PDA

View Full Version : Its time again to support the Fair Tax initiative - here's why....

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 12:16 PM
The TrumpTard has rolled out his tax plan and while it is an improvement to the old code, it is still part of the abomination of a 70,000 page pile of unintelligible nonsense soon to be even larger thanks to the Don.

The solution has NEVER been to tweak what already exists, but rather, to abolish it and unleash the massive economic prosperity that would encompass such a law.

Let's look at it item by item.

First let's take a look at what Fair Tax means. The tax would replace all other income taxes, including the taxes that you might not be aware you're paying, such as payroll taxes that are currently collected and delivered to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) by your employer. If you're self-employed, you already know this is a tax that's more than 15 percent; even if you're employed by a company, you're getting 7.5 percent or more deducted from your paycheck on a regular basis.

What you might not know is that your employer is matching that deduction and paying another 7.5 percent to the IRS, meaning that the total taxation on you, just from employment taxes alone, is around 15 percent. These are estimates, by the way, I know the actual numbers are higher, but I'm trying to simplify this just to make it easier to follow.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/003592.html#ixzz3n9HrxxYU

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 12:18 PM
The next important point about the Fair Tax is that it would make all goods and services less expensive (initially). When you go to the grocery store and buy groceries, you would find them to be a lot less expensive. That's because there are taxes on all of the foods and grocery products that you purchase. And this is true across all products, not just groceries: automobiles, recreational products and services, travel, housing, clothing and so on.

Every product or service that you purchase has a much higher price than it normally would because the providers of those products and services are also paying payroll taxes for their employees, and their employees are paying additional taxes. So, if you add up all of these taxes, the prices on the products and services that you're buying today are actually inflated by the accumulation of all of these hidden taxes. These hidden taxes would disappear under the Fair Tax.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/003592.html#ixzz3n9IjmLi7

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 12:19 PM
One of the best things about the Fair Tax is that this consumption is your choice. In other words, you can choose how much tax you wish to pay by changing your consumption patterns. If you don't wish to pay much tax, it's very easy: all you have to do is live on the cheap. If you would like to fund the federal government with more dollars, you can simply choose to spend more.

And of course, wealthy people tend to spend a lot more money than lower-income people, meaning that it is the wealthy people who will be spending more money and paying more taxes to the federal government, just as it should be in a fair and just society.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/003592.html#ixzz3n9J1IQM3

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 12:20 PM
By switching to a Fair Tax system, we eliminate the taxes on investment in the U.S. This would bring in an avalanche of wealth to our shores, because suddenly the income is no longer taxed on that money, so investors and ultra-wealthy individuals would bring all of their billions of dollars from offshore accounts back into the U.S. to seek out new investment opportunities.

Those investment opportunities would be found in helping business owners invest in better business practices. A lot of this money would go to small businesses, into publicly traded stocks, and into new venture ideas that would create new jobs and create new employment for America. This is a fantastic benefit that is often overlooked when people discuss the Fair Tax.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/003592.html#ixzz3n9JGrW8E

Common
09-29-2015, 02:08 PM
The fair tax is code for giving the rich a windfall at the expense of everyone else. Screw the unfair right wing fair tax

Peter1469
09-29-2015, 02:42 PM
I am all for the Fair Tax. Everyone benefits from it. The poor could make out very well if they bought used items when possible.

Mac-7
09-29-2015, 02:42 PM
The biggest problem I have with the fair tax is the monthly refund check the government sends out to low income people to offset the taxes they pay inder the Fair Tax.

That is a guranteed cluster fuck.

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 03:04 PM
The fair tax is code for giving the rich a windfall at the expense of everyone else. Screw the unfair right wing fair tax

That's just nonsense. How would they be paying less? No more loopholes, no more deductions and every time they buy their luxury goods they pay a huge tax on them.

Here, perhaps you didn't read the article which I would expect from liberals:

And of course, wealthy people tend to spend a lot more money than lower-income people, meaning that it is the wealthy people who will be spending more money and paying more taxes to the federal government, just as it should be in a fair and just society.

And yet, even wealthy people will have the freedom to choose how much tax they wish to pay. If they would like to reduce their tax burden, they can simply lower their consumption and buy a Toyota instead of an Audi, for example, or live in a 2,000 square foot home instead of a 6,000 square foot home.

