PDA

View Full Version : Wow: Victims Of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Don’t Get Pregnant

Cigar
08-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Republican Senate Nominee: Victims Of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Don’t Get Pregnant

Rep. Todd Akin, the Republican nominee for Senate in Missouri who is running against Sen. Claire McCaskill, justified his opposition to abortion rights even in case of rape with a claim that victims of “legitimate rape” have unnamed biological defenses that prevent pregnancy.

“First of all, from what I understand from doctors (pregnancy from rape) is really rare,” Akin told KTVI-TV in an interview posted Sunday. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

Akin said that even in the worst-case scenario — when the supposed natural protections against unwanted pregnancy fail — abortion should still not be a legal option for the rape victim.

“Let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work, or something,” Akin said. “I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.”

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/todd-akin-legitimate-rape.php?ref=fpa

Ladies and Gentlemen ... words of wisdom from another Republican Man on Women

God you Women must be proud

Mainecoons
08-20-2012, 10:24 AM
If I had a nickel for every time one of these Congressional fools puts his foot in his mouth, I'd be rich indeed. And if I had one for every time Biden does the same, I'd be Carlos Slim, world's richest guy.

:grin:

Cigar
08-20-2012, 10:26 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/120820-its-a-legitimate-disaster.jpg

Mainecoons
08-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Clutching at straws. . . . rofl:

Cigar
08-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Telling it exactly the way it comes out of "their' mouths;

Because you wouldn't want to take anything out of context :)

Mister D
08-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Telling it exactly the way it comes out of "their' mouths;

Because you wouldn't want to take anything out of context :)

You could be taking it out of context regardless. :smiley:

Venus
08-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Akin has since apologized.

Cigar do you think we will ever get an apology out of McCaskill for accusing Bush of purposely killing poor black people?

wingrider
08-20-2012, 10:54 AM
yawn ... disappointing thread... see ya

Cigar
08-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Akin has since apologized.

Cigar do you think we will ever get an apology out of McCaskill for accusing Bush of purposely killing poor black people?

WARNING WARNING WARING: Apparently George W Bush is relevant - correct Wingrider? :)

Once again, you can't have it both ways :)

Cigar
08-20-2012, 11:11 AM
yawn ... disappointing thread... see ya

Run little Flower ... Run :)

Mainecoons
08-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Hey Cig, why dontcha come on over to the Newsweek thread and have a good time reading the link?

Hiding out from the bad news again? :rofl:

Venus
08-20-2012, 11:13 AM
WARNING WARNING WARING: Apparently George W Bush is relevant - correct Wingrider? :)

Just a simple "no" works with me.

wingrider
08-20-2012, 11:19 AM

you know I try real hard to find something in everyone that i like,, but in your case I can't find a single thing.

Peter1469
08-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Did Joe Biden say something again?

hanger4
08-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Akin may withdraw by tomorrow at 5:00 p.m. That'll put it to rest if he does.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bensmith/republican-source-akin-moving-to-withdraw

Hope he does, don't need to help with any distractions.

Captain Obvious
08-20-2012, 06:27 PM
This guy is a first-class moron, he's the poster child for what needs to be fixed with our elected representatives.

Unfortunately he also represents the reasons why he was voted in there in the first place.

Cigar
08-20-2012, 07:28 PM

Bull Shit, Akin just said out loud what many Conservitives say in private and what their own policies state. Republican love Big Government when comes to Women and how they choose. If Conservative Women vote for Dinasours like the ones who are running the Republican Party, then they deserve what they get; 100 Years backwards in Woman's Rights.

Hell No; you only wish this will be put to rest.

Not so fast sport. :) I bet he doesn't quit tomorrow.

Mainecoons
08-20-2012, 07:31 PM
What part of "less than one percent get pregnant" don't you understand, Mr. Math Genius? The statement was stupid but correct. That sure beats stupid and totally incorrect like we get from Obama and Biden.

I hope you are working late to pay for my Medicare and Social Security. I want you to think of me everytime you push support for the people who are blocking the reforms that might result in you getting something more than worthless paper from these programs!

Captain Obvious
08-20-2012, 07:34 PM
What part of "less than one percent get pregnant" don't you understand, Mr. Math Genius? The statement was stupid but correct.

Since you're the expert on rape pregnancies, why don't you divulge into the science of the matter instead of speculating like the buffoon running for office?

Conley
08-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Can't believe anyone would defend that moron

Cigar
08-20-2012, 07:52 PM
What part of "less than one percent get pregnant" don't you understand, Mr. Math Genius? The statement was stupid but correct. That sure beats stupid and totally incorrect like we get from Obama and Biden.

I hope you are working late to pay for my Medicare and Social Security. I want you to think of me everytime you push support for the people who are blocking the reforms that might result in you getting something more than worthless paper from these programs!

First you have zero facts (link) to backup your claim.

Second, we you own a business, are always working.

Third, I really would hope Mitt and Paul follow your advice, Forum Genius.

Have nice night with your only friend, The Forum. :)

URF8
08-20-2012, 09:05 PM
First you have zero facts (link) to backup your claim.

Second, we you own a business, are always working.

Third, I really would hope Mitt and Paul follow your advice, Forum Genius.

Have nice night with your only friend, The Forum. :)

As a victim of rape you speak with unique moral authority.

Captain Obvious
08-20-2012, 09:07 PM
As a victim of rape you speak with unique moral authority.

Mind rape doesn't count.

Ain't nothing in that cranium getting impregnated nohow.

Carygrant
08-21-2012, 01:35 AM
This guy Akin has at least one other possible skeleton-- suggesting the Republicans need to drop him ASAP :--
In May 2011, questions were raised about Akin's official address for voting. According to the Associated Press (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associated_Press) and St. Louis Post-Dispatch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis_Post-Dispatch), Akin has lived in Wildwood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildwood,_Missouri), in far western St. Louis County, since at least 2009, and perhaps as early as 2007, when he and his wife purchased a home there. However, he has continued to list his official residence as Town and Country, and signed a polling place logbook attesting to his living there in April 2011. According to the Missouri Secretary of State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Secretary_of_State)'s office, anyone knowingly giving false information to election workers is guilty of a felony violation of state election laws.

JohnAdams
08-21-2012, 04:13 AM
A: The man has already APOLOGIZED (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/08/todd-akin-apologizes-for-rape-comments-in-interview-with-huckabee/261340/) for this statement, and has stated he mis-stated what he was meaning to say.

