PDA

View Full Version : Clinton’s email woes deepen as classified messages pile up

Professor Peabody
09-30-2015, 10:45 PM
Clinton’s email woes deepen as classified messages pile up

The number of emails now marked classified doubled with the latest release.

By Josh Gerstein and Nick Gass | 09/30/15 08:32 AM EDT | Updated 09/30/15 08:18 PM EDT

The controversy over Hillary Clinton's use of personal email while she was secretary of state is showing no signs of easing, as the number of messages now deemed classified doubled with the State Department's latest release and as more details emerged about the potential vulnerability of her account.

The number of emails now considered classified total more than 400, with three of the 215 newly classified documents marked as SECRET — the middle tier of the national security classification system. While Clinton has maintained that she never received or forwarded messages that were marked classified at the time, critics have argued that the use of a private email account and server put her in a precarious position when dealing with sensitive materials.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/hillary-clinton-email-state-department-release-214246

It's content of the eMails that make them classified not a big red rubber stamp. One would think that Hillary's rise to such a high level cabinet position she would fully understand what makes information classified. She said she understood that, yet we now have more than 400 eMails containing classified material that the Former Secretary of State stored in her basement on an unsecure server. As if that's not bad enough she according to the news turned the server over to an IT company reportedly with no security clearance AND transferring that information on a thumb drive to her lawyer whom I doubt had a "top secret" clearance. WOW!

Had Ms. Clinton simply used the Secure Government System, it wouldn't matter if the classified eMails were marked classified or not. Once she made the choice to set up her own private system, she assumed the responsibility to make absolutely sure there was NO classified material sent, received or stored on it. Is this really the person you want as your next President?

Redrose
09-30-2015, 11:59 PM
NO.

She reminds me of the weird food lady in middle school. All she needs is the hairnet.

zelmo1234
10-01-2015, 06:19 AM
This still will not matter to the supporters that have sold their very souls to the idea of maintaining power.

The nation is in decline and apparently this is just the way the Democrats like it. Because only of fool would vote for more of the same

Peter1469
10-01-2015, 06:45 AM
Hillary and her husband are lawless. That has been clear since the early 1990s. The shame is the length the bucket carriers will go to excuse their lawlessness.

hanger4
10-01-2015, 07:27 AM
WAS CLINTON ACTUALLY HACKED? .... "WASHINGTON (AP) -- Russia-linked hackers tried at least five times in August 2011 to trick Hillary Rodham Clinton into infecting her computer systems while she was secretary of state, according to newly released emails from the State Department." .... "The emails pretended to inform her that the state Department of Motor Vehicles had caught her speeding more than 55 mph a month earlier, and instructing her to open an attached file, "Ticket.Zip," to print the ticket and mail it with payment. But opening the file attachment would have activated malicious software, known as malware, that would have quietly implanted on her systems a program to spy on her activities and allow hackers to install other programs without her awareness." .... "The fact that these infected emails were delivered to Clinton, even if she didn't infect herself, suggests that security protections and email filters on her homebrew server were weak or missing." .... http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CLINTON_EMAILS_THINGS_TO_KNOW?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-01-07-43-18

Cigar
10-01-2015, 08:19 AM
Maybe this is a huge deal in the conservative community because they don't focus on any real issues, but personally I don't know a single democrat who cares anymore about Benghazi or emails.

Peter1469
10-01-2015, 08:21 AM
Maybe this is a huge deal in the conservative community because they don't focus on any real issues, but personally I don't know a single democrat who cares anymore about Benghazi or emails.

Americans care.

Common Sense
10-01-2015, 08:23 AM
Americans care.

Detractors care because the issue has been purposefully blown out of proportion for political reasons.

It wont effect her base.

Peter1469
10-01-2015, 08:28 AM
Detractors care because the issue has been purposefully blown out of proportion for political reasons.

It wont effect her base.

Hillary and Bill could be filmed conducting a Black Mass where a baby is scarified to Baal. Her base would still vote for her.

Cigar
10-01-2015, 08:32 AM
Americans care.

There's always that tradition on what Americans care about, it's called Wednesday Morning after the Election. :grin:

You remember that dreaded day?

Cigar
10-01-2015, 08:33 AM
Hillary and Bill could be filmed conducting a Black Mass where a baby is scarified to Baal. Her base would still vote for her.

Kinda tells you how much the Right is Loved :yo2:

Common Sense
10-01-2015, 08:34 AM

...or they could be filmed at a Halloween party and their detractors would call a black mass with a baby sacrifice.

Cigar
10-01-2015, 08:36 AM
...or they could be filmed at a Halloween party and their detractors would call a black mass with a baby sacrifice.

