PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Republicans Left Dazed As Obama Cuts Bush’s Deficit By $1 Trillion

Cigar
10-19-2015, 10:21 AM
When conservatives want to scare people into thinking we can’t afford basic social programs, there’s one thing they love to harp on: the public deficit. How can we guarantee healthcare to the people when we have so much debt?, they argue. But while that reasoning may be compelling to those whose worldview is filtered through a Fox News lens, Obama’s presidency has proven that bigger government does not mean bigger deficit – although no Republican will admit it, the public deficit has in fact shrunk by $1 trillion under Obama’s leadership, while at the same time programs like healthcare and education have expanded.

The Treasury Department reports that the fiscal year that ended September 30th witnessed the lowest deficit of Obama’s presidency – $439 billion, which is nine percent lower than last year, and over a trillion dollars lower than the $1.4 trillion that we saw the year Obama took office. These figures strike a death blow to the kind of “austerity” policies that conservatives want to impose.

Despite this impressive achievement, it’s startling how ignorant the Republicans are about the deficit. In 2013, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) said, “What I would say is extreme is a trillion-dollar deficit every year.” What’s wrong with that statement? Well, the deficit in 2013 was well below $1 trillion.

http://www.msnbc.com/sites/msnbc/files/styles/embedded_image/public/10.15.15_0.jpg?itok=diS1IQOY

The Tea Party rose to power by stoking the public’s fears about a ballooning deficit, and they continue to ring the alarm despite the fact that this “balloon” is quickly running out of air. In March 2015, teaparty.org published an article claiming that “spending and deficits are back on upward trajectories,” being driven by “soaring entitlements such as Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.” Not only is it ridiculous to think of healthcare and basic retirement insurance as “entitlements” (people pay in to social security), the article reinforces the idea that the only way to way to keep the country afloat is by cutting all services to poor people, sick people, and the middle class.

Republicans have been having a field day with the spending proposals of Democratic presidential candidates like Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton. During this week’s debate, which focused on income inequality and education rather than xenophobia and fear-mongering, Republican candidate Mike Huckabee tweeted the “hilarious” remark: “I trust @BernieSanders with my tax dollars like I trust a North Korean chef with my labrador!” But while the Democrats are fully prepared to compensate for their spending by forcing rich corporations to pay their fair share of taxes, it’s actually the Republicans, with their massive tax cuts to the wealthy, who stand to drive the deficit up to untold heights.

More here: http://www.occupydemocrats.com/tea-party-republicans-left-dazed-as-obama-cuts-bushs-deficit-by-1-trillion/

On your mark, get set .... Deny!

Matty
10-19-2015, 10:38 AM
Occupy democrats. :rollseyes:

Ransom
10-19-2015, 10:47 AM
Why must we suffer idiots?

Subdermal
10-19-2015, 10:49 AM
The House controls the purse strings.

How it is, exactly, that the OP can attempt to claim that the Tea Party is 'stunned' when there are more Tea Party members in the Government Body which controls the spending more than any other entity? Wouldn't - by definition - the House be more culpable (or to credit) for what we spent - or didn't - than any other Branch?

The argument, however, is that the House didn't cut the purse strings enough.

Odd, these Democrats: in one thread bleating that we need to spend more, and in another thread, attempting to take credit - and impugn the opposition - when we don't.

Odd.

Cigar
10-19-2015, 11:00 AM

How it is, exactly, that the OP can attempt to claim that the Tea Party is 'stunned' when there are more Tea Party members in the Government Body which controls the spending more than any other entity? Wouldn't - by definition - the House be more culpable (or to credit) for what we spent - or didn't - than any other Branch?

Odd, these Democrats: in one thread bleating that we need to spend more, and in another thread, attempting to take credit - and impugn the opposition - when we don't.

Odd.

Looks like you want to have it both ways :laugh:

Subdermal
10-19-2015, 11:02 AM
Looks like you want to have it both ways :laugh:

How's that? This is why winning the House was so important.

