PDA

View Full Version : Why do Americans get so easily upset?

Awryly
08-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Say something that says anything less than ecstatic about them, and they immediately get their knickers in a twist.

Heaven knows, I have enough experience.

What drives them to do it? The Poms, if they could be bothered, would fight back with witty repartee.

But not the Yanks.

Why do they - being mostly Republicans - have to take themselves so seriously?

It's a real mystery that needs to be sorted.

Captain Obvious
08-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Why are non-Americans so infatuated with America?

Nothing interesting going on 12,000 merciful miles from the US?

Can't say I blame ya, go where the excitement is.

Cigar
08-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Say something that says anything less than ecstatic about them, and they immediately get their knickers in a twist.

What drives them to do it? The Poms, if they could be bothered, would fight back with witty repartee.

But not the Yanks.

Some people are Soft and others a Hard-Core ... they know the world is laughing at them.

Captain Obvious
08-23-2012, 09:01 PM
This guy's trolling. No doubt he'll snag a few dimwits on this form.

No... fucking... doubt

Conley
08-23-2012, 09:02 PM

But not the Yanks.

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4083/5055032357_69d1d1be72.jpg

http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/You-Cannot-Even-Imagine-How-Unrustled-Our-Jimmies-Are.png

Peter1469
08-23-2012, 09:07 PM

But not the Yanks.

The mystery is your fixation on republicans.

For our foreign friends- the Democrats and the Republicans are a single bi-fractional ruling party. It is 100% corrupt. So don't get in bed with the Dems- they are dirty too.

Awryly
08-23-2012, 10:08 PM
So far you have all proved my point.

Instead of addressing a fair question, you go into offended mode.

And troll..........the very thing you accuse me of doing.

Now, why is that? :afro::afro::afro:

Awryly
08-23-2012, 10:16 PM
The mystery is your fixation on republicans.

For our foreign friends- the Democrats and the Republicans are a single bi-fractional ruling party. It is 100% corrupt. So don't get in bed with the Dems- they are dirty too.

The Dems at least have sensible social policies that differentiate them from a GOP that wants to cripple the middle and lower classes.

Awryly
08-23-2012, 10:24 PM

No... fucking... doubt

Seems I have one already.

Conley
08-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Why do people from New Zealand make gross generalizations?

(get it? :wink:)

Awryly
08-23-2012, 10:47 PM

No. Did I miss something?

roadmaster
08-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Have you ever been to America?

Awryly
08-23-2012, 11:10 PM

Why would I bother? I live in a paradise that values freedom and democracy.

Why settle for something expensively less?

wingrider
08-23-2012, 11:18 PM
The Dems at least have sensible social policies that differentiate them from a GOP that wants to cripple the middle and lower classes.
that depends on what you mean by sensible social policies, most that I have come in contact with seem to be all about taking from others to fund their pet projects of various types of so called social justice,, you know the ones who would tax those bettor off than themselves just to even the playing field,, it is nonsensical to me to punish those who are successful just to prop up a lazy no account with nothing better to do than live in their moms basement and play video games all day long.

roadmaster
08-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Why would I bother? I live in a paradise that values freedom and democracy.

Why settle for something expensively less? You should visit the south east at least once. We may be more slow paced but not bad people.

wingrider
08-23-2012, 11:31 PM
You should visit the south east at least once. We may be more slow paced but not bad people.
the last thing we need in America is another hater of the American way of life..

roadmaster
08-23-2012, 11:33 PM
the last thing we need in America is another hater of the American way of life..

Well he hates without knowing us. But I do agree with you.

Awryly
08-24-2012, 12:24 AM

I am sure your "way of life" is delightful in ways I would not wish to dream of in my worst nightmares.

Tell me what they are.

Don't forget the destruction of democratic government and the ceaseless wars that try to bolster your sense of identity..

Awryly
08-24-2012, 12:26 AM
that depends on what you mean by sensible social policies, most that I have come in contact with seem to be all about taking from others to fund their pet projects of various types of so called social justice,, you know the ones who would tax those bettor off than themselves just to even the playing field,, it is nonsensical to me to punish those who are successful just to prop up a lazy no account with nothing better to do than live in their moms basement and play video games all day long.

I see the notion of a fair society is subverted by a few welfare recipients who can't get jobs in a society that can't provide them.