"Rape is never legitimate," said the congressman. "I used the wrong words in the wrong way."

B: Hypocritical leftist Democrats have zero room to lecture anyone else about such a statement after the way the left has in point of FACT defended and idolized Mr. Ted Chappaquiddick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappaquiddick_incident) Kennedy.

After the way the left has defended Mr. Bill "I didn't have sex with that woman, but I raped Wanita Broderick", Clinton. Who was not only impeached, but disbarred for his lies about the sexual assault of women.

Yet who is even now idolized by the left, and is their "key note speaker" at the Democrat Presidential Convention.

Yet again certain posters on the left latch onto what is really a leftist media made up, non-issue, distraction, when viewed through the prism of, and context of, what is really important to our Constitutional Republic.

Yet again we see the worst President in the history of our Constitutional Republic holding a news conference not because he has something important to convey or address with the citizens of this Republic.

But because he thinks he has an issue with which he can score some political points.

And yet again this President, and these leftist Democrats demonstrate themselves to be abject lying hypocrites totally devoid of any intellectual integrity or honesty.

Cigar
08-21-2012, 07:00 AM
Let's be honest, Conservatives and Republicans alike have been fighting for ZERO TOLERANCE on Abortions. It's beyond obvious that their RECORD and POLICIES show exactly this FACT!

So I think Mr. Akin should take his apology and shove it up completely his tight ass, and if he really believes in his convictions, tell everyone else to go Fuck-Off, including Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. Because both Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan don't have the BALLS or the Pubic Hairs to stand by their own rhetoric, policies and beliefs like a MAN! They ran like the little bitches they are when Mr. Akin told the truth about what Conservatives want in their Policies and National Law!

On the other hand our President didn't hesitate one micro second in coming out and stating his personal beliefs, "RAPE is RAPE"!

It just that simple. If you don't believe RAPE is RAPE, then try standing in front of any "female" Adult Women or Child, someone you actually care about, and tell them to her face that if a Man forcibly fucks them, that they really wasn't RAPED, the Rapist was only making sweet Love to them; and BTW, if they get Pregnant, I'm sure you'll be more than happy to Father the Child yourself ... personally, to support your true beliefs.

So you either believe in a Woman's right to choose what she does white her own body or you don't ... it's just that simple, and don't cry foul like little wussies if someone has a different opinion. If this is what Conservative really believe ... then Man-Up and scream it from the top of every mountain top and better yet tell in on National Television this wee at the RNC Convention.

Let's see who has Balls and who doesn't! :wink:

Mainecoons
08-21-2012, 07:07 AM
His statements have been roundly condemned from Romney on down. They've told him to resign. They've told him there will be no support. They can't force him to do so. I'm sorry, but this just smells like more of Cigar's feeble attempts to distract everyone from the ObamaDisaster.

MMC
08-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Let's be honest, Conservatives and Republicans alike have been fighting for ZERO TOLERANCE on Abortions. It's beyond obvious that their RECORD and POLICIES show exactly this FACT!

So I think Mr. Akin should take his apology and shove it up completely his tight ass, and if he really believes in his convictions, tell everyone else to go Fuck-Off, including Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. Because both Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan don't have the BALLS or the Pubic Hairs to stand by their own rhetoric, policies and beliefs like a MAN! They ran like the little bitches they are when Mr. Akin told the truth about what Conservatives want in their Policies and National Law!

On the other hand our President didn't hesitate one micro second in coming out and stating his personal beliefs, "RAPE is RAPE"!

It just that simple. If you don't believe RAPE is RAPE, then try standing in front of any "female" Adult Women or Child, someone you actually care about, and tell them to her face that if a Man forcibly fucks them, that they really wasn't RAPED, the Rapist was only making sweet Love to them; and BTW, if they get Pregnant, I'm sure you'll be more than happy to Father the Child yourself ... personally, to support your true beliefs.

So you either believe in a Woman's right to choose what she does white her own body or you don't ... it's just that simple, and don't cry foul like little wussies if someone has a different opinion. If this is what Conservative really believe ... then Man-Up and scream it from the top of every mountain top and better yet tell in on National Television this wee at the RNC Convention.

Let's see who has Balls and who doesn't! :wink:

Yeah but then how was your Wuss azz President any different on what he says out of his mouth. Like flip flopping on that gay marriage issue. What a puss. Talk about having no balls to stand up to those in his own party and he is the one with the power. Shows all just how much of a Lamefuck he really is. I mean he didnt hesitate to Rip seniors off. Stealing money out of social secuirity. Then stealing money out Seniors Medicaid. Lied about how Obamacare wont cost anyone a single penny. Then lied about how the economy was getting better until even he could no longer stand hearing himself says such.

Running around crying about this and that while stealing Bread from the Mouths of Decadance. Only Cowards act like such. What really makes it amazing is then they cry about violence in the World. Oh woe is me.......get a grip Wussbags. Quit talking shit and then Real mofoes won't have quit smaking ya's upside ya head.

Moreover there is no reason to talk tuff. Cuz it's not like any from the left will bip or bop. Punt a football in a football game, bust a grape, Nor Even BUST A MOVE.

BTW now that they polled Akin and McCaskill after this gaffe.....how do you feel knowing Claire still can't catch up to him. :laugh:

Desperation For what's to Come.....It's All Been Written Down!

Remind Claire of that as she loses that Senator Seat for those Demo's! :grin:

patrickt
08-21-2012, 07:50 AM
His statement was stupid. Everyone has pointed that out. He has apologized. That's how it works when you're a Republican. Then there's President Obama and VP Joe Biden. They have both made stupid statements. But, no one on the left condemns them. The press doesn't point out the statement is stupid but rather starts "explaining" what the brilliant president and tremendously experienced vice-president really meant. And, following the Clinton strategy they deny, deny, deny and never apologize.

And, with Republicans and conservatives being called out be everyone on every side and making a public apology isn't enough penance and punishment for the sin of a stupid statement. Lordy, no.

So, with this, it's politics as usual.

Cigar
08-21-2012, 07:55 AM
His statement was stupid. Everyone has pointed that out. He has apologized. That's how it works when you're a Republican. Then there's President Obama and VP Joe Biden. They have both made stupid statements. But, no one on the left condemns them. The press doesn't point out the statement is stupid but rather starts "explaining" what the brilliant president and tremendously experienced vice-president really meant. And, following the Clinton strategy they deny, deny, deny and never apologize.