However, if they wish to live in a very large home, or drive a nice car, or wear a $1,000 suit, or carry a $600 purse, that is their free choice, and if they choose to live in luxury, they will be funding public projects that ultimately benefit low-income people who don't operate at that high level of consumption.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/003592.html#ixzz3n9yL6UzO

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 03:07 PM
I am all for the Fair Tax. Everyone benefits from it. The poor could make out very well if they bought used items when possible.

The poor would no longer be poor. They would benefit tremendously from the economic boom that would ensue because Corporations, who pass ALL their costs onto us, would no longer have a tax burden or have to spend billions complying with a tax code that is out of control and filled with Government advanced favoritisms.

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 03:10 PM
The biggest problem I have with the fair tax is the monthly refund check the government sends out to low income people to offset the taxes they pay inder the Fair Tax.

That is a guranteed cluster $#@!.

I disagree; nothing could be as big of a cluster than the current 70,000 page mess. A prebate is simplicity compared to that.

First off, one of the criticisms of the Fair Tax --from people who don't understand how it works -- is that lower income people would pay a larger percentage of their income to the federal government because they would spend a larger percentage of their income on food, closing, housing and so on.

But that's simply not the case. In the Fair Tax plan, there is a fixed rebate that goes back to each citizen each year. This rebate might be equal to $500 or $1,000 per citizen, and it would nullify the sales tax on low income people, meaning that they would end up paying absolutely zero tax. So this is the best tax plan of all for low-income people, since they would end up paying no tax whatsoever.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/003592.html#ixzz3nA01GBC4

Chris
09-29-2015, 03:13 PM

Agree.

I like it too because it allows each person to choose how much taxes he pays. Buy used and avoid taxes.

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 03:15 PM
Another HUGE benefit of the Fair Tax:

Corporations are no longer required to pay a tax, which is passed along to all us willing sheeple in the price of their goods or services. For those on the left who still don't get it, corporations do not pay taxes, WE DO.

The cost of tax compliance under the current abomination is estimated to be as high as $809 BILLION dollars annually. Imagine, if you will, what releasing that amount now into the economy will do for job creation? It is almost scary.

• Approximately $31.5 billion in direct outlays (e.g. paying a professional tax preparer such as H&R Block or
purchasing tax soft ware) (2010 data).
• Total IRS administrative costs of $12.4 billion (2010 data).
• Th e Taxpayer Advocacy Service of the IRS estimates that individuals and businesses also spent 6.1 billion
hours complying with the fi ling requirements of the U.S. income tax code. We estimate the dollar value or cost
of these hours to be $377.9 billion as of 2008. Th e 6.1 billion hours number was estimated by multiplying
the number of copies of each form fi led in tax year 2008 by the average amount of time the IRS estimated it
took to complete the form.
• Individuals spent 3.16 billion hours complying with the income tax code, which weighted by time spent
by income group, costs the U.S. economy $216.2 billion annually.
• Businesses spent 2.94 billion complying with the business income tax code, which costs the U.S. economy
$161.7 billion.
• Comprehensive audits also impose an additional taxpayer burden of at least $9.3 billion annually.
http://www.laffercenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/2011-Laffer-TaxCodeComplexity.pdf

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 03:28 PM

It eliminates the largest contributor to influence peddling.....the abomination of a 70,000 page tax code used by politicians to benefit their contributors.

Redrose
09-29-2015, 03:31 PM
I support the Fair Tax, not the FLAT Tax.

I've prepared taxes, individual, business, and corporate since 1972. It's too complicated. As a former IRS auditor, I would love to see the system simplified, without all the tricky loopholes, and unfair practices.

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 03:35 PM
The poor would no longer be poor. They would benefit tremendously from the economic boom that would ensue because Corporations, who pass ALL their costs onto us, would no longer have a tax burden or have to spend billions complying with a tax code that is out of control and filled with Government advanced favoritisms.

Do you honestly think corporations would lower prices and pass on the savings to the consumer?

It would simply mean increased profits.

The natural news is a kook site, btw...

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 03:36 PM
I support the Fair Tax, not the FLAT Tax.

Amen!!

I've prepared taxes, individual, business, and corporate since 1972. It's too complicated. As a former IRS auditor, I would love to see the system simplified, without all the tricky loopholes, and unfair practices.

Even the IRS doesn't know what is contained in this abomination called the Tax Code.

If you gave TEN experts the same tax problem, most likely, they would come up with TEN different answers.

ABOLISH this abomination!! Tweaking it is for dimwits and dummies (like TrumpTard).

