PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Bernie Sanders' Essay: Women 'Fantasize About Being Raped'

Professor Peabody
09-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Sen. Bernie Sanders' Essay: Women 'Fantasize About Being Raped'

Dan Joseph | May 28, 2015 7:32am ET

In a 1972 essay (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/05/young-bernie-sanders-liberty-union-vermont), presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT) opined that men fantasized about women being abused. He also claimed that women fantasized about being gang raped.

In terms of his understanding of female sexual fantasies, Sanders provided similar insight.

"A woman enjoys intercourse with her man--as she fantasizes about being raped by 3 men simultaneously."

Read more at: http://www.mrctv.org/blog/sanders-men-fantsize-about-women-being-abused

If this came to light regarding ANY Republican candidate, not only would his campaign be over but he'd be hounded out of Congress by the media and women's right's groups as well. Somehow, Bernie gets a pass. Crickets from the major media outlets sans a few who published articles how Bernie recants the article he wrote and published.

The hypocrisy is breath taking.

Subdermal
09-27-2015, 12:46 PM
That is quite the nugget to hold on to for later.

Professor Peabody
09-27-2015, 02:25 PM
Feel the Bern!

Peter1469
09-27-2015, 02:26 PM
He was a young hippy.

whatukno
09-27-2015, 02:47 PM
I once knew a girl who had that fantasy. She was kinky as fuck, safe words and all. She wanted me to break in, tie her up, blindfold her, and have my way. weird chick.

Though I seriously doubt a lot of women share that fantasy. I know I was uncomfortable with it, and I never went as far as she wanted.

Green Arrow
09-27-2015, 07:16 PM
This is old news, it's already been refuted a hundred times.

Cigar
09-27-2015, 08:01 PM
If this came to light regarding ANY Republican candidate, not only would his campaign be over but he'd be hounded out of Congress by the media and women's right's groups as well. Somehow, Bernie gets a pass. Crickets from the major media outlets sans a few who published articles how Bernie recants the article he wrote and published.

... and we talking about a legitimate Rape? :huh:

Because I'm sure this will be a big game changer that will cause a live long Democrat to Vote Republican.

Professor Peabody
09-28-2015, 03:58 AM
... and we talking about a legitimate Rape? :huh:

Because I'm sure this will be a big game changer that will cause a live long Democrat to Vote Republican.

For Sanders to even presume he know women "want" to be raped is going to turn off a whole lot of women.........feel the Bern!

Professor Peabody
09-29-2015, 02:39 PM
So tell us Liberal ladies........tell us of your rape fantasies.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 05:10 PM
He was a young hippy.

Now he's an elderly hippy.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 05:11 PM
For Sanders to even presume he know women "want" to be raped is going to turn off a whole lot of women.........feel the Bern!

Liberals can explain this away. It's no big deal to them.

Green Arrow
09-29-2015, 05:13 PM

Why should something minor that happened in 1972 be a big deal? Should we judge all candidates based on what they did when they were in their 20s?

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 05:16 PM

Why should something minor that happened in 1972 be a big deal? Should we judge all candidates based on what they did when they were in their 20s?

I thought I'd at least need to wait 10 minutes for that one to come true.

exotix
09-29-2015, 05:16 PM
The Bernie Sanders 'Rape Fantasy' Essay, Explained

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/05/29/410606045/the-bernie-sanders-rape-fantasy-essay-explained

The essay by the Vermont senator, who officially kicked off his presidential campaign this week, isn't long — only a page. Warning: The bit about rape comes at the very beginning, as does some not-totally-safe-for-work language:

"A man goes home and masturbates his typical fantasy. A woman on her knees, a woman tied up, a woman abused.
"A woman enjoys intercourse with her man — as she fantasizes being raped by 3 men simultaneously.
"The man and woman get dressed up on Sunday — and go to Church, or maybe to their 'revolutionary' political meeting.
"Have you ever looked at the Stag, Man, Hero, Tough magazines on the shelf of your local bookstore?
Do you know why the newspaper with the articles like 'Girl 12 raped by 14 men' sell so well?
To what in us are they appealing?"

Sanders then goes on to explain his ideas about gender roles and eventually gets at a sharper point — that traditional gender roles help create troubling dynamics in men's and women's sex lives.

"Many women seem to be walking a tightrope," he writes, as their "qualities of love, openness, and gentleness were too deeply enmeshed with qualities of dependency, subservience, and masochism."

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2015/05/29/474898042-c2cc1abf86dc30d8c5ee09811b58fad983da1f26-s800-c85.jpg

exotix
09-29-2015, 05:20 PM
Liberals can explain this away. It's no big deal to them.It would be like teawads burning out all the parts in the Bible that don't conform to their beliefs.

GrassrootsConservative
09-29-2015, 05:21 PM
If a Conservative had said this their reputation would be absolutely obliterated.