And, with Republicans and conservatives being called out be everyone on every side and making a public apology isn't enough penance and punishment for the sin of a stupid statement. Lordy, no.

So, with this, it's politics as usual.

His statement was stupid.

But why did he apologize?

... what .. for jeopardizing the Election? :)

MMC
08-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Embattled Missouri Senate candidate Rep. W. Todd Akin still holds a narrow lead over Sen. Claire McCaskill despite widespread disapproval of his recent comments on rape and abortion, according to a poll released Monday night.

The poll by Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling found that Mr. Akin, a Republican, maintains a lead of 44 percent to 43 percent over the Democratic senator. A poll last week by SurveyUSA showed him with an 11-point lead.

Read more: Poll: Akin still leads McCaskill in Missouri Senate race - Washington Times (http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/aug/21/poll-akin-still-leads-mccaskill-missouri-senate-ra/print/#ixzz24BarGAye)

:grin: Still has a lead over Claire and now will it will build back up naturally all due to Claires Incompetance. Including when she was Govenor. :wink:

MMC
08-21-2012, 08:16 AM
His statement was stupid.

But why did he apologize?

... what .. for jeopardizing the Election? :)

Kinda Like Joe Biden.....huh? :laugh:

Btw thats a Democratic Poll.....so you know it is even worse for the E-Claire! :grin:

Cigar
08-21-2012, 08:19 AM
My personal concern about Conservatives views on Rape and Women Rights have nothing to do with this Election?

It clearly goes beyond political scorecards ... because everyone her knows a female ... I hope, some of you I really worry about.

Claire McCaskill didn't say what Mr. Akin said ... so please try to stay focus.

Rape is Rape ... who doesn't believe this?

Mainecoons
08-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Yap, yap, yap. Like an annoying little dog. Try getting focused on what is important. You think you are immune to the economic malaise of the Obama administration but you are wrong. Just as you are wrong to support people who continue to block needed reforms to Social Security and Medicare so you won't spend a lifetime paying into them only to be left holding the bag.

Grow up, get over your partisan nonsense, and start focusing on the important stuff. In otherwords, stop acting the fool here.

MMC
08-21-2012, 08:30 AM
So which conservative are you accusing that they stand for the raping of women? Or are you trying to say Akin thinks it's alright for Women to be raped?

Or is it that you are trying to insinuate that Conservatives and or Republicans stand for Rape?

Cigar
08-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Is it a FACT: Conservatives have been focused on Zero Tolerance on Abortion ... YES or NO

Answer the question ... if you can.

Mainecoons
08-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Some have, some haven't. Also part of being grown up is not seeing the world in black and white as you do.

Mister D
08-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Is it a FACT: Conservatives have been focused on Zero Tolerance on Abortion ... YES or NO

Answer the question ... if you can.

The answer is obviously no.

Cigar
08-21-2012, 09:22 AM

Obvious to Who?

Maybe you need to talk to your Political Leaders.

MMC
08-21-2012, 09:25 AM

And there you have it.....From X to the mutha****ing Z! :yo2:

Mister D
08-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Obvious to Who?

Maybe you need to talk to your Political Leaders.

Obvious to anyone who knows anything about the American political scene, homie.

Cigar
08-21-2012, 09:29 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/sc120820.gif

Mister D
08-21-2012, 09:31 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/sc120820.gif

Black History majors...

Cigar, Akin can say anything he wants. It cannot thereby be said that "conservatives" want to ban all abortions.

MMC
08-21-2012, 09:40 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3644/3575204506_c05fae0187_o.jpg

Hmmmmm Cigar.....and I thought you knew about all those Catholics and the Man they Call Pope! :undecided:

coolwalker
08-21-2012, 11:26 AM
All The Left can do it try to focus attention away from Obama's complete and utter failure as a president. Focus people...remain focused on the real issue, the economy. At this time nothing else matters...nothing!

Cigar
08-21-2012, 12:09 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/120821-akin-apologizes-for-rape-comments.jpg

Cigar
08-21-2012, 12:15 PM
All The Left can do it try to focus attention away from Obama's complete and utter failure as a president. Focus people...remain focused on the real issue, the economy. At this time nothing else matters...nothing!

MAybe you should talk to your own Party sport ... because guess who are the ones opening their mouths? :)

URF8
08-21-2012, 12:24 PM
MAybe you should talk to your own Party sport ... because guess who are the ones opening their mouths? :)

Were you abused in prison?

Cigar
08-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Having a difficult week?

Look at the bright side, it's Tuesday, you have more time to fuck up. :)

roadmaster
08-21-2012, 12:50 PM

Wrong again, most like many do not believe in abortion unless it is rape, incest or a danger to the woman.

Mainecoons
08-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Now that you've gotten nowhere with your obsession about Romney's tax returns is this your new obsession that helps you ignore the real issue, namely jobs and the economy?

BTW did you read what your liberal friends at Newsweek had to say about Obama or did you lack the balls to do so?

roadmaster
08-21-2012, 01:04 PM
ignore the real issue, namely jobs and the economy?

That is the real issues here and Obama failed. Yes, it was going down the last year Bush was in office but no where like it is now. Now he wants to put millions more illegals to make it worse for Americans still trying to get jobs and support their family! How dumb can the left be?

URF8
08-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Having a difficult week?

Look at the bright side, it's Tuesday, you have more time to fuck up. :)

Pal, everyday is Friday for me.

I just love screwing with you. You are an easy target. If you didn't exist I would have to invent you.

URF8
08-21-2012, 01:30 PM
I bet Cigar is short of stature...sort of feminine...easily intimidated by smarter men. He's a lover not a fighter.

Agravan
08-21-2012, 01:38 PM
So, a stupid mis-statement is national news, but this isn't?

