PDA

View Full Version : Warning: How the News Labels People

Redrose
10-02-2015, 09:49 PM
I was reading about the Oregon shooter. The news had him identified as a 'white male".
Later he was identified as a 'white supremacist' who was born in Great Britain and sided with he IRA, and the Nazis.

OK, fine. Except he is bi-racial, half black. His mother is black.

Now this may not bother some, but it bothers me. Obama is half black and he is our first 'black president'.

Can't have it both ways.

Cthulhu
10-02-2015, 10:29 PM
I was reading about the Oregon shooter. The news had him identified as a 'white male".
Later he was identified as a 'white supremacist' who was born in Great Britain and sided with he IRA, and the Nazis.

Now this may not bother some, but it bothers me. Obama is half black and he is our first 'black president'.

Can't have it both ways.
Well, to be blunt, there is a lot of ill conceived white guilt and plenty of those who want to make whites seem like bogeymen.

This isn't the first time, nor the last time this has happened.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

Redrose
10-02-2015, 10:54 PM
Well, to be blunt, there is a lot of ill conceived white guilt and plenty of those who want to make whites seem like bogeymen.

This isn't the first time, nor the last time this has happened.

To me fair is fair. Same for Zimmerman, initially he was a white man killing a black man. In reality he was Hispanic and black.

The media creates much of the trouble between races. The Oregon shooter it seems was killing because of religion, not race, so the lable "white supremacist" was totally out of line.....and not completely accurate either.

Matty
10-03-2015, 05:32 AM
To me fair is fair. Same for Zimmerman, initially he was a white man killing a black man. In reality he was Hispanic and black.

The media creates much of the trouble between races. The Oregon shooter it seems was killing because of religion, not race, so the lable "white supremacist" was totally out of line.....and not completely accurate either.

I knew there was a reason it took so long for them to release his identity. So he is a biracial man who targeted white Christians. The targeting part worries me. Was he a home grown terrorists?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/03/tennessee-lt-gov-ron-ramsey-says-fellow-christians-should-arm-themselves/?intcmp=hpbt2

AeonPax
10-03-2015, 05:43 AM
I knew there was a reason it took so long for them to release his identity. So he is a biracial man who targeted white Christians. The targeting part worries me. Was he a home grown terrorists?

`
I just happen to have a link to a person who has the solution; TN Lt. Governor says Christians should arm themselves after Oregon mass shooting (http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/politics/state/story/2015/oct/02/tn-lt-governor-christians-who-are-serious-about-their-faith-should-get-gun/328404/) BTW; The shooter never said anything about WHITE Christians.

PolWatch
10-03-2015, 06:01 AM
`
I just happen to have a link to a person who has the solution; TN Lt. Governor says Christians should arm themselves after Oregon mass shooting (http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/politics/state/story/2015/oct/02/tn-lt-governor-christians-who-are-serious-about-their-faith-should-get-gun/328404/) BTW; The shooter never said anything about WHITE Christians.

I have to wonder.....how would people have reacted if the black Christians in SC made a statement like this? Can't have it both ways......really?

Matty
10-03-2015, 06:05 AM
I have to wonder.....how would people have reacted if the black Christians in SC made a statement like this? Can't have it both ways......really?

The arm yourselves statement? Would have been fine. Personally I think this is a copycat killing.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/umpqua-community-college-shooting-chris-harper-mercer/

Safety
10-03-2015, 07:51 AM

Can't have it both ways.

Actually it does work both ways, there have been several cases where the title reads "black teens shoot white one year old" and the one year old was Hispanic. It all depends on the bias or agenda of the person providing the article.

AeonPax
10-03-2015, 08:58 AM
`
`
The rule of the thumb for the political right is;

a) If it's a black shooter, all blacks are responsible,

b) If the shooter is Arab or Muslim, all Arabs and Muslims are guilty,

c) If the shooter is white, he's mentally disturbed.

d) If the shooter is mixed, it depends.

donttread
10-03-2015, 09:44 AM

It's all about what sells. If they can turn it into race or sex they know that will sell. They have zero regard for reporting the news , instead they repackage it wrapped in half truths and assault us with it non stop for 2 or 3 days until the next bright shinny object comes along

donttread
10-03-2015, 09:46 AM
`
`

You must admit that the press forgets that Obama ( an achiever ) is half white and that Zimmerman had non WASP origins.

domer76
10-03-2015, 09:47 AM

Can't have it both ways.

Big fucking deal over nothing. As usual.

The Xl
10-03-2015, 10:15 AM
The media and the government is the primary reason for any racial tension the country holds.

donttread
10-03-2015, 10:30 AM
The media and the government is the primary reason for any racial tension the country holds.

A house divided watches the news and puts up with poor government

donttread
10-03-2015, 10:33 AM
I think that the government's biggest fear may be the inner city gangs and the redneck outlaws getting together. Think about how much they have in common? Both groups enjoy guns, baby got back white women and use the phrase "aight"

Green Arrow
10-03-2015, 11:39 AM
No offense, but...who cares?

Redrose
10-03-2015, 12:16 PM
`

That's my point. The shooter seemed to be more interested in their religion not their race. The media started labeling him a "white supremacist". Color had nothing to do with it. As far as we know at this point.

He was bi-racial. Not white.

Truth Detector
10-03-2015, 12:19 PM
I think that the government's biggest fear may be the inner city gangs and the redneck outlaws getting together. Think about how much they have in common? Both groups enjoy guns, baby got back white women and use the phrase "aight"

Dumb.

Truth Detector
10-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Checklist for Losers who commit these attrocities:

(1) Broken single parent home without a father: CHECK

(2) Guns obtained legally: CHECK

(3) Hate religion: CHECK

(4) Meticulous planning to commit the crime: CHECK

(5) Specious claims by media that guns are the problem: CHECK

(6) Specious claims by the media that mental health is the reason: CHECK

You can use this checklist for nearly every mass shooting in a GUN FREE ZONE.

Redrose
10-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Big fucking deal over nothing. As usual.

Part of the problem is people like you who would rather ignore these issues and ridicule those who are concerned.

I heard people say right after it happened, before his ID was made public, "another crazy white guy with a gun".

Well, it wasn't a crazy white guy. To many the color issue is very important. Remember all the hoopla on this forum about 'black lives matter'.

Redrose
10-03-2015, 01:04 PM

"can't have it both ways" means when it's good bi-rcial Obama is our black president. When it's bad, the bi-racial shooter is white. That's what I am saying.

rembrant
10-03-2015, 01:21 PM

The media creates much of the trouble between races. The Oregon shooter it seems was killing because of religion, not race, so the lable "white supremacist" was totally out of line.....and not completely accurate either. Except his history of identification with bigots?

rembrant
10-03-2015, 01:33 PM
"can't have it both ways" means when it's good bi-rcial Obama is our black president. When it's bad, the bi-racial shooter is white. That's what I am saying.I'm saying you sure obsess about race. Ever wonder why?

I NOTE often how the RIGHT WING BIGOT faction.. goes NUTS about the fact 50% of this POTUS is black. Never mind his White Mom raised him in a mainly NOT "black" culture. He's no Eldridge Cleaver. Also.....no Muslim...no "Commie/Atheist" ....or whatever SLURS y'all need to resort to.

