PDA

View Full Version : Human DNA Found In Hot Dogs

Common
10-26-2015, 08:06 AM
This is some seriously disgusting stuff.
Corporate america which is the food industry too lies to us everyday of our lives for profit.
I dont pay one bit of attention to republicans who whine we need less regulation. That would be a death sentence

Even if you go vegan you dont know if what you are eating is truly vegan. The vegetables we eat today cause salmonella at greater rates than ever before and produce comes from other countries and we dont know what pesticides they use because their laws are less strict or dont exist.

WE MUST bring corporate america to task over our food and FORCE them to do the right thing. THEY WILL NOT on their own.

Clear Food, a subsidiary of food analyzation startup Clear Labs, found that human DNA is present in 2 percent of hot dog and sausage brands, according to a recent study (http://www.clearfood.com/food_reports/2015/the_hotdog_report).
The study also found that two thirds of the samples containing human DNA were advertised as vegetarian and almost 15 percent of products examined contained ingredients that differed from those included on the label.
“The food industry has been a black box for too long. Food consumers have to trust that food labels are accurate, but that isn’t always the case,” said Sasan Amini, Clear Labs CEO and co-founder, in a press release (http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/10/prweb13037005.htm). “We’ve found a 10-15 percent rate of discrepancy between labeled ingredients and actual ingredients across our internal tests to date.”
The Clear Food study collected 345 samples of hot dogs and sausages — veggie dogs, sausages, and old-fashioned, all-beef hot dogs — from 75 different brands at 10 different retailers, according to their statement. They found that 14.4 percent of the samples were problematic in some way, due to ingredient substitution, addition, or hygienic issues.
“Substitution occurs when ingredients are added that do not show up on the label. Hygienic issues occur when some sort of non-harmful contaminant is introduced to the hot dog, in most cases, human DNA,” said Clear Food in their study.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/25/human-dna-found-in-hot-dogs-study-says/

nathanbforrest45
10-26-2015, 08:22 AM
Oh my god

we are eating each other

soylent HOTDOGS is us!!!

Matty
10-26-2015, 08:25 AM
I started thinking about this. Since humans handle food from farm, to slaughter house to the market and grocery why wouldn't you find human DNA in the food?

Common
10-26-2015, 08:28 AM
You can have mine Twenty Six

nathanbforrest45
10-26-2015, 08:28 AM
What percentage of the major hot dog manufactures sell vegetarian hot dogs?

nathanbforrest45
10-26-2015, 08:30 AM
I started thinking about this. Since humans handle food from farm, to slaughter house to the market and grocery why wouldn't you find human DNA in the food?

Are you kidding? It has to be some nefarious plot by Big Hot Dog to chop up illegal aliens and sell them to us. Like "Eating Raoul"

Matty
10-26-2015, 08:33 AM
You can have mine Twenty Six

Are you giving up your sausages? Has having human DNA in your food hurt you thus far? I's rather have a little human DNA than cockroach DNA. Look at all the human DNA involved in throwing that pizza dough around.

Matty
10-26-2015, 08:34 AM
Are you kidding? It has to be some nefarious plot by Big Hot Dog to chop up illegal aliens and sell them to us. Like "Eating Raoul"

Oh, I wouldn't go that far.

Common
10-26-2015, 08:37 AM
What percentage of the major hot dog manufactures sell vegetarian hot dogs?

Your reading comprehension sucks

nathanbforrest45
10-26-2015, 09:19 AM
Your reading comprehension sucks

Really? I could have sworn the article stated that 2/3's of the issue was with vegetarian hot dogs. Since the overriding theme of all your post is how horrible corporate America is I was just wondering how many of the major processors marketed vegetarian or vegan hot dogs.

I have another question. Who the hell is Clear Foods or Clear Labs?

southwest88
10-26-2015, 10:37 AM

The key phrase is in the food.If the samples being examined were not taken from the surface of the food - & therefore away from casual contamination by handling - then there's more confidence in the testing results. It depends on the sample collection & testing protocols. For some items - apples, grapes - stuff with edible skins - you would want to take surface samples, both washed & unwashed - to see how much difference, if any, there is between the two states.

Other than maybe hamburger & bologna & hot dogs - it shouldn't be possible to have human DNA in prime cuts of meat, for instance. TMK, no one is doing recombinant DNA with livestock - I don't see what the point would be. Still, it wouldn't hurt anything to do the studies - the various state laws railroaded through by the Cattlemen's Associations & so on notwithstanding.

Crepitus
10-26-2015, 10:52 AM
http://newtaboo.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/soylent-green.jpg

Seriously though it's probably things like mucus and spittle from sneezes and coughs or possibly dead skin cells.