Carygrant
08-24-2012, 01:16 AM
Now, why is that? :afro::afro::afro:

He is right , however irritating it is for you .
The cry of Troll is invariably sub text for denial and /or being so arrogant that any thought of criticism is beyond the pale .
Admittedly the more challenged individuals presumably still reside in PF but I have been name called for saying things like
True unemployment in the US is at least 15% and probably over 20%
US public debt plus obligations exceeds $100 trillion
The US is bankrupt by any accepted use of that term
US elite services were on the ground in Libya along with other NATO elite forces
Ditto , Syria .
US official geopolitical strategy demands destabilisation and implied control of Lebanon and Iran at some point soon .
The US has conceded that China will handle the world's reserve currency and in the short term .
America is deliberately devaluing the $US as a means of reducing public debt
China will increasingly take over US financial strategy in return for continued loan support .
etc etc
All of these are facts for aware commentators and some are now accepted within mainstream consciousness .
But for many American commentators the one response is 'Troll ' and 'Utter nonsense'

The same is true of this Topic .The OP is not trolling . He simply records how others see "you" as a result of repeated behaviour .
Provided there is some constructive element in the criticism , it is not unreasonable . It rather depends how people present and defend the various propositions . If it just leads to name calling , the exercise has little value .imo .

Awryly
08-24-2012, 01:40 AM
He is right , however irritating it is for you .
The cry of Troll is invariably sub text for denial and /or being so arrogant that any thought of criticism is beyond the pale .
Admittedly the more challenged individuals presumably still reside in PF but I have been name called for saying things like
True unemployment in the US is at least 15% and probably over 20%
US public debt plus obligations exceeds $100 trillion
The US is bankrupt by any accepted use of that term
US elite services were on the ground in Libya along with other NATO elite forces
Ditto , Syria .
US official geopolitical strategy demands destabilisation and implied control of Lebanon and Iran at some point soon .
The US has conceded that China will handle the world's reserve currency and in the short term .
America is deliberately devaluing the $US as a means of reducing public debt
China will increasingly take over US financial strategy in return for continued loan support .
etc etc
All of these are facts for aware commentators and some are now accepted within mainstream consciousness .
But for many American commentators the one response is 'Troll ' and 'Utter nonsense'

The same is true of this Topic .The OP is not trolling . He simply records how others see "you" as a result of repeated behaviour .
Provided there is some constructive element in the criticism , it is not unreasonable . It rather depends how people present and defend the various propositions . If it just leads to name calling , the exercise has little value .imo .

It would be nice if Americans on the right were not so sensitive.

Which leads me to wonder why that is so.

Which is what the OP is about. Isn't it?

Carygrant
08-24-2012, 01:54 AM
It would be nice if Americans on the right were not so sensitive.

Which leads me to wonder why that is so.

Which is what the OP is about. Isn't it?

Absolutely . The more acute and perceptive American commentators tend to keep silent in such discussions . Possibly because it rarely gets far and simply attracts the name callers .

Awryly
08-24-2012, 02:11 AM
Absolutely . The more acute and perceptive American commentators tend to keep silent in such discussions . Possibly because it rarely gets far and simply attracts the name callers .

So the blizzard of name-calling stifles free speech?

That is so GOP.

JohnAdams
08-24-2012, 03:18 AM
First prove that all Americans are easily upset.

Oh I forgot, opposition to leftist statists can only happen if one is "upset"....one could never possibly be as coldly dispassionate as it gets, and still oppose the leftists political agenda...no they must be upset.

Imagine my surprise at seeing leftist statists putting forth ad-hominem attacks, as if they are a legitimate political argument....NOT:rolleyes:

Awryly
08-24-2012, 03:38 AM
First prove that all Americans are easily upset.

Oh I forgot, opposition to leftist statists can only happen if one is "upset"....one could never possibly be as coldly dispassionate as it gets, and still oppose the leftists political agenda...no they must be upset.

Imagine my surprise at seeing leftist statists putting forth ad-hominem attacks, as if they are a legitimate political argument....NOT:rolleyes:

Where did I say all Americans are easily upset?

And what's "ad hominem" about it? Except to those who get easily upset?

Mainecoons
08-24-2012, 07:30 AM
You have an interesting reading comprehension problem. You can't even understand, or possibly remember, your own words:

Why do Americans get so easily upset? Say something that says anything less than ecstatic about them, and they immediately get their knickers in a twist.

"all" is understood since the word "some" is not in your first sentence. "Knickers in a twist" is anglo for upset.