Mac-7
10-19-2015, 11:03 AM
When conservatives want to scare people into thinking we can’t afford basic social programs, there’s one thing they love to harp on: the public deficit. How can we guarantee healthcare to the people when we have so much debt?, they argue. But while that reasoning may be compelling to those whose worldview is filtered through a Fox News lens, Obama’s presidency has proven that bigger government does not mean bigger deficit – although no Republican will admit it, the public deficit has in fact shrunk by $1 trillion under Obama’s leadership, while at the same time programs like healthcare and education have expanded.

The Treasury Department reports that the fiscal year that ended September 30th witnessed the lowest deficit of Obama’s presidency – $439 billion, which is nine percent lower than last year, and over a trillion dollars lower than the $1.4 trillion that we saw the year Obama took office. These figures strike a death blow to the kind of “austerity” policies that conservatives want to impose.

Despite this impressive achievement, it’s startling how ignorant the Republicans are about the deficit. In 2013, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) said, “What I would say is extreme is a trillion-dollar deficit every year.” What’s wrong with that statement? Well, the deficit in 2013 was well below $1 trillion.

http://www.msnbc.com/sites/msnbc/files/styles/embedded_image/public/10.15.15_0.jpg?itok=diS1IQOY

The Tea Party rose to power by stoking the public’s fears about a ballooning deficit, and they continue to ring the alarm despite the fact that this “balloon” is quickly running out of air. In March 2015, teaparty.org published an article claiming that “spending and deficits are back on upward trajectories,” being driven by “soaring entitlements such as Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.” Not only is it ridiculous to think of healthcare and basic retirement insurance as “entitlements” (people pay in to social security), the article reinforces the idea that the only way to way to keep the country afloat is by cutting all services to poor people, sick people, and the middle class.

Republicans have been having a field day with the spending proposals of Democratic presidential candidates like Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton. During this week’s debate, which focused on income inequality and education rather than xenophobia and fear-mongering, Republican candidate Mike Huckabee tweeted the “hilarious” remark: “I trust @BernieSanders with my tax dollars like I trust a North Korean chef with my labrador!” But while the Democrats are fully prepared to compensate for their spending by forcing rich corporations to pay their fair share of taxes, it’s actually the Republicans, with their massive tax cuts to the wealthy, who stand to drive the deficit up to untold heights.

More here: http://www.occupydemocrats.com/tea-party-republicans-left-dazed-as-obama-cuts-bushs-deficit-by-1-trillion/

all that liberal bullshit and only the last line is genuine Cigar bullshit?

We wuz robbed.

Anyway lib logic sure is funny

In their own words the Tea Party rises to power and the deficit goes down

But Obama zombies want to credit their Dear Fuher for that?

Ha!

Truth Detector
10-19-2015, 11:08 AM

Another liberal who doesn't comprehend the difference between deficit and debt.

But I'm amused by liberals who cheer a nearly half trillion dollar deficit when much smaller deficits under Bush and Republicans brought shrill outrage.

It's hard to imagine the incredible level of hutzpa it takes to bloviate with such glaring hypocrisy.

Nothing more laughable and ironic than a deficit hawk liberal.

Truth Detector
10-19-2015, 11:10 AM
Reading the bullcrap and misplaced bravado of this OP leaves anyone with a shred of intelligence dazed.

donttread
10-19-2015, 11:46 AM

When your supporters have to brag about "only " overspending by half a trillion you have already failed

valley ranch
10-19-2015, 12:00 PM
It is our own fault we have a Marxist Muslim in the White House. It's a waste of time arguing how much damage he's done or if another politician is bad as well. We could have someone harmful running, from both parties.

While we've never, to my knowledge, been faced with anyone who hated the American people and our way of life as Obum, don't be too sure the damage he's done won't be continued by the next in line, once he's gone.

Much of the time our difference of opinion is with persons who aren't dumb as they seem, they just don't like us and credit their parents with our way of thinking or are themselves the leaches we want off our backs. There is no argument, they like what this fool has done. This pusht, refers to: "Obama's leadership" there's nothing more to say. You can't reason someone in that camp.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope and pray we get the opportunity to vote for a candidate who will pull the government out of the gutter, close the border and bring industry back here.