Silly piggys.... they need to deal with reality. THIS (and most) MASS MURDER NUTCASES...are F'd up nuts who get guns, are programmed to do crap, NO WAY this mental case ought to have a ARSENAL. Well... I guess SOME jerks LIKE that nutjobs and dumbfcks can use their 2nd Amendment rights to MURDER US. I do not agree.

Truth Detector
10-03-2015, 01:41 PM
I'm saying you sure obsess about race. Ever wonder why?

I NOTE often how the RIGHT WING BIGOT faction.. goes NUTS about the fact 50% of this POTUS is black. Never mind his White Mom raised him in a mainly NOT "black" culture. He's no Eldridge Cleaver. Also.....no Muslim...no "Commie/Atheist" ....or whatever SLURS y'all need to resort to.

Silly piggys.... they need to deal with reality. THIS (and most) MASS MURDER NUTCASES...are F'd up nuts who get guns, are programmed to do crap, NO WAY this mental case ought to have a ARSENAL. Well... I guess SOME jerks LIKE that nutjobs and dumbfcks can use their 2nd Amendment rights to MURDER US. I do not agree.

Man, what a massive pile of strawman bile; you're quite full of them!

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t542/apple-sauce38/Positive%20Reactions/laughing/biglaugh7_zpsd701e485.gif

Redrose
10-03-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm saying you sure obsess about race. Ever wonder why?

I "obsess" about race, but it's fine when blacks go nuts when a white cop shoots one of them. Some posters ask why we whites don't get more upset when whites get killed. The reality is whites are the whipping post of the media. They showed his white father, not his black mother. As to the POTUS, he has chosen to identify himself more with his black heritage, afterall Trayvon "could have been his son", he has yet to say that about any white victim.

The entire point of my OP is the media erroneously ID'd him as white. Nothing more.

AeonPax
10-03-2015, 01:54 PM
You must admit that the press forgets that Obama ( an achiever ) is half white and that Zimmerman had non WASP origins.
`
I have to admit, I'm most likely one of the few people that didn't follow the Zimmerman case. I had more pressing concerns at the time.

AeonPax
10-03-2015, 02:01 PM
That's my point. The shooter seemed to be more interested in their religion not their race. The media started labeling him a "white supremacist". Color had nothing to do with it. As far as we know at this point. He was bi-racial. Not white.
`
`
Taken at face value, I see this incident as being symptomatic of a greater malaise that has infected America.

Cthulhu
10-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Actually it does work both ways, there have been several cases where the title reads "black teens shoot white one year old" and the one year old was Hispanic. It all depends on the bias or agenda of the person providing the article.
While very true, I think what the OP is vexed about is the fact that there is an agenda which skews the delivery of the raw facts. And in some cases just butchers it beyond doubt of simple mistake.

Safety
10-03-2015, 02:11 PM
"can't have it both ways" means when it's good bi-rcial Obama is our black president. When it's bad, the bi-racial shooter is white. That's what I am saying.

Welcome to the club, I know exactly how you feel.

When someone black does something, it's a race war and all blacks are guilty. When it's someone white, it's an isolated incident and he has mental issues.

Safety
10-03-2015, 02:12 PM
While very true, I think what the OP is vexed about is the fact that there is an agenda which skews the delivery of the raw facts. And in some cases just butchers it beyond doubt of simple mistake.

Yea, the media has been the issue for at least a decade or more.

domer76
10-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Part of the problem is people like you who would rather ignore these issues and ridicule those who are concerned.

I heard people say right after it happened, before his ID was made public, "another crazy white guy with a gun".

Well, it wasn't a crazy white guy. To many the color issue is very important. Remember all the hoopla on this forum about 'black lives matter'.

The bottom line, Rose, is that Obama identifies as a black. You see Obama on the street and that's your first impression, too. This other guy did not. I haven't seen any photos of him, however. He may well look more white than black. But you, as you are wont to do, never can pass up an opportunity to crap on Obama, no matter how meaningless.

Bob
10-03-2015, 02:42 PM

Can't have it both ways.

I did not know that. Thanks for the up to date information.

Safety
10-03-2015, 02:44 PM
In a real tPF example, if someone with Obama's complexion was at a gas station with other motorcycle buddies, he would get a thread dedicated to how blacks "bring it upon them self", whereas this other guy would be dismissed as being a true American.

Bob
10-03-2015, 02:51 PM
`
`

Not actually

1. The Media does not want to admit the shooter is black. And we blame the people that did the killing.
2. The left wants to disarm all of us due to a shooting at some location such as a school or movie theater.
3. We blame Muslims in general for a major reason. First they really do a lousy public relations job defending themselves. Since they are all bound by the Quran, of course it gets harder on them and they seem not to be upset over mass killings by Muslims.
4. Give me a time when Muslims protested over the killings done by Muslims in the name of Allah!!!

Bob
10-03-2015, 02:52 PM
In a real tPF example, if someone with Obama's complexion was at a gas station with other motorcycle buddies, he would get a thread dedicated to how blacks "bring it upon them self", whereas this other guy would be dismissed as being a true American.

Blacks suffer over what blacks do all day long but want to remind us that not all blacks commit crimes. But they want to stick up for blacks that do commit crimes as if we pick on them due to race. Which is not ever our intention or message.

Safety
10-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Blacks suffer over what blacks do all day long but want to remind us that not all blacks commit crimes. But they want to stick up for blacks that do commit crimes as if we pick on them due to race. [b]Which is not ever our intention or message.[b/]

Who is the "our" you are referring to, and do you have permission to represent all of them?

Bob
10-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Welcome to the club, I know exactly how you feel.

When someone black does something, it's a race war and all blacks are guilty. When it's someone white, it's an isolated incident and he has mental issues.

I have never yet on this forum seen any member blame all blacks when a black commits a crime. Perhaps what you mean is we talk back to those excusing the black criminal.

Tahuyaman
10-03-2015, 03:37 PM

WTF are you talking about?

Safety
10-03-2015, 03:37 PM
I have never yet on this forum seen any member blame all blacks when a black commits a crime. Perhaps what you mean is we talk back to those excusing the black criminal.

Forgive me when I say, that the fact you haven't seen it, is only because you choose not to.

Safety
10-03-2015, 03:40 PM
WTF are you talking about?

Sorry, I don't care to try and explain how basic English works, but maybe you'll have an easier time in another forum.

Tahuyaman
10-03-2015, 03:46 PM
Sorry, I don't care to try and explain how basic English works, but maybe you'll have an easier time in another forum.

Sometimes your level of nonsense is difficult to follow.

Bob
10-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Forgive me when I say, that the fact you haven't seen it, is only because you choose not to.

You are not the first to claim you own my eyes and/or know what my eyes has seen or my brain selects as information. All i can tell you is you do not mind being wrong.

Safety
10-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Sometimes your level of nonsense is difficult to follow.

Feel free to ignore it.

Tahuyaman
10-03-2015, 04:10 PM
You were talking about a black motorcyclist. Coincidently I just saw possibly the dumbest movie ever made. It was called "Biker Boyz". You should check it out. It looked like something you'd enjoy.