Let me know if you would like some tutoring in reading and writing with greater clarity and comprehension. :rofl:

MMC
08-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Oh I C......another Foreigner Out with their Assumptions. Well.....we know what they say about Assumptions. Do you think they heard what they saying is Down Unda. :rollseyes:

Awryly
08-24-2012, 07:40 AM
You have an interesting reading comprehension problem. You can't even understand, or possibly remember, your own words:

"all" is understood since the word "some" is not in your first sentence. "Knickers in a twist" is anglo for upset.

Let me know if you would like some tutoring in reading and writing with greater clarity and comprehension. :rofl:

No thanks. I am just doing fine without your help.
]
Such as it might be.

Mainecoons
08-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Good to hear this. Then we can expect you'll avoid tripping over your own writing in the future?

:rofl:

Awryly
08-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Good to hear this. Then we can expect you'll avoid tripping over your own writing in the future?

As we can expect you to try to answer the OPs?

MMC
08-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Hmmmm do you think Americans that are into Yoga get upset easily? What about Americans Into Meditation, Martial Arts, Hypnosis? Do they say Music soothes the savage Beast? How many Americans into Music? How many Americans into ballet? What about psychologists, and aroma therapists? :rollseyes:

Now about Americans on the Other end of the Spectrum.....Americans that have no Conscience. Think they get upset easily? :laugh:

Awryly
08-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Hmmmm do you think Americans that are into Yoga get upset easily? What about Americans Into Meditation, Martial Arts, Hypnosis? Do they say Music soothes the savage Beast? How many Americans into Music? How many Americans into ballet? What about psychologists, and aroma therapists? :rollseyes:

Now about Americans on the Other end of the Spectrum.....Americans that have no Conscience. Think they get upset easily? :laugh:

I'm sure there are millions of Americans who don't get upset about criticism of their poor democracy, foreign policy and much else.

Unfortunately, I don't see that many of them. They tend to be progressives when most Americans I see on forums like this are right wingers frantically trying to justify what their country does to them and to others.

Carygrant
08-24-2012, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE=Awryly;116704
Unfortunately, I don't see that many of them. [/QUOTE]

That's the main problem --- nobody does .
They are a bunch of whining , bleating cry babies .

"' Daddy .Daddy . That horrible man said this and that and then gave me one up the bum for being a spoilt brat .Why am I a spoilt brat , Daddy ? Did you teach me Daddy ? "

Mainecoons
08-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Don't you foreigners have anything better to do with yourselves? Is this some form of penis envy you're suffering from?

MMC
08-24-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm sure there are millions of Americans who don't get upset about criticism of their poor democracy, foreign policy and much else.

Unfortunately, I don't see that many of them. They tend to be progressives when most Americans I see on forums like this are right wingers frantically trying to justify what their country does to them and to others.

Well how can that be.....the ones with the money are those that lean to the Right. So more than often you will see them traveling overseas as they can afford to do so. Moreover since the Majority of Americans that are Republican 41% are Conservatives and are Older and the Liberaldom only musters 28%. Where do you think this puts your perspective? Moreover since the Progressives are the Elites of the Left and are not the Majority in the Democratic Party and that these are those who you have been conversing with.....Did ya ever think they might not be telling you the Truth? I mean the Entire World Knows that Progressives will outright Lie while Caught in the Act.....While Standing Right in front of that All-Seeing-EYE. Or do you need to hear Bilbo Clintons thoughts on Progressivism? :grin:

Also you say you have been coming across those from the Right on Forums you frequent. If Such is the case then surely you would be able to know certain facts about those from the Right. That cannot be disputed as any falsehoods which even the left and independants validate.....correct?
Do you think knowing the intellectual contruct outweighs assumptions based on Emotional Feelings? :f_whistle:

GrumpyDog
08-24-2012, 07:51 PM

Have no fear. GrumpyDog is here. Forward man. Damn the torpedos.

Goldie Locks
08-24-2012, 08:18 PM

He can't afford it, he's just a sheep herder...:MSM::rofl: See who says we're so serious???

Captain Obvious
08-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Trawl nets are full, I see.

Awryly
08-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Don't you foreigners have anything better to do with yourselves? Is this some form of penis envy you're suffering from?

Are you concerned we do not wank as feverishly as you?

Awryly
08-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Have no fear. GrumpyDog is here. Forward man. Damn the torpedos.

Excellent. Reinforcements. I think?

But where is the Canadian who set me up for all of this?

Conley
08-25-2012, 12:29 AM

No. Did I miss something?

Yup...the point is that is that generalizing an entire nation's population is moronic. It's a reference to your thread title and OP.

