View Full Version : Dick Cheney

Conley
09-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Notice anything...unusual?

http://goo.gl/uPQ4U

:o :o :o

Captain Obvious
09-06-2011, 10:26 PM
The obvious would be the little girl, but I wonder what the dickmeister is drinking there.

He does have a bad ticker from what I understand.

Plus he appears to have a sack of quarters in his loincloth.

Conley
09-06-2011, 11:02 PM
I was referring to the bulge in his pants.

Good observations though.

:D

wingrider
09-06-2011, 11:24 PM
The obvious would be the little girl, but I wonder what the dickmeister is drinking there.

He does have a bad ticker from what I understand.

Plus he appears to have a sack of quarters in his loincloth.

damn it you made me spit coffee all over the desk. LMAO

MMC
09-07-2011, 12:24 AM
http://www.cagle.com/news/CheneyBook/images/97565_600.jpg

::)

Conley
09-07-2011, 11:17 AM
tour and torture really aren't spelled that similarly :P

Mister D
09-07-2011, 12:08 PM
tour and torture really aren't spelled that similarly :P

That cartoon is kind of corny.

Pimby
09-07-2011, 12:24 PM
respect the man. obviously has more of a sack than barry too.

Pendragon
09-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Who could respect a man who contributed so much to America's demise?

For shame!!

Captain Obvious
09-07-2011, 05:50 PM
The problem, and it's not so much a problem IMO with the dickmeister is that his approach was completely anti political. He ran his ship like a private industry orgainzation which is how the government should be ran but it's not.

You don't stay in business by being politically correct or pandering to special interests. Private industry can't afford to fund that kind of bullshit, but governments can because they can - which again is the answer to the riddle and why we're in such a fucking clusterfuck that we're in.

It's called waste. Government thrives and dies on waste, private industry can't afford it.

Conley
09-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Exactly, like some of us were talking about border security in another thread. We the people all know what this country needs and a lot of us have the same priorities, but the government will ignore it and keep running the special interest show with all the waste and bull that goes along with it.

Captain Obvious
09-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Big government is too powerful an institution to take on like the Tea Party is trying to do. In the long run, the Tea Party will merge with and become part of the big government institution. It sells now because that thought is trendy but political opinion ebbs and flows far to quickly and I'm completely convinced the Tea Party will become yet another political power play organization that panders to political interests for the sake of itself and nobody else. It's pretty much that already.

The political process is about selling ideas, not enacting them. Sell, get votes and business as usual. Voters who ignorantly support this process will write it off when they don't get what they paid for out of complacency. That will never change.

Mister D
09-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Big government is too powerful an institution to take on like the Tea Party is trying to do. In the long run, the Tea Party will merge with and become part of the big government institution. It sells now because that thought is trendy but political opinion ebbs and flows far to quickly and I'm completely convinced the Tea Party will become yet another political power play organization that panders to political interests for the sake of itself and nobody else. It's pretty much that already.

The political process is about selling ideas, not enacting them. Sell, get votes and business as usual. Voters who ignorantly support this process will write it off when they don't get what they paid for out of complacency. That will never change.

That's probably true (bold type). Already we saw the GOP attempting to co-opt the tea parties. Call me an optimist but perhaps the tea party can transform the GOP. :-\

Conley
09-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I think the Tea Party has already largely been assimilated, and I think once BO is gone in 2012 it will go away much like the anti-War movement disappeared after Obummer got elected. I hope I'm wrong (about the TP, not about BO getting the boot) but that's my prediction.

Mister D
09-07-2011, 06:24 PM
I think the Tea Party has already largely been assimilated, and I think once BO is gone in 2012 it will go away much like the anti-War movement disappeared after Obummer got elected. I hope I'm wrong (about the TP, not about BO getting the boot) but that's my prediction.

I'm not sure but if the tea party is domesticated it will be a real shame and a let down.

Captain Obvious
09-07-2011, 06:53 PM

That's probably true (bold type). Already we saw the GOP attempting to co-opt the tea parties. Call me an optimist but perhaps the tea party can transform the GOP. :-\

I'm really a glass half empty guy on this thought. By definition, political institutions (GOP, Tea Party) will ultimately become part of the machine. To be popular they need money, power. To get money, power, they need to pander.

... lather, rinse, repeat.

Mister D
09-07-2011, 06:59 PM

I'm really a glass half empty guy on this thought. By definition, political institutions (GOP, Tea Party) will ultimately become part of the machine. To be popular they need money, power. To get money, power, they need to pander.

I've mentioned before that the GOP appears more than willing to pander. I do think the Democrats engage in far more blatant pandering (race, sex, class you name it) but the GOP is learning to play that game.

Captain Obvious
09-07-2011, 07:17 PM

I've mentioned before that the GOP appears more than willing to pander. I do think the Democrats engage in far more blatant pandering (race, sex, class you name it) but the GOP is learning to play that game.

Of course they are - and it's all about collective hubris.

Sample the water and adapt, but for the wrong reasons. If you are trying to be something you're not, what do you tend to do? Go to the extreme of course and that's what fuels the flame of futility.