PDA

View Full Version : Warning: If Trump wins...

Private Pickle
10-12-2015, 11:57 AM
We have about 4 months or so until the nominations... If Trump gets the nomination I still think he has a shot if he is running against Hillary. It would be a long shot but he could do it, I mean I would vote for him if he were running against Hillary simply because another 4 years on top of the last 16 would be too much for me to bear. At least with Trump shit will be different to a degree.

If he wins I will give him 18 months to see if he behaves like the clown we all believe him to be. If I am pleasantly surprised and he does the things he says: Cut down fed spending, increase military spending and focus, get rid of the war on drugs, puts on a full air campaign against ISIS and the Syrian establishment, tosses the Iranian deal and make noticeable progress on illegal immigration I will not only stay in the country but I will also become a Trump supporter.

While I don't think this will happen, I do have a plan B.

I will research expatriation and I'm not kidding about this. I will try at first to fall upon my International Business degree and my languages. I will look at a variety of different countries that suit my needs. Poland, Costa Rica, Belize, Australia, Croatia and New Zealand would be my first choices although I'm not unwilling to explore additional possibilities.

Why such drastic measures? Well if Trump gets elected its a product of the American public and their enormous departure from knowing what is best for the country and themselves. Our citizenry view our election processes the same way they view their reality television. They will vote for the most flamboyant, the most outrageous and the person who they simply don't know what that person will do next.

These me are not traits one should look for when vetting a leader of the free world.

Lets put put it this way. I am disenfranchised not with my country but with its citizenry. So much in fact that I am truly afraid for our nation's future. Not in an economic collapse scenario or a World War III scenario rather a French Scenario....a German Scenario....a Dutch Scenario...

Sorry...that ain't us...

Cigar
10-12-2015, 12:46 PM
FACT:

Republican Voters will Vote for whoever the Republican Nominee is ...

... no different than Democratic Voters will Vote for whoever the Democratic Nominee is ...

No Mystery here ...

Chloe
10-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Donald Trump is a mouth and a fool, a very wealthy reality tv star fool that is only saying things that people in his audience wants to hear and stirring up resentment, hatred, and irrationality. Saying what's on your mind does not qualify you to he the leader of the free world, nor does being an absolute bully (which he is), nor does being a billionaire, nor does having a book, nor does yelling louder than everybody else, nor does having your name on a building. If people truly think that Donald Trump, Donald Trump, is the best choice to lead this country then we as a society are lost and very desperate. FYI Hillary Clinton is no better.

Cigar
10-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Donald Trump is a mouth and a fool, a very wealthy reality tv star fool that is only saying things that people in his audience wants to hear and stirring up resentment, hatred, and irrationality. Saying what's on your mind does not qualify you to he the leader of the free world, nor does being an absolute bully (which he is), nor does being a billionaire, nor does having a book, nor does yelling louder than everybody else, nor does having your name on a building. If people truly think that Donald Trump, Donald Trump, is the best choice to lead this country then we as a society are lost and very desperate. FYI Hillary Clinton is no better.

BTW I agree, both Trump and Hillary isn't the bet choices.

But watch tomorrows Democratic Debate and see who talks more about real issues.

Private Pickle
10-12-2015, 01:14 PM
FACT:

... no different than Democratic Voters will Vote for whoever the Democratic Nominee is ...

No Mystery here ...

The indi vote decides.

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 01:16 PM
FACT:

No Mystery here ...

FACT:

Democratic Voters will Vote for whoever the Democratic Nominee is ...

... no different than low information Voters who will Vote for whoever the Democratic Nominee is ...

No Mystery here ...

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 01:17 PM
If Trump wins the nomination [shiver], Liberal heads will explode and it will look like Fireworks.

I just migh change my support just to watch that happen. Last time, they promised us they would all move to France if Bush won a second term, but they were lying again. Maybe this time they all will!!

Cigar
10-12-2015, 01:18 PM
FACT:

Democratic Voters will Vote for whoever the Democratic Nominee is ...

