PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton Mocks Ben Carson, Ted Cruz on Gay Rights

TrueBlue
10-04-2015, 12:09 AM
Hillary Clinton Mocks Ben Carson, Ted Cruz on Gay Rights
By Liz Kreutz

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-mocks-ben-carson-ted-cruz-gay/story?id=34223164

"The people here today deserve a lot of credit for making it happen. You've helped change a lot of minds, including mine, and I am personally very grateful for that," she said."

"During the opening of her remarks, Clinton said, "It is great to be back with the other HRC ... there’s no one else I’d rather share my initials with.”

"And later, when promising to fight for LGBT rights as president, she said this: "That’s a promise, from one HRC to another."

=================================================

IMHO,

Indeed Hillary has evolved on the Gay rights issue and for the better. The Human Rights Campaign helped her with that and it is obvious she is quite grateful to them and has pledged to support the LGBT Community as president. Now, what's the problem on the Republican side? Ignorance of the fact that over 60% of Americans now fully support Same-Sex Marriage? Intolerance? Prejudice? They should make the same pledge as Hillary. Thanks to ABC News for this report.

Cletus
10-04-2015, 02:17 AM
You already have and have had for quite a number of years, the same rights as everyone else.

You deserve nothing more than that.

iustitia
10-04-2015, 03:15 AM
Stood by husband as he signed Defense of Marriage Act in 1996.

"Marriage has got historic, religious and moral content that goes back to the beginning of time and I think a marriage is as a marriage has always been, between a man and a woman." - 2000

"I believe marriage is not just a bond but a sacred bond between a man and a woman. ... the fundamental bedrock principle that [marriage] exists between a man and a woman, going back into the midst of history as one of the founding, foundational institutions of history and humanity and civilization, and that its primary, principal role during those millennia has been the raising and socializing of children for the society into which they are to become adults.” - 2006

''I support states making the decision on marriage" - 2006

"I am going to leave [the morality of homosexuality] to others to conclude" - 2007

"And in our country, the issue of same-sex marriage, which is a -- is a matter left to each state, each state sets the rules -- is proceeding on a state-by-state basis. I think that is the best way for it to proceed.I have not supported same-sex marriage. I have supported civil partnerships and contractual relationships. Yet I am supportive of our states taking actions that they believe reflects the evolution of attitudes about this." - 2010

Running for president? "OMFGawd Ghey equalitayyy!!!" - 2015

Clinton is a political prostitute. But I repeat myself.

TrueBlue
10-04-2015, 12:11 PM

"Marriage has got historic, religious and moral content that goes back to the beginning of time and I think a marriage is as a marriage has always been, between a man and a woman." - 2000

"I believe marriage is not just a bond but a sacred bond between a man and a woman. ... the fundamental bedrock principle that [marriage] exists between a man and a woman, going back into the midst of history as one of the founding, foundational institutions of history and humanity and civilization, and that its primary, principal role during those millennia has been the raising and socializing of children for the society into which they are to become adults.” - 2006

"I am going to leave [the morality of homosexuality] to others to conclude" - 2007

"And in our country, the issue of same-sex marriage, which is a -- is a matter left to each state, each state sets the rules -- is proceeding on a state-by-state basis. I think that is the best way for it to proceed.I have not supported same-sex marriage. I have supported civil partnerships and contractual relationships. Yet I am supportive of our states taking actions that they believe reflects the evolution of attitudes about this." - 2010

You are quite despicable casting aspersions on Hillary Clinton. It's quite obvious that to you a person cannot evolve for the better such as to recognize the rights of ALL Americans including those of a different sexual orientation. It is important to do so as those persons have done you no personal harm. President Obama has evolved from that same viewpoint that he previously held and so has Hillary. For that, they are to be highly commended on their new stance.

When you have a new law of the land such as that regarding same-sex marriage and the right to it and you continue to harp away and hold on to draconian, antiquated beliefs that the LGBT Community is inferior and not deserving of the same rights that other Americans have you are just plain wrong. That, despite the fact that they too work and pay their taxes thus, contribute to the overall economy. They go to worship in church. They have or adopt children to add to their family. And they proudly serve in the military so that this country cannot be taken over by radical forces and so that you can continue to post your viewpoints here, radical as they too may be, then you are quite obviously on the wrong side of history since any challenge by radical right-wing groups concerning the RIGHT of Gay people to marry will be met with great dissent by the courts as they now have Federal Law to fully support and back their decisions.

hanger4
10-04-2015, 12:41 PM
You are quite despicable casting aspersions on Hillary Clinton. It's quite obvious that to you a person cannot evolve for the better such as to recognize the rights of ALL Americans including those of a different sexual orientation. It is important to do so as those persons have done you no personal harm. President Obama has evolved from that same viewpoint that he previously held and so has Hillary. For that, they are to be highly commended on their new stance.

When you have a new law of the land such as that regarding same-sex marriage and the right to it and you continue to harp away and hold on to draconian, antiquated beliefs that the LGBT Community is inferior and not deserving of the same rights that other Americans have you are just plain wrong. That, despite the fact that they too work and pay their taxes thus, contribute to the overall economy. They go to worship in church. They have or adopt children to add to their family. And they proudly serve in the military so that this country cannot be taken over by radical forces and so that you can continue to post your viewpoints here, radical as they too may be, then you are quite obviously on the wrong side of history since any challenge by radical right-wing groups concerning the RIGHT of Gay people to marry will be met with great dissent by the courts as they now have Federal Law to fully support and back their decisions.

