PDA

View Full Version : The latest University of Colorado poll on the presidential election

pjohns
08-23-2012, 12:07 AM
A recent University of Colorado poll indicates that Mitt Romney should receive almost 53 percent of the popular vote, and a total of 320 electoral votes--50 more electoral votes than are needed for victory--if historical precedent holds true: http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/08/22/university-of-colorado-analysis-predicts-that-romney-will-win-election/

It will be interesting to see of this actually occurs...

wingrider
08-23-2012, 12:20 AM
leave it to Colorado to lead the way... this is good news, and flies in the face of current pundit talking points on the election.. I think Romney will win the Election unless he shoots his own foot off between now and nov. I don't think he will win by the margin presented here but He will win,

roadmaster
08-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Well he is sure not popular in NC anymore with 9.6% unemployment. Most likely be higher the next two months with talks of lay-offs in some big companies and a few thinking of closing it's doors.

pjohns
08-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Well he is sure not popular in NC anymore with 9.6% unemployment. Most likely be higher the next two months with talks of lay-offs in some big companies and a few thinking of closing it's doors.

I am guessing that Gov. Romney will carry The Tar Heel State by about five or six percentage points.

The fact that some electoral maps continue to list North Carolina as a "tossup" state is simply astounding to me...

patrickt
08-27-2012, 05:29 AM
What amazes me is that the University of Colorado, in Boulder, Colorado, prides itself on being farther to the left than Harvard. UC is the home of Prof. Churchill, fake Indian, and the University of Colorado deserves him. I'm shocked this came out of the University of Colorado. Boulder, Colorado, also prides itself on the title Berkeley East.

And, this finding came from some scholarly study and not a poll. I don't know if that makes it more or less reliable.

Trinnity
08-27-2012, 06:18 AM
Well he is sure not popular in NC anymore with 9.6% unemployment. Most likely be higher the next two months with talks of lay-offs in some big companies and a few thinking of closing it's doors.Ya got that right. He won't take NC. He will likely carry the district
(my congressman is the nauseating GK Butterfield (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._K._Butterfield) <puke> ) I'm in because the moron vote will be high here, but carry the state? No.

I've been saying for a good 2 years now, the public perception of Obama's popularity is artificially high, promulgated by a fawning liberal press. I maintain that position. They press has failed support what I see and a not so hidden seething anger at this man. This country is suffering because of him, and payback is coming. :evilgrin:

From the cited article:

[The study] predicts Governor Romney will win 52.9 percent of the popular vote and about 320 electoral votes. The study has President Obama losing almost all of the so-called swing states, and predicts that he will finish with only 218 electoral college votes and 47 percent of the popular vote.

The spread is also interesting to me because I said (elsewhere) in a thread poll I set up that Romney will win by 5. I really don't think it'll be close. People are pissssssssed.