PDA

View Full Version : Honest Gil for President

Chris
09-23-2015, 08:00 PM
If candidates were honest...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=109&v=NAtunJv6NtE

Common
09-23-2015, 08:20 PM
sigh even if we did get an honest president, everything around him would make him dishonest

whatukno
09-23-2015, 08:22 PM
See, this is exactly why everyone needs to write me in as president. for the lulz.

Chris
09-23-2015, 08:28 PM
sigh even if we did get an honest president, everything around him would make him dishonest

Yes, I think the problem is systemic. The video is really directed at how money corrupts politics, it does, but so does power corrupt it. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupt absolutely--Lord Acton.

Common
09-23-2015, 08:32 PM
Yes, I think the problem is systemic. The video is really directed at how money corrupts politics, it does, but so does power corrupt it. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupt absolutely--Lord Acton.

Chris it now takes hundreds of millions to get elected. I believe there are many "newly" first time elected people that go into it wanting to do a good job and with honest intentions. I believe the pressure to fall into line is so great they all bend because the realization hits 4 or 6 yrs from now im going to need MILLIONS all over again.

I think a truly honest president could only do so much with our dishonest congress same applies to him, in 4 yrs hes going to need hundreds of millions more. Its a vicious cycle the system is completely one sided FOR the rich.

Common Sense
09-23-2015, 08:33 PM
Chris it now takes hundreds of millions to get elected. I believe there are many "newly" first time elected people that go into it wanting to do a good job and with honest intentions. I believe the pressure to fall into line is so great they all bend because the realization hits 4 or 6 yrs from now im going to need MILLIONS all over again.

I think a truly honest president could only do so much with our dishonest congress same applies to him, in 4 yrs hes going to need hundreds of millions more. Its a vicious cycle the system is completely one sided FOR the rich.

It's a horrible cycle. Only made worse by things like Citizens United.

Chris
09-23-2015, 08:39 PM

Yes, so it's systemic. In order to get in the game, you must play by the rules of corruption and sell out to the highest bidders. I don't think an honest, non-corrupt person could get into any higher office, Congress or Administration.

Chris
09-23-2015, 08:40 PM

Why not regulate power? Why is the answer always regulate wealth?

Common
09-23-2015, 08:42 PM

Citizens United was the last straw, scotus gave the country to the 1%

Common
09-23-2015, 08:44 PM
Yes, so it's systemic. In order to get in the game, you must play by the rules of corruption and sell out to the highest bidders. I don't think an honest, non-corrupt person could get into any higher office, Congress or Administration.

I think a few can get in but they cant stay in staying honest. I dont see any salvation for the mass' of americans. The 1% and their pacs own elections. Its proven spending millions negative ads work because most americans are mindless lamers and believe those ads and one minute negative tv snippets.

Common
09-23-2015, 08:45 PM
Why not regulate power? Why is the answer always regulate wealth?

How do you regulate just power, when power comes from wealth. How do you regulate power when wealth owns those that vote or enough of those that vote. Chris every avenue collides with the rich 1% The only way to control the power is to control the money that fuels it.

Common
09-23-2015, 08:46 PM
This isnt a partisan thing its both

donttread
09-24-2015, 10:34 AM
If candidates were honest...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=109&v=NAtunJv6NtE

How true!

Chris
09-24-2015, 10:43 AM
How do you regulate just power, when power comes from wealth. How do you regulate power when wealth owns those that vote or enough of those that vote. Chris every avenue collides with the rich 1% The only way to control the power is to control the money that fuels it.

I don't know, the Constitution?