But Bernie is a beloved Lib so he gets a pass. Double standards galore.

exotix
09-29-2015, 05:23 PM
If a Conservative had said this their reputation would be absolutely obliterated.

Well the tea party manifesto is a fine piece of work ... LOL

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 05:24 PM
It would be like teawads burning out all the parts in the Bible that don't conform to their beliefs.

Did you ever tell Peter what your favorite color is? I guessed fucia or maybe mauve.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Well the tea party manifesto is a fine piece of work ... LOL

Tea Party ManifestoBY BEN HOFFMANHere is the Tea Party Manifesto as defined by the Tea Party Patriots

1. Protect the Constitution
Require each bill to identify the specific provision of the Constitution that gives Congress the power to do what the bill does. (82.03%)
2. Reject Cap & Trade
Stop costly new regulations that would increase unemployment, raise consumer prices, and weaken the nation’s global competitiveness with virtually no impact on global temperatures. (72.20%)
3. Demand a Balanced Budget
Begin the Constitutional amendment process to require a balanced budget with a two-thirds majority needed for any tax hike. (69.69%)
4. Enact Fundamental Tax Reform
Adopt a simple and fair single-rate tax system by scrapping the internal revenue code and replacing it with one that is no longer than 4,543 words — the length of the original Constitution. (64.90%)
5. Restore Fiscal Responsibility & Constitutionally Limited Government in Washington
Create a Blue Ribbon taskforce that engages in a complete audit of federal agencies and programs, assessing their Constitutionality, and identifying duplication, waste, ineffectiveness, and agencies and programs better left for the states or local authorities, or ripe for wholesale reform or elimination due to our efforts to restore limited government consistent with the US Constitution’s meaning. (63.37%)
6. End Runaway Government Spending
Impose a statutory cap limiting the annual growth in total federal spending to the sum of the inflation rate plus the percentage of population growth. (56.57%)
7. Defund, Repeal, & Replace Government-run Health Care
Defund, repeal and replace the recently passed government-run health care with a system that actually makes health care and insurance more affordable by enabling a competitive, open, and transparent free-market health care and health insurance system that isn’t restricted by state boundaries. (56.39%)
8. Pass an All-of-the-Above Energy Policy
Authorize the exploration of proven energy reserves to reduce our dependence on foreign energy sources from unstable countries and reduce regulatory barriers to all other forms of energy creation, lowering prices and creating competition and jobs. (55.51%)
9. Stop the Pork
Place a moratorium on all earmarks until the budget is balanced, and then require a 2/3 majority to pass any earmark. (55.47%)
10. Stop the Tax Hikes
Permanently repeal all tax hikes, including those to the income, capital gains, and death taxes, currently scheduled to begin in 2011. (53.38%)

I know you really object to that part about "protecting the constitution" if that doesn't tell you who they are, what does. The nerve!

Green Arrow
09-29-2015, 05:40 PM

It would be just as wrong if he was a conservative. What happened 40 years ago happened 40 years ago, it has no bearing on them now.

GrassrootsConservative
09-29-2015, 05:50 PM
It would be just as wrong if he was a conservative. What happened 40 years ago happened 40 years ago, it has no bearing on them now.

Yet you recently ostracized @nathanbforrest45 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=891) for something the person his moniker is taken from did a lot longer ago than that.

Food for thought.

GrassrootsConservative
09-29-2015, 05:50 PM
Duplicate post.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 06:00 PM

thats why the liberals all went so crazy when they discovered GW Bush got a DUI decades earlier.

GrassrootsConservative
09-29-2015, 06:19 PM
thats why the liberals all went so crazy when they discovered GW Bush got a DUI decades earlier.

Like I said, double standards galore.

Professor Peabody
09-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Feel the Bern!

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 06:30 PM
The left digs for decades old dirt on every conservative who dares to challenge their policy ideas or views. For somevreadon, their past is off limits.

Now that Jeb Bush said that he smoked weed when he was young, I'm waiting for some liberal loon claim he's not fit for office because he may experience a marijuana flashback.

Green Arrow
09-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Yet you recently ostracized @nathanbforrest45 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=891) for something the person his moniker is taken from did a lot longer ago than that.

Food for thought.

No, actually, I criticized him for idolizing someone who did that. There's a difference.

Should I be criticized for going by the handle "Hitler"?

Green Arrow
09-29-2015, 06:46 PM

They went nuts about that for the same reasons conservatives are going nuts about this: partisanship. Anything and everything to avoid debating the issues.

Green Arrow
09-29-2015, 06:47 PM
The left digs for decades old dirt on every conservative who dares to challenge their policy ideas or views. For somevreadon, their past is off limits.

Now that Jeb Bush said that he smoked weed when he was young, I'm waiting for some liberal loon claim he's not fit for office because he may experience a marijuana flashback.