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 03:40 PM
Do you honestly think corporations would lower prices and pass on the savings to the consumer?

Its not about lowering prices. Do you honestly think that corporations pay the taxes assessed on them? Seriouslly???

These taxes they pay are an ADD-ON and YES, this would be reflected in their pricing because of a thing called.....wait for it.....COMPETITION!!

In addition, you would also get an automatic pay increase of 15% because the Corporation, and the taxpayer/employee, would no longer be paying a 15% employment SS tax.

.....because you say so. Got it. ::wink wink::

But whatever you do, attack the source and not the facts.....it's the Liberal way!

hanger4
09-29-2015, 03:40 PM

All it would take is ONE then all would fall in line or lose.

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 03:42 PM
Its not about lowering prices. Do you honestly think that corporations pay the taxes assessed on them? Seriouslly???

These taxes they pay are an ADD-ON and YES, this would be reflected in their pricing because of a thing called.....wait for it.....COMPETITION!!

In addition, you would also get an automatic pay increase of 15% because the Corporation, and the taxpayer/employee, would no longer be paying a 15% employment SS tax.

But whatever you do, attack the source and not the facts.....it's the Liberal way!

No, because you say so? Wink derp derp blah...

Go ahead, read natural news. Make sure not to vaccinate your kids and watch out for chemtrails and fluoride. Maybe it's already too late.

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 03:43 PM

Doubtful. The big boys are entrenched. It serves them all not to lower prices.

hanger4
09-29-2015, 03:51 PM
No, because you say so? Wink derp derp blah...

Go ahead, read natural news. Make sure not to vaccinate your kids and watch out for chemtrails and fluoride. Maybe it's already too late.

Then go to Fair Tax site .... https://fairtax.org/about/how-fairtax-works .... You act like you didn't know it exsited. :rolleyes:

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 03:53 PM

Translation: COMPETITION.

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 03:54 PM
Then go to Fair Tax site .... https://fairtax.org/about/how-fairtax-works .... You act like you didn't know it exsited. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I am not sure his schtick is an act.

hanger4
09-29-2015, 03:54 PM

Yeah I know, Target would never lower their prices to take sales away from Wal-Mart. :rollseyes:

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 03:55 PM

My issue with the fair tax is that the rate is so high that it will encourage tax evasion and an increased black market.

Common Sense
Yeah I know, Target would never lower their prices to take sales away from Wal-Mart. :rollseyes:

You ever wonder why the prices are almost always exactly the same? Off by maybe 5% here or there?

Truth Detector

So you stupidly believe that ALL Companies can be in collusion? :rolleyes:

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 03:56 PM
Sometimes I am not sure his schtick is an act.

Funny, I thought the same of you. We've had fake conservatives here that were caricatures of cons.

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 03:57 PM
So you stupidly believe that ALL Companies can be in collusion? :rolleyes:

I didn't say all companies. Did you stupidly think that I said that?

Peter1469
09-29-2015, 03:59 PM

If business A didn't lower prices after corporate taxes were gone, business B would steal their customers.

Truth Detector
My issue with the fair tax is that the rate is so high that it will encourage tax evasion and an increased black market.

How are you going to evade the tax when it is collected at the point of sale???? DUH

Like I said, the Fair Tax is the ONLY one that collects taxes from those currently NOT paying anything because they sell drugs or prostitute in the underground economy.

As for it being high, you're already getting hit with a 15% SS tax, 8.5% sales taxes, 25 to 36% Federal taxes and a vast number of various airport taxes, hotel taxes rental car taxes and the list goes on and on.

The notion that 20% is too high can only be made from an ignorant point of view that suggests you haven't read about the initiative and would prefer to continually rant ignorant about what it entails.

nic34
Basic Income Guarantee
http://www.usbig.net/whatisbig.php

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 04:00 PM
You ever wonder why the prices are almost always exactly the same? Off by maybe 5% here or there?

Yes, all the corporate heads get together and sit around this HUGE table to set prices on everything.....in Liberal loony land.

In reality land, the prices are similar because of a thing called COMPETITION and FREE MARKETS.

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 04:01 PM
If business A didn't lower prices after corporate taxes were gone, business B would steal their customers.

Unless business B also didn't lower prices.

I honestly doubt prices would go down. If they did, I doubt they would go down very far. A 30% tax on products certainly would be noticeable.

Peter1469
09-29-2015, 04:02 PM

I honestly doubt prices would go down. If they did, I doubt they would go down very far. A 30% tax on products certainly would be noticeable.