... no different than low information Voters who will Vote for whoever the Democratic Nominee is ...

No Mystery here ...

Ok ... so do you feel like a Winner now? :laugh:

Cigar
10-12-2015, 01:19 PM
If Trump wins the nomination [shiver], Liberal heads will explode and it will look like Fireworks.

I just migh change my support just to watch that happen. Last time, they promised us they would all move to France if Bush won a second term, but they were lying again. Maybe this time they all will!!

Actually this Liberal will be excited :grin:

suds00
10-12-2015, 01:38 PM
if trump's elected,how long before articles of impeachment are drawn?

Cigar
10-12-2015, 01:41 PM

Or request for Birth Certificates ...

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Ok ... so do you feel like a Winner now? :laugh:

Beats looking like a loser.

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 01:44 PM
But watch tomorrows Democratic Debate and see who talks more about real issues.

Priceless.
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t542/apple-sauce38/Positive%20Reactions/laughing/biglaugh7_zpsd701e485.gif

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 01:45 PM
The indi vote decides.

No it doesn't. But I am all eyes to see your credible citations to support such a claim.

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 01:45 PM
Actually this Liberal will be excited :grin:

Sure you will.....::wink::

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 01:46 PM

I think that every Liberal in the country should hold their breath waiting for this to happen.

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Or request for Birth Certificates ...

Is Ted Cruz, born in Canada, eligible to run for president?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/aug/20/ted-cruz-born-canada-eligible-run-president/

Was McCain born in the USA?
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/may/12/born-usa/

Meet the Most Important Ted Cruz Birther: Ted Cruz
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/113135/ted-cruz-2016-hes-his-own-worst-birther

Can Ted Cruz run for president?
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/13/politics/natural-born-president/index.html

AeonPax
10-12-2015, 01:53 PM
`
With the possible exception of Sanders, the entire 2016 presidential cesspool of candidates are so repugnant, I'm going third party.

Cigar
10-12-2015, 01:57 PM
`
With the possible exception of Sanders, the entire 2016 presidential cesspool of candidates are so repugnant, I'm going third party.

I agree ... that's why I'm hoping for a refreshing Political Debate tomorrow that will finally focus on "real" issues that impact most Americans and not Reality Star Politics.

I'm hoping Bernie Sanders forces an Adult Focused conversation on Politics.

Ransom
10-12-2015, 01:58 PM
What say he promises to get rid of dangerous evangelicals and/or bans plastic bottles at sporting events?

Or changes his party affiliation to (D)?

Game changer?

:biglaugh:

Common
10-12-2015, 01:59 PM
`

What third party ? This country is in worse shape poltiically than I even imagined. Im reading pickles post and said DEAR GOD were actually talking that a Donald Trump could win Potus.
How far have we deteriorated politically that we can even consider a clown like him for potus.

Hes everything a president shouldnt be and ill start with liar and we can go from there.

Cigar
10-12-2015, 01:59 PM
Is Ted Cruz, born in Canada, eligible to run for president?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/aug/20/ted-cruz-born-canada-eligible-run-president/

Was McCain born in the USA?
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/may/12/born-usa/

Meet the Most Important Ted Cruz Birther: Ted Cruz
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/113135/ted-cruz-2016-hes-his-own-worst-birther

Can Ted Cruz run for president?
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/13/politics/natural-born-president/index.html

OBAMA-BIRTH-CERTIFICATE-LONG-FORM.jpg (http://i.huffpost.com/gen/270938/OBAMA-BIRTH-CERTIFICATE-LONG-FORM.jpg)

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 02:02 PM

Translation: none are Marxist enough.....except for Bernie.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t542/apple-sauce38/Positive%20Reactions/laughing/biglaugh7_zpsd701e485.gif

Cigar
Sure you will.....::wink::

I was Excited for McCain and Romney ... and I'll be just as excited for Trump. :grin:

Truth Detector
I agree ... that's why I'm hoping for a refreshing Political Debate tomorrow that will finally focus on "real" issues that impact most Americans and not Reality Star Politics.