Gotta love it TrueBlue .In your delusional reality Dems evolve Repubs flip-flop. LOL

hanger4
10-04-2015, 01:17 PM
You are quite despicable casting aspersions on Hillary Clinton. It's quite obvious that to you a person cannot evolve for the better such as to recognize the rights of ALL Americans including those of a different sexual orientation. It is important to do so as those persons have done you no personal harm. President Obama has evolved from that same viewpoint that he previously held and so has Hillary. For that, they are to be highly commended on their new stance.When you have a new law of the land such as that regarding same-sex marriage and the right to it and you continue to harp away and hold on to draconian, antiquated beliefs that the LGBT Community is inferior and not deserving of the same rights that other Americans have you are just plain wrong. That, despite the fact that they too work and pay their taxes thus, contribute to the overall economy. They go to worship in church. They have or adopt children to add to their family. And they proudly serve in the military so that this country cannot be taken over by radical forces and so that you can continue to post your viewpoints here, radical as they too may be, then you are quite obviously on the wrong side of history since any challenge by radical right-wing groups concerning the RIGHT of Gay people to marry will be met with great dissent by the courts as they now have Federal Law to fully support and back their decisions. BTW "aspersions" ?? What better way to show someones hypocrisy than attack them with their own words. Hell you do it all the time.

TrueBlue
10-04-2015, 01:23 PM
BTW "aspersions" ?? What better way to show someones hypocrisy than attack them with their own words. Hell you do it all the time.

Calm down, hanger, I realize you must be a very unhappy person to always remain in negative mode.

hanger4
10-04-2015, 01:35 PM
Calm down, hanger, I realize you must be a very unhappy person to always remain in negative mode.

I'm always calm TrueBlue, just enjoying watching you hypocrite all over yourself. LOL

Mister D
10-04-2015, 01:39 PM

Aren't most of them? I doubt Clinton really has strong convictions about anything. She'll "believe" whatever is safe to believe in electoral terms. Claiming Clinton evolved demonstrates an embarrassing level of naivety.

TrueBlue
10-04-2015, 01:48 PM
I'm always calm TrueBlue, just enjoying watching you hypocrite all over yourself. LOL

Your nonsensical reply is exactly why I have had you on Ignore for some time now due to your pixilated postings. And on that note this will serve as notice that I shall entertain the position of not replying to you any further on anything you may have to say as it is always fraught with nothing but nonsense and not worth my time in replying.

TrueBlue
10-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Aren't most of them? I doubt Clinton really has strong convictions about anything. She'll "believe" whatever is safe to believe in electoral terms. Claiming Clinton evolved demonstrates an embarrassing level of naivety.

Why would it? If people did not evolve from their previous stance on issues that many times are due to wrong-headed thinking they would not become the great people they are today!

The Xl
10-04-2015, 01:54 PM

Lel, Hillary supporters just got rekt

Boris The Animal
10-04-2015, 01:55 PM
Why would it? If people did not evolve from their previous stance on issues that many times are due to wrong-headed thinking they would not become the great people they are today!
They're only "great" if they are a whacked out Leftist like you.

TrueBlue
10-04-2015, 02:00 PM
They're only "great" if they are a whacked out Leftist like you.

I give everyone a chance to evolve! Especially the bigoted religious right-wingers who really need to evolve from their wrong way of thinking on Gay issues.

hanger4
10-04-2015, 02:03 PM
Your nonsensical reply is exactly why I have had you on Ignore for some time now due to your pixilated postings. And on that note this will serve as notice that I shall entertain the position of not replying to you any further on anything you may have to say as it is always fraught with nothing but nonsense and not worth my time in replying.

Your lack of understanding and lack of comprehending basics facts is on you TrueBlue. You just chastised iustitia for impugning Hillary's reputation yet you do the same to Repub polys all the time. Why is ok to suly the reputation of Repubs while you take offence when someone does it to a poly you support ??

Mister D
10-04-2015, 02:08 PM

Clinton is the same person she was when she was against gay marriage: an unprincipled whore.

zelmo1234
10-04-2015, 05:18 PM

What really amazes me is that liberals will believe anyone, even if they hint that they are turning toward their chosen perversion. The Pope, of course the Church is not changing his stance. But they are willing to believe that Mrs. Clinton has changed her mind and is not just using them as tools. The women that has been caught in more lies than possible anyone on earth

The Can be no doubt, after all of the law suits that have been filed. The LBGT community wants preferential treatment because they are different.

It is totoally

Dr. Who
10-04-2015, 06:05 PM
What really amazes me is that liberals will believe anyone, even if they hint that they are turning toward their chosen perversion. The Pope, of course the Church is not changing his stance. But they are willing to believe that Mrs. Clinton has changed her mind and is not just using them as tools. The women that has been caught in more lies than possible anyone on earth

The Can be no doubt, after all of the law suits that have been filed. The LBGT community wants preferential treatment because they are different.