Mister D
10-03-2015, 04:22 PM
`
`

If the shooter was black you usually have to read between the lines or deduce that for yourself. We're often not told the race of the perpetrator if...:wink:

Safety
10-03-2015, 04:30 PM
You are not the first to claim you own my eyes and/or know what my eyes has seen or my brain selects as information. All i can tell you is you do not mind being wrong.

Like I said....you see what you want to see....

Says he did. But you know how those blacks lie.

So few blacks are in my area and with the black men shunning them for white women, seems a few black women are free. But they have so many babies. Guess the black men only like them at night.

Blacks in America run in herds. Anybody see whites do that?
Herds commit crimes. A person with a pal might not commit crimes. But herds do commit them.

Safety
10-03-2015, 04:31 PM
If the shooter was black you usually have to read between the lines or deduce that for yourself. We're often not told the race of the perpetrator if...:wink:

On both sides of the issue. They don't identify the guy as white either, like the case of the trooper getting shot in La.

Bob
10-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Like I said....you see what you want to see....

Totally out of context but you call that evidence?

Mister D
10-03-2015, 04:39 PM
On both sides of the issue. They don't identify the guy as white either, like the case of the trooper getting shot in La.

Sure they do. George Zimmerman was quickly identified as a "white" Hispanic, for example.

Mister D
10-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Granted, Safety, it's not a conspiracy. The American media thin they;'re doing the right thing. Cuz you know how crazy the white folks are. They find out that a black man shot somebody they'll become more racist at the very least. At worst, they'll run riot and start lynching random blacks.

donttread
10-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Dumb.

Naw, just over your head

donttread
10-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Checklist for Losers who commit these attrocities:

(2) Guns obtained legally: CHECK

You can use this checklist for nearly every mass shooting in a GUN FREE ZONE.

The truth is that the average shooting is one urban felon shooting another urban felon with a gun he cannot possess under current law

AeonPax
10-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Not actually 1. The Media does not want to admit the shooter is black. And we blame the people that did the killing. 2. The left wants to disarm all of us due to a shooting at some location such as a school or movie theater.3. We blame Muslims in general for a major reason. First they really do a lousy public relations job defending themselves. Since they are all bound by the Quran, of course it gets harder on them and they seem not to be upset over mass killings by Muslims. 4. Give me a time when Muslims protested over the killings done by Muslims in the name of Allah!!!
`
`
I hope you realize what I posted was not meant to be taken literally. It was a satirical statement of opinion. I see the humor in it but you don't. Shit happens.

Bob
10-03-2015, 05:16 PM
`
`
I hope you realize what I posted was not meant to be taken literally. It was a satirical statement of opinion. I see the humor in it but you don't. Shit happens.

Now that you clarify, i am informed. Thanks.

AeonPax
10-03-2015, 05:23 PM
`
That was a paraphrase of a satirical observation....an opinion. Still, you are correct when you say newspapers, radio and TV reports leave out the race, a vital and indistinguishably characteristic, when appealing to the public for help in finding an alleged criminal.

Mister D
10-03-2015, 05:33 PM
`
That was a paraphrase of a satirical observation....an opinion. Still, you are correct when you say newspapers, radio and TV reports leave out the race, a vital and indistinguishably characteristic, when appealing to the public for help in finding an alleged criminal.

But satire is only funny when it's based on truth.

Redrose
10-03-2015, 08:03 PM
The bottom line, Rose, is that Obama identifies as a black. You see Obama on the street and that's your first impression, too. This other guy did not. I haven't seen any photos of him, however. He may well look more white than black. But you, as you are wont to do, never can pass up an opportunity to crap on Obama, no matter how meaningless.

I did see his photo, he is obviously a mulatto. No question there.

I wasn't pissing on Obama, I just used him as a good example of a famous bi-racial person in the news.

He is half white, half black and was hereld as our first black president, that's fine by me, he identifies himself as black.

This young man is the same as Obama, half white, half black yet the media identified him as white, and some said he was a "white supremacist". THAT is what I see as wrong.

domer76
10-03-2015, 08:53 PM

I wasn't pissing on Obama, I just used him as a good example of a famous bi-racial person in the news.

He is half white, half black and was hereld as our first black president, that's fine by me, he identifies himself as black.

This young man is the same as Obama, half white, half black yet the media identified him as white, and some said he was a "white supremacist". THAT is what I see as wrong.

How about the possibility that the media just fucked up? But no, that wouldn't meet your need to bash Obama for no reason or for another conspiracy claim.

domer76
10-03-2015, 09:05 PM

Actually, I just read a quote of what was said to describe him:

Christopher Harper-Mercer, the gunman who attacked Umpqua Community College on Thursday, had long struggled with mental illness and was described as a "hate-filled" individual (http://www.latimes.com/la-na-oregon-shooting-20151002-story.html) with anti-government, anti-religious and white supremacy leanings, law enforcement officials said.

What do you see wrong with that?

AeonPax
10-04-2015, 03:10 AM
But satire is only funny when it's based on truth.
`
Truth is a subjective concept.

silvereyes
10-04-2015, 06:28 AM
You were talking about a black motorcyclist. Coincidently I just saw possibly the dumbest movie ever made. It was called "Biker Boyz". You should check it out. It looked like something you'd enjoy.
Why dont you not be an ass for one day?

silvereyes
10-04-2015, 06:31 AM
Totally out of context but you call that evidence?

No you want to play dumb? Shocker.

Mister D
10-04-2015, 08:48 AM
`

Which is how you would react if someone said all homosexuals are child molesters. Right...

AeonPax
10-04-2015, 09:02 AM
Which is how you would react if someone said all homosexuals are child molesters. Right...
`
Non sequitur response.

Mister D
10-04-2015, 09:16 AM
`
Non sequitur response.

You don't understand what non sequiter means.

Like I said, you wouldn't say something say "truth is subjective" if someone claimed all homosexuals are child molesters. In fact, I remember you insisting that most pedophiles are heterosexual. But I mean...it's all subjective, right? We can just say whatever we want and it's all equally valid, right?

Truth Detector
10-04-2015, 09:29 AM
The truth is that the average shooting is one urban felon shooting another urban felon with a gun he cannot possess under current law

This checklist, with some very minor changes, works for your average black thug living in Democratically controlled urban sewers as well;

Checklist for Losers who commit crimes:

(2) Guns obtained illegally: CHECK

You can use this checklist for nearly every shooting in black/Hispanic urban sewers..

Truth Detector
10-04-2015, 09:34 AM
How about the possibility that the media just $#@!ed up? But no, that wouldn't meet your need to bash Obama for no reason or for another conspiracy claim.

Why do you think the media gets it wrong so much? Could it be their rush to judgement to disingenuously promote an agenda? Could it be their OBVIOUS lack of honesty and objectivity?

They didn't mess up; they got caught in a lie and false narrative. Much like the false "black lives matter" narrative and their false race hustling narrative.

Truth Detector
10-04-2015, 09:36 AM

Christopher Harper-Mercer, the gunman who attacked Umpqua Community College on Thursday, had long struggled with mental illness and was described as a "hate-filled" individual (http://www.latimes.com/la-na-oregon-shooting-20151002-story.html) with anti-government, anti-religious and white supremacy leanings, law enforcement officials said.