If businesses around me don't lower their prices I know what I am going to do. Start my own and take their customers.

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Funny, I thought the same of you. We've had fake conservatives here that were caricatures of cons.

You're perfectly welcome to PROVE how I am some sort of "fake" Conservative. I am always amused when Liberals divine themselves as the "deciders" of true Conservatism.

But spare me your vacuous intellectually empty ad homs based on your low information OPINIONS and containing nothing more than "because you say so."

nic34
09-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Taxed Enough Already are Ya?

The Conservative Case for a Guaranteed Basic Income

Creating a wage floor is an effective way to fight poverty—and it would reduce government spending and intrusion.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/08/why-arent-reformicons-pushing-a-guaranteed-basic-income/375600/

hanger4
09-29-2015, 04:04 PM

Same types of stores. Same type of overhead.

For you to believe corps won't lower their prices in this reguard you'd have to believe all are in collusion.

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 04:05 PM
Yes, all the corporate heads get together and sit around this HUGE table to set prices on everything.....in Liberal loony land.

In reality land, the prices are similar because of a thing called COMPETITION and FREE MARKETS.

It's certainly been done before. It's in their interests.

Roche and other European drug companies have done it.

American companies have done it as well.

I remember when a dozen or so airlines that handled cargo did it about ten years ago. Banks have done it, manufacturers have done it.

You just trust the invisible hand. Maybe it'll give you a reach around.

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 04:05 PM
I didn't say all companies. Did you stupidly think that I said that?

Ah yes, so when you stupidly claimed "The big boys are entrenched. It serves them all not to lower prices" you really didn't mean to say "them all"? DUH!

Good lord, you can't even remember your own dimwitted claims.

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 04:06 PM
You're perfectly welcome to PROVE how I am some sort of "fake" Conservative. I am always amused when Liberals divine themselves as the "deciders" of true Conservatism.

But spare me your vacuous intellectually empty ad homs based on your low information OPINIONS and containing nothing more than "because you say so."

I just thought the bravado and general asinine approach seemed over the top and fake. But clearly I was wrong.

Truth Detector
Basic Income Guarantee
http://www.usbig.net/whatisbig.php

What an incredibly stupid policy. I cannot imagine anything being more retarded than this one.

Common Sense
Ah yes, so when you stupidly claimed "The big boys are entrenched. It serves them all not to lower prices" you really didn't mean to say "them all"? DUH!

Good lord, you can't even remember your own dimwitted claims.

The ones who are relevant to one an other. Don't be stupid.

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 04:08 PM

Of course you don't believe competition doesn't cause downward pressure on prices.....you're a Liberal and lack the economic education to comprehend how the REAL world actually works.

Where did you come up with the 30% figure? Oh, that's right, you make up your crap as you go!!

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 04:10 PM
Taxed Enough Already are Ya?

The Conservative Case for a Guaranteed Basic Income

Creating a wage floor is an effective way to fight poverty—and it would reduce government spending and intrusion.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/08/why-arent-reformicons-pushing-a-guaranteed-basic-income/375600/

Government mandates regarding wage floors and minimum wages are stupid ideas for low information stupid and gullible people. We have had years of experience with this kind of nonsense and only fools never learn from experiments like these.

Please create your own thread and stop polluting this one with your nonsense and stick to arguing the topic.

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 04:11 PM
Of course you don't believe competition doesn't cause downward pressure on prices.....you're a Liberal and lack the economic education to comprehend how the REAL world actually works.

Where did you come up with the 30% figure? Oh, that's right, you make up your crap as you go!!

I got the 30% figure from the fair tax website. maybe you should know about the system you're promoting? It would be a good first step in not sounding stupid.

Peter1469
09-29-2015, 04:13 PM

I think the proposal is for a 23% in taxes.

If businesses don't lower prices, they may be subject to prosecution for collusion.

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 04:20 PM
I think the proposal is for a 23% in taxes.

If businesses don't lower prices, they may be subject to prosecution for collusion.

They claim you will end up paying 30%

[/URL]
I know the FAIRtax rate is 23 percent when compared to current income taxes. What will the rate of the sales tax be at the retail counter?

30 percent. This issue is often confusing, so we explain more here.

- See more at: [URL]https://fairtax.org/faq#sthash.4wzX55Jn.dpuf (https://fairtax.org/faq)

Chris
09-29-2015, 04:20 PM
https://fairtax.org/faq: 23%

No, you're right, 30%.

