PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Cornyn calls for special counsel to investigate Clinton emails

Professor Peabody
09-15-2015, 06:24 PM
Sen. Cornyn calls for special counsel to investigate Clinton emails

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A top Republican called Tuesday for Attorney General Loretta Lynch to name a special prosecutor to oversee the investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton’s emails, saying Americans need greater assurance that any wrongdoing will be investigated without fear of political influence from President Obama and his team.

Sen. John Cornyn, the second-ranking Republican in the upper chamber, said Mrs. Clinton’s public denials about having sent classified information have “proved untrue” and it’s incumbent on the Obama administration to look beyond political considerations and name an outside investigator.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/15/sen-cornyn-calls-special-counsel-investigate-clint/

Our new Attorney General has remained curiously silent during the whole Clinton eMail debacle. I don't know if that's good or bad. She could be remaining silent with the intent of investigating OR she could be waiting to see if it blows over and needs not take any action whether laws were broken or not. As more information comes spilling out, at some point she will have to take action even if it's a white wash attempt.

Is AG Loretta Lynch's connection to Bill Clinton saving Hillary Clinton?

Scott Paulson | Conservative Examiner

Before becoming attorney general under President Barack Obama, Lynch served as U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York. It was her second time holding that job. The first time she was appointed to that job, she was appointed by Hillary Clinton’s husband. She was appointed by former President Bill Clinton in 1999. Again, the notion that there is a conflict of interest in Lynch calling the shots to investigate a Clinton is incredible.

http://www.examiner.com/article/is-ag-loretta-lynch-s-connection-to-bill-clinton-saving-hillary-clinton

I just don't know if Ms. Lynch can be objective and do the right thing. However, her silence so far is troubling. AG Lynch needs to appoint a special counsel, there by recusing herself from the situation.

Crepitus
09-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Cool! a replacement Benghazi!

Professor Peabody
09-15-2015, 06:30 PM
Cool! a replacement Benghazi!

Sorry, they're tied together.

Crepitus
09-15-2015, 06:45 PM
Sorry, they're tied together.
Yea yea yea....Wonk Wonk Wonk.

Professor Peabody
09-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Yea yea yea....Wonk Wonk Wonk.

Is that all ya got?

Crepitus
09-15-2015, 06:52 PM
Is that all ya got?
Got more important things to do than run this circle-jerk again.

del
09-15-2015, 07:00 PM
this is the best thing to happen since the 47th vote to repeal obamacare or the 11th benghazi investigation.

i wonder how it will end?

note to self: more popcorn

Professor Peabody
09-15-2015, 07:08 PM
Got more important things to do than run this circle-jerk again.

Translation = I've got nuthin for a debate and am to immature to admit it.

Peter1469
09-15-2015, 07:14 PM
Is this Chinagate 2.0? Any large numbers of Chinese rich people and business interests donating to the Clinton Foundation (the donations that have not been shielded).

Crepitus
09-15-2015, 10:26 PM
Translation = I've got nuthin for a debate and am to immature to admit it.
Whatever you think Pal.

Tahuyaman
09-15-2015, 10:36 PM
Our new Attorney General has remained curiously silent during the whole Clinton eMail debacle.

I just don't know if Ms. Lynch can be objective and do the right thing. However, her silence so far is troubling.

I think her silence on this is completely appropriate. I would be troubled if she was to make a bunch of public comments. I actually think she's an improvement over the racist clown she replaced.

As of yet, this doesn't need a special counsel assigned. It may in the future, but it's not at that point yet.

TrueBlue
09-15-2015, 10:48 PM
Our new Attorney General has remained curiously silent during the whole Clinton eMail debacle. I don't know if that's good or bad. She could be remaining silent with the intent of investigating OR she could be waiting to see if it blows over and needs not take any action whether laws were broken or not. As more information comes spilling out, at some point she will have to take action even if it's a white wash attempt.

I just don't know if Ms. Lynch can be objective and do the right thing. However, her silence so far is troubling. AG Lynch needs to appoint a special counsel, there by recusing herself from the situation.

What Cornyn needs to do first and foremost is to have Special Counsel appointed to investigate his fellow Republicans first with many questions still lingering about their activities while in office. Not doing that will only show the people what a purely partisan move this is on his part against a Democratic candidate for president.

Professor Peabody
09-16-2015, 12:28 AM
Whatever you think Pal.

The facts speak for themselves.

Professor Peabody
09-16-2015, 12:30 AM
What Cornyn needs to do first and foremost is to have Special Counsel appointed to investigate his fellow Republicans first with many questions still lingering about their activities while in office. Not doing that will only show the people what a purely partisan move this is on his part against a Democratic candidate for president.

They have done nothing wrong..................Your girl has!

Crepitus
09-16-2015, 06:50 AM
The facts speak for themselves.
Suuuure they do.