It's a moronic claim in that he isn't white. It's almost as stupid as the claim he was a Nazi sympathizer/fan in that he wasn't racially pure and would be someone Nazis would reject as being racially impure.

Why is the OBVIOUS such a difficult concept for Liberals and their media allies?

Truth Detector
10-04-2015, 09:38 AM
`

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t542/apple-sauce38/Positive%20Reactions/laughing/biglaugh7_zpsd701e485.gif

Truth Detector
10-04-2015, 09:38 AM

....after you.

Cthulhu
10-04-2015, 09:58 AM
`
Ummm...no it's really not.

A person's perception of it may be, but truth isn't malleable.

donttread
10-04-2015, 10:12 AM
The media does what's good for ratings . A black president is better for ratings than a mixed race president. Virtually ending the gun control debate by reporting all the gun defenses on our country is bad for ratings and so on.

Truth Detector
10-04-2015, 10:18 AM
The media does what's good for ratings . A black president is better for ratings than a mixed race president. Virtually ending the gun control debate by reporting all the gun defenses on our country is bad for ratings and so on.

If the were true, the media's ratings wouldn't be so lousy and newspapers wouldn't be filing bakruptcies.

It's exactly because of their false narratives, liberal agendas and lack of objectivity which is causing their decline. It certainly isn't selling more papers, viewer time or advertising.

Tahuyaman
10-04-2015, 10:36 AM
Tahuyaman You were talking about a black motorcyclist. Coincidently I just saw possibly the dumbest movie ever made. It was called "Biker Boyz". You should check it out. It looked like something you'd enjoy.

so, you saw that movie and liked it?

AeonPax
10-04-2015, 11:01 AM
Ummm...no it's really not. A person's perception of it may be, but truth isn't malleable.
`
Wrong. Truth can be subjective or objective, depending on what it is.

Truth Detector
10-04-2015, 11:06 AM
`

......only in liberal loony land.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e127/mcollinknight/Jon%20and%20Stephen%20get%20their%20own%20album/stephen_laughs.gif

donttread
10-04-2015, 11:08 AM
If the were true, the media's ratings wouldn't be so lousy and newspapers wouldn't be filing bakruptcies.

It's exactly because of their false narratives, liberal agendas and lack of objectivity which is causing their decline. It certainly isn't selling more papers, viewer time or advertising.

How do you explain Fox then?

Safety
10-04-2015, 11:56 AM

The media is reflective of society's perception. Just like people are quick to call everything a dark person does, a black crime, the same people are quick to say someone isn't white when they are doing something bad. But interesting yet, that same complexion is white if someone dark is the suspect.

So, while this guy may be mixed, mulatto, or not white, he would get the benefit of a doubt that he was "acting rowdy" and not "rioting", if he was on the street in Kentucky, drunk and burning sofas because his team lost.

Safety
10-04-2015, 11:58 AM

Newspapers are filing for bankruptcy because nobody reads news print anymore. Welcome to the digital age.

Redrose
10-04-2015, 12:41 PM
How about the possibility that the media just fucked up? But no, that wouldn't meet your need to bash Obama for no reason or for another conspiracy claim.

The media does it too often. IMO it is deliberate. Once again I didn't bash Obama, I stated fact. Please try to comprehend that.

Truth Detector
10-04-2015, 12:41 PM
`
`
Taken at face value, I see this incident as being symptomatic of a greater malaise that has infected America.

Yes, it is called the destruction of the definition of marriage to mean anything Liberals say it should mean, single parent households, celebrating losers and engaging in false narratives like "gun control", "black lives matter" and impugning people of faith.

silvereyes
10-04-2015, 12:42 PM
Why do you think the media gets it wrong so much? Could it be their rush to judgement to disingenuously promote an agenda? Could it be their OBVIOUS lack of honesty and objectivity?

They didn't mess up; they got caught in a lie and false narrative. Much like the false "black lives matter" narrative and their false race hustling narrative.
Orrrrrrrrr, with all the fancy dancy technology we have now they are trying to outrun everyone else. Duh for you.

silvereyes
10-04-2015, 12:50 PM
....after you.

OH, unclench DA...I don't believe I was speaking to you but since you want to hide tah behind your spanx. ....its obvious you have a case of the guilties. Suck it up, Francis. ..if the preperation h works.. .by all means use it.

silvereyes
10-04-2015, 12:55 PM
so, you saw that movie and liked it?

No, but I'm sure you did. So, you wanna take me up on it? Can you go one day without being an ass to someone here? I'm 99% positive that you can't do it. Its your nature cuz I'm fairly certain it wasn't nurture unless your momma taught you to be that way.

donttread
10-04-2015, 12:57 PM
The media is reflective of society's perception. Just like people are quick to call everything a dark person does, a black crime, the same people are quick to say someone isn't white when they are doing something bad. But interesting yet, that same complexion is white if someone dark is the suspect.

So, while this guy may be mixed, mulatto, or not white, he would get the benefit of a doubt that he was "acting rowdy" and not "rioting", if he was on the street in Kentucky, drunk and burning sofas because his team lost.

donttread
10-04-2015, 12:58 PM

Calling Obama "black" bust your theory

Safety
10-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Calling Obama "black" bust your theory

Does it? How?

Redrose
10-04-2015, 01:02 PM
It appears many posters have missed the point of my OP. It was about the media NOT the shooter.

We can debate the shooter on other threads, this thred was to show how the media 'controls' the perception of stories. Deliberately I might add.

Tahuyaman
10-04-2015, 01:18 PM
No, but I'm sure you did. So, you wanna take me up on it? Can you go one day without being an ass to someone here? I'm 99% positive that you can't do it. Its your nature cuz I'm fairly certain it wasn't nurture unless your momma taught you to be that way.

Why are you constantly being such an ass?

silvereyes
10-04-2015, 01:21 PM
Why are you constantly being such an ass?

Lol, that's gold coming from YOU. Pure fucking gold. So, did your momma teach you that?

Tahuyaman
10-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Lol, that's gold coming from YOU. Pure $#@!ing gold. So, did your momma teach you that?

I don't think so.

Do you have any thoughts on how the media labels people?

silvereyes
10-04-2015, 01:33 PM
I already gave my thoughts. You are so anally focused on what your next barb will be that you missed it.

So, if you're momma didn't teach you that then you just became that way all by your lonesome? It must suck to be mad alllllll the time.

donttread
10-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Does it? How?

That should be obvious

BB-35
10-04-2015, 04:09 PM
`
`

Utter horsecrap...

Safety
10-04-2015, 04:26 PM
It appears many posters have missed the point of my OP. It was about the media NOT the shooter.

We can debate the shooter on other threads, this thred was to show how the media 'controls' the perception of stories. Deliberately I might add.

I agree, see pictures..

Utter horsecrap...

Hardly.

See a difference in the way the "media" portrays the suspect?

Redrose
10-04-2015, 04:27 PM

Nothing wrong with that one.

How about the LA Times distortion of the facts:

"The absurdity and apparent lack of an actual knowledgeable source in the LA Times article was first pointed out by Daniel Greenfield (http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/260327/media-narrative-half-black-oregon-killer-white-daniel-greenfield)in FrontPage Magazine. He wrote:
According to the LA Times, Chris Harper Mercer, the Oregon killer, was a “White Supremacist”.
One slight problem. Mercer identified as multi-racial. His mother was black. He doesn’t seem to have even known his white father. He identified with black TV killer Vester Lee Flanagan."

