PDA

View Full Version : Limitless Immigration Creating Permanent Democrat Majority

Common
10-17-2015, 09:00 AM
The right can thank Ronald Reagan who first championed Amnesty and Illegal immigration at the behest of corporate america who wanted cheap labor to force wages down.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2015/10/report-limitless-immigration-creating-permanent-democrat-majority

Matty
10-17-2015, 09:07 AM
Get used to low wages and thank the Democrats. Regan granted amnesty to 3 million, he said it was the biggest mistake he ever made. Democrats took that and multiplied it by 10.

Matty
10-17-2015, 09:08 AM
Now, Hillary and Sanders want the illegals to have ALL the social benefits including Obamacare so expect more of the same. And let your elderly suffer for it.

Common
10-17-2015, 09:10 AM
Get used to low wages and thank the Democrats. Regan granted amnesty to 3 million, he said it was the biggest mistake he ever made. Democrats took that and multiplied it by 10.

Biggest mistake he ever made but HE MADE IT and left the border wide open after it. Cant get away from the fact that Reagan was the catalyst of our immigration problem because corporate america wanted cheap labor. He gave illegal immigrants the incentive to run across the border in larger numbers

Common
10-17-2015, 09:11 AM
Now, Hillary and Sanders want the illegals to have ALL the social benefits including Obamacare so expect more of the same. And let your elderly suffer for it.

Yup after Reagan gave his corporate buddies what they wanted, the democrats figured out how to make it benefit them instead. Thank Ronny for getting it all going

Matty
10-17-2015, 09:15 AM
Biggest mistake he ever made but HE MADE IT and left the border wide open after it. Cant get away from the fact that Reagan was the catalyst of our immigration problem because corporate america wanted cheap labor. He gave illegal immigrants the incentive to run across the border in larger numbers

I am not arguing that point. I brought it up. Both parties are to blame. But, Obama hasn't closed the border has he? No?

Matty
10-17-2015, 09:16 AM
Low wages. High taxes. You brought them here now you gotta take care of them. Buying votes is expensive and your elderly will suffer for it.

Matty
10-17-2015, 09:20 AM
I keep hearing this excuse. About Obamacare, Romney did it first. About immigration, Reagan did it first. Don't democrats have any original thoughts? Or have they always been lemmings?

Truth Detector
10-17-2015, 09:23 AM
The right can thank Ronald Reagan who first championed Amnesty and Illegal immigration at the behest of corporate america who wanted cheap labor to force wages down.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2015/10/report-limitless-immigration-creating-permanent-democrat-majority

The amnesty legislation authored by DEMOCRATS was signed into law by Ronald Reagan on the PROMISE of immigration reform. Tipsy O'neil then reneged on his part of the deal in typical dishonest Democratic fashion.

I do wish you could get your facts straight rather than parrot the liberal lies you are gullibly fed.

Common
10-17-2015, 09:24 AM
I am not arguing that point. I brought it up. Both parties are to blame. But, Obama hasn't closed the border has he? No?

Obama became president 25yrs after Reagan there was alot of presidents in between that didnt shut the border also.

This isnt about trying to say the democrats arent to blame because now they certainly are ALONG with the republicans. What has the republican controlled congress done to close the border? one word answer NOTHING.

That doesnt take away from the fact Ronald Reagan was the catalyst for the problem we have today. When he gave amnesty and the border wasnt shut he EMPOWERED more illegals to run over the border.

Boris The Animal
10-17-2015, 09:27 AM
Obama became president 25yrs after Reagan there was alot of presidents in between that didnt shut the border also.

This isnt about trying to say the democrats arent to blame because now they certainly are ALONG with the republicans. What has the republican controlled congress done to close the border? one word answer NOTHING.

That doesnt take away from the fact Ronald Reagan was the catalyst for the problem we have today. When he gave amnesty and the border wasnt shut he EMPOWERED more illegals to run over the border.But this is exactly what Communist like you want. Zero Conservative representation in the US whatsoever.

