PDA

View Full Version : Liberals - The Herd of Independent Minds

Agravan
08-22-2012, 09:22 AM
...Liberal intellectuals like to pose as bearers of the culture of reason, as fiercely independent thinkers. But they are kidding themselves. They have traded their intellectual primogeniture for the mess of pottage of group identity. They are fully integrated into the socially and politically dominant tribe, sharing the same visceral likes and dislikes, the same shaming code. Rather than being autonomous rational actors, they are merely an assemblage of cipher units marching in lock step to the tribal drumbeat. Harold Rosenberg mordantly branded them the herd of independent minds.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/08/the_herd_of_independent_minds.html#ixzz24Hho14ou

I have noticed this of many liberal acquaintances (it's not possible for a conservative to have a true liberal friend). The liberal is always harping on their "independent thinking" when, in reality, they mirror each others thoughts and actions and adjust their thinking to whatever their party currently tells them to think.

Mainecoons
08-22-2012, 09:25 AM
They also like to harp on their alleged intellectual superiority and trot out bogus studies from leftist schools to support it.

:rofl:

I'm trying to figure out how immeshing one's identity in failed ideas is a sign of intellectual superiority. But I'm too dumb to do so, unfortunately. :grin:

patrickt
08-22-2012, 10:09 AM
My favorite memory of OWS was of a mob standing in front of the leader. The leader would speak and everyone in the mob would drone out a repitition of what the leader had said. This was called, "speaking with one voice." This is what is meant by liberal thought. Mindless preitition of what you're told is only for the brilliant like those on MSNBC. The intellectually inferior think of things to say. How tiresome.

Captain Obvious
08-22-2012, 03:41 PM
The EXACT thing can be said about institutionalized right-wingers. It's not a political ideology concept, groupthink is commonplace and, in my humble and virtually 100% accurate opinion, one of the most dangerous trait of common people.

It's the main reason, again in my opinion that we continuously vote the same douchebags into office yet we sit around and complain about how lousy a job they're doing.