PDA

View Full Version : I am dismayed by Candidate Mitt

Cigar
08-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Mormon Mitt Romney: The enigma

Former Romney secretary/Mormon bishop: "I am dismayed" by Candidate Mitt

But Tony Kimball, another long-time colleague, said he was "shocked" by Mr Romney's "end justifies the means" approach to trying to win the White House.

"There is no way that I can square what Mitt is doing and saying on the campaign trail with the Mitt I have known for 40 years and I don't know how he can square it either," said Mr Kimball, a retired university politics professor who served as another Boston area bishop and then spent seven years as Mr Romney's executive secretary when he was stake president.

"I am dismayed by the things he feels the need to do as a political candidate. This is foreign to the way he spoke and presided in the church. It's not the same person.

"The hard-edged individualism, the turning his back on the poor, the arguing that the rich deserve more tax breaks, that is all counter to what Mormonism teaches about compassion and collective care.

"Mitt seems to create a caricature of Obama and the Democrats and then attacks that creation. I think he lacks the antennae that a good politician needs and I have serious misgivings about how he would manage the White House."

http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report_mormon-mitt-romney-the-enigma_1729948-2

wingrider
08-20-2012, 09:28 AM
one vote for Mitt is a vote for Freedom

Smartmouthwoman
08-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Funny you left out this part. Such a stark reminder we never EVER heard such good things about Barack Obama.

From your link:

"In his sermons, one of the themes that I often heard Mitt discuss was 'Where much is given, much is required'," said Mr Bennett, who worked with Mr Romney at the Bain consulting business before the establishment of Bain Capital and now runs an electric components company. "That's why he's running for president. There is a simple and genuine element of Mitt wanting to give back.

"Central to his Sunday school teaching was how to apply the scriptures to live lives of honesty, forgiveness, tolerance and kindness."

Mr Romney's critics say it is those tenets - and his undisputed record of good works in his private life - that are in sharp contrast to his business career at Bain. The company has become a lightning rod on the campaign trail as symbolising "vulture capitalism" for the companies that it closed down and workers it laid off.

Mr Bennett instead sees evidence of Mormon traditions of self-reliance in the candidate's economic message. "He believes that many of society's ills are best addressed by families working together and individual morality," he said. "Government is not always the answer." He also cites the analytical skills that Mr Romney picked up taking dual degrees at Harvard's business and law schools.

Can't wait til we get a man of such high character in the oval office again. Surely haven't had one for the last 3-1/2 hrs.

Cigar
08-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Funny you left out this part. Such a stark reminder we never EVER heard such good things about Barack Obama.

From your link:

Can't wait til we get a man of such high character in the oval office again. Surely haven't had one for the last 3-1/2 hrs.

How many Bush Admins got indicted or went to Jail? :)

Wow .. just a Smart Mouth?

wingrider
08-20-2012, 09:52 AM

Bush is no longer relevant to the discussion ... just so you know.. Bush isn't running for any office..

Smartmouthwoman
08-20-2012, 09:53 AM

You're all over the place this morning, dear. Did you wake up desperate, or what?

Mainecoons
08-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Still running against Bush, eh Cigar?

My my, you are desperate. I would be too if I woke up to find one of my biggest lefty publications putting on their front cover that your boy needs to go.

:grin:

Cigar
08-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Bush is no longer relevant to the discussion ... just so you know.. Bush isn't running for any office..

Your But is Showing ... i can see why you want to forget. :)

:but:

Cigar
08-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Still running against Bush, eh Cigar?

My my, you are desperate. I would be too if I woke up to find one of my biggest lefty publications putting on their front cover that your boy needs to go.

:grin:

Yep ... about as long as you Con's ran against Carter and Clinton.

Can't have it both ways :)

Mainecoons
08-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Boy! Whining about Bush and tax returns. You clowns are really out of ammo, eh?

LOL

You better start looking for a real job, genius. I can't have you not working to pay my Social Security and Medicare!

:rofl:

Cigar
08-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Any idea when your Boy Mitt is going to give any specifics? :)

wingrider
08-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Your But is Showing ... i can see why you want to forget. :)

:but:
forget what? it seems you are the one forgetting that Bush is no longer relevant on the political front.

Mainecoons
08-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Not to mention the fact that this is hardly a division of the Bush Fan Club here. :rofl:

Peter1469
08-20-2012, 04:54 PM
So how is that economy, and the jobless numbers?