Who will the Republicans put forward? We can't expect anything in from the Democrat side worth a pinch.

domer76
10-19-2015, 12:06 PM
It is our own fault we have a Marxist Muslim in the White House. It's a waste of time arguing how much damage he's done or if another politician is bad as well. We could have someone harmful running, from both parties.

While we've never, to my knowledge, been faced with anyone who hated the American people and our way of life as Obum, don't be too sure the damage he's done won't be continued by the next in line, once he's gone.

Much of the time our difference of opinion is with persons who aren't dumb as they seem, they just don't like us and credit their parents with our way of thinking or are themselves the leaches we want off our backs. There is no argument, they like what this fool has done. This pusht, refers to: "Obama's leadership" there's nothing more to say. You can't reason someone in that camp.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope and pray we get the opportunity to vote for a candidate who will pull the government out of the gutter, close the border and bring industry back here.

Who will the Republicans put forward? We can't expect anything in from the Democrat side worth a pinch.

And one CAN reason with a person who refers the the President as a Muslim Marxist? The irony is thick!

birddog
10-19-2015, 12:13 PM
And one CAN reason with a person who refers the the President as a Muslim Marxist? The irony is thick!

If you were capable of learning the truth, reasoning would be easy!

Truth Detector
10-19-2015, 12:52 PM
When your supporters have to brag about "only " overspending by half a trillion you have already failed

You literally dropped a nuke on Liberals. Bravo!!

texan
10-19-2015, 01:13 PM
I am trying confirm this but it is not easy......................

Peter1469
10-19-2015, 01:48 PM
A half trillion deficit is criminal.

The current long term budget returns to ~$1T + deficits in a few years.

The US doesn't have a revenue problem. It has a spending problem.

texan
10-19-2015, 04:16 PM
There is something wrong with this report, I have followed links and it is really difficult to follow. If this is true why are these the only people reporting it?

texan
10-19-2015, 04:18 PM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jan/20/barack-obama/barack-obama-claims-deficit-has-decreased-two-thir/

As a reminder, don’t get the deficit twisted with the debt. They are only related, not the same.
The country’s annual deficit is the difference between what the government collects in revenues and spends in one year. The national debt, which exceeds $18 trillion (http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/debt/search?startMonth=01&startDay=20&startYear=2009&endMonth=01&endDay=14&endYear=2015), is the net of annual deficits minus any annual surpluses.
To back up his claim, Obama is comparing his first budget year in office -- 2009 -- to 2014.
The White House is breaking down the deficit as a percentage of Gross Domestic Product, or GDP, and not actual dollars. Economists told us this is a valid way of analyzing the deficit, because it factors in the economy’s change over time. The White House sent us this chart, which relies on data from the White House Office of Management and Budget.

In searching it outright I can only find this.........................Deficit vs. Debt shell game as usual. Of course if you end a bunch of military actions you can change some of the spending.

Once again

Impress me by getting into the real problem and knocking out some debt. Think about this like your home budget. You are 100K in debt and bringing in 50K in salary and spending 80K a year putting 30K on a credit card. You quit spending 5K and start bragging about it while your eating our every night.

zelmo1234
10-19-2015, 04:29 PM

Ok so we are back to the Democrats attributing 2009 to GWB. that is totally OK

But then it would be impossible to attribute 2001 to GWB as well or he would be responsible for 9 years budgets.

So either 2009 belongs to Obama, as every other president in the history of the country has been attributed to, and Obama has cut the last GEB year in half. NOW AS A DOWN SIDE this would mean that GEB did not inherit a surplus but a deficit from Clinton?

So Which one is it Democrats did Clinton leave Bush with a deficit, or has Obama best deficit been 50% more than GWB worst?

You can't have it both ways and people aren't stupid.

zelmo1234
10-19-2015, 04:32 PM
You really have to give Democrats and lot of credit, they introduce lies and the get proven to be false, but rather than give up on it, they wait for a few months and introduce the same lies again.