It is totoally
If it's a perversion, it's the oldest one of all time. It's been with us since before bible. Something that transcends the entire history of the human race may well be an anomaly but not a perversion, but simply a statistical reality among human births. Several thousand years ago, there was no media, nor any modern ideas and yet in every tribe in every part of the human world there have always been people who were same sex attracted. It even exists in the animal kingdom. That is not a perversion, that is a different birth outcome. It is a part of nature on this planet. You may as well rail against the weather and determine that is either due to the benevolence or the wrath of God. Far more primitive peoples (from our perspective), understood this reality and did not denounce or reject these people, but accepted the reality of their difference. I'm not sure why in the 21st century, when we have so much more information at our disposal than those primitive tribes, that we need to demonize those who are born different.

Boris The Animal
10-04-2015, 06:43 PM
If it's a perversion, it's the oldest one of all time. It's been with us since before bible. Something that transcends the entire history of the human race may well be an anomaly but not a perversion, but simply a statistical reality among human births. Several thousand years ago, there was no media, nor any modern ideas and yet in every tribe in every part of the human world there have always been people who were same sex attracted. It even exists in the animal kingdom. That is not a perversion, that is a different birth outcome. It is a part of nature on this planet. You may as well rail against the weather and determine that is either due to the benevolence or the wrath of God. Far more primitive peoples (from our perspective), understood this reality and did not denounce or reject these people, but accepted the reality of their difference. I'm not sure why in the 21st century, when we have so much more information at our disposal than those primitive tribes, that we need to demonize those who are born different.Sexual immorality is a sin not only against God, but the body as well.

Boris The Animal
10-04-2015, 06:44 PM
I give everyone a chance to evolve! Especially the bigoted religious right-wingers who really need to evolve from their wrong way of thinking on Gay issues.
So you disparage people of faith unless they are Communists like you.

Ravens Fan
10-04-2015, 06:50 PM
Sexual immorality is a sin not only against God, but the body as well.

Sounds like that will be an issue between the individual and God then, right? It is not for you to judge. But then, I have a hunch that God loves all of his children...

Green Arrow
10-04-2015, 08:46 PM
Reading TrueBlue's posts makes me throw up a bit in my mouth. I mean, we have a lot of shills on this forum, but they are all positive free thinkers compared to TrueBlue. I have to wonder if she's getting paid by the Clinton campaign and DNC to post.

Captain Obvious
10-04-2015, 08:51 PM
Sexual immorality is a sin not only against God, but the body as well.

Idiocy is also a sin.

leekohler2
10-05-2015, 02:23 AM

But yet, on this issue, you continue to lose.

leekohler2
10-05-2015, 02:26 AM

My parents are Christians. I am their gay son. They approve of SSM. Are they communists now? WTF?

hanger4
10-05-2015, 06:54 AM
But yet, on this issue, you continue to lose.

So TrueBlue chastises a poster for impugning HC's reputation while at the same time she impugnings Repubs reputations regularly. Sorry leekohler2 . TrueBlues hypocrisy is the looser and now you.

BB-35
10-05-2015, 07:01 AM
If it's a perversion, it's the oldest one of all time. It's been with us since before bible. Something that transcends the entire history of the human race may well be an anomaly but not a perversion, but simply a statistical reality among human births. Several thousand years ago, there was no media, nor any modern ideas and yet in every tribe in every part of the human world there have always been people who were same sex attracted. It even exists in the animal kingdom. That is not a perversion, that is a different birth outcome. It is a part of nature on this planet. You may as well rail against the weather and determine that is either due to the benevolence or the wrath of God. Far more primitive peoples (from our perspective), understood this reality and did not denounce or reject these people, but accepted the reality of their difference. I'm not sure why in the 21st century, when we have so much more information at our disposal than those primitive tribes, that we need to demonize those who are born different.
Name the 'far more primitive people'

leekohler2
10-05-2015, 09:53 AM
So TrueBlue chastises a poster for impugning HC's reputation while at the same time she impugnings Repubs reputations regularly. Sorry @leekohler2 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=727) . TrueBlues hypocrisy is the looser and now you.

At least I can spell "loser" correctly. ;)

leekohler2
10-05-2015, 09:55 AM

Native Americans, before we destroyed their culture. That's just one off the top of my head.

http://www.firstpeople.us/articles/the-two-spirit-people-of-indigenous-north-americans.html

Matty
10-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Ate least I can spell "loser" correctly. ;)

"Ate"

leekohler2
10-05-2015, 09:58 AM
"Ate"

Corrected. Thank you.

Truth Detector
10-05-2015, 10:03 AM

Rep added; post is spot on.

Truth Detector
10-05-2015, 10:06 AM

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t542/apple-sauce38/Positive%20Reactions/laughing/biglaugh7_zpsd701e485.gif

Truth Detector
10-05-2015, 10:08 AM

So let me get this straight; when a Liberal changes their political position, it's called evolving, when a Conservative changes theirs, it's called hypocrisy?

Truth Detector
10-05-2015, 10:11 AM

So they're wrong because they don't goose step march in sync with your views?

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t542/apple-sauce38/Positive%20Reactions/laughing/biglaugh7_zpsd701e485.gif

Truth Detector
10-05-2015, 10:13 AM

^True story

Truth Detector
10-05-2015, 10:17 AM
Idiocy is also a sin.