I'm hoping Bernie Sanders forces an Adult Focused conversation on Politics.

Damned funny stuff here.

Cigar
10-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Translation: none are Marxist enough.....except for Bernie.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t542/apple-sauce38/Positive Reactions/laughing/biglaugh7_zpsd701e485.gif

What Date do you think the 2017 GOP Autopsy will come out?

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 02:03 PM
What third party ? This country is in worse shape poltiically than I even imagined. Im reading pickles post and said DEAR GOD were actually talking that a Donald Trump could win Potus.
How far have we deteriorated politically that we can even consider a clown like him for potus.

Hes everything a president shouldnt be and ill start with liar and we can go from there.

Yes, the nation is terrible. After all, things are so much better in Europe, the ME, Eastern Europe and Asia right? ::wink wink::

Maybe you can move to Finnland?

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 02:04 PM
I was Excited for McCain and Romney ... and I'll be just as excited for Trump. :grin:

Sure you were.

Cigar
10-12-2015, 02:05 PM
Sure you were.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t542/apple-sauce38/Positive Reactions/laughing/biglaugh7_zpsd701e485.gif

You know what I'm really excited to see ... the look on Conservatives faces after another defeat. :grin:

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 02:14 PM
What Date do you think the 2017 GOP Autopsy will come out?

I am amused that you don't think the DNC autopsy already came out in 2010 and 2014. Of course, in Obama liberal loony land liberals still think they are winning.

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 02:15 PM
You know what I'm really excited to see ... the look on Conservatives faces after another defeat. :grin:

It will be nothing compared to the dumb look on Liberal faces after another massive defeat while stupidly thinking they're still winning.

Private Pickle
10-12-2015, 02:28 PM
No it doesn't. But I am all eyes to see your credible citations to support such a claim.

Oh hey! Good to see you back given its only a matter of time before your result to insulting and bad faith posting. One step closer to being rid of you.

I think it's pretty obvious that the undecided/independent voter decides the outcome of most elections. If it were the base then the elections would be based on the electorate in that base. Since we see flip flops on presidentials it's more than just base sway.

zelmo1234
10-12-2015, 02:36 PM
The problem is the nation is looking for the answer to come from the government?

And that is impossible because Government is the problem, not the answer.

Cigar
10-12-2015, 02:45 PM
It will be nothing compared to the dumb look on Liberal faces after another massive defeat while stupidly thinking they're still winning.

I don't know, it's not me that's aways angry and bitter. :laugh:

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 02:51 PM
The indi vote decides.

Oh hey! Good to see you back given its only a matter of time before your result to insulting and bad faith posting. One step closer to being rid of you.

You're not even a slightly convincing liar; but censure is what those who lack the conviction and facts to defend their positions prefer when their lies and distortions are flung back into their faces.

I think it's pretty obvious that the undecided/independent voter decides the outcome of most elections.

If it is so OBVIOUS and FACTUAL, why is it you refuse to provide anything more substantive than "because you say so?"

If it were the base then the elections would be based on the electorate in that base.

Im struggling to make any sense out of this post.

Since we see flip flops on presidentials it's more than just base sway.

....and has nothing to do with winning the Independent voter.

Get back to me when you can support your claim.

Romney didn't lose because of the Independent vote; he lost mainly because many didn't like him thanks to a left stream media that was in the tank for Obama.

Best explanation:

American voters, in other words, vote for talented politicians with winning personalities and display no long-standing ideological pattern to their voting. They embrace charismatic and politically skilled candidates whether they portray themselves as conservative (Reagan), “compassionate conservative” (Bush), moderate (Ike), neo-liberal (Clinton), or ardently progressive (Obama). This doesn’t mean that a supremely gifted, powerfully persuasive conservative (like Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, Bobby Jindal or Chris Christie) couldn’t win the presidency, or that a bumbling, inauthentic moderate could. It does suggest that the American people don’t award either certain victory or inevitable defeat based on ideology, despite cherished conservative legends to the contrary. Voters won’t automatically prefer conservatives over moderates but they do reliably choose likeable, live-wire candidates who look like winners over stiff, dour office-seekers of any ideology who seem like they’re ready and eager to lose.

http://www.michaelmedved.com/column/true-conservatives-win-every-time-is-alas-only-a-fantasy/

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 02:52 PM
I don't know, it's not me that's aways angry and bitter. :laugh:

So you say; many comedians commit suicide and are extremely anti-social and insecure. :laugh:

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 02:52 PM
The problem is the nation is looking for the answer to come from the government?