Dem Representative Investigated For Having Sex at Rest Stop With 17 Year-Old Boy (Updated)Posted by Jim Hoft on Thursday, August 16, 2012, 8:32 AM[/URL]
(http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/08/stars-earn-stripes-marines-blast-desmond-tutu-for-his-criticism-of-show-video/)

Democrat Kerry Gauthier is facing Republican challenger Travis Silvers in November.
http://thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/gauthier.jpg (http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/08/dem-representative-investigated-for-having-sex-at-rest-stop-with-17-year-old-boy/gauthier/)
Minnesota state Democrat Representative Kerry Gauthier is being investigated by police for reportedly having sex with a 17 year-old at a rest stop.
Northland News Center (http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/enews/breaking/Police-Investigating-Rep-Kerry-Gauthier-for-Alleged-Criminal-Act--166327866.html) reported:

Minnesota district 7B Representative Kerry Gauthier is at the center of a criminal investigation by Duluth police. This is a particularly sensitive situation right now as incumbent lawmaker Gauthier will face Republican challenger Travis Silvers in November.
Police will only confirm that Representative Gauthier involved in an incident the Thompson Hill rest stop last month.

More: [URL]http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/08/dem-representative-investigated-for-having-sex-at-rest-stop-with-17-year-old-boy/

Hypocrisy, thy name is Democrat!

Mister D
08-21-2012, 01:39 PM
I bet Cigar is short of stature...sort of feminine...easily intimidated by smarter men. He's a lover not a fighter.

I bet he hangs out at rest stops. :lipsrsealed:

MMC
08-21-2012, 03:10 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/120821-akin-apologizes-for-rape-comments.jpg

http://www.justsaypictures.com/images/5549-800-600-the-pope.jpg

URF8
08-21-2012, 04:42 PM
I bet he hangs out at rest stops. :lipsrsealed:

Actually, I've met Cigar. He broke into the stall I was using in the men's room at the bus station. He wanted to know if he had to pee standing up. :)

Goldie Locks
08-21-2012, 08:40 PM

He keeps saying he isn't quitting.

IMPress Polly
08-22-2012, 06:57 AM
I just wanted to point out that this really seems to be reflective of the Republican Party's attitude much more generally than they'd like to admit. (http://peoplesworld.org/akin-ryan-rape-and-republican-hypocrisy/)

MMC
08-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Hows that work out for those Catholics? :rollseyes:

Mainecoons
08-22-2012, 07:11 AM
I just wanted to point out that this really seems to be reflective of the Republican Party's attitude much more generally than they'd like to admit. (http://peoplesworld.org/akin-ryan-rape-and-republican-hypocrisy/)

Or is it reflective of what one expects from a leftist editorial? You did notice that it is an editorial, did you not?

Cigar
08-22-2012, 07:12 AM
Actually, I've met Cigar. He broke into the stall I was using in the men's room at the bus station. He wanted to know if he had to pee standing up. :)

Yuck up little ladies ... and go do each-others hair.

Don't forget to tuck your string in. :)

birddog
08-22-2012, 07:14 AM
We know Cigar is the CEO of his company. Now, if his name is Richard, we could honestly refer to him as "Dickhead!"

Cigar
08-22-2012, 07:17 AM
We know Cigar is the CEO of his company. Now, if his name is Richard, we could honestly refer to him as "Dickhead!"

And you can pucker up and suck it ... and don't forget the sack. :)

That's right sport ... you want get down and dirty ... I'll break my foot off in your ass with insults. :)

MMC
08-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Well we wont be going there with personal insults with members.....but you guys are Welcome to Take your Frustrations out on Whatever Parties, Politicans and Ideaologies that are out there! :wink:

IMPress Polly
08-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Mainecoons wrote:
Or is it reflective of what one expects from a leftist editorial? You did notice that it is an editorial, did you not?

*shrugs* Anything wrong with posting editorials? That one had lots of pertinent facts concerning voting records that I figured you might have at least considered rather than just dismissing out of hand.

Mister D
08-22-2012, 12:49 PM
*shrugs* Anything wrong with posting editorials? That one had lots of pertinent facts concerning voting records that I figured you might have at least considered rather than just dismissing out of hand.

Anyone referring to the fictional "ultra right" in the USA should be dismissed out of hand.

Mainecoons
08-22-2012, 12:54 PM

Not at all. My problem is how you represented it. It is a biased op ed, not a factual piece.

IMPress Polly
08-22-2012, 05:36 PM
I happen to agree with the editorial in question, which is why I posted it. Allow me to post some more material that agrees with my view: Here we have the incident in question presented in full context, followed by an interview with Terry O'Neill, president of the National Organization for Women on the subject. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45755822/vp/48732043#48732043)

Mainecoons
08-22-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm sorry Polly, I can't take anything that NOW puts out seriously. It is a left wing group masquerading as a women's organization.

IMPress Polly
08-22-2012, 05:45 PM
You just don't listen to anyone who disagrees with your viewpoint, do you?

Captain Obvious
08-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Did you say something?

Mainecoons
08-22-2012, 07:09 PM
You just don't listen to anyone who disagrees with your viewpoint, do you?

No, I just don't waste time with sources like Now, Stink Progress, Rush Limbaugh or any of the other extremists. You apparently do. Your choice, just don't expect me to join you.

Cigar
08-22-2012, 08:30 PM
No, I just don't waste time with sources like Now, Stink Progress, Rush Limbaugh or any of the other extremists. You apparently do. Your choice, just don't expect me to join you.

How about this Forum :)

Mainecoons
08-23-2012, 08:56 AM
This is entertainment for retired folks. Why are you here other than the fact that you don't have a real job?

:grin:

birddog
08-23-2012, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=Mainecoons;116052]This is entertainment for retired folks. Why are you here other than the fact that you don't have a real job?

:grin:[/QUOT

-------------
Changing post. Bad joke that no one got or liked. I have a weird sense of humor.

Akin can still win, but I certainly wish he would get out to give someone else a better chance. Clare needs to go!

Trinnity
08-23-2012, 09:34 AM
There's a rumor the dems have paid Akin off to stay in the race.

That true?

Mainecoons
08-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Apparently the Democrats gave some serious money to help Akin win the primary, thinking he would be the easiest to beat.

I'd say they were correct. What a jerk!

patrickt
08-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Rape is rape according to President Obama unless, of course, the victim is Juanita Broaddrick.

Trinnity
08-23-2012, 12:14 PM
All The Left can do it try to focus attention away from Obama's complete and utter failure as a president. Focus people...remain focused on the real issue, the economy. At this time nothing else matters...nothing!Here's the thing: When we all go to the polls this fall (except the millions of Blacks who fold their arms in disgust and stay home) we'll be thinking about two things: the economy and jobs.

<4 years of Obamisery>

Cigar
08-23-2012, 12:22 PM
As proof of all the Bills Voted on by the GOP. :loser:

Mainecoons
08-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Here you go, ignoramus, I have a cartoon that sums you and Barry up perfectly.