Really? Can you cite the biblical passage for that? That's a rhetorical question in that anyone with a brain knows you made it up to thread troll again. You're quite good at it. Substance, not so much.

Truth Detector
10-05-2015, 10:18 AM
My parents are Christians. I am their gay son. They approve of SSM. Are they communists now? WTF?

I've never found anectdotal bull on a forum as being a compelling form of argument.

If your parents believe that marraige is whatever the courts say it is, they're not Christians.

Truth Detector
10-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Corrected. Thank you.

But what wasn't corrected is your smarmy response to Raven about a misspelling while making a similar mistake. We call that irony.

Matty
10-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Really? Can you cite the biblical passage for that? That's a rhetorical question in that anyone with a brain knows you made it up to thread troll again. You're quite good at it. Substance, not so much.

I've never found anectdotal bull on a forum as being a compelling form of argument.

If your parents believe that marraige is whatever the courts say it is, they're not Christians.

You are way too judgemental. Not every American is a Christian. Everyone has different ways of living their lives. If gay people marry it really does not affect you.

domer76
10-05-2015, 10:27 AM
You already have and have had for quite a number of years, the same rights as everyone else.

Another absurdly stupid "you've had the same rights" bullshit. When are you bigots going to give that one up?

domer76
10-05-2015, 10:32 AM

I've been one to evolve over the years. There was a time in my life where I used all the ugly stereotypical bullshit and would have refused to have my kids taught by a gay. But then again, I'm no Leviticus cherry picker and have to capacity to think for myself. No do for the Neolithic troglodytes I see on these threads

leekohler2
10-05-2015, 10:53 AM

Hmm...I've never found idiotic opinions of uneducated forum posters to be a compelling form of argument.

My parents are Christians. There are plenty of Christians who are fine with SSM. You don't get to make any claim that they are not Christians. No one died and made you god.

domer76
10-05-2015, 10:54 AM

I doubt idiocy is a sin. Or douchebaggery. However, if they were, neither the Pope nor all the prayer in the world would save your sorry ass from eternal damnation.

leekohler2
10-05-2015, 10:55 AM
I doubt idiocy is a sin. Or douchebaggery. However, if they were, neither the Pope nor all the prayer in the world would save your sorry ass from eternal damnation.

That's for damn sure.

domer76
10-05-2015, 10:56 AM

Who the fuck are you to decide whether they are Christians? What a sanctimonious POS.

leekohler2
10-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Who the $#@! are you to decide whether they are Christians? What a sanctimonious POS.

Apparently, he thinks he is the authority on religion.

hanger4
10-05-2015, 11:37 AM
At least I can spell "loser" correctly. ;)

Which doesn't change your or TrueBlues hypocrisy.

nathanbforrest45
10-05-2015, 11:47 AM
I've been one to evolve over the years. There was a time in my life where I used all the ugly stereotypical bull$#@! and would have refused to have my kids taught by a gay. But then again, I'm no Leviticus cherry picker and have to capacity to think for myself. No do for the Neolithic troglodytes I see on these threads

Would you be comfortable with an openly heterosexual teacher discussing her sex life with your 3rd grader?

domer76
10-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Would you be comfortable with an openly heterosexual teacher discussing her sex life with your 3rd grader?

What in the fuck type of hypothetical bullshit are you trying to concoct?

leekohler2
10-05-2015, 12:03 PM

What are you even talking about?

leekohler2
10-05-2015, 12:04 PM
Which doesn't change your or TrueBlues hypocrisy.

What hypocrisy am I displaying? Do you just make things up to see if it'll stick? All I ever commented on was that the right is losing on the gay rights issue.

TrueBlue
10-05-2015, 12:28 PM

Some people of faith do a damn good job of disparaging themselves without any help from anyone else.

And quit calling me names that do not apply, I can think of quite a few for you that I won't mention because that is against forum rules.

hanger4
10-05-2015, 01:47 PM
What hypocrisy am I displaying? Do you just make things up to see if it'll stick? All I ever commented on was that the right is losing on the gay rights issue.

Then you inserted yourself into a conversation of which you knew nothing about.

leekohler2
10-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Then you inserted yourself into a conversation of which you knew nothing about.

I commented on the topic of the thread. Forgive me for doing that instead of commenting on your off-topic rant.

And that is still not hypocrisy.

hanger4
10-05-2015, 03:18 PM
I commented on the topic of the thread. Forgive me for doing that instead of commenting on your off-topic rant.

And that is still not hypocrisy.

You'd be better off starting on page 1 and familiarize yourself with the conversation TrueBlue and I were having.

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Sounds like that will be an issue between the individual and God then, right? It is not for you to judge. But then, I have a hunch that God loves all of his children...
God's children are only those who accepted Christ as Lord and Savior.

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 05:24 PM
My parents are Christians. I am their gay son. They approve of SSM. Are they communists now? WTF?I doubt they are saved at all. The Bible makes it abundantly clear in both the OT and NT that homosexuality is an abomination.

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Some people of faith do a damn good job of disparaging themselves without any help from anyone else.