God (or Flying Spaghetti Monster, your choice) bless New Zealand

http://blogs.iesabroad.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/allblacks.jpg

Awryly
08-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Yup...the point is that is that generalizing an entire nation's population is moronic. It's a reference to your thread title and OP.

God (or Flying Spaghetti Monster, your choice) bless New Zealand

http://blogs.iesabroad.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/allblacks.jpg

Thank you for the blessing. But, really, you should spend it on yourselves.

As for generalisations, let it be noted that when I speak of "Americans", I speak of only those Americans who are fucking up their own country. Most of them wear red badges with elephants on them.

Not to be confused with those right-minded donkeys.

Conley
08-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Thank you for the blessing. But, really, you should spend it on yourselves.

As for generalisations, let it be noted that when I speak of "Americans", I speak of only those Americans who are fucking up their own country. Most of them wear red badges with elephants on them.

Not to be confused with those right-minded donkeys.

Unfortunately I can't bless all of us.

If you mean to refer to those who wear elephants in the future you should specify Republicans. :grin:

Awryly
08-25-2012, 01:32 AM
Unfortunately I can't bless all of us.

If you mean to refer to those who wear elephants in the future you should specify Republicans. :grin:

I'll try. But I am so forgetful.

Awryly
08-25-2012, 01:33 AM
I'll try. But I am so forgetful. With my animals.

Conley
08-25-2012, 01:34 AM

I know...we were friends the first time you came around but that was many many months ago :cry:

Conley
08-25-2012, 01:36 AM

I'll try. But I am so forgetful. With my animals.

Wow, you weren't kidding :grin:

Awryly
08-25-2012, 01:44 AM
I know...we were friends the first time you came around but that was many many months ago :cry:

Perhaps we should be friends again?

Awryly
08-25-2012, 01:45 AM

Take no notice of that fellow.

He is just stroking you.

Conley
08-25-2012, 01:47 AM

Take no notice of that fellow.

He is just stroking you.

There's a big difference between being friends and being stroked...this was a tough lesson I learned with the ladies all through high school and college :cry:

edit: also in my 30s, 40s, and 50s

Awryly
08-25-2012, 02:14 AM
There's a big difference between being friends and being stroked...this was a tough lesson I learned with the ladies all through high school and college :cry:

edit: also in my 30s, 40s, and 50s

Friends stroke one another. That's what friendship is.

Trinnity
08-25-2012, 02:20 AM

No... fucking... doubtHe's a one trick pony. No biggee.

roadmaster
08-25-2012, 02:46 AM

But not the Yanks.

Well since most of your post are about how you are against Religion, it seems that's the only reason you are here. If you don't believe fine but why bring it up so often? It's not a mystery, you are here only to debate others beliefs and it's not working for you. I am not going to try and change your mind but it would be helpful it you would debate the issue and stop asking or hoping that we preach to you.

Trinnity
08-25-2012, 03:07 AM

Not to be confused with those right-minded donkeys.You're the one who's confused. The number one person who's fucking up this country is Obama. Behind him are Pelosi and Reid. All Democrats and first class fuck ups. Obama is also a Marxist.

And they're not the kind of fuck ups you can forgive as being simply mistaken or naive. No, these people are socialists at the least by default for pandering and vote buying. They redistribute the tax money of hard working citizens to others for the votes that keep them in office so they can steal from the public trough to enrich themselves.

Don't show your ignorance of American politics by pretending your partisan bias is wisdom. You look like a fool.

GrumpyDog
08-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Thus is total #$%@ garbage, or as a Lizard from Austalia would say $%## Rubbish. There is no F$%# way that Americans are easily @#$^ing upset. Just ask Trinnity.

MMC
08-25-2012, 09:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VdNYcPZyHc

Oh, Alright.....If ya got blame some Americans For getting Upset. Blame Me! http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/pimpdaddy.gif

Carygrant
08-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Baiting gullible Americans ought to be an Olympic discipline .
They are clueless . And of course the perfect target ---- stressed , hypochondriacsl

MMC
08-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Thats why the Pawns go First Mr. Grant! :wink:

hanger4
08-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Why do Americans get so easily upset?

But not the Yanks.

Now, why is that?

Your hypocrisy is mind boggling.

hanger4
08-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Baiting gullible Americans ought to be an Olympic discipline .
They are clueless . And of course the perfect target ---- stressed , hypochondriacsl

Speaking of gullible, you do realize you just admitted Awryly was/is trolling.

Peter1469
08-25-2012, 01:05 PM

Not really true when you examine the facts. The most that dems do for the middle class and poor is get them hooked on government programs. They make zero grand changes in society.