IMPress Polly
08-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Trinnity wrote:
Here's the thing: When we all go to the polls this fall (except the millions of Blacks who fold their arms in disgust and stay home) we'll be thinking about two things: the economy and jobs.

<4 years of Obamisery>

The problem with your reasoning concerning black people is that...well, you make it out to be like African Americans find themselves occupying a politically centrist space in-between two forces they equally dislike. That is not true at all. While the poor do indeed tend to be alienated from the political process quite often (naturally; a lack of advancement tends to diminish one's faith that politics can work), and while black people in this country are very disproportionately likely to live in perpetual poverty, to the extent that they are politically inclined, they are overwhelmingly, indeed almost without exception, inclined in the Democratic Party's direction. In fact, one recent opinion poll indicated that there is literally no measurable support (0%) for the Romney presidential campaign among African Americans. (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-contributor-romney-has-0-black-support-because-he-calculated-he-doesnt-need-blacks-or-latinos/) (Of course, the sample size was too small for it to realistically be completely without error, but it nevertheless communicates my point very effectively.) The linked article touches on why. To put it simply, it is a matter of caring. (And, to point out an even more recent illustration, no, the Romney camp, including Mr. Romney himself, does not care about racial sensitivities. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/25/romney-birther-in-chief-obama-_n_1829576.html?utm_hp_ref=elections-2012))

African Americans may not have an awful lot of faith in politics, but they definitely have more faith in left-leaning politics and in the Democratic Party than they do in right-leaning politics and in the Republican Party. That's not for cultural reasons. Black Americans tend to take more-conservative-than-average positions on cultural issues. The reasons that those black people who are politically activated tend to side with Obama and the Democrats are economic and historical mainly and as a byproduct of identity politics (evidence of empathy, one might say) secondarily.

There's a rumor the dems have paid Akin off to stay in the race.

That true?

As Mainecoons pointed out, Democratic incumbent Claire McCaskill did, in fact, release ads sort of mockingly supporting Todd Akin's primary campaign, proclaiming that he was the "true conservative" in the race on the grounds that he wanted to do things like "privatize Social Security". Moreover, since the "legitimate rape" controversy broke out, McCaskill has been a vocal supporter of Mr. Akin's decision to stay in the race, indeed using pretty much exactly the same arguments that Mike Huckabee and Mr. Akin himself use to justify that decision: it's allegedly undemocratic of the RNC and others in the Republican Party to pressure him to withdraw given the primary vote and so forth like this. The McCaskill camp clearly has believed and clearly continues to believe that an extremist like Mr. Akin* is the easiest to beat in an increasingly conservative state like Missouri. The calculation there being that overreach, rather than fundamental message, is the biggest danger to the GOP in Missouri. She's probably right. This development has seriously damaged Mr. Akin's campaign. Before his "legitimate rape" remarks, he was leading McCaskill in the polls by some 20 points. Now he trails her by 10.

*And yes, that's how the McCaskill camp is portraying him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoGLfls4pH4

Mainecoons
08-26-2012, 03:37 PM
To put it simply, it is a matter of caring.

How could anyone construe what the Great Society has done to blacks as caring? Perhaps you need to spend a little time reading up on and contemplating just what this kind of caring has done for the poor in general and blacks in particular.

Lyndon Johnson didn't care about blacks. He was a flaming racist. His programs, which have been expanded by the Democratic Party, were designed to enslave and marginalize blacks. They succeeded beyond his wildest dreams. Interestingly, many of these ideas correspond to your socialist dogma. Perhaps the results can also be viewed as an example of where your ideas lead.

IMPress Polly
08-27-2012, 06:22 AM
Mainecoons wrote:
How could anyone construe what the Great Society has done to blacks as caring? Perhaps you need to spend a little time reading up on and contemplating just what this kind of caring has done for the poor in general and blacks in particular.

Lyndon Johnson didn't care about blacks. He was a flaming racist. His programs, which have been expanded by the Democratic Party, were designed to enslave and marginalize blacks. They succeeded beyond his wildest dreams. Interestingly, many of these ideas correspond to your socialist dogma. Perhaps the results can also be viewed as an example of where your ideas lead.

Gee yeah, you know what, you're right. I mean what African American in their right mind would want things like integration, voting rights, and medical insurance? What better comparison could there be to slavery?

patrickt
08-27-2012, 06:32 AM
Gee yeah, you know what, you're right. I mean what African American in their right mind would want things like integration, voting rights, and medical insurance? What better comparison could there be to slavery?

And liberals can't come to grips with Republicans leading the way on integration and voting rights and preferring to see medical insurance come with employment rather than at the discretion of politicians. Liberals can take credit for the destruction of African American families, horrendous unemployment, incredibly high homicide rates, and an education system that is failing the African Americans and other poor children in the U.S.

Congratulations, liberals.

BooHoo
08-31-2012, 02:48 AM
It's not about controlling women. It's about protecting an unborn child!!!

IMPress Polly
08-31-2012, 06:52 AM
Boohoo wrote:
It's not about controlling women. It's about protecting an unborn child!!!

Right! That makes sense...until you realize that the same people who insist that abortion should be criminalized are the same people who are the most militaristic, the biggest gun nuts, and the biggest proponents of the death penalty, by and large. It's at that point that you start to realize that such people are not so deeply concerned about the sanctity of human life after all.

No, this most certainly is about controlling women.

Reproductive rights help assure women of the same life options that men have. After all, men do not get pregnant. They can fuck away and walk away without consequence, and frankly usually do. But apparently we are to believe that women, by virtue of being women, should be exclusively expected to "take responsibility for their actions" whether or not they can afford to, as though children should be thought of as a punishment for sin or whatever rather than a wanted and welcome addition to one's life.

hanger4
08-31-2012, 07:13 AM
Right! That makes sense...until you realize that the same people who insist that abortion should be criminalized are the same people who are the most militaristic, the biggest gun nuts, and the biggest proponents of the death penalty, by and large. It's at that point that you start to realize that such people are not so deeply concerned about the sanctity of human life after all.

Reproductive rights help assure women of the same life options that men have. After all, men do not get pregnant. They can fuck away and walk away without consequence, and frankly usually do. But apparently we are to believe that women, by virtue of being women, should be exclusively expected to "take responsibility for their actions" whether or not they can afford to, as though children should be thought of as a punishment for sin or whatever rather than a wanted and welcome addition to one's life.