Bravo! Unfortunately, we have been indoctrinated to believe that Congress must "work."

Private Pickle
10-12-2015, 02:55 PM
You're not even a slightly convincing liar; but censure is what those who lack the conviction and facts to defend their positions prefer when their lies and distortions are flung back into their faces.

If it is so OBVIOUS and FACTUAL, why is it you refuse to provide anything more substantive than "because you say so?"

Romney didn't lose because of the Independent vote; he lost mainly because many didn't like him thanks to a left stream media that was in the tank for Obama.

Best explanation:

American voters, in other words, vote for talented politicians with winning personalities and display no long-standing ideological pattern to their voting. They embrace charismatic and politically skilled candidates whether they portray themselves as conservative (Reagan), “compassionate conservative” (Bush), moderate (Ike), neo-liberal (Clinton), or ardently progressive (Obama). This doesn’t mean that a supremely gifted, powerfully persuasive conservative (like Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, Bobby Jindal or Chris Christie) couldn’t win the presidency, or that a bumbling, inauthentic moderate could. It does suggest that the American people don’t award either certain victory or inevitable defeat based on ideology, despite cherished conservative legends to the contrary. Voters won’t automatically prefer conservatives over moderates but they do reliably choose likeable, live-wire candidates who look like winners over stiff, dour office-seekers of any ideology who seem like they’re ready and eager to lose.

http://www.michaelmedved.com/column/true-conservatives-win-every-time-is-alas-only-a-fantasy/

Keep calling me a liar. It helps my case against you.

Did you actually have a thought of your own on this or do you expect me to respond to every Medved link you post?

Cigar
10-12-2015, 03:01 PM
So you say; many comedians commit suicide and are extremely anti-social and insecure. :laugh:

I have patience ... demographics and history is on my side. :wink:

Private Pickle
10-12-2015, 03:04 PM
Bravo! Unfortunately, we have been indoctrinated to believe that Congress must "work."

Ghey.

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Keep calling me a liar. It helps my case against you.

Did you actually have a thought of your own on this or do you expect me to respond to every Medved link you post?

Translation: once again, you have NOTHING.

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 03:07 PM
I have patience ... demographics and history is on my side. :wink:

How is that? I am amused that you think you even have a clue about our political history.

Democrats have been on a massive losing streak ever since BillyBobs philandering adminstration. Democrats dominated the Congress for more than 35 years.....not any more.

But you keep pretending your side is winning; it's fun to watch.

Chris
10-12-2015, 03:07 PM

Best explanation:

General warning to watch the name calling, stick to topic.

Private Pickle
10-12-2015, 03:09 PM

So so my interpretation was right? Thanks!!

Cigar
10-12-2015, 03:10 PM
How is that? I am amused that you think you even have a clue about our political history.

Democrats have been on a massive losing streak ever since BillyBobs philandering adminstration. Democrats dominated the Congress for more than 35 years.....not any more.

But you keep pretending your side is winning; it's fun to watch.

Ok ... if you want me to say it, YOUR Party is Winning.

So Stop your Bitching :laugh:

Private Pickle
10-12-2015, 03:11 PM

By the way. Just keep talking. You ban is right around the corner.

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Ok ... if you want me to say it, YOUR Party is Winning.

So Stop your $#@!ing :laugh:

Is that what I wanted? I am pretty sure I was merely proving your claims of how Republicans are losing was specious and without any merit.

You seem upset by that.

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 03:16 PM
So so my interpretation was right? Thanks!!

