PDA

View Full Version : George W. Bush unleashes on Ted Cruz

Common
10-20-2015, 08:56 PM
'I just don't like that guy,' the former president tells donors

Inside a sleek Denver condominium, George W. Bush let a hundred donors to his brother’s campaign in on a secret. Of all the rival Republican candidates, there is one who gets under the former president’s skin, whom he views as perhaps Jeb Bush’s most serious rival for the party’s nomination.
It isn’t Donald Trump, whose withering insults have sought to make Jeb pay a political price for his brother’s presidency. It isn’t Marco Rubio, Jeb’s former understudy who now poses a serious threat to his establishment support.

“I just don’t like the guy,” Bush said Sunday night, according to conversations with more than half a dozen donors who attended the event.
One donor in the room said the former president had been offering mostly anodyne accounts of how the Bush family network views the current campaign and charming off-the-cuff jokes, until he launched into Cruz.
“I was like, ‘Holy sh-t, did he just say that?’” the donor said. “I remember looking around and seeing that other people were also looking around surprised.”

http://thepoliticalforums.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=8

exotix
10-20-2015, 10:04 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/52297-Dubya-bashes-Cruz

Tahuyaman
10-20-2015, 10:25 PM
Dubya doesn't like Ted Cruz. So what?

Dr. Who
10-20-2015, 10:49 PM
There is something a bit offputting about his personality.

valley ranch
10-20-2015, 10:51 PM
Homini mulieris Uggel

Yep, that what I think, so what. I'm not crazy about ether one. I'll vote for Trump.

Tahuyaman
10-20-2015, 10:51 PM
Again, so what? Don't support him.

Mac-7
10-20-2015, 11:17 PM

Cruz is a conservative Christian.

I'm sure a lot of libs do not like him.

Dr. Who
10-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Cruz is a conservative Christian.

I'm sure a lot of libs do not like him.
Meh, so is Marco Rubio, but I don't dislike his personality. Cruz is a bit creepy. This is not a political comment. I don't agree politically with either of them, but Rubio has a better personality and he comes across with more sincerity. I look at people's eyes and I don't like what I see in Cruz's eyes and his personality matches the eyes. Even if he were a lefty, I wouldn't like him, regardless of what he said. He's what I would characterize as an opportunist.

BTW Trump has the eyes of a psychopath and by that I don't mean that he looks insane. I mean his eyes are dead - cold and calculating. I study people's faces - perhaps because I've drawn so many. It's not often that I see people whom I would characterize as psychopaths, but when I do - especially when I meet them in person, the hair stands up on the back of my neck. I've learned not to discount that reaction.

Mac-7
10-21-2015, 03:21 AM
Meh, so is Marco Rubio, but I don't dislike his personality. Cruz is a bit creepy. This is not a political comment. I don't agree politically with either of them, but Rubio has a better personality and he comes across with more sincerity. I look at people's eyes and I don't like what I see in Cruz's eyes and his personality matches the eyes. Even if he were a lefty, I wouldn't like him, regardless of what he said. He's what I would characterize as an opportunist.

BTW Trump has the eyes of a psychopath and by that I don't mean that he looks insane. I mean his eyes are dead - cold and calculating. I study people's faces - perhaps because I've drawn so many. It's not often that I see people whom I would characterize as psychopaths, but when I do - especially when I meet them in person, the hair stands up on the back of my neck. I've learned not to discount that reaction.

No one takes Rubio's conservatism and Christian faith seriously the way they do Cruz.

So rather than being more sincere as you claim libs know Rubio is just playing to his base and he is more willing to compromise his declared principles if necessary.

So now you gaze into your crystal ball and it tells you Trump is insane.

What does it say about Hillary?

Or the dream candidate of the left, bernie sanders?

AeonPax
10-21-2015, 03:28 AM
`
In summation; A Murderer Doesn't Like a Charlatan.......in other news tonight, cat lost in Cudahy, WI.....

Mac-7
10-21-2015, 03:31 AM
`
In summation; A Murderer Doesn't Like a Charlatan.......in other news tonight, cat lost in Cudahy, WI.....

In many ways w bush is a fool but hes not a murderer.

Tahuyaman
10-21-2015, 08:27 AM

I can can understand why someone wouldn't like Cruz, but it's not a big deal to me.

donttread
10-21-2015, 08:32 AM

I don't like either of them

Truth Detector
10-21-2015, 08:44 AM
'I just don't like that guy,' the former president tells donors

Inside a sleek Denver condominium, George W. Bush let a hundred donors to his brother’s campaign in on a secret. Of all the rival Republican candidates, there is one who gets under the former president’s skin, whom he views as perhaps Jeb Bush’s most serious rival for the party’s nomination.

It isn’t Donald Trump, whose withering insults have sought to make Jeb pay a political price for his brother’s presidency. It isn’t Marco Rubio, Jeb’s former understudy who now poses a serious threat to his establishment support.

“I just don’t like the guy,” Bush said Sunday night, according to conversations with more than half a dozen donors who attended the event.

One donor in the room said the former president had been offering mostly anodyne accounts of how the Bush family network views the current campaign and charming off-the-cuff jokes, until he launched into Cruz.

“I was like, ‘Holy sh-t, did he just say that?’” the donor said. “I remember looking around and seeing that other people were also looking around surprised.”

http://thepoliticalforums.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=8

What a pile of anecdotal bile.

Key words to look for when a story is full of crap; when anonymous sources are quoted.

One donor in the room said the former president had been offering

"I was like, ‘Holy sh-t, did he just say that?’” the donor said.

Dumb; this should be reported as the "Holy sh-t" story.