Your wanton disrespect for the life of the child has killed more people than all the wars we've (US) been in since Roe vs Wade.

I would say you are the one that has no concern about the sanctity of human life.

Trinnity
08-31-2012, 07:36 AM
Gee yeah, you know what, you're right. I mean what African American in their right mind would want things like integration, voting rights, and medical insurance? What better comparison could there be to slavery?That's not what we're talking about. The Great Society welfare programs that destroyed Black family cohesion is what we're referring too.

And then there's this:

These negros, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they’ve never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness.
- LBJ

“I’ll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”
- Lyndon B. Johnson

source (http://www.ihatethemedia.com/20-great-moments-in-liberal-bigotry)
These quotes are well known and documented.

BooHoo
08-31-2012, 08:39 AM
Your wanton disrespect for the life of the child has killed more people than all the wars we've (US) been in since Roe vs Wade.

I would say you are the one that has no concern about the sanctity of human life.

I'm female and agree with you 100%. I DO think abortions should be allowed under certain situations. A lot of people abuse this right which is equivalent to killing imo.

Agravan
08-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Right! That makes sense...until you realize that the same people who insist that abortion should be criminalized are the same people who are the most militaristic, the biggest gun nuts, and the biggest proponents of the death penalty, by and large. It's at that point that you start to realize that such people are not so deeply concerned about the sanctity of human life after all. There is a major difference in sentencing people that commit murder to death, and murdering unborn innocent children. That you can equate the two as the same is pathetic and shows that your heightened sense of morality is either in question or nonexistant. But then, that's usually the case with leftists.
No, this most certainly is about controlling women. Reproductive rights help assure women of the same life options that men have. After all, men do not get pregnant. They can fuck away and walk away without consequence, and frankly usually do. But apparently we are to believe that women, by virtue of being women, should be exclusively expected to "take responsibility for their actions" whether or not they can afford to, as though children should be thought of as a punishment for sin or whatever rather than a wanted and welcome addition to one's life. No Polly, women, by virtue of being the sex that was designed to get pregnant and bear children, have the responsibility of ensuring that if they want to engage in carefree, and consequence free sex like men do, should either ensure they make their partners wear condoms or should have implants put in that would prevent conception. "controlling women" - nonsense. You are free to go around screwing everything with a penis if that is what you wish to do. N-O-B-O-D-Y C-A-R-E-S. But when you then create a baby, a new and innocent life, and want to kill it just so that you can continue to have sex "like men do", then you are committing murder. The baby ceased being a part of your body when the egg became fertilized and turned into a fetus. At that point in time, the baby is an undeveloped human being with the right to life. Don't want to carry it? Should have protected yourself against conceiving in the first place. The baby is not at fault for being conceived. You want control over your own body? Great, you got it. Go get tattoos over every inch of your skin. Give away/sell your organs. Cut off parts of your body if you wish. But the BABY is another human life, not part of "your body". Sure, it's inside you. But YOU put it there. It did not crawl up there on it's own. Females were designed to get pregnant. You can change that with a simple procedure or implant. Your choice.

By the way, children are not a punishment for sin, they are a natural result of having sex. You don't want children? Close your legs or get fixed.

IMPress Polly
08-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Trinnity wrote:
That's not what we're talking about. The Great Society welfare programs that destroyed Black family cohesion is what we're referring too.

And then there's this:

These negros, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they’ve never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness.
- LBJ

“I’ll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”
- Lyndon B. Johnson

source (http://www.ihatethemedia.com/20-great-moments-in-liberal-bigotry)
These quotes are well known and documented.

Nixon famously used much the same rhetoric to describe black people. That was how white people spoke of black people at the time. They were all racists basically. What I'm pointing out here is the policy differences between what the Democrats have been doing for the African American versus what the Republicans have been advancing for the African American (for the last three decades in particular).

As to the black family, the unavailability of work, and namely the economic changes resulting from outsourcing above all else (as part of that) is what has produced that result. Black people in their majority, in as far as they have been concerned with politics, have supported the Democratic Party since the days of the New Deal. That's not because they're just stupid or whatever. It's not because they don't know what's good for them and you, fellow white person, do. It's because such programs help them! They may not solve systemic cultural racism, but they help when it comes to the bread and butter issues. Black people are a lot more likely to be poor, and therefore a lot more likely to benefit from state assistance. That's just the reality of the matter.

Mister D
08-31-2012, 10:55 AM
Nixon famously used much the same rhetoric to describe black people. That was how white people spoke of black people at the time. They were all racists basically. What I'm pointing out here is the policy differences between what the Democrats have been doing for the African American versus what the Republicans have been advancing for the African American (for the last three decades in particular).

As to the black family, the unavailability of work, and namely the economic changes resulting from outsourcing above all else (as part of that) is what has produced that result. Black people in their majority, in as far as they have been concerned with politics, have supported the Democratic Party since the days of the New Deal. That's not because they're just stupid or whatever. It's not because they don't know what's good for them and you, fellow white person, do. It's because such programs help them! They may not solve systemic cultural racism, but they help when it comes to the bread and butter issues. Black people are a lot more likely to be poor, and therefore a lot more likely to benefit from state assistance. That's just the reality of the matter.

So black people had more work available prior to the 1960s and thus had more stable families? lol Really?

BTW, it's not outsourcing. It's the importation of gradeschool educated lettuce pickers from Latin America that depresses wages and raises the unemployment rate of the native lower classes. I bet you support mass immigration though, huh? How do you handle that cognitive dissonance?

IMPress Polly
08-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Mister D wrote:
So black people had more work available prior to the 1960s and thus had more stable families? lol Really?

Yes actually. (By the '60s in particular.) What's so funny about that?

Agravan wrote:
No Polly, women, by virtue of being the sex that was designed to get pregnant and bear children, have the responsibility of ensuring that if they want to engage in carefree, and consequence free sex like men do, should either ensure they make their partners wear condoms or should have implants put in that would prevent conception. [...] Females were designed to get pregnant. You can change that with a simple procedure or implant. Your choice.