Common
10-17-2015, 09:29 AM
The amnesty legislation authored by DEMOCRATS was signed into law by Ronald Reagan on the PROMISE of immigration reform. Tipsy O'neil then reneged on his part of the deal in typical dishonest Democratic fashion.

I do wish you could get your facts straight rather than parrot the liberal lies you are gullibly fed.

Wrong the bill was authored and pushed through congress by Alan Simpson R and Romano Mazzoli D. It was a bipartisan bill written at the behest of Reagan with his blessing.

Truth Detector
10-17-2015, 09:29 AM

That doesnt take away from the fact Ronald Reagan was the catalyst for the problem we have today. When he gave amnesty and the border wasnt shut he EMPOWERED more illegals to run over the border.

Using your lack of logic, Obama must be deep in the pockets of the big money corporations too.

But alas, that is a massive pile of leftist bile. We don't have an immigration problem because of a lack of laws, we have an immigration problem because liberal politicians continue to ignore and defy our immigration laws looking at the illegal Latino immigration as a deep well of potential future constituencies.

Matty
10-17-2015, 09:30 AM

The question was did Obama do it? All the others are history. Obama is the here and now. Now what if the Republican controlled congress passed legislation for that wall, for increased border patrol would Obama sign it?

Truth Detector
10-17-2015, 09:33 AM
Wrong the bill was authored and pushed through congress by Alan Simpson R and Romano Mazzoli D. It was a bipartisan bill written at the behest of Reagan with his blessing.

Wrong; the Democrats controlled the House and the Senate. It was a negotiated BI-PARTISAN deal that included a future promise to strengthen our laws to prevent future mass illegal entrants.

Presidents don't author bills; they work with House and Senate members abd lobby for them.

I always have to laugh at liberals who ignorantly prattle on about bi-partisanship, but then pretend it is now non-existent to engage in their massive fabrications and dimwitted talking points.

Truth Detector
10-17-2015, 09:34 AM
The question was did Obama do it? All the others are history. Obama is the here and now. Now what if the Republican controlled congress passed legislation for that wall, for increased border patrol would Obama sign it?

Obama must be blameless because BUSH did it too and he is the ONE dontchyaknow.

Yes, Liberals really are THAT dumb abd hypocrites.

Mister D
10-17-2015, 09:39 AM

You can thank Ted Kennedy who was instrumental in having our immigration laws changed in 1965.

Matty
10-17-2015, 09:45 AM
Dare I mention that not only has Obama failed to provide border security against illegals, but terrorists from the ME are crossing too.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/duncan-hunter-mexico-border/2014/10/10/id/600030/

that's a very high price to pay for votes.

donttread
10-17-2015, 11:24 AM

Illegal immigration equals votes for the dems and cheap labor for repub owning corporations which is why it ain't gonna change anytime soon

Truth Detector
10-17-2015, 11:29 AM
Illegal immigration equals votes for the dems and cheap labor for repub owning corporations which is why it ain't gonna change anytime soon

This is another of your laughably dumb and dimwitted claims; presuming that companies are Republican enterprises. It's hard to take such ignorant prattle serious.

But let's pretend for a moment that you have the slightest clue of what you are erupting about; how many white or black AmeriKans do you think we can get to do the dirty backbreaking work of picking strawberries, harvesting grapes or plucking the feathers off of chickens eight to ten hours a day?

donttread
10-17-2015, 11:49 AM
This is another of your laughably dumb and dimwitted claims; presuming that companies are Republican enterprises. It's hard to take such ignorant prattle serious.

But let's pretend for a moment that you have the slightest clue of what you are erupting about; how many white or black AmeriKans do you think we can get to do the dirty backbreaking work of picking strawberries, harvesting grapes or plucking the feathers off of chickens eight to ten hours a day?

