after purchasing it. I've bought beer at the gas station dozens of times in my life and every time I've brought it back to the house before I drank. People just need to chill the hell out and stop worrying so much about every little thing that has the potential for harm.

Private Pickle
09-15-2015, 10:20 AM
I don't think this is what conservatives had in mind when it comes to States Rights.

Yeah it is.

Captain Obvious
09-15-2015, 10:20 AM
Just because someone buys something at a gas station does not mean they have to use the product immediately after purchasing it. I've bought beer at the gas station dozens of times in my life and every time I've brought it back to the house before I drank. People just need to chill the hell out and stop worrying so much about every little thing that has the potential for harm.

You'll love this - I bought a gun at Walmart (they sell guns in rural PA Walmarts) and after the mandatory background checks and shit, I was able to purchase the gun but the store manager carried it out to the parking lot where he then handed it to me.

Tahuyaman
09-15-2015, 10:21 AM

Exactly.

I guess the people who support no alcohol sales at gas stations want liquor stores to eliminate parking lots?

Tahuyaman
09-15-2015, 10:22 AM

Why not?

Safety
09-15-2015, 10:23 AM
You'll love this - I bought a gun at Walmart (they sell guns in rural PA Walmarts) and after the mandatory background checks and shit, I was able to purchase the gun but the store manager carried it out to the parking lot where he then handed it to me.

Every box retailer I've bought a gun from does this. Gander Mtn, Dick's, Cabela's, etc.

Captain Obvious
09-15-2015, 10:26 AM
Every box retailer I've bought a gun from does this. Gander Mtn, Dick's, Cabela's, etc.

It's bizarre.

They did that when I bought a pellet gun too.

Safety
09-15-2015, 10:27 AM
It's bizarre.

They did that when I bought a pellet gun too.

Lawyers.

OGIS
09-15-2015, 10:30 AM

Of course it doesn't. Yet I have seen that exact scenario played out dozens, if not hundreds of times. My son-in-law manages a 7-11. That is his main rant topic: some guy buys a six pack of bud, gets in the car, pops one open and chugs it. Then pops open another, starts the car, and zooms off.

By all means, let us encourage stupid behavior, particularly if it endangers the lives of innocent people both inside and outside the car.

Tahuyaman
09-15-2015, 10:31 AM
You'll love this - I bought a gun at Walmart (they sell guns in rural PA Walmarts) and after the mandatory background checks and $#@!, I was able to purchase the gun but the store manager carried it out to the parking lot where he then handed it to me.

I recently purchased a Kahr 9mm at Wholesale Sports Warehouse. I paid for it, showed my ID and concealed carry permit and they put it in the case, placed it in a bag and I carried it out the door.

Tahuyaman
09-15-2015, 10:33 AM
Of course it doesn't. Yet I have seen that exact scenario played out dozens, if not hundreds of times. My son-in-law manages a 7-11. That is his main rant topic: some guy buys a six pack of bud, gets in the car, pops one open and chugs it. Then pops open another, starts the car, and zooms off.

By all means, let us encourage stupid behavior, particularly if it endangers the lives of innocent people both inside and outside the car.

Should people be required to either walk or take public transportation to and from a liquor store?

OGIS
09-15-2015, 10:34 AM
You'll love this - I bought a gun at Walmart (they sell guns in rural PA Walmarts) and after the mandatory background checks and $#@!, I was able to purchase the gun but the store manager carried it out to the parking lot where he then handed it to me.

It helps prevent their customers from getting gunned down by trigger happy Thug Cops.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/09/25/ohio-wal-mart-surveillance-video-shows-police-shooting-and-killing-john-crawford-iii/

exotix
09-15-2015, 10:35 AM
Why not?
Well quit kidding ... only Sen. Aqua Budda has to be beholden to gas & weed ... LOL

Tahuyaman
09-15-2015, 10:38 AM

Why not?

Well quit kidding ... only Sen. Aqua Budda has to be beholden to gas & weed ... LOL

Why do you refuse to even try to explain your comment?

exotix
09-15-2015, 10:39 AM
Why do you refuse to even try to explain your comment?A lab monkey has more sense than you ... http://i62.tinypic.com/14o56ia.gif

Safety
09-15-2015, 10:40 AM
A lab monkey has more sense than you ... http://i62.tinypic.com/14o56ia.gif

Why do you hate lab monkeys?

Captain Obvious
09-15-2015, 10:41 AM

Are you saying that lab monkeys are intelligently inferior to wild monkeys?

Speciest.

Tahuyaman
09-15-2015, 10:44 AM
Why do you refuse to even try to explain your comment?

you're a quick one.

Tahuyaman
09-15-2015, 10:46 AM
Are you saying that lab monkeys are intelligently inferior to wild monkeys?

Speciest.

no, he's demonstrating his jealousy of the intelligence of lab monkeys.

Captain Obvious
09-15-2015, 10:47 AM
So, when can I buy gas at the weed station?

