PDA

View Full Version : Republican vs. Democratic Debates

texan
10-13-2015, 09:41 PM
Trump makes it interesting, Billary and clan are sooooo boring.

Green Arrow
10-13-2015, 09:57 PM
I actually enjoyed the Democratic debate far better. Fewer candidates means more speaking time for each, and fewer soundbites. Unless your name is Hillary Clinton, in which case soundbites are all you get.

The Republican debates were entertaining, the Democratic debate was substantive. Take Hillary out of it and it's what all political debates should be: rational, reasonable, and respectful.

There were maybe two or three leaders on the GOP stage. There were four leaders on the Democratic stage, and Hillary wasn't one of them.

Cigar
10-13-2015, 10:06 PM
Reality TV and promises are exciting.

Real World politics is reaity.

Green Arrow
10-13-2015, 10:10 PM
Reality TV and promises are exciting.

Real World politics is reaity.

I agree, which is why Hillary should totally lose her frontrunner status after this. She was the only one that spoke like a reality TV politician.

Cigar
10-13-2015, 10:23 PM
I agree, which is why Hillary should totally lose her frontrunner status after this. She was the only one that spoke like a reality TV politician.

I'm ok with you not voting for her.

But you and I have zero say on everyone elses Vote.

Green Arrow
10-13-2015, 10:24 PM
I'm ok with you not voting for her.

But you and I have zero say on everyone elses Vote.

Maybe, but I'm going to do what I can to persuade people.

PolWatch
10-14-2015, 06:15 AM

The popularity of Trump is proof that some people have problems distinguishing between reality and reality TV. They are playing a new game: American Idol, Presidential Edition

Professor Peabody
10-14-2015, 08:27 AM
Hillary needed an adult diaper change.

Chris
10-14-2015, 08:35 AM
I didn't watch the Rep debate but for pieces of it later and is was far too contentious to be meaningful, and way too many contenders to focus on any.

The Dem debate was far too uncontentious to be meaningful. What I mean here is if they'd argued with each other more they would have been a little more spontaneous and less rehearsed.

Matty
10-14-2015, 08:40 AM
I didn't watch the Rep debate but for pieces of it later and is was far too contentious to be meaningful, and way too many contenders to focus on any.

The Dem debate was far too uncontentious to be meaningful. What I mean here is if they'd argued with each other more they would have been a little more spontaneous and less rehearsed.

The Democrats tried to out promise each other with free stuff for Americans. SSDD. Punish those who are successful.

Chris
10-14-2015, 08:53 AM
The Democrats tried to out promise each other with free stuff for Americans. SSDD. Punish those who are successful.

That sort of goes without saying, they're Democrats.

"The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it." ~P. J. O'Rourke

Chris
10-14-2015, 08:55 AM
As long as I'm commenting in this thread on the Dem debate, Hillary repeated her lie about McCarthy saying they were out to get her.

Matty
10-14-2015, 08:58 AM
As long as I'm commenting in this thread on the Dem debate, Hillary repeated her lie about McCarthy saying they were out to get her.

She thinks the Republins have given her an out. I say, if she's too ignorant to manage her emails properly she's not fit to lead the country.

Subdermal
10-14-2015, 09:15 AM
Dem Debate: class division/envy - create more entitlements.
Republican Debate: sound fiscal policy suggestions to get Government the hell out of the way.

Pretty stark differences.

Matty
10-14-2015, 09:18 AM
Dem Debate: class division/envy - create more entitlements.
Republican Debate: sound fiscal policy suggestions to get Government the hell out of the way.

Pretty stark differences.

And Democrats think Republicans are extremists.

Chris
10-14-2015, 09:22 AM
How many here are like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqm5hmBHzl8

nic34
10-14-2015, 09:27 AM

I don't think the words were 'out to get her'. Lower her poll numbers is what I heard.

Chris
10-14-2015, 09:30 AM
I don't think the words were 'out to get her'. Lower her poll numbers is what I heard.

Same difference, it's a lie. He did not say that. She lied. But that's Hillary.

nic34
10-14-2015, 09:37 AM
Same difference, it's a lie. He did not say that. She lied. But that's Hillary.

"Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?" McCarthy told Hannity. "But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she's untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened, had we not fought."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/09/30/kevin-mccarthys-comments-about-benghazi-should-raise-a-red-flag-for-republicans/

Yes, SAME difference.....Pretty clear the intention there.... and no lie on Clinton's part, and I'm a Bernie supporter.

Call em as they are, not as you want em.

Chris
10-14-2015, 10:01 AM
"Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?" McCarthy told Hannity. "But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she's untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened, had we not fought."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/09/30/kevin-mccarthys-comments-about-benghazi-should-raise-a-red-flag-for-republicans/

Yes, SAME difference.....Pretty clear the intention there.... and no lie on Clinton's part, and I'm a Bernie supporter.

Call em as they are, not as you want em.

He doesn't say what she claimed he said.

OGIS
10-14-2015, 10:22 AM
There were four leaders on the Democratic stage, and Hillary wasn't one of them.

Chafee looked and acted like he had just smoked a lid of Trainwreck, and his defense of his votes sounded like that bit in the tunnel in Blue's Brothers. I expected him to blame his dog for eating the homework.

Webb reminded me of a Legoman, or possibly a bowling pin. He reminds my wife of Col. Mustard. In the library. With the candlestick.

O'Malley was superficially Presidential. Superficially.

Hillary was... Hillary. I would warn any frontrunners to her to NOT take plane trips, particularly over Africa. And to avoid parks.

Sanders did, in fact, often sound like an old man yelling at clouds, but he is also the only one among them who is honest and passionate. Everyone else there just wants to be President for the sake of being President.

Common Sense
10-14-2015, 10:26 AM
How sad is it that people need entertainment value when it comes to the political process?

Welcome to idiocracy.

Common
10-14-2015, 10:41 AM
How sad is it that people need entertainment value when it comes to the political process?

Welcome to idiocracy.

Weve become a society that must be entertained to stay on focus, were easily bored and distracted.

texan
10-14-2015, 10:57 PM
I agree with having less candidates, but i am not sure where they should be cut off.

donttread
10-15-2015, 05:34 AM
Trump makes it interesting, Billary and clan are sooooo boring.

Kinda like comparing bullshit to dog shot ain't it?