And quit calling me names that do not apply, I can think of quite a few for you that I won't mention because that is against forum rules. The shoe fits, Bolshevik. Anyone who adopts a decidedly Leftist stance like you IS a Communist and an enemy of the US

Dr. Who
10-05-2015, 05:30 PM
People who lived a tribal way of life.

Green Arrow
10-05-2015, 05:31 PM
I doubt they are saved at all. The Bible makes it abundantly clear in both the OT and NT that homosexuality is an abomination.

Burning incense, cheating in business, having a psychic reading or checking a horoscope, women wearing pants, haughtiness, lying, killing the innocent, wicked scheming, seeking out evil, and general troublemaking are all also abominations. So is divorce, and adultery. Arrogance is an abomination. Eating food that isn't kosher is an abomination.

Should we ban all of these things?

Professor Peabody
10-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Hillary Clinton Mocks Ben Carson, Ted Cruz on Gay Rights
By Liz Kreutz

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-mocks-ben-carson-ted-cruz-gay/story?id=34223164

=================================================

IMHO,

Indeed Hillary has evolved on the Gay rights issue and for the better. The Human Rights Campaign helped her with that and it is obvious she is quite grateful to them and has pledged to support the LGBT Community as president. Now, what's the problem on the Republican side? Ignorance of the fact that over 60% of Americans now fully support Same-Sex Marriage? Intolerance? Prejudice? They should make the same pledge as Hillary. Thanks to ABC News for this report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I1-r1YgK9I

Evolved? You mean flip flopped. How do you know her position on Gay Marriage won't "evolve" right back the minute she's elected? So unreliable she doesn't deserve to be President.

Mister D
10-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Hillary Clinton will not adopt any position that can potentially hurt her politically. That's not to pick on Clinton. She's merely representative of our entire political class. I truly pity anyone who genuinely believes the recent polls regarding gay marriage and Clinton's "evolution" are coincidental. Ditto Obomba.

domer76
10-05-2015, 07:13 PM

lol. Children's stories

domer76
10-05-2015, 07:13 PM
I doubt they are saved at all. The Bible makes it abundantly clear in both the OT and NT that homosexuality is an abomination.

It also said something about people being turned into salt pillars

domer76
10-05-2015, 07:15 PM
Burning incense, cheating in business, having a psychic reading or checking a horoscope, women wearing pants, haughtiness, lying, killing the innocent, wicked scheming, seeking out evil, and general troublemaking are all also abominations. So is divorce, and adultery. Arrogance is an abomination. Eating food that isn't kosher is an abomination.

Should we ban all of these things?

Only women wearing pants. Unless of course, they are tight pants

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 07:42 PM
lol. Children's stories
The only fairy tale you believe is the one Satan has fed you.

Mister D
10-05-2015, 07:48 PM

That's not true. He also believes that the 2nd Amendment will be repealed. :laugh:

domer76
10-05-2015, 07:49 PM

lol

domer76
10-05-2015, 07:51 PM
That's not true. He also believes that the 2nd Amendment will be repealed. :laugh:

D, you are either stupid or a liar, or a little of both.

Mister D
10-05-2015, 07:52 PM
D, you are either stupid or a liar, or a little of both.

You want to ban guns too. You're a loon, domer. :laugh:

Ravens Fan
10-05-2015, 08:17 PM

That is not how I was taught. You are one of god's children whether you accept it or not.

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 08:59 PM
That is not how I was taught. You are one of god's children whether you accept it or not.
Not according to John 3:3. "Unless a man is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God" IOW, since we are born sinners, it is impossible for a Holy God to allow us into His presence. Hence the need for Calvary. Without the shedding of Christ's blood, there can be no forgiveness of sin. And that's mankind's most basic need. Your teaching is tantamount to heresy.

Green Arrow
10-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Not according to John 3:3. "Unless a man is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God" IOW, since we are born sinners, it is impossible for a Holy God to allow us into His presence. Hence the need for Calvary. Without the shedding of Christ's blood, there can be no forgiveness of sin. And that's mankind's most basic need. Your teaching is tantamount to heresy.

Nothing you quoted or said counters the idea that all people are G-d's children.

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Nothing you quoted or said counters the idea that all people are G-d's children.Sure it does. Anyone that rejects Christ is an ENEMY of God. They may be God's creation, but they are not God's children.

Ravens Fan
10-05-2015, 09:12 PM

That does not support your claim, it talks about entering the kingdom of heaven, not being one of God's children. If your child does something you disagree with, are they no longer your child?

I was taught that we are all God's children, whether we choose to accept God or not has no bearing on that aspect of it.

I noticed you totally ignored the first part of my statement though. What does someone else's sin against God have to do with you? Are you not supposed to love the sinner and hate the sin? Why then do you sit in judgment of other's sins? Also, the idea that Homosexuality is specifically condemned several times in the bible is faulted at best.

Ravens Fan
10-05-2015, 09:14 PM
Sure it does. Anyone that rejects Christ is an ENEMY of God. They may be God's creation, but they are not God's children.

Got anything to back that up with? I'm not very religious anymore, but I know better.

Green Arrow
10-05-2015, 09:15 PM
Sure it does. Anyone that rejects Christ is an ENEMY of God. They may be God's creation, but they are not God's children.

