PDA

View Full Version : The Eternal Fight For Freedom

Philly Rabbit
08-14-2012, 01:24 PM
The southern kinfolk (The Scotch Americans in the south) .. the good guys are outnumbered by a substantial margin.

The Yankees (The English) are the bad guys on the other side of the battlefield.

http://youtu.be/enwqNa39DqE

Agravan
08-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Robert E Lee - great man and Southern hero. We need more like him. Especially now.

Mister D
08-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Grant was of Scotch Irish descent but I doubt a Tidewater gentleman like Lee was.

Philly Rabbit
08-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Grant was of Scotch Irish descent but I doubt a Tidewater gentleman like Lee was.

I'm sorry sir but Grant was King Abraham's minion (one of them) who had to resort to total war on the southern people themselves to finally defeat them.

Others included Sherman .. Sheridan .. and Stanton plus a host of others.

Mister D
08-14-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry sir but Grant was King Abraham's minion (one of them) who had to resort to total war on the southern people themselves to finally defeat them.

Others included Sherman .. Sheridan .. and Stanton plus a host of others.

That may be so but he was of Scotch-Irish extraction.

Philly Rabbit
08-14-2012, 02:30 PM
That may be so but he was of Scotch-Irish extraction.

I should have stuck to your point.

Apologies.

Mister D
08-14-2012, 02:31 PM
I should have stuck to your point.

Apologies.

I'm somewhat of a southern sympathizer.
:smiley:

Peter1469
08-14-2012, 04:30 PM
I am partial to Sherman. He even recognized what he was doing: "From what I was taught at West Point, I should be hung as a war criminal."

Philly Rabbit
08-15-2012, 12:59 PM
I am partial to Sherman. He even recognized what he was doing: "From what I was taught at West Point, I should be hung as a war criminal."

Georgia and Carolina have always been especially fond of Sherman.

............. For some reason.

Philly Rabbit
08-16-2012, 06:34 AM
The war against the south was a family thing.

When the Yankees attacked the south, it's white population was about five and a half million .. about the size of the population of Georgia.

But the kinfolk featured large families and those families became one family when the Yankee wolves started breaking down the homestead door.

No man fights fiercer and more determined than a man who's standing on his own ground.