Bob
10-04-2015, 05:05 PM
It's a moronic claim in that he isn't white. It's almost as stupid as the claim he was a Nazi sympathizer/fan in that he wasn't racially pure and would be someone Nazis would reject as being racially impure.

Why is the OBVIOUS such a difficult concept for Liberals and their media allies?

I wish the Obama supporters did their research correctly.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/02/chris-harper-mercer-first-details-emerge-of-oregon-college-killer

A posting on the Spiritual Passions dating and social networking site uses a picture that appears to be Mercer under the user name IRONCROSS45, which Mercer also used as his email.
He described himself on the site as a 26-year-old, mixed-race “man looking for a woman”. He said he was “not religious, but spiritual”, and was a “teetotaler” living with his parents and a conservative Republican. Socially, he said, he was “shy at first” and “better in small groups”. He described himself as “always dieting” and looking for “the yin to my yang”

domer76
10-04-2015, 05:17 PM

Prove they lied or STFU

domer76
10-04-2015, 05:19 PM

Where in that narrative does it say he is white? Or do you just see things that aren't there?

domer76
10-04-2015, 05:22 PM
......only in liberal loony land.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e127/mcollinknight/Jon and Stephen get their own album/stephen_laughs.gif

It must suck to live in such a binary world. A great one for simpletons, for sure. But a world comprised of either black or white? Bummer for you.

domer76
10-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Yes, it is called the destruction of the definition of marriage to mean anything Liberals say it should mean, single parent households, celebrating losers and engaging in false narratives like "gun control", "black lives matter" and impugning people of faith.

Sure they do. lol

domer76
10-04-2015, 05:24 PM
I don't think so.

Do you have any thoughts on how the media labels people?

Do you have any thoughts on how PEOPLE label people?

domer76
10-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Nothing wrong with that one.

How about the LA Times distortion of the facts:

"The absurdity and apparent lack of an actual knowledgeable source in the LA Times article was first pointed out by Daniel Greenfield (http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/260327/media-narrative-half-black-oregon-killer-white-daniel-greenfield)in FrontPage Magazine. He wrote:
According to the LA Times, Chris Harper Mercer, the Oregon killer, was a “White Supremacist”.
One slight problem. Mercer identified as multi-racial. His mother was black. He doesn’t seem to have even known his white father. He identified with black TV killer Vester Lee Flanagan."

Mine also came from the LA Times

Tahuyaman
10-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Do you have any thoughts on how PEOPLE label people?

Yes, but this thread is not about that.

domer76
10-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Yes, but this thread is not about that.

Yeah, news people aren't real people.

Tahuyaman
10-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Yeah, news people aren't real people.

for the most part you are right. They live in their own self created bubble. They think that their purpose is to change the world.

Dr. Who
10-04-2015, 05:40 PM

Can't have it both ways.
I suspect his mother is also mixed, perhaps for many generations, so he is likely more white than black, if it matters.

Tahuyaman
10-04-2015, 05:46 PM
Why would race matter?

Dr. Who
10-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Why would race matter?
It doesn't from my perspective.

Matty
10-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Why did it matter then in Charleston? He is charged with a hate crime for killing black Christians. Here is a black man who killed white Christians. Certainly it matters.

Safety
10-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Why would race matter?

Yea, why would it?

They go after Carson because he's a black conservative. That's two strikes right there. He's a black man who dared to step out of preformed box designed by the left specifically intended to keep blacks right where they want them.

Carson is a liberals dream. They can publicly display their racist tendencies, but use the available cover of opposing conservatism to hide it.

Safety
Why would race matter?

Yea, why would it?

They go after Carson because he's a black conservative. That's two strikes right there. He's a black man who dared to step out of preformed box designed by the left specifically intended to keep blacks right where they want them.

Carson is a liberals dream. They can publicly display their racist tendencies, but use the available cover of opposing conservatism to hide it.

Cthulhu
`
2+2=?

There is exactly one right answer.

Everything else is a lie.

Tahuyaman
10-04-2015, 06:45 PM

good, because it doesn't.

Tahuyaman
10-04-2015, 06:46 PM
2+2=?

There is exactly one right answer.

Everything else is a lie.

someone can be wrong without it being a lie.

Bob
10-04-2015, 06:47 PM

In this country race matters a heck of a lot to blacks. Not so much to whites.

Safety
10-04-2015, 06:48 PM
Why did it matter then in Charleston? He is charged with a hate crime for killing black Christians. Here is a black man who killed white Christians. Certainly it matters.

Another false equivalency. The people in Charleston was targeted because they were black. This asshole asked a question whether or not they were Christian, there is no evidence that he had any regards to race in this shooting. In fact, this is a good example of the difference in religion and race, whereas someone could lie and say they were not Christian and therefore be spared.

Tahuyaman
10-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Yea, why would it?

How does race relate to the shooter in Oregon? Care to respond about that?

Safety
10-04-2015, 06:49 PM

To some whites.

Tighten up.

Matty
10-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Another false equivalency. The people in Charleston was targeted because they were black. This $#@! asked a question whether or not they were Christian, there is no evidence that he had any regards to race in this shooting. In fact, this is a good example of the difference in religion and race, whereas someone could lie and say they were not Christian and therefore be spared.

did he kill any blacks?

Safety
How does race relate to the shooter in Oregon? Care to respond about that?

To the shooter personally, or to those who are discussing the shooter?

Tahuyaman
How does race matter in the Oregon shooter issue? That question shouldn't need explanation.

Safety
did he kill any blacks?

Was there any to target?

Bob
10-04-2015, 06:54 PM
did he kill any blacks?

Not one.

Bob
10-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Was there any to target?

Yes
2010 census[edit (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Roseburg,_Oregon&action=edit&section=7)]
As of the census (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Census)[2] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseburg,_Oregon#cite_note-FactFinder-2) of 2010, there were 21,181 people, 9,081 households, and 5,177 families residing in the city. The population density (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_density) was 2,116.0 inhabitants per square mile (817.0/km2). There were 9,732 housing units at an average density of 972.2 per square mile (375.4/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 91%White (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_(U.S._Census)), 0.5% African American (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_(U.S._Census)), 1.7% Native American (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_American_(U.S._Census)), 1.6% Asian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_(U.S._Census)), 0.3% Pacific Islander (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(U.S._Census)), 1.4% from other races (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(U.S._Census)), and 3.5% from two or more races. Hispanic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic_(U.S._Census)) orLatino (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latino_(U.S._Census)) of any race were 5.5% of the population.
There were about 106 living there he could have shot at.

Safety
10-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Yes
2010 census[edit (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Roseburg,_Oregon&action=edit§ion=7)]There were about 106 living there he could have shot at.

No, all you have shown is how hard he would have to look to target a black person. Now, while you are on this unicorn hunt, you want to show the numbers of how many blacks were enrolled at the school where the shooting took place?

Yeah, your straw grabbing effort is noted.

