PDA

View Full Version : US Officials Conclude Iran Deal Broke Federal Law

Matty
10-09-2015, 10:01 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/09/exclusive-us-officials-conclude-iran-deal-violates-federal-law/?intcmp=hpbt1

Some senior U.S. officials involved in the implementation of the Iran nuclear deal have privately concluded that a key sanctions relief provision – a concession to Iran that will open the doors to tens of billions of dollars in U.S.-backed commerce with the Islamic regime – conflicts with existing federal statutes and cannot be implemented without violating those laws, Fox News has learned.
At issue is a passage tucked away in ancillary paperwork attached to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (http://www.state.gov/e/eb/tfs/spi/iran/jcpoa/), or JCPOA, as the Iran nuclear deal is formally known. Specifically, Section 5.1.2 of Annex II (http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/245320.pdf) provides that in exchange for Iranian compliance with the terms of the deal, the U.S. “shall…license non-U.S. entities that are owned or controlled by a U.S. person to engage in activities with Iran that are consistent with this JCPOA.”

AeonPax
10-09-2015, 10:07 AM
`
"Some senior U.S. officials" - Anonymous of course. Then based on that, the author for Fox news (James Rosen) constructs his own opinion around it.

exotix
10-09-2015, 10:08 AM
I'm a little bit surprised (D-Maryland) Ben Cardin is in bed with teawad traitor Corker on this one.

For example, the review act – sponsored by Sens. Bob Corker (R-Tennessee) and Ben Cardin (D-Maryland), the chairman and ranking member, respectively, of the Foreign Relations Committee, and signed into law by President Obama in May – stated that “any measure of statutory sanctions relief” afforded to Iran under the terms of the nuclear deal may only be “taken consistent with existing statutory requirements for such action.”

leekohler2
10-09-2015, 10:10 AM
`
"Some senior U.S. officials" - Anonymous of course. Then based on that, the author for Fox news (James Rosen) constructs his own opinion around it.

And you're surprised?

Tahuyaman
10-09-2015, 10:25 AM
Watch the left wing loons go crazy over this.

Crepitus
10-09-2015, 10:43 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/09/exclusive-us-officials-conclude-iran-deal-violates-federal-law/?intcmp=hpbt1

Some senior U.S. officials involved in the implementation of the Iran nuclear deal have privately concluded that a key sanctions relief provision – a concession to Iran that will open the doors to tens of billions of dollars in U.S.-backed commerce with the Islamic regime – conflicts with existing federal statutes and cannot be implemented without violating those laws, Fox News has learned.
At issue is a passage tucked away in ancillary paperwork attached to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (http://www.state.gov/e/eb/tfs/spi/iran/jcpoa/), or JCPOA, as the Iran nuclear deal is formally known. Specifically, Section 5.1.2 of Annex II (http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/245320.pdf) provides that in exchange for Iranian compliance with the terms of the deal, the U.S. “shall…license non-U.S. entities that are owned or controlled by a U.S. person to engage in activities with Iran that are consistent with this JCPOA.”
Which US officials? The same ones who wrote the treasonous letter in an attempt to undermine the deal?

Common Sense
10-09-2015, 10:45 AM

We can just watch you instead.

Tahuyaman
10-09-2015, 10:47 AM
We can just watch you instead.

Left wing types make up stupid shit out of thin air and think they are proving a point.

Common Sense
10-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Left wing types make up stupid shit out of thin air and think they are proving a point.

LOL...you're still mad.

Geez dude, that was yesterday.

maineman
10-09-2015, 10:55 AM

if yawning fits your definition of going crazy, then yes... I suppose you're right.

Peter1469
10-09-2015, 10:56 AM
The Iran deal isn't a binding treaty. Keep Iran's assets frozen.

leekohler2
10-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Left wing types make up stupid $#@! out of thin air and think they are proving a point.

This news story is from Fox News- hardly made up by the left. Or did Fox disagree with you in some way and are now liberals? :D

leekohler2
10-09-2015, 11:01 AM
if yawning fits your definition of going crazy, then yes... I suppose you're right.