Maybe I should share a little about where I'm coming from on this:

I paid my way through college largely by way of employment in the sex industry. (It would be best that I not directly state precisely which part thereof, but astute observers can read between the lines.) It wasn't ideal (or even close), but I had no economic assistance coming in and it was the only line of work I could find that afforded me the kind of leisure time required to accomplish my studies and have something vaguely resembling a life at the same time. Plus, like so many others in that field, I had certain experiences in childhood that taught me what I was worth to the world, so in no small part it was also consequential of low self-esteem. Anyhow, in said line of work, one does not always have the luxury of such things, especially when the other party demands that it be protection-free because, you know, respect is just unsexy. When one regularly has unprotected sex (not always voluntarily), one can plausibly expect to get pregnant at some point. And yet, of course, I could not afford to. Literally.

What I'm trying to get at is that you're not being very understanding.

Okay well anyway, continue your lecture on what it means to be a proper lady and how I've failed this standard.

There is a major difference in sentencing people that commit murder to death, and murdering unborn innocent children. That you can equate the two as the same is pathetic and shows that your heightened sense of morality is either in question or nonexistant. But then, that's usually the case with leftists.

I notice that you neglected to comment on the broader list of less-than-life-expecting qualities I mentioned (e.g. war). Well regardless, I do respect life. That's why I consider myself more or less a pacifist, against the death penalty, and against guns (whether they be in the hands of regular people or the police; I'm for general disarmament). I'm also a vegan in part because I respect the lives of animals. None of that means that I'm against authentic self-defense or anything, but I certainly don't believe in exaggerating the definition of "defense". Abortion though is a different matter and I personally believe that as much is obvious. It's just not hard to figure out, I don't think, that a single-cell organism isn't the same thing as a human baby. A baby is a baby. Not an embryo. Not a fetus. A baby. Until it is a baby, it is a dependent component-part of my body. My body is mine to regulate as needed, period. I am a real person, not a body part. I have rights. Body parts do not. That's my view.

Boohoo wrote:
I'm female and agree with you 100%. I DO think abortions should be allowed under certain situations. A lot of people abuse this right which is equivalent to killing imo.

You're female. Well tweedleedee, so am I. So that gives you a license to judge away?

Agravan
08-31-2012, 03:14 PM
Maybe I should share a little about where I'm coming from on this:

I paid my way through college largely by way of employment in the sex industry. (It would be best that I not directly state precisely which part thereof, but astute observers can read between the lines.) It wasn't ideal (or even close), but I had no economic assistance coming in and it was the only line of work I could find that afforded me the kind of leisure time required to accomplish my studies and have something vaguely resembling a life at the same time. Plus, like so many others in that field, I had certain experiences in childhood that taught me what I was worth to the world, so in no small part it was also consequential of low self-esteem. Anyhow, in said line of work, one does not always have the luxury of such things, especially when the other party demands that it be protection-free because, you know, respect is just unsexy. When one regularly has unprotected sex (not always voluntarily), one can plausibly expect to get pregnant at some point. And yet, of course, I could not afford to. Literally.

What I'm trying to get at is that you're not being very understanding.
In the first place, it is not my place to judge you on anything you may have done. I don't know you or the circumstances you found yourself in. Frankly, it's none of my business. I'm sorry that you had such a hard life. I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

So, you couldn't afford $10 buck for birth control pills? You could not go to Planned Parenthood and get them free? Resources are available, Sandra Fluke notwithstanding, there are always options.

Okay well anyway, continue your lecture on what it means to be a proper lady and how I've failed this standard.
As I said, how lady-like you are or are not is none of my business. I never said anything about acting lady-like. I responded to your comment about being desirous of "having sex like men do". I don't care, your life is yours to live by whatever standards you set for yourself.

I notice that you neglected to comment on the broader list of less-than-life-expecting qualities I mentioned (e.g. war). Well regardless, I do respect life. That's why I consider myself more or less a pacifist, against the death penalty, and against guns (whether they be in the hands of regular people or the police; I'm for general disarmament). I'm also a vegan in part because I respect the lives of animals. None of that means that I'm against authentic self-defense or anything, but I certainly don't believe in exaggerating the definition of "defense". Abortion though is a different matter and I personally believe that as much is obvious. It's just not hard to figure out, I don't think, that a single-cell organism isn't the same thing as a human baby. A baby is a baby. Not an embryo. Not a fetus. A baby. Until it is a baby, it is a dependent component-part of my body. My body is mine to regulate as needed, period. I am a real person, not a body part. I have rights. Body parts do not. That's my view.

War. Tell me how you propose to eliminate it. How do you propse to tell everyone in the world that war is wrong. It is wrong, but it is the human condition. It has been since Cain and Able, or since we climbed down from the trees for you atheists out there, NOTHING will ever change it or stop it. Being a pacifist is all well and good. I hope violence never crosses your threshold. But if it does, do you put your survival or your principles first?
Man is an omnivore. We need nutrients found in flesh and plants. Your not eating meat does not change that. Your wishing it weren't so also does not change that. A vegan lifestyle is not healthy, but live how you want. Me, I'll eat dead animal flesh every day and enjoy it. More for me :)
OK, disarmament. How would you accomplish that? Locally, countrywide or worldwide. How would you get guns out of the hands of criminals? Do you have any clue how easy it is to build a basic firearm? Gunpowder? Bullets (not cartridges, but the lead that comes flying out)?
Do you really trust only the government with firearms? Say you're walking thru a dark alley in this firearms free world you have created. Do you think crime will magically cease to exist. Was there no crime pre-firearms era? Ok, so your walking and these three 250 lb thugs come up to you and try to do unsavory things to you. Who's going to help you? The police? You've heard the saying "When seconds count, police are only minutes away."? Do you think they will get there before, or after they have committed their crimes? Maybe you have a knife. Do you think that will help you even if they don't, also, have knives? Maybe when they're done with you, if you're still alive, you can ask them to kindly wait for the police to show up so that you can have them arrested.
Guns prevent far more crimes than they are given credit for. Guns in the hands of the people make them citizens, not subjects. If guns scare you, stay away from them, but you will NEVER get rid of them.

Again, abortion. A baby is a baby from the moment of conception. Those particular grouping of cells are on their way to becoming a human being. They will not become anything else, they do not have the potential to be something else. They are a baby that you gave life to. You can think of it anyway you want. That does not change what it is. If it makes it easier for you to take an innocent life, then so be it. There is no hope for you. You are the one having to live with the consequences of your actions. But just think: that grouping of cells you just had flushed out of you may have been the life destined to cure the ills of the world. They may have been the one destined to finally bring peace to the planet by uniting us all. They may have been the person destined to, finally, prove or disprove the existence of God. But you will never know, and neither will we, because you just wanted to "have sex like a man does".