They keep telling those lies until someone believes it. It would not surprise me if GWB was the first president that has 9 budgets in the history books

domer76
10-19-2015, 04:59 PM
If you were capable of learning the truth, reasoning would be easy!

What? That he's a Muslim Marxist? Do you buy that bullshit? If so, you are as ignorant as the idiot that posted it.

domer76
10-19-2015, 05:02 PM
A half trillion deficit is criminal.

The current long term budget returns to ~$1T + deficits in a few years.

The US doesn't have a revenue problem. It has a spending problem.

I see your Republican House has lived up to all of their promises for action as soon as they were sworn in last January. Where the hell have you been? Look at all the wonderful things that they have accomplished!

Peter1469
10-19-2015, 05:07 PM
There is something wrong with this report, I have followed links and it is really difficult to follow. If this is true why are these the only people reporting it?

It is the "news" bucket carrying for Obama. There is nothing good about a ~$.5T deficit. It is criminal.

texan
10-20-2015, 10:53 AM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jan/20/barack-obama/barack-obama-claims-deficit-has-decreased-two-thir/

As a reminder, don’t get the deficit twisted with the debt. They are only related, not the same.
The country’s annual deficit is the difference between what the government collects in revenues and spends in one year. The national debt, which exceeds $18 trillion (http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/debt/search?startMonth=01&startDay=20&startYear=2009&endMonth=01&endDay=14&endYear=2015), is the net of annual deficits minus any annual surpluses.
To back up his claim, Obama is comparing his first budget year in office -- 2009 -- to 2014.
The White House is breaking down the deficit as a percentage of Gross Domestic Product, or GDP, and not actual dollars. Economists told us this is a valid way of analyzing the deficit, because it factors in the economy’s change over time. The White House sent us this chart, which relies on data from the White House Office of Management and Budget.

In searching it outright I can only find this.........................Deficit vs. Debt shell game as usual. Of course if you end a bunch of military actions you can change some of the spending.

Once again

Impress me by getting into the real problem and knocking out some debt. Think about this like your home budget. You are 100K in debt and bringing in 50K in salary and spending 80K a year putting 30K on a credit card. You quit spending 5K and start bragging about it while your eating our every night.

The facts are the facts as I have posted without contest.

Truth Detector
10-20-2015, 11:01 AM
I see your Republican House has lived up to all of their promises for action as soon as they were sworn in last January. Where the hell have you been? Look at all the wonderful things that they have accomplished!

Well, if you are from planet loony Liberal, you can always pretend that Dirty Harry Reid isn't filibustering, or threatening to, Republican legislation or that Obama doesn't have a veto pen.

In reality land, this is why we need a Republican President in 2016. It will end the malaise and the partisan buffoonery of the party of idiots.

Truth Detector
10-20-2015, 11:02 AM
It is the "news" bucket carrying for Obama. There is nothing good about a ~$.5T deficit. It is criminal.

It was not that long ago Democrats claimed that a $160 billion deficit was untenable.

Truth Detector
10-20-2015, 11:16 AM
The facts are the facts as I have posted without contest.

Thos aren't facts; it's a vast pile of hyperbolic bile.

Since Obama has been President, AND, with a Democratic majority in the House and Senate, his deficits have super exceeded any of those in modern history.

You can't put lipstick on this pig without looking painfully stupid.

Year.....Spending........Revenue...... Deficit
2009 = 2,104,989 == 3,517,677 = (1,412,688)
2010 = 2,162,706 == 3,457,079 = (1,294,373)
2011 = 2,303,466 == 3,603,059 = (1,299,593)
2012 = 2,450,164 == 3,537,127 = (1,086,963)
2014 = 2,775,103 == 3,454,605 = (679,502)
2015 = 3,033,600 == 3,518,200 = (484,600)
2016 = 3,248,700 == 3,687,600 = (438,900)
2017 = 3,810,779 == 4,268,606 = (457,827)

Obama; biggest deficits in the history of the USA projected to be $7.156 TRILLION.

birddog
10-20-2015, 11:17 AM
What? That he's a Muslim Marxist? Do you buy that bull$#@!? If so, you are as ignorant as the idiot that posted it.