Of course it's always possible someone fell or got pushed into grinder.

Common Sense
10-26-2015, 10:56 AM
I always suspected that Hotdogs were made from whatever Hulk Hogan is made from.

nathanbforrest45
10-26-2015, 11:08 AM
I always suspected that Hotdogs were made from whatever Hulk Hogan is made from.

Fat?????

Truth Detector
10-26-2015, 11:09 AM
Someone seriously needs to find a job or hobby.

nathanbforrest45
10-26-2015, 12:12 PM
Someone seriously needs to find a job or hobby.

This is his hobby, attacking all of corporate America

HoneyBadger
10-26-2015, 12:45 PM
I have another question. Who the hell is Clear Foods or Clear Labs?

It's a new start up. They received 6.5 million in funding to start operations and opened a kickstarter campaign right before the hot dog report was released.

Subdermal
10-26-2015, 12:52 PM
Human DNA is also found in vaccines.

Captain Obvious
10-26-2015, 08:16 PM
Did the hot dogs have veins in them?

Doublejack
10-26-2015, 10:27 PM
Related article-

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/04/28/restaurant-apologizes-for-bruce-jenner-hot-dog/

HoneyBadger
10-26-2015, 11:15 PM
Related article-

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/04/28/restaurant-apologizes-for-bruce-jenner-hot-dog/

The dish, called Bruce Jenner 2.0 described as “part hot dog, part taco and pure awesomeness," :grin:

And predictably, the trans-activists had a complete melt down.

Dr. Who
10-26-2015, 11:28 PM
Corporate america which is the food industry too lies to us everyday of our lives for profit.
I dont pay one bit of attention to republicans who whine we need less regulation. That would be a death sentence

Even if you go vegan you dont know if what you are eating is truly vegan. The vegetables we eat today cause salmonella at greater rates than ever before and produce comes from other countries and we dont know what pesticides they use because their laws are less strict or dont exist.

WE MUST bring corporate america to task over our food and FORCE them to do the right thing. THEY WILL NOT on their own.

Clear Food, a subsidiary of food analyzation startup Clear Labs, found that human DNA is present in 2 percent of hot dog and sausage brands, according to a recent study (http://www.clearfood.com/food_reports/2015/the_hotdog_report).
The study also found that two thirds of the samples containing human DNA were advertised as vegetarian and almost 15 percent of products examined contained ingredients that differed from those included on the label.
“The food industry has been a black box for too long. Food consumers have to trust that food labels are accurate, but that isn’t always the case,” said Sasan Amini, Clear Labs CEO and co-founder, in a press release (http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/10/prweb13037005.htm). “We’ve found a 10-15 percent rate of discrepancy between labeled ingredients and actual ingredients across our internal tests to date.”
The Clear Food study collected 345 samples of hot dogs and sausages — veggie dogs, sausages, and old-fashioned, all-beef hot dogs — from 75 different brands at 10 different retailers, according to their statement. They found that 14.4 percent of the samples were problematic in some way, due to ingredient substitution, addition, or hygienic issues.
“Substitution occurs when ingredients are added that do not show up on the label. Hygienic issues occur when some sort of non-harmful contaminant is introduced to the hot dog, in most cases, human DNA,” said Clear Food in their study.

Gross.

Dr. Who
10-26-2015, 11:31 PM
Did the hot dogs have veins in them?
Probably.

Crepitus
10-26-2015, 11:46 PM
It's everywhere:

http://imgfave-herokuapp-com.global.ssl.fastly.net/image_cache/1388901300926955.jpg

Bob
10-27-2015, 12:25 AM

Well, now you know what they do with the fetus they call products.

Don
10-27-2015, 12:58 AM
I'd bet a few cops get human DNA (boogers) in their hamburger from fast food places.

donttread
10-27-2015, 06:27 AM

Big food is too big to regulate, they simply buy the process. For freedom and wholesome food to live the megacorps must die

Crepitus
10-27-2015, 06:29 AM
Well, now you know what they do with the fetus they call products.
Get help.

nathanbforrest45
10-27-2015, 08:21 AM
It's a new start up. They received 6.5 million in funding to start operations and opened a kickstarter campaign right before the hot dog report was released.

From who?

Bob
10-27-2015, 02:21 PM
Get help.

Volunteer.

TrueBlue
10-27-2015, 09:59 PM
Some Hot Dogs, Sausages Studied Contain Human DNA, Says New Report
By MORGAN KORN

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/hot-dogs-sausages-studied-human-dna-report/story?id=34739080

"Clear Food reported that it found human DNA in six of the 345 samples, or 2 percent of all samples tested. Four of the six samples that tested positive for human DNA were vegetarian products."