Dr. Who
10-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Race and ethnicity is an obsession in America and whites are equally obsessed. To believe otherwise is to be naive. The ridiculous thing is that there is really no such thing as race - it's an artificial contrivance designed to separate people and allow some to feel superior to others based on superficial criteria. There is just the human race and our differences are really cultural, religious and financial and the latter is really the biggest divider which exacerbates all other differences.

Bob
10-04-2015, 07:19 PM
No, all you have shown is how hard he would have to look to target a black person. Now, while you are on this unicorn hunt, you want to show the numbers of how many blacks were enrolled at the school where the shooting took place?

Yeah, your straw grabbing effort is noted.

Duck and weave. I expect it when you appear.

Bob
10-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Race and ethnicity is an obsession in America and whites are equally obsessed. To believe otherwise is to be naive. The ridiculous thing is that there is really no such thing as race - it's an artificial contrivance designed to separate people and allow some to feel superior to others based on superficial criteria. There is just the human race and our differences are really cultural, religious and financial and the latter is really the biggest divider which exacerbates all other differences.

I grew up completely not obsessed with race. To this day it is only on my mind when reading this forum.

Blacks appear in mobs and come up with black lives matter.

No, we do not parade saying white lives matter.

Mister D
10-04-2015, 07:23 PM

Then maybe you should move all the discussions about race to the cryptozoology room. is it big enough though? :undecided:

Matty
10-04-2015, 07:25 PM

All true in varying degrees. The financial inequality is a major theme for all democrat politicians.

Tahuyaman
10-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Race isn't an issue with the vast majority. But for some reason, there's a small, angry and vocal minority who want to make race the issue with everything.

Dr. Who
10-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Then maybe you should move all the discussions about race to the cryptozoology room. is it big enough though? :undecided:
I don't expect you to agree with me, but the term race is really a rather recent invention. In the past people did not have any concept of race, just people who had a different appearance, but were accepted or rejected based on their behavior. There was tribalism which cared not about appearance, but familial ties. There was also xenophobia, but again that was based not on appearance, but on a fear of strangers. That was actually more understandable than the desire to categorize humanity by the color of their skin.

Mister D
10-04-2015, 07:44 PM
I don't expect you to agree with me, but the term race is really a rather recent invention. In the past people did not have any concept of race, just people who had a different appearance, but were accepted or rejected based on their behavior. There was tribalism which cared not about appearance, but familial ties. There was also xenophobia, but again that was based not on appearance, but on a fear of strangers. That was actually more understandable than the desire to categorize humanity by the color of their skin.

Terms like gravity, atom, bacteria, and a whole host of others are also of recent vintage. People have always acknowledged human difference and an ancient Greek, for example, could quite easily tell merely by sight that a Persian, an Ethiopian, or a German for that matter did not belong to his "tribe". It would make more sense to say racism (i.e. an ideology separating humanity into superior and inferior breeds) is a recent development. That is true. Dislike for the Other, however, is as old as we are.

Dr. Who
10-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Terms like gravity, atom, bacteria, and a whole host of others are also of recent vintage. People have always acknowledged human difference and an ancient Greek, for example, could quite easily tell merely by sight that a Persian, an Ethiopian, or a German for that matter did not belong to his "tribe". It would make more sense to say racism (i.e. an ideology separating humanity into superior and inferior breeds) is a recent development. That is true. Dislike for the Other, however, is as old as we are.
I don't disagree. As I said, tribalism is old and understandable in its time. However the world has changed and tribalism is now about as useful as a vestigial tail. We have become an interdependent world and our populations are moving around from one part of the globe to another for economic reasons and they are intermarrying. Barring a massive cataclysm, that mobility will continue to increase. As a people we are no longer static. We will continue to bristle over cultural differences, but those differences will subside with subsequent generations.

The racial divide in America is old and dysfunctional. I would suggest that it is really a form of co-dependency, like you see in a family with drug and alcohol abuse. The only difference is that the co-dependency originates with a government that seems to prefer that co-dependency than to actually address the economic and social issues that prevail in poor communities because it is easier than really tackling the actual problems. A band aid has never helped a broken leg, however it does keep people out of the workforce and thus skews the real unemployment numbers.

silvereyes
10-04-2015, 09:12 PM
I wish the Obama supporters did their research correctly.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/02/chris-harper-mercer-first-details-emerge-of-oregon-college-killer

Here ya go twenty sixteen.. another fine example of what I told you. Now would you like to stick with the "liberals are rude" crapola?

Safety
10-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Here ya go twenty sixteen.. another fine example of what I told you. Now would you like to stick with the "liberals are rude" crapola?

It will always be one sided, like the use of the "race card".

Safety
10-04-2015, 09:24 PM
I grew up completely not obsessed with race. To this day it is only on my mind when reading this forum.

Blacks appear in mobs and come up with black lives matter.

No, we do not parade saying white lives matter.

Apples to oranges, when you learn why, then you will be enlightened.

Safety
10-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Duck and weave. I expect it when you appear.

And you wonder why people say your responses make no sense.

Matty
10-04-2015, 09:32 PM

You may stick with it. I do not recall saying anything like that.

Redrose
10-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Race was never a big issue in my life growing up. A couple of incidents here and there, not a big deal.

Everything changed when our daughter married a black man with a major chip on his shoulder. It changed the entire dynamic of our family, how we celebrated the holidays, birthdays, Christenings, etc. He didn't want our "white" way of doing things.
He didn't want turkey and ham at Thanksgiving, he wanted goat. When we didn't comply, he stopped them from visiting us and her sisters. He isolated her from her family. He's a loser and a fool.

I fully understand not all blacks are like that, she just happened to find a real jerk.

Bob
10-04-2015, 10:20 PM
I don't disagree. As I said, tribalism is old and understandable in its time. However the world has changed and tribalism is now about as useful as a vestigial tail. We have become an interdependent world and our populations are moving around from one part of the globe to another for economic reasons and they are intermarrying. Barring a massive cataclysm, that mobility will continue to increase. As a people we are no longer static. We will continue to bristle over cultural differences, but those differences will subside with subsequent generations.

The racial divide in America is old and dysfunctional. I would suggest that it is really a form of co-dependency, like you see in a family with drug and alcohol abuse. The only difference is that the co-dependency originates with a government that seems to prefer that co-dependency than to actually address the economic and social issues that prevail in poor communities because it is easier than really tackling the actual problems. A band aid has never helped a broken leg, however it does keep people out of the workforce and thus skews the real unemployment numbers.

These topic get a number of views.
A says the poster got it right.
B says there are plenty of books on this topic.
C says there are plenty of government programs proposing to solve those problems

The left disdains money. But when it comes to race, suddenly the reason why blacks kill so many blacks per 1000 of population has to be over money. I do agree a lot of drug crimes end up over money.

I was called out by one person over saying blacks run in herds. I mean the males do this in cities. In tiny rural areas, I have no opinion. But even in my city of modest size, (rapidly headed to 250,000) I see how the blacks hang out. I never see whites doing it. I don't see the schools letting out in the area and expect children will bond with kids and walk home.

I am talking of males of adult age walking around and making a lot of people very nervous. They are not native of my city and they come here from heavy crime areas.

I feel as bad as had Al Capone showed up with his gangs of Italians.

Since these black males often deal in drugs, why are they still poor? I doubt they are actually poor.

