PDA

View Full Version : Gun ring busted for running weapons to Brooklyn from other states

Common
10-14-2015, 09:52 PM
I cant wait to read the back and forth on this one :)

Gun ring busted for running weapons to Brooklyn from other states using Chinatown buses: DA
These gun runners were bus passengers.

After a year-long undercover investigation, prosecutors indicted a group of gun traffickers who purchased a smorgasbord of weapons from out-of-state and illegally resold them in a Brooklyn pharmacy parking lot.
"We are seeing tragedies in Brooklyn every day because of the lax gun laws in other states...how many more people will have to die?" Brooklyn District Attorney Ken Thompson said at a press conference Wednesday.
He noted that "90% of these guns we find in crimes originate out of state.”
"We need to wake up and deal with this or we are going to have these press conferences every couple of months and have more guns on the table — but how many bodies are we going to have in between?"

The ringleader and lead transporter, Michael Bassier, was caught on tape arrogantly bragging to his ex-girlfriend about using the Chinatown bus to bring hundreds of guns from Atlanta and Pittsburgh.
"Listen, I'm walking through Manhattan, right? I've got two Mac 10s on me, a SK assault rifle and four handguns and I'm walking through New York," Bassier allegedly said in one wiretapped conversation.

During 12 trips to Atlanta, Bassier allegedly brought up to six guns and traveled by car to collect purchases in Pittsburgh.
Bassier, 31, allegedly took advantage of the lax gun laws outside of New York to buy weapons a for up to $300 a pop. Bassier then resold the weapons — including 20 assault rifles — for up to $2,500 each.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/gun-ring-busted-running-weapons-brooklyn-da-article-1.2397376

Mister D
10-14-2015, 09:57 PM
I call BS on the Daily News. The gun laws in GA aren't lax and the weapons were legally purchased. Straw purchasing is a felony, the ring was busted, and people are going to jail. Idiots in NYC need to wake up to the fact that other states simply do not want their draconian laws. Period.

Mister D
10-14-2015, 09:59 PM
BTW, gun grabbers, this is where most illegal weapons come from (i.e. criminals sell them to other criminals). Hey, lets make some more laws for criminals to break! Idiots.

Common
10-14-2015, 10:05 PM
I call BS on the Daily News. The gun laws in GA aren't lax and the weapons were legally purchased. Straw purchasing is a felony, the ring was busted, and people are going to jail. Idiots in NYC need to wake up to the fact that other states simply do not want their draconian laws. Period.

Ok what are the gun laws in Georgia specifically, I dont know

Common
10-14-2015, 10:06 PM
BTW, gun grabbers, this is where most illegal weapons come from (i.e. criminals sell them to other criminals). Hey, lets make some more laws for criminals to break! Idiots.

Criminals have always sold guns to other criminals, thats been going on forever.

HoneyBadger
10-15-2015, 12:33 AM
Ok what are the gun laws in Georgia specifically, I dont know

The same as federal law.

donttread
10-15-2015, 05:55 AM
I cant wait to read the back and forth on this one :)

Gun ring busted for running weapons to Brooklyn from other states using Chinatown buses: DA

These gun runners were bus passengers.

After a year-long undercover investigation, prosecutors indicted a group of gun traffickers who purchased a smorgasbord of weapons from out-of-state and illegally resold them in a Brooklyn pharmacy parking lot.
"We are seeing tragedies in Brooklyn every day because of the lax gun laws in other states...how many more people will have to die?" Brooklyn District Attorney Ken Thompson said at a press conference Wednesday.
He noted that "90% of these guns we find in crimes originate out of state.”
"We need to wake up and deal with this or we are going to have these press conferences every couple of months and have more guns on the table — but how many bodies are we going to have in between?"

The ringleader and lead transporter, Michael Bassier, was caught on tape arrogantly bragging to his ex-girlfriend about using the Chinatown bus to bring hundreds of guns from Atlanta and Pittsburgh.
"Listen, I'm walking through Manhattan, right? I've got two Mac 10s on me, a SK assault rifle and four handguns and I'm walking through New York," Bassier allegedly said in one wiretapped conversation.

During 12 trips to Atlanta, Bassier allegedly brought up to six guns and traveled by car to collect purchases in Pittsburgh.
Bassier, 31, allegedly took advantage of the lax gun laws outside of New York to buy weapons a for up to $300 a pop. Bassier then resold the weapons — including 20 assault rifles — for up to $2,500 each.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/gun-ring-busted-running-weapons-brooklyn-da-article-1.2397376

Wait a minute if the guns are illegal in NY than the gun laws should of stopped them from showing up in NY right? Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

donttread
10-15-2015, 05:58 AM

Well "D" the urban cesspool that is NYC can't possibly be their own fault. Clearly other states are responsible!

Common
10-15-2015, 08:22 AM
Wait a minute if the guns are illegal in NY than the gun laws should of stopped them from showing up in NY right? Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

uhh no

Common
10-15-2015, 08:23 AM
I think its funny that the posters in this thread took my posting this as im advocating gun control, think what you want.

The point of the thread was that if you want a gun you can always get one.

Peter1469
10-15-2015, 08:27 AM
I think its funny that the posters in this thread took my posting this as im advocating gun control, think what you want.

Hence the end goal of eliminating guns. Too bad it is not possible, or going to happen.

donttread
10-15-2015, 04:24 PM

We know your a control freak common . Are you denying it?

zelmo1234
10-15-2015, 05:35 PM
Criminals have always sold guns to other criminals, thats been going on forever.
, NO, NO
NO, No, no, no!!!

All we need is background check at gun show will stop all of this don't you know???? just as the liberals keep telling us