"A spokesperson for Clear Food said that human DNA "degrades the quality of food" but is less of a public health concern. The DNA found in the samples likely came from "hair, skin, finger nail or saliva that was accidentally mixed in during the manufacturing process," according to Clear Food."

========================================
Thanks to ABC News for this report.
========================================

Imho, Personally, I never eat those type of foods as many have brought out that they are just not truly healthy foods to consume in the first place. But now with this report, if I ever did force myself to eat it I would forever think of the "extra ingredients" found in such products thus I would more than likely lose my appetite and not eat them at all.

SouthernBelle82
10-27-2015, 10:02 PM
Uhm.... yeah...I love my meats but uh...now I'm rethinking. Will I for sure give it up though? Er...this certainly is disturbing to say the least.

Captain Obvious
10-27-2015, 10:03 PM
dupe thread

Tahuyaman
10-27-2015, 10:06 PM
Some of you should really consider not eating any more.

TrueBlue
10-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Uhm.... yeah...I love my meats but uh...now I'm rethinking. Will I for sure give it up though? Er...this certainly is disturbing to say the least.
Well if you do there's always some lip-smacking good Southern Fried Chicken, corn, and mashed potatoes instead right! :)

SouthernBelle82
10-27-2015, 10:28 PM
Well if you do there's always some lip-smacking good Southern Fried Chicken, corn, and mashed potatoes instead right! :)Well, the meat still has to go through the same process though right? So maybe skip the meat.

TrueBlue
10-27-2015, 10:34 PM
Well, the meat still has to go through the same process though right? So maybe skip the meat.
They didn't talk about chicken being part of the "tainted meat" group, so guess it's a Go! :)

SouthernBelle82
10-27-2015, 10:38 PM
They didn't talk about chicken being part of the "tainted meat" group, so guess it's a Go! :)That's true...but still.... now I'm going to be paranoid lol.

TrueBlue
10-27-2015, 10:58 PM
That's true...but still.... now I'm going to be paranoid lol.
I'm the very same way because we, as consumers, basically expect for all food that is sold to be safe and ready to be consumed without any problems such as that it could later make us sick. For the most part, most foods are alright because the USDA inspects some meat products regularly with regard to their safety, ingredients, etc. though they can't check each and every item of course.

Rule of thumb when dealing with any meat product is to be sure to Cook It Thoroughly! I always like my meat well-done! No exceptions! Anything less than that can invite trouble especially if it's "bloody-rare" according to the experts. Yet many do eat it that way and UGH!! I can't even imagine doing that at all. But to each his or her own and Lots of Luck!

SouthernBelle82
10-27-2015, 10:59 PM
I'm the very same way because we, as consumers, basically expect for all food that is sold to be safe and ready to be consumed without any problems such as that it could later make us sick. For the most part, most foods are alright because the USDA inspects some meat products regularly with regard to their safety, ingredients, etc. though they can't check each and every item of course. Rule of thumb when dealing with any meat product is to be sure to Cook It Thoroughly! I always like my meat well-done! No exceptions! Anything less than that can invite trouble especially if it's "bloody-rare" according to the experts. Yet many do eat it that way and UGH!! I can't even imagine doing that at all. But to each his or her own and Lots of Luck!That's very true. It's still a gamble though that your meat did go through the proper inspection. One day you could be the "winner" and get that one chance of getting bad meat.

TrueBlue
10-27-2015, 11:19 PM
That's very true. It's still a gamble though that your meat did go through the proper inspection. One day you could be the "winner" and get that one chance of getting bad meat.
That's quite true! But the thought of becoming strictly vegan is not so tempting to many I am sure. Therefore, we simply have to use precautions when dealing with meat such as to always consume only fresh meat and cook the meat in high enough heat to kill whatever would not be to the benefit of our system.

jimmyz
10-27-2015, 11:21 PM
I love the taste of my hotdogs and sausages. Bring on the "human DNA". I would prefer conservative DNA as I don't want to ingest faggoty progressive DNA while enjoying manly sausage eating events. I'd have thought that sushi would be more infected with adulteration considering the type of people that eat uncooked seafood.

Begin homoerotic connotations slung my way for "while enjoying manly sausage" lol

TrueBlue
10-27-2015, 11:26 PM
I love the taste of my hotdogs and sausages. Bring on the "human DNA". I would prefer conservative DNA as I don't want to ingest faggoty progressive DNA while enjoying manly sausage eating events. I'd have thought that sushi would be more infected with adulteration considering the type of people that eat uncooked seafood.

