PDA

View Full Version : Water gun fight in a park? Iran sees dark designs

Mister D
09-06-2011, 12:48 PM
The Iranian regime seems pretty brittle.

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran is trying to put down a new wave of civil disobedience — flash mobs of young people who break into boisterous fights with water guns in public parks. A group of water fighters was arrested over the weekend, and a top judiciary official warned Monday that "counter-revolutionaries" were behind them.

Police swooped in to arrest a number of people who had gathered on Friday in a Tehran park to hold a water fight, the acting commander of Iran's police Gen. Ahmad Radan said, quoted in newspapers on Monday.

Snip

But even some conservatives who are strong supporters of Islamic rule thought arresting young people was going too far.

"I feel bad when I see some youth were detained for water fights. Those who support such detentions think the Islamic system is somehow very fragile," said Mohammad Reza Zaeri, a conservative cleric, on a state TV talk show recently.

Lawmaker Mohammad Hossein Moghimi, another conservative, said young people were holding water fights because of a lack of other entertainment and because of so many other restrictions on them.

"Sometimes, we make it too hard for people and constrict them, so they react," he said. "We have to make people comfortable."

http://news.yahoo.com/water-gun-fight-park-iran-sees-dark-designs-150629272.html

Conley
09-06-2011, 07:19 PM
They are losing their grip...starting to get as nutty as the North Koreans.

I guess isolation will do that to you?

Mister D
09-06-2011, 07:29 PM
They are losing their grip...starting to get as nutty as the North Koreans.

I guess isolation will do that to you?

The regime certainly perceives itself as weak and they appear apprehensive about their future. Why else would something like this provoke such a reaction?

MMC
09-07-2011, 12:31 AM
I take it the Easter Egg Hunt is off for next year! >:D

wingrider
09-07-2011, 01:24 AM

and while you are at it

cancel Christmas

MMC
09-07-2011, 08:44 AM

and while you are at it

cancel Christmas

:D What no rocket's red glare? >:D

Juggernaut
09-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Jeese, did the water guns come from Israel? :D

Someone should teach the iranians about snipe hunting and Sasquatch. Imagine the look on their faces seeing big footsteps. :o

Mister D
09-08-2011, 08:43 AM

Someone should teach the iranians about snipe hunting and Sasquatch. Imagine the look on their faces seeing big footsteps. :o

:D

Juggernaut
09-09-2011, 06:15 AM

:D

:D They'd blame the CIA. :D And so would the NY Times.