IMPress Polly
08-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Agravan wrote:
So, you couldn't afford $10 buck for birth control pills? You could not go to Planned Parenthood and get them free? Resources are available, Sandra Fluke notwithstanding, there are always options.

Again, abortion. A baby is a baby from the moment of conception.

You may not see the inconsistency there, but there is a glaring one. You define human life (it is the "human" component that is in question, not "life" as such) as beginning at conception. Yet, of course, hormonal forms of birth control (such as the birth control pill) prevent implantation, not conception. Therefore, according to your logic of defining human life as beginning "from the moment of conception", such options as the birth control pill should be illegal in that they potentially facilitate murder. But you're a guy (or at least I think you are) and probably just don't really know how these things work too well.

Anyhow, when one is as busy as one is under the conditions I just described, one does not always discover these things in time. I am human. I'm not perfect. I mess up.

Naturally, I would rather just use contraception. Do you actually think that women just want to have surgeries? Do you actually think there's someone who, given the choice between using contraception and having an abortion, would actually prefer the latter?

War. Tell me how you propose to eliminate it.

I said "more or less pacifist". Note the qualifier. Again, I believe in authentic self-defense when it is actually necessary (which is NOT often). I am for minimizing war. General disarmament of the nations is a great way to do that.

Guns prevent far more crimes than they are given credit for. Guns in the hands of the people make them citizens, not subjects. If guns scare you, stay away from them, but you will NEVER get rid of them.

Guns are useful only for causing injury and death. They should be taken away from everyone possible, from ordinary people to the police. Less access tends to mean less murder.

As to your critique of my dietary choices, I don't feel like having that debate at this time.

They may have been the person destined to, finally, prove or disprove the existence of God. But you will never know, and neither will we, because you just wanted to "have sex like a man does".

My point was that 1) this whole concern over life on the part of abortion opponents is largely farcical, and 2) equality should be an objective of society. So what if women are at a biological disadvantage when it comes to sexual options? Does that imply that we should neglect to remedy said situation when we have the ability? This is about equality, not about "murder". Society shouldn't have double-standards based on gender when it comes to lifestyle questions. If you are legitimately concerned about life rather about oppressing women then you will at least take the position that says men also have a responsibility to 'their child' as well. But no, you can't do that. In your view, rights fall on men and responsibility on women. You see what I mean? This is about double-standards.

Peter1469
08-31-2012, 04:26 PM

1. The death penalty is not related to abortion. Guilt comes to mind for some strange reason....

2. Men in modern America do not get to fuck and walk away without consequence- if a child is resulting. They have almost no say and they almost always get the bill regardless of circumstances.

3. Unless we are going to disregard the lives of the babies, we are going to have to do a much better job working together to fix this mess.

Agravan
08-31-2012, 06:27 PM
I said "more or less pacifist". Note the qualifier. Again, I believe in authentic self-defense when it is actually necessary (which is NOT often). I am for minimizing war. General disarmament of the nations is a great way to do that.
Who would disarm the nations? You would trust them to disarm themselves?
No one is going to lay down their arms as long as their neighbor is armed. General disarmament is a fantasy that will never happen.
WAR WILL NEVER CEASE TO EXIST.

Guns are useful only for causing injury and death. They should be taken away from everyone possible, from ordinary people to the police. Less access tends to mean less murder.
Ok another one of those "less guns equals less murder" people. so, let's assume that thru some magical process you can convince criminals, who by their very nature tend to disobey the law, to turn in their weapons. Great, now you have all guns off the street and life settles down into a peaceful Utopia, right? Or better, we can settle in to more acceptable forms of murder, like stabbing, clubbing, strangulation, abortion, etc. But at least guns are off the street, so that the little 60 year old lady can just defend herself against intruders in her house with all the strength available in those withered limbs or die, right? But at least she did not have a gun with which she might have shot those poor, misunderstood products of society that wanted her Social Security check. You're right, there would be so much less murder, just like in the peaceful days before guns were invented.

My point was that 1) this whole concern over life on the part of abortion opponents is largely farcical, and 2) equality should be an objective of society. So what if women are at a biological disadvantage when it comes to sexual options? Does that imply that we should neglect to remedy said situation when we have the ability? This is about equality, not about "murder". Society shouldn't have double-standards based on gender when it comes to lifestyle questions. If you are legitimately concerned about life rather about oppressing women then you will at least take the position that says men also have a responsibility to 'their child' as well. But no, you can't do that. In your view, rights fall on men and responsibility on women. You see what I mean? This is about double-standards.

Yes, life is farcical. We should all be equal. No special treatment for anyone based on gender, race, sexual orientation, or whatever. Women are at a biological disadvantage because that was what nature intended. Women/females have babies because that is their assigned role in the animal kingdom. Not because MEN passed a law somewhere. If you want equality, get the surgery to get fixed. Men cannot have babies, now or ever. I's not the way we were created/evolved/hatched/whatever. You're a woman. Deal with it. I do not care who or what you do with your body. Your lifestyle is your own.
"In your view" - you don't know what my views on men's responsibility are because we were talking about abortion, not men's responsibilities. but now that we're on that subject. While you want the ability to go and "have sex like a man does" without consequence. Do you let the man who fathered your child have a say in whether the baby lives or dies? If the father wants the baby, do you honor his wishes? Or is it all about what YOU want? Do you even tell him? If he's a man, he'll take care of the baby and you. If he's a punk that just wants to screw and walk away, what does that tell you about your own judge of character? When do you take responsibility for your actions and the effect it may have on other people's lives, be they adult or unborn? Men do have a responsibility to that baby. Real men will take on the responsibility, punks won't. But real men can't take responsibility if they are not told or you are adamant on killing the baby. Unfortunately the current law favors letting women slaughter their children for convenience. THE MEN HAVE NO SAY.

Mister D
09-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Yes actually. (By the '60s in particular.) What's so funny about that?

There is nothing amusing about the decline of the black family. What is amusing is your warped perspective. So when white supremacy was entrenched and discrimination legal black families were stronger and healthier hmmm? What does that tell us?

patrickt
09-04-2012, 08:32 AM
In all fairness, it isn't just black families that liberals hate. It's all families.