PDA

View Full Version : I can't tell you how many times I wanted to do this ....

Cigar
10-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Plane Returns to LAX After Man Chokes Woman
A Southwest Airlines jetliner returned to the gate at Los Angeles International Airport on Sunday after one passenger choked another during an argument over a reclined seat, according to NBC News.
Airport police said San Francisco-bound Flight 2010 left the gate around 10:25 p.m. Sunday and returned half an hour later.

The pilot doubled back after a man began choking the woman sitting in front of him, who had reclined her seat, NBC News' Tom Costello reports.
"Evidently, we’ve got two passengers who are in a physical altercation, so we need to get turned around back to LAX," the pilot told air-traffic control in a radio transmission obtained by NBC News.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/Plane-Flight-Jet-Returns-Airport-LAX-Gate-After-Onboard-Disturbance-334069731.html

Tahuyaman
10-19-2015, 10:38 AM
So, you want to choke someone for reclining their seat a couple inches?

Common Sense
10-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Yeah, that's fucked Cigar.

Standing Wolf
10-19-2015, 10:42 AM
Give me somebody in front reclining all the way into my face, but spare me the Chatty Cathy behind me describing her entire life in detail to a total stranger, non-stop for six hours.

And some morons are actually advocating that people be allowed to use their cellphones inflight?

Crepitus
10-19-2015, 10:42 AM

Yeah, that's fucked Cigar.
Neither one of you fly often enough, and you both apparently have trouble recognizing hyperbole.

Common Sense
10-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Neither one of you fly often enough, and you both apparently have trouble recognizing hyperbole.

I fly quite a bit. It's still a fucked up thing to say. I don't think joking about chocking a woman is funny.

I'm always reminded of Louis CK and his bit on flying and how we're such a bunch of cry babies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3dYS7PcAG4

Subdermal
10-19-2015, 10:52 AM
Odd.

Perhaps the guy should have forked over more money to sit in the proper seat by exit row - or bulkhead - or upgraded to first class. Fact is, if the seat can recline, the person sitting in it has the right to do so, except during take off and landing when instructed to do otherwise.

But certain entitled posters think more about their inconveniences than other's rights or privileges.

Tahuyaman
10-19-2015, 10:53 AM

Yes, I only fly three or four times a year. The few inches the seats recline have never motivated an altercation on my part, nor have I ever witnessed one.

Cigar doesn't understand the meaning of the word hyperbole. He really meant what he posted.

Crepitus
10-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Yes, I only fly three or four times a year. The few inches the seats recline have never motivated an altercation on my part, nor have I ever witnessed one.

Cigar doesn't understand the meaning of the word hyperbole. He really meant what he posted.
I have seen altercations over it, I think your comment about Cigar is just more hyperbole.

Subdermal
10-19-2015, 10:58 AM
Odd.

Perhaps the guy should have forked over more money to sit in the proper seat by exit row - or bulkhead - or upgraded to first class. Fact is, if the seat can recline, the person sitting in it has the right to do so, except during take off and landing when instructed to do otherwise.

But certain entitled posters think more about their inconveniences than other's rights or privileges.

...and this is a topic I know well, flying fairly frequently, and being cursed with long legs @ 6'-4".

Tahuyaman
10-19-2015, 10:59 AM
I have seen altercations over it,

I think your comment about Cigar is just more hyperbole.

I've flown quite a bit. I've never seen an altercation over it ever. In fact, I've never seen an altercation over anything in flight.

Also, your thought process is flawed.

silvereyes
10-19-2015, 12:06 PM
...and this is a topic I know well, flying fairly frequently, and being cursed with long legs @ 6'-4".
Wait, youre that tall? Hmmm, i can overlook dumbass if youre tall enough. Pun intended.
*Bats eyelashes*

Its hard for a tall gal to find a good tall guy. :)

silvereyes
10-19-2015, 12:08 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en-US&ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-att-aio-us&source=android-browser&q=Fights+in+flight+over+reclining+seats

Tahuyaman
10-19-2015, 12:14 PM
I've never had an issue with someone sitting in front of me, or behind me, but there are times the fat, smelly tub o shit sitting beside me is an issue.

Redrose
10-19-2015, 12:32 PM

A Southwest Airlines jetliner returned to the gate at Los Angeles International Airport on Sunday after one passenger choked another during an argument over a reclined seat, according to NBC News.
Airport police said San Francisco-bound Flight 2010 left the gate around 10:25 p.m. Sunday and returned half an hour later.

The pilot doubled back after a man began choking the woman sitting in front of him, who had reclined her seat, NBC News' Tom Costello reports.
"Evidently, we’ve got two passengers who are in a physical altercation, so we need to get turned around back to LAX," the pilot told air-traffic control in a radio transmission obtained by NBC News.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/Plane-Flight-Jet-Returns-Airport-LAX-Gate-After-Onboard-Disturbance-334069731.html

He he needs to be in jail. He bought one seat. What a jerk.

Adelaide
10-19-2015, 12:44 PM
I recently flew first class for quite a long haul and the guys across the row (we were in pods) got ridiculously drunk. I turned my seat into the bed and went to sleep and the guy across actually took my glass of Chardonnay after the flight crew cut him off. Un-fucking-believable. They were also sexually harassing our flight attendant, but she took it like a champ. She didn't snap, which I may have if I were in her shoes. But I figure that must happen fairly often since you can basically drink as much as you want.

People on planes can be really fucking irritating, but there's no excuse for violence. You need to exercise patience and self-control.

Peter1469
10-19-2015, 12:50 PM

I have long legs. If in economy class nobody can recline on me without my knee in their back. It works well for me. Although I rarely fly economy.