It's fairly obvious that it wasn't; unless you think "because you say so" makes arguments compelling and factual.

Cigar
10-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Is that what I wanted? I am pretty sure I was merely proving your claims of how Republicans are losing was specious and without any merit.

You seem upset by that.

Then Enjoy your Huge Victories :laugh: ... I know I am. :grin:

Truth Detector
By the way. Just keep talking. You ban is right around the corner.

Is it? Did you and Chris have a little conference about how to troll me into another divined infraction?

You both can be pathetic and quite predictable. Next you'll believe that I give a crap. LMAO

Peter1469
FACT:

No Mystery here ...

Tell that to Mitt. :laugh: If that were true he would be POTUS.

Peter1469
10-12-2015, 03:18 PM

Being a tool of the evil Establishment, also does not qualify you for office.

Cigar
10-12-2015, 03:18 PM
Tell that to Mitt. :laugh: If that were true he would be POTUS.

... didn't he get 47% of the Votes :grin:

Private Pickle
10-12-2015, 03:19 PM
It's fairly obvious that it wasn't; unless you think "because you say so" makes arguments compelling and factual.

Well unless you come up with something different looks like you're sucking ass.

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Then Enjoy your Huge Victories :laugh: ... I know I am. :grin:

I did; I enjoyed them in 2010 and 2014 which stopped Obama the dipshit from spending us into another trillion in deficits.

I enjoyed the massive victory in 2/3rds of the State Houses that are dominated by Republican houses and Governorships.

The only thing Obama has won is more support from a media no longer interested in objectivity.

But, he has accomplished that which only BillyBob had before him; losing the House and the Senate to the opposition party. He still stupidly thinks American's support his brain dead agenda.

Private Pickle
10-12-2015, 03:20 PM
Is it? Did you and Chris have a little conference about how to troll me into another divined infraction?

You both can be pathetic and quite predictable. Next you'll believe that I give a crap. LMAO

Yup. We did. And we are all in agreement. The forum mods know about you and are just looking for a reason to boot you. Got one?

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 03:20 PM
Well unless you come up with something different looks like you're sucking ass.

Irony.

Peter1469
10-12-2015, 03:21 PM
... didn't he get 47% of the Votes :grin:

Had the republicans who stayed home showed up it would have been Mitt.

Truth Detector
10-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Yup. We did. And we are all in agreement. The forum mods know about you and are just looking for a reason to boot you. Got one?

That's incredibly pathetic; but predictable with Liberals who can't defend their idiotic positions and failed ideology and therefore resort to Fascist tactics like censure.

But good luck with that; it's your only game.

Bob
10-12-2015, 04:02 PM

Are you positive?

I need to research this.

Cigar
10-12-2015, 04:03 PM

If If If

AeonPax
10-12-2015, 04:08 PM
`
`
The Electoral college will stop a Trump presidency.

birddog
10-12-2015, 04:47 PM
`
`

How's that? If he is nominated, he will win. No competition!

Peter1469
10-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Are you positive?

I need to research this.

Absolutely. Mitt (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/11/08/the_case_of_the_missing_white_voters_116106-2.html)kept enough of us home that the GOP lost.

Keep that in mind when you nominate the next candidate.

PolWatch
10-12-2015, 04:59 PM
If If If
https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.Mfd9dab53997eb3032e568d9a220684a8o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Bob
10-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Absolutely. Mitt (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/11/08/the_case_of_the_missing_white_voters_116106-2.html)kept enough of us home that the GOP lost.

Mitt has been, other than Reagan, our finest nomination.

Yes, I know all about the prejudice that caused his loss.

Bob
10-12-2015, 06:00 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by AeonPax http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=1288747#post1288747)
`
`

Well, the winner has to win, state by state. One state at a time. But I believe they must win maybe 6 states or they lose.

Democrats clearly will win California. Question is will the R pick up the proper mix of states to overcome that and NY States loss. Will VA go republican this time? They flip flop. etc and etc.

