PDA

View Full Version : Two EMS Workers Attacked, Stabbed With Box Cutter In Detroit; Suspect On The Loose

Common
10-20-2015, 08:52 PM
If these attacks on Police and Paramedics and fire personel doesnt stop, there will be repercussions in response times and aggressiveness in responding. First responders who rush to help others are not going to unnecessarily risk their lives if this keeps up.

Officials say two paramedics are in serious condition after they were attacked and stabbed repeatedly while trying to help a woman on Detroit’s west side, and the suspect remains on the loose. The incident happened just after 12 a.m. Tuesday in the 3400 block of Third Street, in a neighborhood just east of the Lodge Freeway along Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
“It was a horrific scene,” said Fire Commissioner Eric Jones. “It was a stabbing and a slashing.”
The paramedics, identified as Alfredo Rojas and Kelly Adams, had been called to the area to treat a woman with an ankle injury when a man who was with the woman became “agitated” and attacked.
“They were together on the sidewalk when EMS arrived,” Jones told reporters. “The male subject was upset at the assessment of the EMTs so as they were treating her — I can’t get inside of his head, I don’t know what he was agitated about, but he was upset for some reason — and at some point during the encounter, he produced this weapon.”
The suspect first went for the Rojas, who has been working with the department for about two years. When Adams, a 13-year department veteran, stepped in to help her partner, the suspect turned his attention — and his weapon — to her.

Both paramedics were stabbed and slashed repeatedly before making it back to their vehicle. Adams then drove she and her partner to Detroit Receiving Hospital where both remain in serious condition.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/10/20/two-ems-workers-attacked-stabbed-with-box-cutter-in-detroit-suspect-on-the-loose/

Peter1469
10-20-2015, 08:56 PM
The Big D.

Cthulhu
10-21-2015, 12:38 AM
Arm EMS personnel.

Solved.

But my question is why wasn't the scene secured?

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

valley ranch
10-21-2015, 12:47 AM
That makes sense, he didn't like what he thought he heard, so he began sticking and stabbing. A South American, Guatemalan, that central America.
We were talking about ????? and he said: You don't understand, In your country you put up a sigh NO SPITTING and the you people don't spit. If they put up a sigh in my country the people spit on the sign.
I think I understand what he meant. They think and act a little different. Not wrong, just different than we do for their own reasons.

I'm a med Tech. The Techs could have been discussing and said something they thought obvious and this fellow became offended.

valley ranch
10-21-2015, 12:53 AM
I heard on the radio: Obama is thinking or planing to repopulate Detroit with Muslims. Another great idea by the Muslim in Chief.

valley ranch
10-21-2015, 01:00 AM
Just looked up Laura Ingraham because wasn't sure how to spell her name. She's not bad looking, never seen a picture of her before.

donttread
10-21-2015, 08:46 AM
If these attacks on Police and Paramedics and fire personel doesnt stop, there will be repercussions in response times and aggressiveness in responding. First responders who rush to help others are not going to unnecessarily risk their lives if this keeps up.

Officials say two paramedics are in serious condition after they were attacked and stabbed repeatedly while trying to help a woman on Detroit’s west side, and the suspect remains on the loose. The incident happened just after 12 a.m. Tuesday in the 3400 block of Third Street, in a neighborhood just east of the Lodge Freeway along Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
“It was a horrific scene,” said Fire Commissioner Eric Jones. “It was a stabbing and a slashing.”
The paramedics, identified as Alfredo Rojas and Kelly Adams, had been called to the area to treat a woman with an ankle injury when a man who was with the woman became “agitated” and attacked.
“They were together on the sidewalk when EMS arrived,” Jones told reporters. “The male subject was upset at the assessment of the EMTs so as they were treating her — I can’t get inside of his head, I don’t know what he was agitated about, but he was upset for some reason — and at some point during the encounter, he produced this weapon.”
The suspect first went for the Rojas, who has been working with the department for about two years. When Adams, a 13-year department veteran, stepped in to help her partner, the suspect turned his attention — and his weapon — to her.

Both paramedics were stabbed and slashed repeatedly before making it back to their vehicle. Adams then drove she and her partner to Detroit Receiving Hospital where both remain in serious condition.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/10/20/two-ems-workers-attacked-stabbed-with-box-cutter-in-detroit-suspect-on-the-loose/

First of all, around here if you hurt your ankle you have somebody drive you to the er. In fact, if it's not your right ankle you may very well drive yourself. Sounds like a waste of EMS time from the start. Second, arm EMS. Then they could of treated a gun shot wound , which is at least worthy of their skills. Problem solved.

Truth Detector
10-21-2015, 08:53 AM
Black lives matter! Welcome to the Democratically controlled urban sewer of Detroit; AmeriKas future with Democrats at the helm.

Common
10-21-2015, 08:56 AM
Black lives matter! Welcome to the Democratically controlled urban sewer of Detroit; AmeriKas future with Democrats at the helm.

Thats what you got out of 2 EMTS stabbed while trying to help someone?

Safety
10-21-2015, 08:59 AM

Did you truly expect anything else?

Truth Detector
10-21-2015, 09:01 AM

Did you truly expect anything else?

Do either of you think stories like this regarding Detroit are unique?

You have to be living in caves to think that. You both might want to do some research about fire and police response times in Detroit before you emotionally erupt.

Safety
10-21-2015, 09:04 AM

You have to be living in caves to think that. You both might want to do some research about fire and police response times in Detroit before you emotionally erupt.

That's nice, dear.

Truth Detector
10-21-2015, 09:14 AM
That's nice, dear.

No, it's actually quite sad how Detroit went from one of our most populous and successful cities to the Liberal controlled urban sewer it is today in a few decades.

Common
10-21-2015, 09:19 AM

I think the stories you make up had to come from you living in a cave too long.

The nonesense you wrote had nothing to do with the event

donttread
10-21-2015, 09:20 AM

All large inner cities are sewers. Did no one else here ever read about the over populated rat experiments?

Ravens Fan
10-21-2015, 09:26 AM
Arm EMS personnel.

Solved.

But my question is why wasn't the scene secured?

The first rule of EMS is "Do no harm". Carrying guns on the ambulance goes directly against that. In most cases, when there is domestic violence involved, EMS personnel will not even show on scene until the cops have secured it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Common Sense
10-21-2015, 09:29 AM
The first rule of EMS is "Do no harm". Carrying guns on the ambulance goes directly against that. In most cases, when there is domestic violence involved, EMS personnel will not even show on scene until the cops have secured it.

Not to mention the fact that while they are busy saving someone's life, their weapon could be taken and used against them.

It's a ridiculous idea.

Cthulhu
10-21-2015, 07:40 PM

Medics and corpsmen carry weapons.

Common
10-21-2015, 08:09 PM
Medics and corpsmen carry weapons.

Youre not really trying to compare corpsman in a combat setting with civilian emts are you.

Cthulhu
10-21-2015, 09:33 PM
Youre not really trying to compare corpsman in a combat setting with civilian emts are you.
Stabbing is an act of combat is it not?

Why should someone be defenseless at his place of work?