Why not? Conservatives still haven't stopped mocking Barack Obama for his own experience with marijuana.

As GrassrootsConservative said, there are double standards galore...on both sides.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 06:49 PM
They went nuts about that for the same reasons conservatives are going nuts about this: partisanship. Anything and everything to avoid debating the issues.
in reality conservatives don't give a shit about what Sanders said or wrote decades ago because he's immaterial today. He's not going to be the nominee, so he doesn't matter.

Some are just pointing out the hyporcicy of the liberals on this one.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 06:54 PM
Why not? Conservatives still haven't stopped mocking Barack Obama for his own experience with marijuana.

As @GrassrootsConservative (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=478) said, there are double standards galore...on both sides.

I haven't heard anyone talk about Obama's drug using days other than himself.

Green Arrow
09-29-2015, 07:02 PM
I haven't heard anyone talk about Obama's drug using days other than himself.

You haven't heard it. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

zelmo1234
09-29-2015, 07:12 PM

THE KEY NUMBER IS 1972 I THINK IN THAT YEAR, THE LONE RANGER WAS MY FAVORITE CANDIDATE.

Give me a break. I am no Democrat but 1972??????

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 07:34 PM
You haven't heard it. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

It would help if you used an example of something which really does happen.

Green Arrow
09-29-2015, 07:39 PM
It would help if you used an example of something which really does happen.

I did.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 07:44 PM
No one criticizes Obama for doing drugs " enthusiastically", his word, as a teenager. That was something which was brought up in 2007 / 08 It's been off the radar screen since his election.

Left wingers are always creating these strawmen when it comes to Obama.

Green Arrow
09-29-2015, 07:49 PM
No one criticizes Obama for doing drugs " enthusiastically", his word, as a teenager. That was something which was brought up in 2007 / 08 It's been off the radar screen since his election.

The Blaze talked about it in 2012 (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/06/18/rare-photo-of-barack-obama-the-choom-gang-unearthed/). Also, Breitbart brought it up in 2014 (http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2014/08/02/choom-gang-reunion/).

As I said before...your ignorance of it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 08:07 PM
The Blaze talked about it in 2012 (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/06/18/rare-photo-of-barack-obama-the-choom-gang-unearthed/). Also, Breitbart brought it up in 2014 (http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2014/08/02/choom-gang-reunion/).

As I said before...your ignorance of it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

what? In passing?

You are making an issue out of nothing. And you know it.

Green Arrow
09-29-2015, 08:29 PM
what? In passing?

You are making an issue out of nothing. And you know it.

I'm not the one making an issue out of nothing.

Professor Peabody
09-29-2015, 08:51 PM
THE KEY NUMBER IS 1972 I THINK IN THAT YEAR, THE LONE RANGER WAS MY FAVORITE CANDIDATE.

Give me a break. I am no Democrat but 1972??????

So you have proof Sanders no longer thinks that way?

Professor Peabody
09-29-2015, 08:52 PM

He's burnt toast and it shows.

Green Arrow
09-29-2015, 09:30 PM
So you have proof Sanders no longer thinks that way?

The fact that this is the only instance of such views (and that it's not even a big instance to begin with) seems to be proof enough.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 10:25 PM
I'm not the one making an issue out of nothing.

whatever you say.

Professor Peabody
09-30-2015, 03:08 AM
The fact that this is the only instance of such views (and that it's not even a big instance to begin with) seems to be proof enough.

For you maybe.

Green Arrow
09-30-2015, 08:18 AM
For you maybe.

No, for any rational person. If it was something he believed, you'd be able to find more than one instance where he expressed those beliefs. You can't, ergo there's no reason to think he believes it.

Professor Peabody
09-30-2015, 11:42 AM
No, for any rational person. If it was something he believed, you'd be able to find more than one instance where he expressed those beliefs. You can't, ergo there's no reason to think he believes it.

I'd be with you if it was just something he said way back then. However, he felt strongly enough about it to sit down, write and publish those beliefs in a newspaper article. That's a lot different than simply saying something in passing.

Green Arrow
09-30-2015, 12:27 PM
I'd be with you if it was just something he said way back then. However, he felt strongly enough about it to sit down, write and publish those beliefs in a newspaper article. That's a lot different than simply saying something in passing.

...in 1972. And never again before or after. Obviously he didn't feel that strongly about it.

AeonPax
09-30-2015, 12:35 PM
`
I learned about this about year ago. If this is news to the people here, it is proof positive how uninformed you are. This is not new and other than the predictable childish reaction from the less than lucid right here, it hasn't changed a thing in the Sanders campaign nor his growing amount of supporters.

Professor Peabody
09-30-2015, 12:47 PM
...in 1972. And never again before or after. Obviously he didn't feel that strongly about it.