Dr. Who
10-04-2015, 10:33 PM
These topic get a number of views.
A says the poster got it right.
B says there are plenty of books on this topic.
C says there are plenty of government programs proposing to solve those problems

The left disdains money. But when it comes to race, suddenly the reason why blacks kill so many blacks per 1000 of population has to be over money. I do agree a lot of drug crimes end up over money.

I was called out by one person over saying blacks run in herds. I mean the males do this in cities. In tiny rural areas, I have no opinion. But even in my city of modest size, (rapidly headed to 250,000) I see how the blacks hang out. I never see whites doing it. I don't see the schools letting out in the area and expect children will bond with kids and walk home.

I am talking of males of adult age walking around and making a lot of people very nervous. They are not native of my city and they come here from heavy crime areas.

I feel as bad as had Al Capone showed up with his gangs of Italians.

Since these black males often deal in drugs, why are they still poor? I doubt they are actually poor.
Unless you are the drug king pin, you don't get rich dealing drugs. It's like any other business, most of what you take in has to go back out for product. Otherwise, I cannot comment on the groups of black males in your community other than to say, more and more inner city neighborhoods are being gentrified - developers are buying old buildings and evicting the tenants. They move where they can afford to move.

Cigar
10-04-2015, 10:35 PM

Can't have it both ways.

Ever notice WHO the ONLY PEOPLE are EVER who always bring up Obama being Half White? :laugh:

Bob
10-04-2015, 10:37 PM
Race was never a big issue in my life growing up. A couple of incidents here and there, not a big deal.

Everything changed when our daughter married a black man with a major chip on his shoulder. It changed the entire dynamic of our family, how we celebrated the holidays, birthdays, Christenings, etc. He didn't want our "white" way of doing things.
He didn't want turkey and ham at Thanksgiving, he wanted goat. When we didn't comply, he stopped his them from visiting us and her sisters. He isolated her from her family. He's a loser and a fool.

I fully understand not all blacks are like that, she just happened to find a real jerk.

I am misunderstood, and I believe it is on purpose, by some posters who defend blacks.

They assume I mean 100 percent of blacks.

First ... stop thinking that way.

When I worked in construction work, i worked about fine black men. I counted them as work place friends.
In the Army my assistant was black and played for the Dallas Cowboys. A fine young man. Dave was far better at praying than I was. He made sure one he finished his short workout, he prayed daily.

I can go on and on talking of fine blacks I have worked with over the years.

We mean the problem types. Those who in cities hang out in mobs.

I have some stories too but want to make it clear that all blacks are never the problem. I prefer thinking a modest small number are.

Blacks admit many of them go to prison. I speak in general of the problem makers, not the fine family that lives a decent life. I believe the majority do live that way. (decent lives)

Bob
10-04-2015, 10:38 PM
Ever notice WHO the ONLY PEOPLE are EVER who always bring up Obama being Half White? :laugh:

Tell me, why do blacks dislike Obama's white side?

Safety
10-04-2015, 10:42 PM
I am misunderstood, and I believe it is on purpose, by some posters who defend blacks.

They assume I mean 100 percent of blacks.

First ... stop thinking that way.

When I worked in construction work, i worked about fine black men. I counted them as work place friends.
In the Army my assistant was black and played for the Dallas Cowboys. A fine young man. Dave was far better at praying than I was. He made sure one he finished his short workout, he prayed daily.

I can go on and on talking of fine blacks I have worked with over the years.

We mean the problem types. Those who in cities hang out in mobs.

I have some stories too but want to make it clear that all blacks are never the problem. I prefer thinking a modest small number are.

Blacks admit many of them go to prison. I speak in general of the problem makers, not the fine family that lives a decent life. I believe the majority do live that way. (decent lives)

Pro tip: If you can recall every person you interacted with, who was a different race than you, says a lot about your biases.

Bob
10-04-2015, 10:48 PM
Unless you are the drug king pin, you don't get rich dealing drugs. It's like any other business, most of what you take in has to go back out for product. Otherwise, I cannot comment on the groups of black males in your community other than to say, more and more inner city neighborhoods are being gentrified - developers are buying old buildings and evicting the tenants. They move where they can afford to move.

I have sold property since 1971 and count a dozen black families as clients over those years. I am blessed to always have fine black families to sell homes to. I have only good experiences here in my city other than the crime some done by some of them including murder. I admit when that takes place, I want to lock down the place. Matter of fact, I do keep the door locked for that reason. At work I mean.

I know most who sell drugs still are poor. Oakland, Ca is 30 miles away and as the communities closer to Oakland get their fill of the blacks, I hope it is the fine blacks and not the bad blacks.

All i can tell you from experience is when I show blacks homes to buy, they tell me not to show them homes in all black areas. They fear crime as I do.

Bob
10-04-2015, 10:51 PM
Pro tip: If you can recall every person you interacted with, who was a different race than you, says a lot about your biases.

While I have a great memory, and recall my clients, no matter the race, it says only that I have a good memory. It says nothing about my biases. i do notice your personal bias against me though. Ever stop to think about that fact?

Safety
10-04-2015, 10:51 PM
I have sold property since 1971 and count a dozen black families as clients over those years. I am blessed to always have fine black families to sell homes to. I have only good experiences here in my city other than the crime some done by some of them including murder. I admit when that takes place, I want to lock down the place. Matter of fact, I do keep the door locked for that reason. At work I mean.

I know most who sell drugs still are poor. Oakland, Ca is 30 miles away and as the communities closer to Oakland get their fill of the blacks, I hope it is the fine blacks and not the bad blacks.

All i can tell you from experience is when I show blacks homes to buy, they tell me not to show them homes in all black areas. They fear crime as I do.

:biglaugh:

silvereyes
10-04-2015, 10:54 PM
It will always be one sided, like the use of the "race card".
I know. Her reply down in the hole floored me though. I don't get how you can be a new member and then take the word of certain assclowns as gospel. Sheesh. A quick profile scan can show you who the shit stirrers are.

Safety
10-04-2015, 10:54 PM
While I have a great memory, and recall my clients, no matter the race, it says only that I have a good memory. It says nothing about my biases. i do notice your personal bias against me though. Ever stop to think about that fact?

Not really, I only notice what you write.

silvereyes
10-04-2015, 10:56 PM
You may stick with it. I do not recall saying anything like that.

You may not have typed the words but I read your reply in the hole.. .then went on to show you who the rude ones are. Care to have your eyes opened yet?

Safety
10-04-2015, 10:57 PM
I know. Her reply down in the hole floored me though. I don't get how you can be a new member and then take the word of certain assclowns as gospel. Sheesh. A quick profile scan can show you who the shit stirrers are.

Sometimes one's ideology requires the use of blinders.

Bob
10-04-2015, 10:59 PM
Was there any to target?

Some poster posted a photo of the parking lot with kids at the college. Wasn't there one or two blacks there?

It probably came from exotix.

Redrose
10-04-2015, 11:00 PM

I am aware of many people who do bring that up, from several races. It's a fact isn't it? He should be proud of all his heritage, not just the part he can score political points with.

Bob
10-04-2015, 11:01 PM
Not really, I only notice what you write.