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 04:21 PM
Tax people at 30% (or 23%) and people will spend less and evade more. Black markets will love it.

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 04:23 PM
Would states tack on a fair tax as well?

Chris
09-29-2015, 04:26 PM

Would the feds drop income tax? :rollseyes:

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 04:26 PM
Would the feds drop income tax? :rollseyes:

Would states? :rollseyes:

hanger4
09-29-2015, 04:33 PM
Tax people at 30% (or 23%) and people will spend less and evade more. Black markets will love it.

That would only happen of businesses didn't lower prices and that's a silly notion.

Chris
09-29-2015, 04:44 PM
Would states? :rollseyes:

Texas ain't got a sales tax.

It's been years since this old topic came up. IIRC, state and fed sales tax would be combined but don't quote me on that.

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 04:50 PM
To me it's fairly clear that it would be a great benefit to the very rich, probably not much of a change to the middle class and a burden to the poor.

I think it would decrease consumer spending and create a larger black market.

I do agree the tax code needs simplification. I don't think this is the way.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 04:53 PM
The big government left will not allow a flat tax, or fair tax system to be implemented. With them, the purpose of taxes is not to bring in revenues, but to have power over people and businesses. Period.

If there was a simplified tax code which simply took 10 to 15% of your earnings with no deductions, government would lose much of its power.

A flat tax would result in the wealthy actually paying more money in taxes than they are right now, but the economic growth realized would off set that dramatically.

But again, it will never happen because too many people have been hoodwinked and fooled by those who created the current system.

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 04:55 PM
Texas ain't got a sales tax.

It's been years since this old topic came up. IIRC, state and fed sales tax would be combined but don't quote me on that.

Not according to Texas...

http://comptroller.texas.gov/taxinfo/local/rateinfo.html

Mac-7
09-29-2015, 05:05 PM
I disagree; nothing could be as big of a cluster than the current 70,000 page mess. A prebate is simplicity compared to that.

First off, one of the criticisms of the Fair Tax --from people who don't understand how it works -- is that lower income people would pay a larger percentage of their income to the federal government because they would spend a larger percentage of their income on food, closing, housing and so on.

But that's simply not the case. In the Fair Tax plan, there is a fixed rebate that goes back to each citizen each year. This rebate might be equal to $500 or $1,000 per citizen, and it would nullify the sales tax on low income people, meaning that they would end up paying absolutely zero tax. So this is the best tax plan of all for low-income people, since they would end up paying no tax whatsoever.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/003592.html#ixzz3nA01GBC4

The rebate sounds innocent but knowing the incompetence of government workers i can only guess how the professional needy needy class will game the system.

Plus it will condition more people to expect handouts from the government.

Mac-7
09-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Not according to Texas...

http://comptroller.texas.gov/taxinfo/local/rateinfo.html

Texas does not have an income tax but does have a sales tax.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 05:09 PM
The big government left will not allow a flat tax, or fair tax system to be implemented. With them, the purpose of taxes is not to bring in revenues, but to have power over people and businesses. Period.

If there was a simplified tax code which simply took 10 to 15% of your earnings with no deductions, government would lose much of its power.

A flat tax would result in the wealthy actually paying more money in taxes than they are right now, but the economic growth realized would off set that dramatically.

But again, it will never happen because too many people have been hoodwinked and fooled by those who created the current system.

To me it's fairly clear that it would be a great benefit to the very rich, probably not much of a change to the middle class and a burden to the poor.

There's a perfect example of how those who wield the power have fooled people into believing that going to a flat tax would harm the regular folks out there.

So, the only way to institute such a system would be by force.

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 05:13 PM
There's a perfect example of how those who wield the power have fooled people into believing that going to a flat tax would harm the regular folks out there.

So, the only way to institute such a system would be by force.

People have to eat, do they not?

You are being fooled into thinking it would be a benefit to you. The reality is it would be a benefit to the very wealthy.

This is an interesting article about states with no income tax...

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/state-with-no-income-tax-better-or-worse-1.aspx

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 05:21 PM
That's what I'm talking about. Government has given us this mamoth system and at the same time indoctrinated people into believing they did it to protect them against the evil, greedy, soulless machine.

Millions of of people have fallen for it because it's easy to feel like a victim.

