PDA

View Full Version : tPF Ambassador Sought Security Increase

Matty
10-19-2015, 11:34 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/19/ambassador-sought-security-staffing-before-benghazi-attack-email-shows/?intcmp=hpbt1

But a congressional source said Patrick Kennedy, a deputy to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, turned down the request.
The cable sent under Stevens' electronic signature shows that he was advocating for additional security and warning that the set-up did not meet State Department standards, as conditions deteriorated in the run-up to the attack that killed Stevens and three other Americans.
Clinton, now a Democratic presidential candidate, is set to testify Thursday before the congressional Benghazi committee at a hearing where the State Department's security measures in Libya are likely to be a focal point.

Crepitus
10-19-2015, 11:59 AM
Possibly they had to say "no" because there wasn't any funding?

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/250237-gop-embassy-security-cuts-draw-democrats-scrutiny

Matty
10-19-2015, 12:03 PM

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/250237-gop-embassy-security-cuts-draw-democrats-scrutiny

The testimony given before congress by a Mrs. Lamb was that funding was not as issue.

valley ranch
10-19-2015, 12:11 PM
How can funding be an issue. That's a BS answer. We afford everything and anything, they throw our money at their least notion, but didn't have the $20 to save our employs.

But, you know what, that answer is good enough for her fans.

Cletus
10-19-2015, 12:36 PM

There was plenty of money available.

State was sitting on over 100 mil in unused funds. The "There was no funding available" nonsense is just that... nonsense.

Shortly before the attack on Benghazi, State spent 108,000 Dollars on a charging station for Chevrolet Volts. There was a lot of money available. Security in Benghazi just wasn't as high on the priority list as keeping their electric cars charged.

Cigar
10-19-2015, 01:50 PM
I'll hold off until the all the facts are in, then I'll see who will come back and apologize for overreacting.

nic34
10-19-2015, 01:53 PM
There was plenty of money available.

State was sitting on over 100 mil in unused funds. The "There was no funding available" nonsense is just that... nonsense.

Shortly before the attack on Benghazi, State spent 108,000 Dollars on a charging station for Chevrolet Volts. There was a lot of money available. Security in Benghazi just wasn't as high on the priority list as keeping their electric cars charged.

Shoulda spent it on cheeper Kia Volts...... ha ha

jimmyz
10-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Security is a side issue. The REAL reason for the cover-up is that Stevens was running guns out of Libya to the anti-Assad rebels in Syria under Obama/Hillary control. Assad paid the rebel's reps dealing with Stevens in Libya to betray Stevens and have him killed.

Peter1469
10-19-2015, 02:29 PM
Security is a side issue. The REAL reason for the cover-up is that Stevens was running guns out of Libya to the anti-Assad rebels in Syria under Obama/Hillary control. Assad paid the rebel's reps dealing with Stevens in Libya to betray Stevens and have him killed.

That is the first I have heard that theory.

I still wonder about the Turkish "diplomat" that had dinner with Stevens that evening. Diplomat was his cover. He was Turkish intel. The cordon around the consulate was set by the time the dinner was over. The Turkish spook left the consulate and was not molested by the Jihadists who surrounded the facility....

jimmyz
10-19-2015, 03:03 PM
That is the first I have heard that theory.

I still wonder about the Turkish "diplomat" that had dinner with Stevens that evening. Diplomat was his cover. He was Turkish intel. The cordon around the consulate was set by the time the dinner was over. The Turkish spook left the consulate and was not molested by the Jihadists who surrounded the facility....

Turkey was the jumping off spot for the arms. The Turks also want to ensure that no arms made their way to the Kurds. We drop ship those through Iraq.

Bob
10-19-2015, 03:21 PM
I'll hold off until the all the facts are in, then I'll see who will come back and apologize for overreacting.

Are you really willing to apologize?

What the heck, all it was, was 4 Americans getting killed in a country Obama overthrew with no protesting by Democrats. The old stories they told us about Saddam being vital did not apply to Gaddafi. Wonder why?