Begin homoerotic connotations slung my way for "while enjoying manly sausage" lol
No thanks. You've done a good enough job of that already yourself. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/rofl.gif

jimmyz
10-27-2015, 11:35 PM
No thanks. You've done a good enough job of that already yourself. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/rofl.gif

You enjoyed my post then? Aren't we able to humor ourselves even though we disagree? We need more humor in our political battles. We are all Americans that need to eat and crap daily. Isn't that a common denominator and progress to unify?

valley ranch
10-28-2015, 02:36 AM
Mexican tamale chef kills and cooks his buddyA Mexican tamale chef killed his drinking buddy and made tamales* using the man's body. He cut up the body and boiled the body parts in herbs.http://www.stunning-stuff.com/images/articles/81/image_1.gif
Carlos Machuca, a 56-year-old man, who is tamale-maker for a living, was arrested at his home in Morelia after the police received an anonymous phone call on Tuesday.

When the police arrived at Mr Machuca's house, they found a mutilated corpse of a man in the living room. They also found some body parts simmering in saucepans on the stove.

Lorena Cortes, a spokeswoman for Michoacan state prosecutors said: "We saw the flesh and the tamales, and our first impression was that he was making tamales with the flesh of the deceased, although it has yet to be confirmed".

Lorena also said that it looked like Carlos was trying to dispose of the body by maybe even selling the tamales to customers. According to the police Carlos stabbed the man with a knife trough the heart. It happened after both men got into a fight after they had been drinking together.

Peter1469
10-28-2015, 04:53 AM
Notice: Duplicate threads merged

donttread
10-28-2015, 05:00 AM

Gloves

southwest88
10-28-2015, 10:27 AM
Mexican tamale chef kills and cooks his buddy

A Mexican tamale chef killed his drinking buddy and made tamales* using the man's body. He cut up the body and boiled the body parts in herbs.

& maybe some nice fava frijoles to go with? & of course, the big question: Had the two been binge-watching Sweeney Todd or Fried Green Tomatoes or something similar? (Although, in all fairness, Depp has an awful voice for the part. I wouldn't have thought it would drive people to kill, but maybe the chef was a purist?)

Yah, the whole tamale shtick seems to come up (so to speak) every so often in Mexico. I think their print equivalent of Fox News - ¡Alarma! - covers the entrée with lots of pix, graphic breathless prose, & so on. & a dollop of sour cream, some shredded cheese ...

(Sadly, ¡Alarma! has gone the way of all flesh. Although they have inspired [?] a posse of wanna-bees, so perhaps there's hope for Fox yet.)

southwest88
11-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Or we can just look @ Snopes - see http://www.snopes.com/clear-foods-hot-dog-dna-study/

"Missing from the bevy of articles about human DNA in hot dogs (and meat in veggie dogs) was any explanation about how Clear Food determined those percentages, under which conditions testing occurred, whether any independent entities confirmed or duplicated the claims, and the methodology by which Clear Food arrived at their overall conclusions. Information on the site and Clear Food's Kickstarter provided no information about their testing methods, the credibility of their research, or (most important) what the company's specific objective might be. The flurry of interest bore many similarities to an earlier report claiming California wine was contaminated with arsenic (http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/arsenicwine.asp), peddled by a company that tested alcoholic beverages for "purity." Clear Food similarly touted its "Clear Score," aimed "to reward the brands with the highest average scores" based on criteria known only by Clear Food.

"While the firm's claims were carried across major online news sites such CNN, MarketWatch, USA Today,, the Boston Globe and Sky News, it's not uncommon for multiple news sources to jump on a PR-based (http://www.snopes.com/tag/not-actually-a-study/) "study" with little to no independent verification of its claims. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility hot dogs contain ingredients or adulterants folks might find unappetizing, but the claim about meat and human DNA adulterants did not originate with a "study" of any sort. Its findings lay solely with a brand new, private company who didn't disclose any details of their purported testing (or any proof that meaningful research was undertaken at all).

"Clear Food didn't define the terms that they used to describe their findings, such as "genomic analysis technology" (unspecified) or "proprietary next-generation genomic sequencing workflow." Certain brands were deemed "problematic" at a rate of 14.4 percent, but again, no evidence was presented to substantiate that claim or establish the methodology as worthy of consideration. In short, while the results could bear out to some degree should testing be conducted in a scientific setting, Clear Food didn't appear to be an established laboratory presenting vetted data."

(My emphasis - more @ the URL)

Very disappointing. The mass media seem to like putting on these dog 'n' pony shows. Which likely explains why print media are nearly dead in the US, & the e-media are looking kinda feverish. (Note to self: always check Snopes, etc. first ...