Pretty much. A fair bit of giggling involved too.

zelmo1234
10-09-2015, 11:13 AM
The Iran deal isn't a binding treaty. Keep Iran's assets frozen.

It will be interesting to see how the new speaker handles this. Possibly defunding the SS would be a good place to start

Tahuyaman
10-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Geez dude, that was yesterday.

making up stupid shit is your daily default position.

Tahuyaman
10-09-2015, 11:15 AM

Go hump someone else's leg today.

Tahuyaman
10-09-2015, 11:17 AM
This news story is from Fox News- hardly made up by the left. Or did Fox disagree with you in some way and are now liberals? :D

the reaction by the left is where the craziness originates.

AeonPax
10-09-2015, 11:19 AM
And you're surprised?
`
Naw. I have negative expectations of anything I read from fox news. This one is especially blatant.

Matty
10-09-2015, 11:23 AM
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), the G.O.P. presidential candidate who is a Harvard-trained lawyer and ardent critic of the Iran deal, said the re-opening of the loophole fits a pattern of the Obama administration enforcing federal laws selectively.
“It’s a problem that the president doesn’t have the ability wave a magic wand and make go away,” Cruz told Fox News in an interview. “Any U.S. company that follows through on this, that allows their foreign-owned subsidiaries to do business with Iran, will very likely face substantial civil liability, litigation and potentially even criminal prosecution. The obligation to follow federal law doesn’t go away simply because we have a lawless president who refuses to acknowledge or follow federal law.”

Houston! We have a problem.

maineman
10-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Go hump someone else's leg today.

you predicted the left would go crazy. I disagreed. If you don't want people disagreeing with you and commenting on their disagreement, there is an easy solution... simply stfu. Barring that, stand by for comments from folks who think differently than you do. Actually, now that I say it, it would seem that any people who actually think, think differently than you do.

leekohler2
10-09-2015, 12:16 PM
the reaction by the left is where the craziness originates.

What reaction?

valley ranch
10-09-2015, 12:32 PM
What exactly is the Iran Deal?

SouthernBelle82
10-09-2015, 12:37 PM

Why? It's an anonymous source. "Left wing loons" tend to question the source....

maineman
10-09-2015, 12:43 PM

I'm still watching and waiting. Have you seen any craziness about this from the left as of late?

Cletus
10-09-2015, 01:05 PM
Which US officials? The same ones who wrote the treasonous letter in an attempt to undermine the deal?

Treason is a pretty strong word with a specific definition.

Tell us how that letter was "treasonous'.

Crepitus
10-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Treason is a pretty strong word with a specific definition.

Tell us how that letter was "treasonous'.
Not going over this again.

Cletus
10-09-2015, 01:08 PM
Not going over this again.

Okay, then tell me where you went over this before. I haven't seen the arguments.

It would be easier to just explain to me why you think the letter was treasonous.

Crepitus
10-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Okay, then tell me where you went over this before. I haven't seen the arguments.

It would be easier to just explain to me why you think the letter was treasonous.
Done to death, Use the archives, the search button is your friend. As previously stated I'm not going over this again.

donttread
10-09-2015, 01:26 PM

Good, jail the CEO's !

Cletus
10-09-2015, 01:41 PM
Done to death, Use the archives, the search button is your friend. As previously stated I'm not going over this again.

That is probably because you didn't do it right the first time.

Crepitus
10-09-2015, 01:49 PM
That is probably because you didn't do it right the first time.
Think whatever you want. Not going off on this tangent because you are to lazy to do your own research.

Matty
10-09-2015, 01:54 PM
What exactly is the Iran Deal?

We are giving them lots of money and all the privacy they need to build a bomb.

Cletus
10-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Think whatever you want. Not going off on this tangent because you are to lazy to do your own research.

Well, I thought I might give your opinion some consideration. It probably would have just been a waste of time, anyway. There was nothing treasonous about that letter.