That is also unfounded. We know for a fact from the scriptures that G-d does not view those who turn away from Him as an enemy, but as a lost lamb. If we were all His enemies for turning our backs on Him, He wouldn't love us enough to send His son to die for humanity. That misguided view completely contradicts every action G-d has taken throughout time to bring our species closer to Him.

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 09:16 PM
That does not support your claim, it talks about entering the kingdom of heaven, not being one of God's children. If your child does something you disagree with, are they no longer your child?

I was taught that we are all God's children, whether we choose to accept God or not has no bearing on that aspect of it.

I noticed you totally ignored the first part of my statement though. What does someone else's sin against God have to do with you? Are you not supposed to love the sinner and hate the sin? Why then do you sit in judgment of other's sins? Also, the idea that Homosexuality is specifically condemned several times in the bible is faulted at best.
First of all. to convey the truth of the Gospel, a Christian needs to point to the depravity of man, and that includes sin. Second, God's design for sex was never meant to be same gender. This is why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed.

maineman
10-05-2015, 09:17 PM

the right to marry the person they love?

Green Arrow
First of all. to convey the truth of the Gospel, a Christian needs to point to the depravity of man, and that includes sin. Second, God's design for sex was never meant to be same gender. This is why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed.

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed for a number of reasons, men having sex with men was only one of them, and a relatively minor one at that.

Boris The Animal
That is also unfounded. We know for a fact from the scriptures that G-d does not view those who turn away from Him as an enemy, but as a lost lamb. If we were all His enemies for turning our backs on Him, He wouldn't love us enough to send His son to die for humanity. That misguided view completely contradicts every action G-d has taken throughout time to bring our species closer to Him.Then you obviously haven't read Revelation 20 and the fate of all who reject Christ.

Green Arrow
10-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Then you obviously haven't read Revelation 20 and the fate of all who reject Christ.

I have. Their fate is to face judgment just like the staunchest of believers, and if they do not pass judgment due to the blood of Christ on their record, they will suffer an eternity away from Him.

They are still not enemies.

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 09:21 PM
I have. Their fate is to face judgment just like the staunchest of believers, and if they do not pass judgment due to the blood of Christ on their record, they will suffer an eternity away from Him.

They are still not enemies.Then you admit that the ONLY way to Him is through Messiah, and nobody else. The ONLY way that one can enter into heaven is not through good deeds vs bad deeds, but through the blood of the Lamb.

Green Arrow
10-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Then you admit that the ONLY way to Him is through Messiah, and nobody else. The ONLY way that one can enter into heaven is not through good deeds vs bad deeds, but through the blood of the Lamb.

That is Christian doctrine, yes. What is not correct is the idea that G-d views the lost as enemies.

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 09:29 PM
That is Christian doctrine, yes. What is not correct is the idea that G-d views the lost as enemies.
Wrong. God considers those who reject Christ as goats.

Ravens Fan
10-05-2015, 09:30 PM

To convey the truth of the gospel, one should probably make sure the gospel is correct. There have been threads on here where it has been shown that the interpretation of the Hebrew word for male prostitute and/or child prostitute were mis-interpreted as male on male sex. That completely changes the whole message to God talking about non-consensual sex, rather than gay sex. I have read about it several places, but after working 2 jobs today, I am too tired to look for it.

Either way, if gay sex was such an aberration, don't you think it would've been in the 10 Commandments or something?

maineman
10-05-2015, 09:32 PM
To convey the truth of the gospel, one should probably make sure the gospel is correct. There have been threads on here where it has been shown that the interpretation of the Hebrew word for male prostitute and/or child prostitute were mis-interpreted as male on male sex. That completely changes the whole message to God talking about non-consensual sex, rather than gay sex. I have read about it several places, but after working 2 jobs today, I am too tired to look for it.

Either way, if gay sex was such an aberration, don't you think it would've been in the 10 Commandments or something?

like eating shell fish or mixing fabrics?

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 09:33 PM

Either way, if gay sex was such an aberration, don't you think it would've been in the 10 Commandments or something?It falls under adultery. Any sex outside of God's ordained design of one man-one woman mated for life, is considered adulterous. Plus the Decalogue was not meant to be followed under our own strength, It was (and is) a mirror to show us how wicked mankind really is.

TrueBlue
10-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Then you admit that the ONLY way to Him is through Messiah, and nobody else. The ONLY way that one can enter into heaven is not through good deeds vs bad deeds, but through the blood of the Lamb.

Absolutely that is the ONLY way, through salvation by Jesus Christ (The Blood of the Lamb!) Good deeds do not get anyone into Heaven though it is great to do them. It is written in Scripture that you should know about already.

"Jesus saith unto him, I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." -- JOHN 14:6 (KJV)

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." -- JOHN 3:3 (KJV)

Green Arrow
10-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Wrong. God considers those who reject Christ as goats.

Except again, your interpretation is flawed in that it contradicts the very nature of G-d's grace toward us. If G-d viewed us as enemies, He never would have sent His son to die for us. According to Paul in Romans 5:8, He chose to send Jesus while we were still sinners, while we were ALL rejecting Him. By saying that G-d only loves those who come to know Him, you are in essence denying the very nature of G-d's love, which is unconditional.

