PDA

View Full Version : What a difference one TV interview can make.

Cigar
08-23-2012, 01:39 PM
What a difference one TV interview can make. Embattled Democratic incumbent Claire McCaskill has now jumped to a 10-point lead over her Republican challenger, Congressman Todd Akin, in Missouri’s U.S. Senate race. Most Missouri Republicans want Akin to quit the race while most Missouri Democrats want him to stay.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in the Show Me State finds McCaskill earning 48% support to Akin’s 38%. Nine percent (9%) like some other candidate in the race, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_senate_elections/missouri/election_2012_missouri_senate

... and we all know how friendly Rasmussen polls tend to be towards Democrats :)

So if they're showing a 10 point deficit for Akin ... you can kiss that Senate seat goodby baby.

URF8
08-23-2012, 01:55 PM
The media is in the pocket of the left. The only effective way to deal with the left is to destroy the existing political order in this country. That's going to cause mass suffering. But no pain, no gain.

Deadwood
08-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Holy shit.....there is no nit too small to pick.

URF8
08-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Holy shit.....there is no nit too small to pick.

The division in America today is reminescent of the 1850s. There won't be civil war. But the existing political order can't survive political paralysis. The system will come apart at the seams.

Cigar
08-23-2012, 02:03 PM
The media is in the pocket of the left. The only effective way to deal with the left is to destroy the existing political order in this country. That's going to cause mass suffering. But no pain, no gain.

WTF ... it was Todd Akin that went on TV and broadcasted this policy and way of thinking.

The media just broadcasted his message.

URF8
08-23-2012, 02:09 PM
WTF ... it was Todd Akin that went on TV and broadcasted this policy and way of thinking.

The media just broadcasted his message.

I deplore Akin's views. But with the economy sputtering, America in retreat world wide, Americans fighting in Afghanistan for nothing more than saving their lives, race relations deteriorating with a vengeance, etc., I don't think Akin's views should be the focus of a national debate.

But your side seeks partisan political advantage by focusing on Akin. That tells me that power is the only thing that is important to your side. My response is to escalate the struggle by seeking the destruction of the very political system that allows your side to do so. Death to existing order.

Cigar
08-23-2012, 02:38 PM
I deplore Akin's views. But with the economy sputtering, America in retreat world wide, Americans fighting in Afghanistan for nothing more than saving their lives, race relations deteriorating with a vengeance, etc., I don't think Akin's views should be the focus of a national debate.

But your side seeks partisan political advantage by focusing on Akin. That tells me that power is the only thing that is important to your side. My response is to escalate the struggle by seeking the destruction of the very political system that allows your side to do so. Death to existing order.

So why the hell wasn't Todd Akin talking about that?

Look at the GOP Voting and Bill passing record over the last 3 years and you'll see what's important to them.

Agravan
08-23-2012, 02:53 PM

Look at the GOP Voting and Bill passing record over the last 3 years and you'll see what's important to them.

Look at the Dem Senate voting and GOP job bills they have blocked and you will see what is important to them also.

URF8
08-23-2012, 03:40 PM

I don't care about Akin or Republicans. I care about the destruction of Post Modern Liberal philosophy. Don't play checkers when the game is chess.

You want to save the established political order. I want it dead. You need my cooperation to save the established political order. That being the case how likely do you think it is that your objective will be accomplished?

I am not trying to build anything...you are. Building something is very difficult. Causing something to fail is comparatively easy. The forces of history are on my side. You rage against the tide of history. There is only one way this is going to turn out. Your side fails. That's all that now matters.