As i do for you. But you clearly show a deep rooted bias. Why is that?

silvereyes
10-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Some poster posted a photo of the parking lot with kids at the college. Wasn't there one or two blacks there?

It probably came from exotix.

A whole one or two? Golly, gee whiz!

Bob
10-04-2015, 11:11 PM
Apples to oranges, when you learn why, then you will be enlightened.

And you wonder why people say your responses make no sense.

Safety
10-04-2015, 11:12 PM
A whole one or two? Golly, gee whiz!

Fucking amazing, no? He's mad because this guy didn't scour the campus to find a black to shoot so it would make Bob feel better about the massacre.

silvereyes
10-04-2015, 11:20 PM
Fucking amazing, no? He's mad because this guy didn't scour the campus to find a black to shoot so it would make Bob feel better about the massacre.
Its a-fucking-mazing. As sad as your reply is.. ..its true.

Mark my words: there a few here that will maintain "mental issues" for him. Just. Like. Roof.

AeonPax
10-04-2015, 11:53 PM
Utter horsecrap...
`
Deal with it.

AeonPax
10-05-2015, 12:11 AM
2+2=? There is exactly one right answer. Everything else is a lie. Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.
`
You might want to read this; Truth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth).

BB-35
10-05-2015, 01:38 AM
`
Deal with it.
Sorry,but I really don't have to.

Chris
10-05-2015, 08:21 AM
Bob, Safety, silvereyes, general warning to get off each other and on topic.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Mark my words: there a few here that will maintain "mental issues" for him. Just. Like. Roof.

do you think the shooter was of sound mental health?

silvereyes
10-05-2015, 12:19 PM
I think you have to be pretty fucked up to shoot ANYONE but it shouldn't be used as a cop out defense.

Chris
10-05-2015, 12:44 PM
I think you have to be pretty fucked up to shoot ANYONE but it shouldn't be used as a cop out defense.

Agree, on both accounts, but the problem is figuring out just what exactly mental cases/characteristics lead to shooting people.

Mister D
10-05-2015, 02:29 PM

Useful to who or what? Liberal capitalism? The very system that snuffs out human diversity? Yes, I understand that human difference is not particularly useful to liberal capitalists and gets their dander up but, quite frankly, fuck liberal capitalists. Secondly, the reason people are moving around is because they simply can't make a living at home anymore. It's hardly because they want to. I don't see that in a positive light. Neither do the migrants who are forced to uproot themselves. Neither do the hosts who have to accommodate these migrants. Seems like most of us are getting screwed.

The racial divide, as it manifests itself in clustering, trust, and social cohesion, stems from our nature. It's just a basic human psychological trait that will not change any time soon. Ill will, violence etc., OTOH, is not natural but largely the result of an increasingly globalized system that severely limits our political expression. Is it any wonder people turn to identitarian movements when their role as a citizen has been stripped of meaning and function?

Quite frankly, Dr. Who, I think you're on the wrong side. I don't understand why you would look kindly on a system that destroys communities particularly in light of the fact that the global community you hold out hope for is and always will be a phantasm.

Dr. Who
10-05-2015, 05:51 PM
Useful to who or what? Liberal capitalism? The very system that snuffs out human diversity? Yes, I understand that human difference is not particularly useful to liberal capitalists and gets their dander up but, quite frankly, fuck liberal capitalists. Secondly, the reason people are moving around is because they simply can't make a living at home anymore. It's hardly because they want to. I don't see that in a positive light. Neither do the migrants who are forced to uproot themselves. Neither do the hosts who have to accommodate these migrants. Seems like most of us are getting screwed.

The racial divide, as it manifests itself in clustering, trust, and social cohesion, stems from our nature. It's just a basic human psychological trait that will not change any time soon. Ill will, violence etc., OTOH, is not natural but largely the result of an increasingly globalized system that severely limits our political expression. Is it any wonder people turn to identitarian movements when their role as a citizen has been stripped of meaning and function?

Quite frankly, Dr. Who, I think you're on the wrong side. I don't understand why you would look kindly on a system that destroys communities particularly in light of the fact that the global community you hold out hope for is and always will be a phantasm.
Capitalism isn't just a liberal notion. It is the way this world works - it's not my favorite economic model, but I don't see it changing anytime soon. The fact that people move for economic reasons is not always in the sense of economic migrants. People with degrees in specific fields have to go where employment exists for their fields of expertise. They often chose those fields knowing they would have to move to where the work is. Of course there are the true economic migrants, leaving 2nd and 3rd world countries in favor of 1'st world opportunities. However, so long as the business of the 1st world is taking advantage of the depressed economies and corruption of the 2nd and 3rd world, you will have economic migration. It's just a fact. You have to live in an impenetrable jungle or on the side of a mountain to escape that reality.

Cthulhu
10-05-2015, 08:57 PM
`
You might want to read this; Truth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth).
A long article, which does nothing but complicate and rather simple and binary concept.

Mister D
10-06-2015, 11:20 AM
Capitalism isn't just a liberal notion. It is the way this world works - it's not my favorite economic model, but I don't see it changing anytime soon. The fact that people move for economic reasons is not always in the sense of economic migrants. People with degrees in specific fields have to go where employment exists for their fields of expertise. They often chose those fields knowing they would have to move to where the work is. Of course there are the true economic migrants, leaving 2nd and 3rd world countries in favor of 1'st world opportunities. However, so long as the business of the 1st world is taking advantage of the depressed economies and corruption of the 2nd and 3rd world, you will have economic migration. It's just a fact. You have to live in an impenetrable jungle or on the side of a mountain to escape that reality.

Capitalism (i.e. market society and consumerism) is definitely a liberal phenomenon and "the world", as you say, was made to work that way. This wasn't inevitable and it wasn't an accident. If you feel defeated by it you will be. Not much I can say about that.

Millions of people have been uprooted all over the globe. They far outnumber the professionals you refer to. I know you hold this "citizen of the world" concept dear but it's just not the reality of economic migration. As for the changes wrought by the global market if you're happy with them then own them. I don't want to hear about exploitation and so forth from anyone who largely accepts it. With all due respect, I sense a certain duplicity on your part...

Common
10-06-2015, 11:22 AM

Suppostion doesnt justify this polwatch as it wouldnt if it were someone else. The point is the media purposely mischaracterizes to whatever the flavor of the day is

Dr. Who
10-06-2015, 05:08 PM
Capitalism (i.e. market society and consumerism) is definitely a liberal phenomenon and "the world", as you say, was made to work that way. This wasn't inevitable and it wasn't an accident. If you feel defeated by it you will be. Not much I can say about that.

Millions of people have been uprooted all over the globe. They far outnumber the professionals you refer to. I know you hold this "citizen of the world" concept dear but it's just not the reality of economic migration. As for the changes wrought by the global market if you're happy with them then own them. I don't want to hear about exploitation and so forth from anyone who largely accepts it. With all due respect, I sense a certain duplicity on your part...
Admitting that this is the current state of affairs and accepting it are two different things, however there is little that I can do about it, other than not voting for the people who promote it. However the world has become too small for the world of yore where you have contained cultures and static populations. Population pressures are also causing migration. The more people that you have on the planet, the more they will migrate, for whatever reason. The fact that I am not a xenophobe really has nothing to do with it. It's not duplicity, it's realism.