... or you can aways film yet another Inauguration :grin:

http://www.diananyad.com/b/_2013/inaguration2013.jpg

Peter1469
10-01-2015, 08:38 AM

The real thing. The bucket carriers wouldn't skip a beat.

Common Sense
10-01-2015, 08:39 AM
The real thing. The bucket carriers wouldn't skip a beat.

Pffftt...give me a break.

Peter1469
10-01-2015, 08:40 AM
There's always that tradition on what Americans care about, it's called Wednesday Morning after the Election. :grin:

You remember that dreaded day?

I had no dog in that hunt. All choices were bad.

Mac-7
10-01-2015, 08:54 AM

That's because the typical democrat only cares about how many government handouts the candidates are offering

That's why they are democrats

texan
10-01-2015, 10:47 AM
It was reported that the Russians tried to hack the email 5 times, I wonder if they were successful at any point and who else may have tried and if it was successful by anyone else.

Professor Peabody
10-03-2015, 02:52 PM

Why would they? They have no morals. Check out where the independents are going, they need them to win.

Professor Peabody
10-03-2015, 02:55 PM
It was reported that the Russians tried to hack the email 5 times, I wonder if they were successful at any point and who else may have tried and if it was successful by anyone else.

Myself, I think Iran's army of hackers got in and that's why the administration is bending over for the Ayatollah's. If Hillary's elected and Iran produces classified material from her private server, she should be impeached immediately.

Tahuyaman
10-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Just when things quiet down on the Hillary email front, another shoe drops.

hanger4
10-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Just when things quiet down on the Hillary email front, another shoe drops.That shoe will drop once a month thru Jan. And if (big if) the deleted emails are recoverable I bet the judge allows 2 or 3 more months.

Tahuyaman
10-03-2015, 04:30 PM
That shoe will drop once a month thru Jan. And if (big if) the deleted emails are recoverable I bet the judge allows 2 or 3 more months.

There's no if about it. They are recoverable. It's just a matter of how seriously this will be taken once they are all recovered.

Actually, I believe they already have been uncovered. They just don't know how to handle it yet.

domer76
10-03-2015, 04:47 PM
It's content of the eMails that make them classified not a big red rubber stamp. One would think that Hillary's rise to such a high level cabinet position she would fully understand what makes information classified. She said she understood that, yet we now have more than 400 eMails containing classified material that the Former Secretary of State stored in her basement on an unsecure server. As if that's not bad enough she according to the news turned the server over to an IT company reportedly with no security clearance AND transferring that information on a thumb drive to her lawyer whom I doubt had a "top secret" clearance. WOW!

Had Ms. Clinton simply used the Secure Government System, it wouldn't matter if the classified eMails were marked classified or not. Once she made the choice to set up her own private system, she assumed the responsibility to make absolutely sure there was NO classified material sent, received or stored on it. Is this really the person you want as your next President?

That seals it! I'm voting for Carson!

birddog
10-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Hilary has been lying, corrupt scum for decades! She has the personality of an ant! Why millions would vote for her speaks poorly for the D Party!

Redrose
10-03-2015, 10:12 PM
Hilary has been lying, corrupt scum for decades! She has the personality of an ant! Why millions would vote for her speaks poorly for the D Party!

TEFLON does wear out eventually.

Tahuyaman
10-03-2015, 10:45 PM
She can withstand any scandal. She's done it time and time again.

maineman
10-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Hilary has been lying, corrupt scum for decades! She has the personality of an ant! Why millions would vote for her speaks poorly for the D Party!no one gets elected in America to national office with the votes of partisan party voters alone. If Hillary wins, it will mean that she has captured the middle, unaffiliated, independent center of the bell curve and, by definition, it will mean that the loony from the GOP clown car has not.

Redrose
10-03-2015, 10:57 PM
She belongs in the clown car too, she just doesn't fit.

maineman
10-03-2015, 11:07 PM

we'll see what the middle of the bell curve has to say about that.

Professor Peabody
10-04-2015, 03:57 AM
That seals it! I'm voting for Carson!

A Secretary of State should know what content is classified, if he/she can't they have no business being SOS let alone President.

Professor Peabody
10-04-2015, 03:58 AM

The Democrat clown car has real clowns.

hanger4
10-04-2015, 06:42 AM
A Secretary of State should know what content is classified, if he/she can't they have no business being SOS let alone President.

I could understand some classified as "Sensitive" getting by, but nothing classified as "Top Secret". That's unacceptable incompetence.

Lineman
10-04-2015, 03:41 PM

Pretty sad how theyre so unsure of their candidates that they keep trying to get a different result from the same old talking points.

Professor Peabody
10-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Pretty sad how theyre so unsure of their candidates that they keep trying to get a different result from the same old talking points.

Lack of integrity in candidates has never been a problem for democrats I see.