PDA

View Full Version : Entry nomination thread for polls: Trump, Sanders, etc.: who should their VP be?

OGIS
10-25-2015, 03:28 PM
This thread is mainly about Trump and Sanders, but it can include any of the Presidential candidates. For your choice of candidate(s), answer the following questions:

(1) Who should the person select as their VP for them to get elected (i.e.: what VP choice would best help their winning the White House).

(2) Why?

(3) Who should the person select as their VP for effective functioning if elected (i.e.: what VP choice will best complement their own personal and political style, and bring special competencies to the table).

(4) Why?

When this thread shows signs of petering out I will collect all the responses and group them by Presidential candidate. I will then start another thread for each candidate and have each thread have an anonymous poll with each VP candidate listed.

Trolls: I have specified this thread as a tPFD thread. Unless you amuse me sufficiently, I will ban you from the thread, exclude your candidates (if any), and proactively ban you from the poll threads.

OGIS
10-25-2015, 03:39 PM
I'll start:

Bernie Sanders

1) Electability: Joe Biden
2) Why: because he's Joe Biden; people feel comfortable with him.
3) Competency: Elizabeth Warren
4) Why: She's somewhat of a policy wonk and can ramrod stuff that needs to be done.

Proviso: above depending on who the Republicans nominate.

Donald Trump

1) Electability: any hard-headed Black or Hispanic conservative with successful business background; OR Jim Webb.
2) Why: offset perceived weaknesses; reach across aisle and grab Democrat votes.
3) Competency: any hard-headed Black or Hispanic conservative with successful business background; OR Jim Webb.
4) Why: needs a policy wonk and can ramrod stuff that needs to be done.