Chris
10-12-2015, 06:24 PM
`
`

How so? You think there'd be enough faithless electors? Half the states have laws against that.

texan
10-12-2015, 10:41 PM
We have about 4 months or so until the nominations... If Trump gets the nomination I still think he has a shot if he is running against Hillary. It would be a long shot but he could do it, I mean I would vote for him if he were running against Hillary simply because another 4 years on top of the last 16 would be too much for me to bear. At least with Trump $#@! will be different to a degree.

If he wins I will give him 18 months to see if he behaves like the clown we all believe him to be. If I am pleasantly surprised and he does the things he says: Cut down fed spending, increase military spending and focus, get rid of the war on drugs, puts on a full air campaign against ISIS and the Syrian establishment, tosses the Iranian deal and make noticeable progress on illegal immigration I will not only stay in the country but I will also become a Trump supporter.

While I don't think this will happen, I do have a plan B.

I will research expatriation and I'm not kidding about this. I will try at first to fall upon my International Business degree and my languages. I will look at a variety of different countries that suit my needs. Poland, Costa Rica, Belize, Australia, Croatia and New Zealand would be my first choices although I'm not unwilling to explore additional possibilities.

Why such drastic measures? Well if Trump gets elected its a product of the American public and their enormous departure from knowing what is best for the country and themselves. Our citizenry view our election processes the same way they view their reality television. They will vote for the most flamboyant, the most outrageous and the person who they simply don't know what that person will do next.

These me are not traits one should look for when vetting a leader of the free world.

Lets put put it this way. I am disenfranchised not with my country but with its citizenry. So much in fact that I am truly afraid for our nation's future. Not in an economic collapse scenario or a World War III scenario rather a French Scenario....a German Scenario....a Dutch Scenario...

Sorry...that ain't us...

FACT:

More "republicans" will vote than maybe ever in this next election. They are as motivated to replacing these no job vomit economists as the left was replace the war mongering Bush. Oh yes its coming..............I travel for a living and its everywhere. The more moderate middle that voted for Obama has had enough and the other voters are motivated. It will likely swing the election. You can try to make the argument that Hillary is different, but she is proving she is not and people know it.

texan
10-12-2015, 10:44 PM
Bill Maher Friday:

"Am I ready for Hillary? Yes! Am I excited about Hillary? No!"

Says it all. People have to want to vote to get them out to vote.

AeonPax
10-13-2015, 03:42 AM
`
The Electoral college is also a fail safe to prevent the wrong person from being elected president. Ec delegates are not legally bound to vote according to the popular vote. Should someone unqualified get elected, delegates may cross lines and vote in a manner that prevents a popular but unqualified candidate, from reaching 270 Ec votes. Trump would be one of those questionable candidates.
`

"Contrary to modern perceptions, the founding generation did not intend to create a direct democracy. To the contrary, the Founders deliberately created a republic -- or, arguably, a republican democracy -- that would incorporate a spirit of compromise and deliberation into decision-making. Such a form of government, the Founders believed, would allow them to achieve two potentially conflicting objectives: avoiding the "tyranny of the majority" inherent in pure democratic systems, while allowing the "sense of the people" to be reflected in the new American government - source (http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2004/11/the-electoral-college-enlightened-democracy)

Chris
10-13-2015, 09:05 AM
`
The Electoral college is also a fail safe to prevent the wrong person from being elected president. Ec delegates are not legally bound to vote according to the popular vote. Should someone unqualified get elected, delegates may cross lines and vote in a manner that prevents a popular but unqualified candidate, from reaching 270 Ec votes. Trump would be one of those questionable candidates.
`

"Contrary to modern perceptions, the founding generation did not intend to create a direct democracy. To the contrary, the Founders deliberately created a republic -- or, arguably, a republican democracy -- that would incorporate a spirit of compromise and deliberation into decision-making. Such a form of government, the Founders believed, would allow them to achieve two potentially conflicting objectives: avoiding the "tyranny of the majority" inherent in pure democratic systems, while allowing the "sense of the people" to be reflected in the new American government - source (http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2004/11/the-electoral-college-enlightened-democracy)

Again, the facts undermine your opinion:

Electors are typically chosen and nominated by a political party or the party's presidential nominee. Electors usually are party members with a reputation for high loyalty to the party and its candidate. A faithless elector runs the risk of party censure and political retaliation from their party as well as, in some states, potential criminal penalties....