Green Arrow
10-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Furthermore, I find the doctrine of original sin distasteful. It's backing in scripture is rather thin and unconvincing. It's better understood that mankind has dual natures, good and evil, and that our natural state without G-d tends toward the evil nature.

Captain Obvious
10-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Except again, your interpretation is flawed in that it contradicts the very nature of G-d's grace toward us. If G-d viewed us as enemies, He never would have sent His son to die for us. According to Paul in Romans 5:8, He chose to send Jesus while we were still sinners, while we were ALL rejecting Him. By saying that G-d only loves those who come to know Him, you are in essence denying the very nature of G-d's love, which is unconditional.

Islam and Christianity are great examples of using faith as a tool for bigotry and oppression, which ironically are often counter to the pillars of those religions.

Green Arrow
10-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Also, it's worth noting that I have not followed Christianity for ten years, and I'm having to explain Christian theology to a Christian.

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Except again, your interpretation is flawed in that it contradicts the very nature of G-d's grace toward us. If G-d viewed us as enemies, He never would have sent His son to die for us. According to Paul in Romans 5:8, He chose to send Jesus while we were still sinners, while we were ALL rejecting Him. By saying that G-d only loves those who come to know Him, you are in essence denying the very nature of G-d's love, which is unconditional.But His love does not extend to allowing everyone into His heavenly kingdom.

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Also, it's worth noting that I have not followed Christianity for ten years, and I'm having to explain Christian theology to a Christian.Your flawed theory of Christianity, not the Truth.

maineman
10-05-2015, 09:40 PM
But His love does not extend to allowing everyone into His heavenly kingdom.

so you think that everyone who doesn't "make it in" is a full fledged "enemy" of God?

Captain Obvious
Also, it's worth noting that I have not followed Christianity for ten years, and I'm having to explain Christian theology to a Christian.

I'm not exactly a Christian theology expert but with some people it's softballs.

God also says that the day of judgment is his, not ours.

Boris The Animal
Furthermore, I find the doctrine of original sin distasteful. It's backing in scripture is rather thin and unconvincing. It's better understood that mankind has dual natures, good and evil, and that our natural state without G-d tends toward the evil nature.Unfortunately, that is the truth. Even Jeremiah writes that the human heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, who can know it? Paul writes that all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.

domer76

Then you are definitely fucked, Boris.

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 09:41 PM
so you think that everyone who doesn't "make it in" is a full fledged "enemy" of God?
Not me, but Scripture says that.

Captain Obvious

This cat thinks anyone left of Ron Reagan is a communist.

Boris The Animal
Then you are definitely $#@!ed, Boris.
My salvation is secured not in what I do, but in what God has done for me.

maineman
10-05-2015, 09:43 PM

and you think that you, being a total prick, are assured God's grace but others are not?

Captain Obvious
10-05-2015, 09:43 PM

Replace "God" with "government" and you're a classic progressive.

Bob
10-05-2015, 09:48 PM
It is too damned bad that the actress was much better looking and has a much nicer disposition than does Hillary. Hillary would cut the dog's throat if she felt it would help her.

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2013/08/25/the-filthy-mouth-of-hillary-clinton/

It is said that a measure of our character is how well we treat status inferiors – those whom we don’t have to treat well.
By that measure, the character of the woman who has ambitions to be America’s nextpresident is sorely lacking.
FOTM’s joworth forwarded us an email written by a retired United States Marine Corps colonel, Ed Schriber. What Col. Schriber did was to comb through books written about Hillary Rodham Clinton, quoting verbatim from pages in those books on Hillary’s penchant to use obscene blasphemous language, and the utter contempt and disdain she has for those who work for her or more correctly, her husband – Arkansas State troopers, Secret Service agents, and members of the U.S. military.
Since I don’t have those books in my personal library, I went on Amazon.com to verify those quotes by using Amazon’s “Look Inside” feature. In every case where Amazon provides a “Look Inside” feature, I was able to confirm the quotes and take a screenshot of the relevant passage.
Below is Col. Schriber’s email (colored dark red), interspersed with my verification from Amazon.com.

2 quotes

The next president of the United States ?“Where is the G*damn f**king flag! I want the G*damn f**king flag up every morning at f**king sunrise.”
-From the book Inside the White House, by Ronald Kessler, p.244 – Hillary to staff at the Arkansas Governor’s mansion on Labor Day 1991.
F**k off! It’s enough I have to see you shit-kickers every day, I’m not going to talk to you too!! Just do your G*damn job and keep your mouth shut.”
-From the book American Evita, by Christopher Anderson, p.90 – Hillary to her State Trooper body guards after one of them greeted her with “Good Morning”

domer76
10-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Unfortunately, that is the truth. Even Jeremiah writes that the human heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, who can know it? Paul writes that all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.

By and large, the human heart is good. It's the religious zealots such as yourself that poison the well of humanity. And if there is one, there is a special place in hell for you.

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 09:49 PM
and you think that you, being a total $#@!, are assured God's grace but others are not?Ephesians 2 VV 8-9 "For it is by grace we are saved and not of ourselves. It is the Gift of God, not of works that any man should boast". Clear enough for you? Anyone can come to God, but He provides only ONE way.

domer76
10-05-2015, 09:49 PM

lol

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 09:50 PM
By and large, the human heart is good. It's the religious zealots such as yourself that poison the well of humanity. And if there is one, there is a special place in hell for you.
Wrong again, dumber76. Throughout Scripture, we see mankind as damaged goods, but the cure is the Cross.

domer76
10-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Not me, but Scripture says that.

