Peter1469
09-27-2015, 09:29 AM
Starting now.

Matty
09-27-2015, 09:30 AM
Thank you.

Subdermal
09-27-2015, 10:35 AM
Total role reversal - after Ignoring the Nation for years.

Matty
09-27-2015, 10:57 AM
Total role reversal - after Ignoring the Nation for years.

I heard him him say they heard the public but that the way things work the public had unrealistic expectations. So either we change our expectations or we change Washington.

Subdermal
09-27-2015, 11:05 AM
I heard him him say they heard the public but that the way things work the public had unrealistic expectations. So either we change our expectations or we change Washington.

The statement was a complete deflection. When Boehner was lobbying for the Speaker position, he proclaimed to Tea Party Reps that "he would never let them down".

That's 100% the reverse of what happened. Boehner reviles Ted Cruz, and there is no better Representative of the Tea Party than Cruz.

Matty
09-27-2015, 11:10 AM
The statement was a complete deflection. When Boehner was lobbying for the Speaker position, he proclaimed to Tea Party Reps that "he would never let them down".

That's 100% the reverse of what happened. Boehner reviles Ted Cruz, and there is no better Representative of the Tea Party than Cruz.
But what does the house have to do with Cruz? And the house passed many bills that failed in the Senate. So who failed who?

Subdermal
09-27-2015, 11:21 AM
But what does the house have to do with Cruz? And the house passed many bills that failed in the Senate. So who failed who?

I'm just drawing a parallel between what Boehner says, and what Boehner did. How could Boehner possibly claim loyalty to Tea Party politicians and openly disdain Ted Cruz?

And Boehner's failures didn't arise from bills that died in the Senate - and we know that said bills didn't die because of anything Cruz did. The failure arose of Boehner's lack of desire to openly challenge Obama's agenda, and surrender before even fighting.