PDA

View Full Version : Navajos slam Obama for inaction

Professor Peabody
09-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Navajos slam Obama for inaction

By Kevin Cirilli - 09/16/15 01:52 PM EDT

The president of the Navajo Nation slammed President Obama and Democrats for deserting the tribe's 300,000 people after the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) accidentally polluted a river the tribe depends on, leaving one-third of the reserve's drinking water unsafe.

In an exclusive interview with The Hill, Navajo Nation President Russell Begaye again called on Obama and administration officials to declare the San Juan River a disaster zone.

EPA officials have insisted the toxins have been diluted. But Begaye said he “doesn't buy it.” He argues toxins are seeping into ranchers' soil and threatening livestock and crops.

“There's no way we can guarantee that the drinking water is safe,” he said.

“We are asking the Democratic Party to have President Obama declare the river a disaster area — and we haven't gotten anything. Nothing,” he said. “The Democrats? I don't know what happened. We basically are Democrats. We always vote Democrat. But it seems like they've just walked away. And we're not hearing anything that's of value to us from the Democrats.”

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/253842-navajos-slam-obama-for-inaction

You won't either Mr. Begaye. How can you shame the shameless? The Democrats will never...ever...ever admit their beloved EPA did more harm than good. It's just not going to happen. So, if you think you can shame them into it......you can't shame the shameless. The best you can do is court the Republicans and take those RINO wimps to task. They seem to cave on everything. Let them know what you expect of them and tell 'em you're not happy with the Democrats and will vote for those who will help you. The Democrats only pretend they care...........they DON'T!

Peter1469
09-22-2015, 05:58 PM
What does Big Chief Warren say about this?

http://satireworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Elizabeth-Warren-0035.jpg

Safety
09-22-2015, 06:07 PM
#fauxcahontaslivesmatter

Ethereal
09-22-2015, 07:28 PM
Some tribe members think it was done on purpose in order to drive them off the land, which is sitting on top of lots of resources. I certainly wouldn't put it past the central government to do something like that.

I think tribes across the country should be given their own independent, sovereign countries as restitution for all the land that was taken from them and their ancestors. They don't have to be huge or anything. It would be like having a few dozen tribal Luxemborgs within America.

Bob
09-22-2015, 07:35 PM
Some tribe members think it was done on purpose in order to drive them off the land, which is sitting on top of lots of resources. I certainly wouldn't put it past the central government to do something like that.

I think tribes across the country should be given their own independent, sovereign countries as restitution for all the land that was taken from them and their ancestors. They don't have to be huge or anything. It would be like having a few dozen tribal Luxemborgs within America.

Legally that is the set-up right now.

The EPA refused to sit at the same table with the Indians. She refused to apologize to them. She got two chances to apologize and refused. Gina McCarthy is who I am talking of.

http://www2.epa.gov/aboutepa/administrator-gina-mccarthy