Common Sense
09-29-2015, 05:22 PM
LOL...yes, I've heard a lot of people talk like victims here.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Look at the comments here. Someone actually insinuates that if a flat tax is instituted, people will no longer be able to feed themselves.

Why do they think this? Becasue the people who have created the current system and rely on it have indoctrinated them into thinking that. The only people benefiting from the current system are the ones who are supporting the current system. They have an invested interest in creating as many people as possible who will oppose eliminating their cash cow.

Peter1469
09-29-2015, 05:41 PM
The Fair Tax rests on the assumption that the Income Tax will be repealed. Otherwise we are asking to be raped.

Chris
09-29-2015, 05:49 PM
The Fair Tax rests on the assumption that the Income Tax will be repealed. Otherwise we are asking to be raped.

Right, if the Fair Tax Act passes then it would repeal the 14th.

Peter1469
09-29-2015, 05:51 PM

A Constitutional Amendment is needed to repeal the income tax. 16th. Amendment.

hanger4
09-29-2015, 05:53 PM

Has to.

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 07:20 PM
I got the 30% figure from the fair tax website. maybe you should know about the system you're promoting? It would be a good first step in not sounding stupid.

You don't comprehend very well:

I know the FAIRtax rate is 23 percent when compared to current income taxes. What will the rate of the sales tax be at the retail counter? 

30 percent. This issue is often confusing, so we explain more here.

When income tax rates are quoted, economists call that a tax-inclusive quote: “I paid 23 percent last year.” For every $100 earned, $23 went to Uncle Sam. Or, “I had to make $130 to have $100 to spend.” That’s a 23-percent tax-inclusive rate.

We choose to compare the FairTax to income taxes, quoting the rate the same way, because the FairTax replaces such taxes. That rate is 23 percent.

- See more at: https://fairtax.org/faq#sthash.QCjBmPAj.dpuf

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 07:20 PM
I just thought the bravado and general asinine approach seemed over the top and fake. But clearly I was wrong.

Clearly and happens quite often.....

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 07:22 PM

No they wont; because they will be taking home much more pay. They will not be paying a Federal Tax rate of at least 23% nor the Social Security taxes at 15%.

I do wish you could be honest and informed.

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 07:23 PM

Wrong on all counts.....par for the course.

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 07:24 PM

States are free to do whatever the States choose to do as it relates to taxes. Do you foolishly think they will not have a source of revenue suddenly?

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 07:25 PM
The rebate sounds innocent but knowing the incompetence of government workers i can only guess how the professional needy needy class will game the system.

Plus it will condition more people to expect handouts from the government.

So you are uninterested in fixing the problem....got it.

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 07:26 PM
LOL...yes, I've heard a lot of people talk like victims here.

The working people are not the victims here; the dullards who idolize and worship Big Government theft and handouts are.

Truth Detector
09-29-2015, 07:27 PM

It REQUIRES that:

Could we end up with both the FairTax and an income tax? 

No current supporter of the FairTax would support the FairTax unless the entire income tax is repealed. Moreover, concurrent with the repeal of the income tax, a constitutional amendment repealing the 16th Amendment and prohibiting an income tax will be pushed through Congress for ratification by the states (filed as HJR 16 in the 110th Congress).
- See more at: https://fairtax.org/faq#sthash.QCjBmPAj.dpuf

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 07:46 PM

Of course. It also rests on the assumption that the current tax code will be scrapped.

Bob
09-29-2015, 07:48 PM

Actually the lower classes get a fat check. They don't get screwed at all.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2015, 07:49 PM
I prefer a flat tax of 10 to 15% with no deductions for anything. No bracketing, everyone pays the same rate. Period.

Chris
09-29-2015, 08:05 PM
I prefer a flat tax of 10 to 15% with no deductions for anything. No bracketing, everyone pays the same rate. Period.

That too would be better than what we have.

Redrose
09-29-2015, 08:15 PM
Amen!!

Even the IRS doesn't know what is contained in this abomination called the Tax Code.

If you gave TEN experts the same tax problem, most likely, they would come up with TEN different answers.

ABOLISH this abomination!! Tweaking it is for dimwits and dummies (like TrumpTard).

We were in class 16 weeks each year just to keep up with the tax code. We needed a solid working knowledge. Ambiguous redundancy.

Mac-7
09-30-2015, 01:17 AM
So you are uninterested in fixing the problem....got it.

I want to fix the problem but the Fair Tax does not sound like the answer to me.

As someone else already suggested, the Flat Tax sounds better.