Twenty-one states do not have laws that compel their electors to vote for a pledged candidate.[3] Twenty-nine states plus the District of Columbia have laws to penalize faithless electors, although these have never been enforced.[2] In place of penalizing a faithless elector, some states, like Michigan and Minnesota, specify that the faithless elector's vote is void.[4]...

The constitutionality of state pledge laws was confirmed by the Supreme Court in 1952 in Ray v. Blair.[6]....

@ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector

Both regulation and reputation control against is being any sort of fail safe.

As to your quote, what they intended was state control of elections.

Tahuyaman
10-13-2015, 10:26 AM
FACT:

No Mystery here ...

You are incorrect. The last two presidential elections proved that.

Mac-7
10-13-2015, 11:59 AM

Oh gee.

Know-it-all libs left, right and center dont like trump.

There was a time when America had a white Christian conservative majority that that guided the nation on a steady predictable course.

But now that concensus is gone.

Very few true Christans, a shrinking white majority and 50 definations of what a conservative is.

So we get 3 dishonest/incompetent/evil presidents who drag the nation to lows never thought possible when baby boomers were still in diapers.

And now the NPR-MSNBC-Dailykos crowd rejects Donald Trump?

Dont make me laugh.

Chloe
10-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Oh gee.

Know-it-all libs left, right and center dont like trump.

There was a time when America had a white Christian conservative majority that that guided the nation on a steady predictable course.

But now that concensus is gone.

Very few true Christans, a shrinking white majority and 50 definations of what a conservative is.

So we get 3 dishonest/incompetent/evil presidents who drag the nation to lows never thought possible when baby boomers were still in diapers.

And now the NPR-MSNBC-Dailykos crowd rejects Donald Trump?

Dont make me laugh.

First off I'm Jewish and so whether or not a candidate is Christian is pretty much unimportant to me, and secondly if you honestly think Donald Trump is running to be president for any other reason besides power then you have totally blinded yourself.

Bob
10-13-2015, 01:34 PM
First off I'm Jewish and so whether or not a candidate is Christian is pretty much unimportant to me, and secondly if you honestly think Donald Trump is running to be president for any other reason besides power then you have totally blinded yourself.

I won't do more than say it sure worked for Obama didn't it?

Matty
10-13-2015, 01:38 PM
`
`

Goodness. I don't even like Trump. But if Obama was qualified surely Trump is. Nobody could mess things up more than Obama has.

Cigar
10-13-2015, 01:43 PM
Goodness. I don't even like Trump. But if Obama was qualified surely Trump is. Nobody could mess things up more than Obama has.

You gotta admit, even I wouldn't have ever thought anyone could take down The Good Old Party like Obama, until Trump came along to speed up the process. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Chloe
10-13-2015, 01:47 PM
I won't do more than say it sure worked for Obama didn't it?

Obama has mostly sucked as a president but atleast I can take solace in the fact that I voted for Dr. Jill Stein. Obama aside, Trump is a horrible candidate, would suck just as bad if not worse, and is absolutely not the answer to our country's problems.

Common Sense
10-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Just the fact that some Americans would consider it should make you all embarrassed.

Common
10-13-2015, 02:46 PM

Chloe right now in person I would scream at you WHY DO YOU BOTHER :)

Chloe
10-13-2015, 02:53 PM
Chloe right now in person I would scream at you WHY DO YOU BOTHER :)

I guess I still naively believe that anybody can still be reasoned with. It's atleast worth a shot.

Matty
10-13-2015, 02:58 PM

If Trump is on the ticket I will stay home. Who do you favor?