That you know of.........

texan
09-30-2015, 01:52 PM
The Bernie Sanders 'Rape Fantasy' Essay, Explained

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/05/29/410606045/the-bernie-sanders-rape-fantasy-essay-explained

The essay by the Vermont senator, who officially kicked off his presidential campaign this week, isn't long — only a page. Warning: The bit about rape comes at the very beginning, as does some not-totally-safe-for-work language:

"A man goes home and masturbates his typical fantasy. A woman on her knees, a woman tied up, a woman abused.
"A woman enjoys intercourse with her man — as she fantasizes being raped by 3 men simultaneously.
"The man and woman get dressed up on Sunday — and go to Church, or maybe to their 'revolutionary' political meeting.
"Have you ever looked at the Stag, Man, Hero, Tough magazines on the shelf of your local bookstore?
Do you know why the newspaper with the articles like 'Girl 12 raped by 14 men' sell so well?
To what in us are they appealing?"

Sanders then goes on to explain his ideas about gender roles and eventually gets at a sharper point — that traditional gender roles help create troubling dynamics in men's and women's sex lives.

"Many women seem to be walking a tightrope," he writes, as their "qualities of love, openness, and gentleness were too deeply enmeshed with qualities of dependency, subservience, and masochism."

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2015/05/29/474898042-c2cc1abf86dc30d8c5ee09811b58fad983da1f26-s800-c85.jpg

hard to refute those quotes greeny.

texan
09-30-2015, 01:59 PM
Listen other than a little fun is there anyone here that hasn't done something galactically stupid? Everyone messes up, we are also a product of our times. Example Jefferson had slaves, EVERYONE had slaves. We don't need to remove all evidence of him or history. Lighten up people.

Green Arrow
09-30-2015, 03:15 PM
That you know of.........

I'm sure if there were other examples, you would have found them by now.

Green Arrow
09-30-2015, 03:16 PM
hard to refute those quotes greeny.

If you read the whole thing, he makes the point that those are fucked up fantasies and that they are a sign of a larger problem. He's not promoting it.

texan
09-30-2015, 03:19 PM
I remember he answered, but don;t remember what he said about it..................its the crazy season. Give me real issues.

Green Arrow
09-30-2015, 03:21 PM
I remember he answered, but don;t remember what he said about it..................its the crazy season. Give me real issues.

My preference is to deal with real issues, too. Obama smoked pot in college. George W. Bush spent most of his college years drinking and doing coke. Bernie Sanders wrote a well-meaning but terribly worded essay in 1972 about gender roles. Ronald Reagan sucked as governor. I lied a lot as a little kid.

Who gives a fuck? Let's talk about the issues.

texan
09-30-2015, 03:27 PM
I like trumps tax plan for some specific reasons. That is an issue.

Professor Peabody
10-03-2015, 03:00 PM
Listen other than a little fun is there anyone here that hasn't done something galactically stupid? Everyone messes up, we are also a product of our times. Example Jefferson had slaves, EVERYONE had slaves. We don't need to remove all evidence of him or history. Lighten up people.

Jefferson had slave because everyone had slaves is one thing, but do you think everyone comes out publicly and says women want to be raped? Try another example.

Green Arrow
10-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Jefferson had slave because everyone had slaves is one thing, but do you think everyone comes out publicly and says women want to be raped? Try another example.

That wasn't the point of the article. The point of the article was that gender norms produce some fucked up fantasies in some people, and that's a bad thing.

texan
10-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Professor do you really think a guy like sanders meant it the way you are making it or more like what green says? Don't participate in crazy season, there are enough people saying crazy things today. It was 40 years ago!

Not it that it won't be used against him unfairly by opponents from either side. They reported that Hillary has some dirt on old Joe she will leak, old girlfriend kind of stuff while married.

OGIS
10-03-2015, 09:51 PM
I once knew a girl who had that fantasy. She was kinky as $#@!, safe words and all. She wanted me to break in, tie her up, blindfold her, and have my way. weird chick.

Though I seriously doubt a lot of women share that fantasy. I know I was uncomfortable with it, and I never went as far as she wanted.

Had a similar situation back in college, except she swung both ways. After she got her fill of being "raped by her fascist police interrogator" she would get out the latex and felt whip and go all dominatrix on me. It was exhausting keeping up with her.

Professor Peabody
10-04-2015, 04:06 AM
If you read the whole thing, he makes the point that those are $#@!ed up fantasies and that they are a sign of a larger problem. He's not promoting it.

The larger problem may be mental illness.

Professor Peabody
10-04-2015, 04:07 AM
Had a similar situation back in college, except she swung both ways. After she got her fill of being "raped by her fascist police interrogator" she would get out the latex and felt whip and go all dominatrix on me. It was exhausting keeping up with her.

Do you still seek out a dominatrix?