You misunderstand , yet again, you have a real talent for that. I didn't say corporations were republican enterprises, I said republicans were corporate enterprises. Don't worry democrats are also to a large degree but often different types of corporations.
Anyway the food and hotel businesses rely in cheap illegal labor a lot. How would we get white and black Americans to do those jobs? By starting them young before they are too out of shape and paying them more

Truth Detector
10-17-2015, 11:54 AM
You misunderstand , yet again, you have a real talent for that. I didn't say corporations were republican enterprises, I said republicans were corporate enterprises.

....and you think this makes more sense?

Don't worry democrats are also to a large degree but often different types of corporations.

More incoherent ramblings; you're quite full of them.

Anyway the food and hotel businesses rely in cheap illegal labor a lot.

That wasn't the question was it? How many black or white AmeriKans are wiling to do this work?

How would we get white and black Americans to do those jobs?

That wasn't the question was it? Try to focus.

By starting them young before they are too out of shape and paying them more

My kids were never out of shape. What does their physical condition have to do with not wanting to do that type of work?

Serious question for you; how old are you? It will help me understand why you respond the way you do.

donttread
10-17-2015, 12:02 PM
....and you think this makes more sense?

More incoherent ramblings; you're quite full of them.

That wasn't the question was it? How many black or white AmeriKans are wiling to do this work?

That wasn't the question was it? Try to focus.

My kids were never out of shape. What does their physical condition have to do with not wanting to do that type of work?

Serious question for you; how old are you? It will help me understand why you respond the way you do.

Did you seriously just ask what physical condition has to do with being able to do tough manual labor? Only someone who has never done a days real labor could ask that question.

Truth Detector
10-17-2015, 01:20 PM
Did you seriously just ask what physical condition has to do with being able to do tough manual labor? Only someone who has never done a days real labor could ask that question.

No; what I was saying is that even in the BEST physical condition, blacks and whites would still choose to NOT do that work.

As for actually doing the work; yes I have picked harvested grapes and used a manual grape press to make wine so I know how hard that work is and why I would never do it for a living. I also can appreciate what Mexican labor does for our agricultural business; which is why I don't pretend that if they were suddenly prevented from getting here, whites and blacks would miraculously start doing the work or the equally stupid claim that companies are just looking for the cheapest labor. They still have to comply with State and Federal regulations and minimum wage laws. It isn’t CHEAPER.

So how old are you?

Mac-7
10-17-2015, 02:15 PM
Yup after Reagan gave his corporate buddies what they wanted, the democrats figured out how to make it benefit them instead. Thank Ronny for getting it all going

That's an ignorant thing to say

Reagan signed the amnesty bill but it was not an executive order

Congress passed the amnesty with the promise that we would never need to do it again

Reagan has been out of office since 1988 and it is the broken promises since then that has created the problem we have today

Mac-7
10-17-2015, 02:20 PM

Americans will never get in shape sitting on their butt drawing welfare and watching tv

End welfare and welfare bums will learn how to do the manual labor thing

donttread
10-17-2015, 07:38 PM
No; what I was saying is that even in the BEST physical condition, blacks and whites would still choose to NOT do that work.

As for actually doing the work; yes I have picked harvested grapes and used a manual grape press to make wine so I know how hard that work is and why I would never do it for a living. I also can appreciate what Mexican labor does for our agricultural business; which is why I don't pretend that if they were suddenly prevented from getting here, whites and blacks would miraculously start doing the work or the equally stupid claim that companies are just looking for the cheapest labor. They still have to comply with State and Federal regulations and minimum wage laws. It isn’t CHEAPER.

So how old are you?

So you think illegals earn minimum wage and are not cheaper to hire than citizens?

Don
10-17-2015, 07:44 PM

You are right. "Tipsy" also had a lot of help from "Splash" Kennedy. They pulled a "Lucy and Charlie Brown" on him. That was President Reagan's mistake.

Adelaide
10-18-2015, 09:38 AM
I don't think immigrants are automatic votes for Democrats. A lot of immigrants from places like Latin America and Mexico are fairly religious and conservative with family values. The problem seems to be that Republicans can never seem to say the right things to attract their votes. In fact, Republicans tend to make very inflammatory statements that alienate that voting group.