Peter1469
10-19-2015, 12:51 PM
Give me somebody in front reclining all the way into my face, but spare me the Chatty Cathy behind me describing her entire life in detail to a total stranger, non-stop for six hours.

And some morons are actually advocating that people be allowed to use their cellphones inflight?

That would be a disaster!

Peter1469
10-19-2015, 12:53 PM
I recently flew first class for quite a long haul and the guys across the row (we were in pods) got ridiculously drunk. I turned my seat into the bed and went to sleep and the guy across actually took my glass of Chardonnay after the flight crew cut him off. Un-fucking-believable. They were also sexually harassing our flight attendant, but she took it like a champ. She didn't snap, which I may have if I were in her shoes. But I figure that must happen fairly often since you can basically drink as much as you want.

People on planes can be really fucking irritating, but there's no excuse for violence. You need to exercise patience and self-control.

At least you were not in coach. Enjoy the trip?

Tahuyaman
10-19-2015, 12:55 PM
I recently flew first class for quite a long haul and the guys across the row (we were in pods) got ridiculously drunk. I turned my seat into the bed and went to sleep and the guy across actually took my glass of Chardonnay after the flight crew cut him off. Un-$#@!ing-believable. They were also sexually harassing our flight attendant, but she took it like a champ. She didn't snap, which I may have if I were in her shoes. But I figure that must happen fairly often since you can basically drink as much as you want.

People on planes can be really $#@!ing irritating, but there's no excuse for violence. You need to exercise patience and self-control.

there's the problem. You were drinking a chardonnay.

Adelaide
10-19-2015, 12:59 PM
there's the problem. You were drinking a chardonnay.

It's what was suggested to go with my swordfish appetizer (blah) and chicken dinner. I usually only drink reds but figured I should go with what was recommended.

HoneyBadger
10-19-2015, 01:40 PM
I don't fly unless I'm going somewhere that isn't accessible by automobile. I'd rather spend a day and a half (with one overnight stop) driving a big, comfortable SUV than spend 4 hours crammed into a sardine can with the unwashed masses.

Cigar
10-19-2015, 01:51 PM

Are you 6'2" ?

Tahuyaman
10-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Are you 6'2" ?

No, 6 feet even. I'm not a fat tub o shit either.

Peter1469
10-19-2015, 02:15 PM
It's what was suggested to go with my swordfish appetizer (blah) and chicken dinner. I usually only drink reds but figured I should go with what was recommended.

I hear smoked swordfish is very good.

Tahuyaman
10-19-2015, 02:17 PM
I hear smoked swordfish is very good.

Once its smoked, it probably meshes better with a red wine, maybe a nice merlot?

nic34
10-19-2015, 02:18 PM
He he needs to be in jail. He bought one seat. What a jerk.

In case you didn't know, the jails are already full.....

Peter1469
10-19-2015, 02:24 PM
Once its smoked, it probably meshes better with a red wine, maybe a nice merlot?

I was thinking scotch.

Tahuyaman
10-19-2015, 02:29 PM
I was thinking scotch.

I don't think scotch would pair well with smoked swordfish.

Peter1469
10-19-2015, 02:32 PM

Maybe it is just me.

Crepitus
10-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Scotch goes with everything.

J/K:grin:

HoneyBadger
10-19-2015, 05:45 PM

Then get rid of the swordfish.

Tahuyaman
10-19-2015, 07:27 PM
Then get rid of the swordfish.

I'm an Irish whiskey fan myself.

Redrose
10-19-2015, 09:16 PM
I've never had an issue with someone sitting in front of me, or behind me, but there are times the fat, smelly tub o shit sitting beside me is an issue.

The hacking, coughing, sneezing stinky slob sitting in the aisle seat on a Fla. to NY flight was unbearable. I was the window seat with an empty seat between us. I ordered a drink and as the stewardess tried to hand me the plastic glass, he grabbed it to pass it to me wirth his hand cupping the rim. The stewardess looked annoyed at him and saw my disgust, and took it back from him. She saw him coughing and sneezing into his hands and wiping his hands on his sleeve moments earlier. She got me a new glass and leaned over him to hand it to me. I hate flying.

Captain Obvious
10-19-2015, 09:20 PM

I think he just wants to choke a woman

Tahuyaman
10-19-2015, 10:30 PM
I think he just wants to choke a woman

Choking them out is the only way he can get what he wants from them.

Crepitus
10-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Choking them out is the only way he can get what he wants from them.
Some women dig that stuff. Years ago I had a girl that would choke herself, wanted me to do it for her but just want my thing.

Tahuyaman
10-20-2015, 08:54 AM
Some women dig that stuff. Years ago I had a girl that would choke herself, wanted me to do it for her but just want my thing.

Keep telling yourself that. Ok.

Crepitus
10-20-2015, 10:35 AM
Keep telling yourself that. Ok.
Wow Dude, those correspondence courses in "asshole" are really starting to pay off!

LISTEN UP! Just because your boring vanilla conservative ass has never had sex in anything but the missionary position (if you have had sex at all that is), thinks a blow job is something your stylist does to your hair, and that the reverse cowgirl position actually requires jeans, a saddle and a horse does not mean you get to look down on people who choose to be a little more adventurous!

I swear some of you guys are so wound up you squeak when you walk.

Tahuyaman
10-20-2015, 05:59 PM
Wow Dude, those correspondence courses in "$#@!" are really starting to pay off!

LISTEN UP! Just because your boring vanilla conservative ass has never had sex in anything but the missionary position (if you have had sex at all that is), thinks a blow job is something your stylist does to your hair, and that the reverse cowgirl position actually requires jeans, a saddle and a horse does not mean you get to look down on people who choose to be a little more adventurous!

I swear some of you guys are so wound up you squeak when you walk.

Like I said, keep telling yourself that stupid shit.