The unending use of the circular argument

domer76
10-05-2015, 09:51 PM
Ephesians 2 VV 8-9 "For it is by grace we are saved and not of ourselves. It is the Gift of God, not of works that any man should boast". Clear enough for you? Anyone can come to God, but He provides only ONE way.

Don't you get dizzy with the circularity?

Ravens Fan
10-05-2015, 09:51 PM
It falls under adultery. Any sex outside of God's ordained design of one man-one woman mated for life, is considered adulterous. Plus the Decalogue was not meant to be followed under our own strength, It was (and is) a mirror to show us how wicked mankind really is.

Anything at all to back this up? Gay sex is not adultery. Having sex with someone other than your spouse after marriage would be adultery. I know of no place in the bible that would make you even assume that?

TrueBlue
10-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Boris The Animal

"First of all. to convey the truth of the Gospel, a Christian needs to point to the depravity of man, and that includes sin. Second, God's design for sex was never meant to be same gender. This is why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed."

Uh, no. Actually the Biblical answer is just below. This fine website makes for some great Christian educational reading.

Anti-gay Evangelicals admit the Sodom story is NOT about homosexuality

http://www.gaychristian101.com/Sodom.html

"The Genesis 19 story has been used to attack gays and lesbians for hundreds of years but it is time for all Christians to admit the truth. After centuries of false teaching about what happened in S@dom 3800 years ago, anti-gay evangelical scholars admit the truth in writing. God's judgment on biblical S@dom had nothing to do with gays and lesbians."

Exactly my point! But God did not make an Eleventh Commandment chastising or condemning homosexual individuals. Neither did Jesus Christ, by whose blood we are saved. He spoke not one word against homosexuality ever in His earthly ministry. It is prejudiced man who has attempted to extrapolate from Biblical passages such as to fit their own bigoted belief system but that is wrong. God condemns promiscuity from both sexual orientations not the individuals themselves for being Gay, Lesbian, or Straight.

Captain Obvious
10-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Anything at all to back this up? Gay sex is not adultery. Having sex with someone other than your spouse after marriage would be adultery. I know of no place in the bible that would make you even assume that?

Sex outside of marriage is fornication.

He's confused.

domer76
10-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Wrong again, dumber76. Throughout Scripture, we see mankind as damaged goods, but the cure is the Cross.

Boris, you don't really see shit except through the prism of a book of stories from Bronze Age goatherders. Damn good thing yours is a dying breed

Green Arrow
10-05-2015, 09:59 PM

Of course not. If you throw every chance He gives you to enter His presence back into His face, eventually He will give up and give you the eternity away from Him that you clearly desire. That doesn't mean He doesn't still love your or views you as an enemy.

Green Arrow
10-05-2015, 10:04 PM
Unfortunately, that is the truth. Even Jeremiah writes that the human heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, who can know it? Paul writes that all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.

1) Read the whole verse. It isn't saying humans are completely, 100% evil. It's a metaphor to show that G-d knows what we cannot know. The last sentence of Jeremiah 17:9, where that reference comes from, says, "Who really knows how bad it (the human heart) really is?" Verse 10 then continues the lesson, "But I, the Lord, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve."

2) Paul said that all have sinned, he didn't say that we are all 100% evil and wicked. There's a difference between sinning and being completely evil. Someone who is completely evil has no chance of repentance, yet freely repenting of our sins is a vital part of salvation.

Green Arrow
10-05-2015, 10:05 PM

But what you do certainly impacts whether or not that salvation remains secured.

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Boris, you don't really see $#@! except through the prism of a book of stories from Bronze Age goatherders. Damn good thing yours is a dying breed
Nope, there are more younger people embracing the Truth rather than the fiction of karl marx which you espouse

Boris The Animal
10-05-2015, 10:07 PM
But what you do certainly impacts whether or not that salvation remains secured.Nope. I can never lose my salvation.

maineman
10-05-2015, 10:08 PM
Nope. I can never lose my salvation.

even if you ass fuck a male goat?

Green Arrow
10-05-2015, 10:10 PM
Nope. I can never lose my salvation.

That contradicts the scriptures. Faith without good works is dead, and those who do not love their fellow man as G-d has loved us will not find rest in His kingdom. Those are just two of many qualifiers.

It's not that you lose your salvation, it's that you never had it to begin with.

domer76
10-05-2015, 10:38 PM
Nope, there are more younger people embracing the Truth rather than the fiction of karl marx which you espouse

I never read Marx. Maybe Groucho, not Karl.

No pal, you're fooling yourself in more ways than one. Theologically, for sure. The thought that young people are buying your laughable bullshit is the other.

domer76
10-05-2015, 10:39 PM

Ok. THAT was funny!

iustitia
10-05-2015, 11:37 PM

lol

Professor Peabody
10-06-2015, 09:00 PM

Evolve? Homosexuality is an evolutionary cul-de-sac. Same sex couples can't reproduce without assistance from a member of the opposite sex. Not evolution but aberration.