AeonPax
10-13-2015, 03:37 PM
Again, the facts undermine your opinion:@ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector Both regulation and reputation control against is being any sort of fail safe. As to your quote, what they intended was state control of elections.
`
Once again, your opinions lead the list as the most unfounded. Your opinions are not facts, your so-called proof is inapplicable to the topic....sorry.

Peter1469
10-13-2015, 03:46 PM
If Trump is on the ticket I will stay home. Who do you favor?

Rand Paul. Perhaps Carley Fiorina.

AeonPax
10-13-2015, 03:49 PM
`
It's my opinion that among rational people, the thought of a Trump presidency is such an anathema, the Electoral College would not allow him to be president. It's within the realm of possibility.

Bob
10-13-2015, 03:49 PM
Obama has mostly sucked as a president but atleast I can take solace in the fact that I voted for Dr. Jill Stein. Obama aside, Trump is a horrible candidate, would suck just as bad if not worse, and is absolutely not the answer to our country's problems.

See how well that worked out for you?

I keep recommending actual governors or recently worked at that job types. Hillary slept with a Governor but that is not what I mean.

Matty
10-13-2015, 03:59 PM
`
It's my opinion that among rational people, the thought of a Trump presidency is such an anathema, the Electoral College would not allow him to be president. It's within the realm of possibility.

In your opinion who are the rational people? Surely not those who voted for Obama.

Bob
10-13-2015, 04:13 PM
In your opinion who are the rational people? Surely not those who voted for Obama.

Let's study the Obama voters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8

Chloe
10-13-2015, 05:08 PM
See how well that worked out for you?

I keep recommending actual governors or recently worked at that job types. Hillary slept with a Governor but that is not what I mean.

I had no illusions that she would somehow win but ultimately I will vote for the person that most closely represents my beliefs and my hopes for the country. In that election it wasn't Romney or Obama, it was Stein. I recommend everybody vote for the candidate that most closely represents your own beliefs and your own hopes for the country. Atleast you'd know what you'd be getting.

Bob
10-13-2015, 05:21 PM
I had no illusions that she would somehow win but ultimately I will vote for the person that most closely represents my beliefs and my hopes for the country. In that election it wasn't Romney or Obama, it was Stein. I recommend everybody vote for the candidate that most closely represents your own beliefs and your own hopes for the country. Atleast you'd know what you'd be getting.

You put more trust in them to be honest than I do.

But with Romney, I am very well acquainted with his raising, his life with the church and his family, how he actually treated workers and how well he is respected for fixing the olympics. And I believe given he governed democrats, he gave them what they wanted, so I know he will deliver.

But we got stuck with the skunk again. A friend of mine, votes Democrat, told me he voted for Romney because as a church member, he trusted Romney.

Mini Me
10-14-2015, 02:43 PM

As long as you believe that, the nation cannot move forward!

You are programmed to lap up the corporate fascist line!

Gov.t isnt the problem, corrupt individuals within gov.t are the problem, with morally repugnant ideologies!

Mini Me
10-14-2015, 03:05 PM
I did; I enjoyed them in 2010 and 2014 which stopped Obama the dipshit from spending us into another trillion in deficits.

I enjoyed the massive victory in 2/3rds of the State Houses that are dominated by Republican houses and Governorships.

The only thing Obama has won is more support from a media no longer interested in objectivity.

But, he has accomplished that which only BillyBob had before him; losing the House and the Senate to the opposition party. He still stupidly thinks American's support his brain dead agenda.

The main reason people vote Duhmocrap is to PREVENT Rethuglicans from winning office! "Lessor of two evils "stuff!

Mini Me
10-14-2015, 03:07 PM

Ever been in a Turkish Prison, son?

That's what 30 days in the Hole is like here!

Mac-7
10-15-2015, 06:22 AM
Gov.t isnt the problem, corrupt individuals within gov.t are the problem, with morally repugnant ideologies!

Thats wacky.

You worship government but hate the people who are the government.

Government is what it is.

and historically government is bad.

The founding fathers knew that big government is inherently bad.

Since human nature has not changed sonce the Constitution was written it is delusional to expect government to be better now than it ever has been.