I don't see any proof to the contrary! I am quite well informed by the way, ignorance is not my tendency.

HoneyBadger
10-20-2015, 11:22 AM

Which is why the deficit went up when the Democrats controlled the House and Senate; but don't expect any of the progressives to make that connection.

donttread
10-20-2015, 11:43 AM

Another example if what partisan politics has brainwashed their followers into believing are actual accomplishments . It goes something like this Yeah my guy sucks , he couldn't balance a budget of his life depended upon it . But , I support him and even brag about him because he sucks less than your guy.

Ransom
10-20-2015, 03:47 PM
www.usdebtclock.org (http://www.usdebtclock.org)

TrueBlue
10-20-2015, 04:13 PM

That is just truthfully beautiful! Truly Great! That wonderful piece deserves to be enshrined in the nation's capitol and in every state capitol as the treatise that everyone including Republicans and those leaning Republican should read each day from here on out and then Vote Democratic!

Bob
10-20-2015, 04:27 PM

Odd.

Since Obama is saving us so much money, why does he daily call for an increase in the debt limit? His entire presidency is one marked by non stop increases of the national debt.

They do some amazing math at the DNC.

Bob
10-20-2015, 04:40 PM

His father was a what? And he named his son with a what sort of name?

Surely when he wrote the book about his father, you don't see it as a revenge book.

Tahuyaman
10-20-2015, 10:36 PM
Since when is the president responsible for controlling the federal purse Strings?

Individual
10-20-2015, 11:18 PM
I wonder if we can attribute these deficits to either Bush or Obama. How much was already built-in to the budget when they took office? How much did either one push to expand our base spending?

I know Bush spent on the war and Obama spent trying to help people who lost their jobs when our factories left for China but are these things really the cause of the deficit? It's easy to point to them and try to blame them but I think the problem is our base spending is far too high. Our base spending is so high that it leaves nothing for us to spend in an emergency. In fact, our base spending is so high that we have multi-billion dollar deficits even in years when there is no emergency.

It's time to cut our base budget. But how do we do this? One side has no intentions of cutting anything. The other side will only cut programs that benefit areas where they lost the vote. And when they do make those cuts, they have a tendency to funnel the money into programs that benefit areas that did vote for them instead of just leaving the budget trimmed.

What do we do if there is an emergency? Should we listen to them scream at us about how we should learn to stand on our two feet? If our government cannot do anything for us in an emergency then what is the point of having a government? Is it just there so they can take our money, and our descendants money, and give it to their personal friends? Why can't they tell their friends to stand on their own two feet and leave the public money to help the public?

But it's not going to change. Quite frankly, there's no one we can trust. From the court room to the legislative floor to the chief office all anyone in our government can do is steal everything that isn't nailed down.

Tahuyaman
10-21-2015, 04:14 PM
Why do liberals think the president is in control of government spending?

zelmo1234
10-21-2015, 05:16 PM
That is just truthfully beautiful! Truly Great! That wonderful piece deserves to be enshrined in the nation's capitol and in every state capitol as the treatise that everyone including Republicans and those leaning Republican should read each day from here on out and then Vote Democratic!

What part of it is true?

Or are you saying that Bush inherited a deficit from Clinton?

Kurmugeon
10-22-2015, 11:35 AM
The OP Looks like a pack of bullshit and lies to me.

About like the promises made to sell Obama-care, which turned out to be deliberate, knowing, deceptive lies.

Are the OP claims straight from Grueber?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/charles-krauthammer-the-gruber-confession/2014/11/13/474595bc-6b6b-11e4-9fb4-a622dae742a2_story.html

Trick me with a lie once, shame on you, trick me with a financial lie twice, shame on me.

Have we had an independent audit on the Dems claims of the 1 Trillion deficit reduction? No? I thought not...

Kurmugeon
10-22-2015, 11:44 AM
After ObamaCare, nobody with a lick of common sense would believe a GD thing said by a Leftie.

-