PDA

View Full Version : Visual Hard Evidence: Ryan forcefully advocating Stimulus Funds!

Cigar
08-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Guilty As Stim: Chris Hayes Digs Up Devastating Video Of Paul Ryan Stimulus Hypocrisy

Newly-minted vice-presidential candidate Paul Ryan was already having a bad first week of running-matery when he told a reporter that he “never asked for stimulus,” only to be later confronted with letters in which he did exactly that, letters in which he extolled the job-creating virtues of stimulus funds. On Sunday morning’s Up with Chris Hayes, host Chris Hayes dug Ryan’s shovel-ready hole a little deeper with some devastating archival videos that show Ryan arguing for stimulus more forcefully than any Democrat.

With the Romney/Ryan ticket already losing the fight they knew they were going to have, they needed this stimulus story like they needed a knife in their Granny’s necks. When Ryan told an Ohio TV reporter that he “never asked for stimulus,” however, he opened a can of worms the size of Cleveland. Ryan also told that local reporter that he “opposed the stimulus because it doesn’t work.”

As it turned out, Ryan had secured tens of millions of dollars in stimulus funds by writing letters praising the program. Ryan’s office explained that he was just trying to help some of his constituents out…with something that he says “doesn’t work.”

That’s pretty bad, but “a constituent made me do it” is the kind of answer that might satisfy people, especially the Ryan-enthralled mainstream media. Enter Chris Hayes, who set the table with a 2010 clip of Ryan blasting “borrow and spend” policies as a failed experiment, followed by some Bush-era clips of Ryan forcefully advocating for those exact kinds of policies, while also acknowledging that unemployment often drags on in a recovery. The fact that Paul Ryan is making arguments in these clips that could serve as campaign ads for President Obama isn’t the most surprising thing about these clips, though:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/guilty-as-stim-chris-hayes-digs-up-devastating-video-of-paul-ryan-stimulus-hypocrisy/ <--- Just Look at the Video

As Hayes and panel also pointed out, it’s not as if 2002 Paul Ryan came to Jesus after passing several stimulus packages under President George W. Bush. In 2009, he voted in favor of (http://swampland.time.com/2012/08/14/paul-ryan-and-the-stimulus-a-match-designed-to-make-my-head-explode/) a competing $715 billion Republican stimulus package.

Yea yea yea I know, don't believe your lying eyes and ears :)

Mainecoons
08-20-2012, 11:14 AM
That's what Congress persons do, genius. Exactly why they are a big part of the problem REGARDLESS of party. When are you going to grow up and get over your juvenile partisan crapola?

Probably never.

Cigar
08-20-2012, 11:41 AM
That's what Congress persons do, genius. Exactly why they are a big part of the problem REGARDLESS of party. When are you going to grow up and get over your juvenile partisan crapola?

Probably never.

Ok ... let's just forget about the part were he LIED> :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Busted ... :)

hanger4
08-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Ok ... let's just forget about the part were he LIED> :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Busted ... :)

I would think that would be quite easy for you, after all you certainly forget all the parts when Obama lies.

As a matter of fact you just down right ignore them.

Cigar
08-20-2012, 12:01 PM
I would think that would be quite easy for you, after all you certainly forget all the parts when Obama lies.

As a matter of fact you just down right ignore them.

Pivot: Forget who this Thread is about? :)

hanger4
08-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Pivot: Forget who this Thread is about? :)

Not at all, just find it amusing watching you condemning Repub lies while ignoring Obama's.