Tahuyaman
09-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Why do you hate lab monkeys?

the same reason you hate wealthy people. He thinks they are superior to him and he's jealous.

exotix
09-15-2015, 10:48 AM
So, when can I buy gas at the weed station?
When they invent a car that runs on weed ... LOL

Ethereal
09-15-2015, 10:50 AM

So where are they supposed to sell alcohol then? Why must society be punished for the actions of a few idiots?

Captain Obvious
09-15-2015, 10:52 AM
So where are they supposed to sell alcohol then? Why must society be punished for the actions of a few idiots?

It's what progressives do best.

Somebody's gotta pay, and it's always going to be the easy targets.

Tahuyaman
09-15-2015, 10:52 AM

Because that's what busy-bodies do.

Crepitus
09-15-2015, 10:59 AM
Yeah it is.
Not until recently. LOL.

Private Pickle
09-15-2015, 11:02 AM
Not until recently. LOL.

Nah. For true Conservatives this has been the case for a long time...

Crepitus

What makes you think the same people don't do that in the liquor store parking lot?

Crepitus
Nah. For true Conservatives this has been the case for a long time...
So until recently there have only been like 6 "true conservatives"?

Private Pickle
09-15-2015, 11:04 AM
So until recently there have only been like 6 "true conservatives"?

Give or take. Christian Conservatives tend to put their morals before the rights of others. I don't consider them Conservatives at that point.

Crepitus
09-15-2015, 11:06 AM
Give or take. Christian Conservatives tend to put their morals before the rights of others. I don't consider them Conservatives at that point.
OK, I'll give ya that.

Safety
09-15-2015, 11:17 AM
the same reason you hate wealthy people. He thinks they are superior to him and he's jealous.

Here you go again....show where I said or implied that I hate wealthy people.

Tahuyaman
09-15-2015, 11:19 AM
Then you are envious of the intelligence of lab monkey's. I don't care.

Cigar
09-15-2015, 12:14 PM

Don't worry, more States Rights are coming. :laugh:

Safety
09-15-2015, 12:19 PM
Then you are envious of the intelligence of lab monkey's. I don't care.

Stop farting and calling it a thought then.

donttread
09-15-2015, 03:38 PM

Why not you can buy far more dangerous drugs at a gas station already

Peter1469
09-15-2015, 05:17 PM

That is what they did where I grew up.

sachem
09-15-2015, 05:27 PM
I thought the title meant OGIS had a new job selling weed at gas stations.

Captain Obvious
09-15-2015, 05:27 PM
I thought the title meant OGIS had a new job selling weed at gas stations.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he meant.

Common
09-15-2015, 06:00 PM
Buying weed at the gas station? A new kind of Colorado convenience store

The next big marijuana trend may have just hit the ground running in Colorado Springs. Soon, people there will be able to get gas and buy weed.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/09/14/gas-grass-native-roots-colorado-marijuana-shops/40800/#disqus_thread

I am absolutely opposed to this idea, and for the exact same reason I have always opposed selling booze at gas stations. It puts in conjunction two states that should never be put together: driving and reduced judgement & reaction time.

That being said, I am also aware of the fact that, as far as driving is concerned, pot is less disabling than booze. It is still not a good idea to mix the two.

Great point and you put it in a perspective I never gave any thought too. Buying gas and alcohol or a psychotropic that really doesnt make good sense.

Private Pickle
09-15-2015, 06:04 PM
Great point and you put it in a perspective I never gave any thought too. Buying gas and alcohol or a psychotropic that really doesnt make good sense.

There are already laws against driving under the influence. No need to have the government stick its nose into private commerce more than necessary.

OGIS
09-15-2015, 08:19 PM

Here's the thing: there is such a thing as "giving psychological permission." Once upon a time you could get the following at a gas station: gas. Then some bright bulb added oil, then repair. And finally another bright bulb figured out that people buy a lot of snack foods and sodas and cigarettes when they drive.

And all these things were (and still are) associated with driving.

So then they added beer, wine and hard liquor. I can't prove it, only have the anecdotal evidence of myself and my SIL, but I am pretty damned sure that booze sales at gas stations account for a good percentage of the DUIs and traffic deaths each year.

Doing the same with weed is not quite as dumb, since the joke ("drunks run red lights, stoners wait at green lights") captures the essential nature of the two forms of inebriation (judgement is not as affected on pot). But it is still dumb.

Think about selling booze at a gas station being rather like selling guns and ammo at 3rd world soccer matches. "Hey, of course they will wait until they get home before firing the guns! Of course!"

OGIS
09-16-2015, 10:33 AM
There are already laws against driving under the influence. No need to have the government stick its nose into private commerce more than necessary.

There are laws against shooting people. So you would be OK with selling guns and ammo at soccer matches?

Private Pickle
09-16-2015, 10:34 AM
There are laws against shooting people. So you would be OK with selling guns and ammo at soccer matches?

Sure.

Tahuyaman
09-16-2015, 10:40 AM

Soccer match? I'm ok with that, but certainly not at an NBA game.

Should driving to a liquor store be illegal?