Trinnity
08-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Thus is total #$%@ garbage, or as a Lizard from Austalia would say $%## Rubbish. There is no F$%# way that Americans are easily @#$^ing upset. Just ask Trinnity.I don't believe we've been introduced. Do I know you by another name?

GrumpyDog
08-25-2012, 10:58 PM
I don't believe we've been introduced. Do I know you by another name?

Hello. Greetings from GrumpyDog. Other relatives: GrouchyDog, GrumblingDog, GrowlingDog, and GrovelingDog. A distant relative: Goofy, but he was long ago commited to Disney Hospital. Great Great Grandfather was PlatosDog. GrumpyDog, however, is not a Republican.

roadmaster
08-26-2012, 12:06 AM
Hello. Greetings from GrumpyDog. Other relatives: GrouchyDog, GrumblingDog, GrowlingDog, and GrovelingDog. A distant relative: Goofy, but he was long ago commited to Disney Hospital. Great Great Grandfather was PlatosDog. GrumpyDog, however, is not a Republican.
I
Well now we know your life history after asking a simple question. I will think before asking you one.

GrumpyDog
08-26-2012, 09:40 PM
I
Well now we know your life history after asking a simple question. I will think before asking you one.

Me
You do not know what it is like to have been caged then escape. Free at last, free at last, thank (?) almighty, free at last.

And on a forum that seems to be rather free, although my preference for representation of unsavory words is #$%@ rather than actual spelling. Lets the reader imagine their own favorite expletive.

Simple questions are the best ones to ask GrumpyDog, apprentice to master Awryly, the one who has perfected the art of the simple question that starts a chain reaction of simple answers.

Captain Obvious
08-26-2012, 09:43 PM
5 internets for the "me" response.

MMC
08-26-2012, 09:46 PM
5 internets for the "me" response.

Hell throw him 5 more for that Chain Reaction. :laugh:

Frogger
08-26-2012, 09:50 PM

But not the Yanks.

Are you going to start the same garbage that got you banned at the other site, Awryly? Your constant posting of digs at American got old a long time ago.

Awryly
08-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Are you going to start the same garbage that got you banned at the other site, Awryly? Your constant posting of digs at American got old a long time ago.

There seem to be more tolerant Americans here who don't get their knickers in a twist at being provoked to think.

But, if you want to be different, go ahead.

GrumpyDog
08-28-2012, 12:35 PM
No response since yesterday. Must be the dump truck has not yet cleared the beaches of passed out Kiwis yet.

Or possibly, one NZr is in jail for unlawful solicitation of prostitution (which would require an extraordinary degree of deviation from the norm, since prostitution is legal in NZ).

Mainecoons
08-28-2012, 05:53 PM
There seem to be more tolerant Americans here who don't get their knickers in a twist at being provoked to think.

But, if you want to be different, go ahead.

I don't mind being provoked to think by someone qualified to do the provoking.

You aren't.

Awryly
08-28-2012, 09:20 PM

You aren't.

Of course not. Given all those subversive thoughts I have that you don't want to listen to.

I bet you watch a lot of Fox.

Awryly
11-11-2012, 11:29 PM
The Republicans, having failed abysmally to attract more than rednecks to their cause, seem determined to dig in.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/12/us/politics/legacy-at-stake-obama-plans-broader-push-for-budget-deal.html?ref=politics&_r=0

Obama will have none of that. The Pugs will get one chance to be seen as having a faint concern for their country or Obama will enlist average Americans to demolish them.

There is only so much intransigence the ordinary American will take from these neanderthals.

A sensible strategy for the 2014 and 2016 elections (already, FFS, underway - how do you ever get anything done?) is to cast the GOP as pre-determined, and determined, losers.

Outside the Beltway, the GOP and its various extremist elements will be crucified. Sensibly, Obama has indicated that he is perfectly willing to let that happen as he does the stuff most Americans want to see done.

Carygrant
11-12-2012, 02:42 AM

You aren't.

Are you telling us that on average you are more mannerless and less thoughtful than Europeans , for example ?
Certainly there are no compelling reasons to imagine that you could advise anybody on a complex matter or one containing shades of innuendo .
But I guess your greatest weakness is not being able to see yourself as others do . And therefore incapable of profiting from that exercise .

Awryly
11-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Are you telling us that on average you are more mannerless and less thoughtful than Europeans , for example ?
Certainly there are no compelling reasons to imagine that you could advise anybody on a complex matter or one containing shades of innuendo .
But I guess your greatest weakness is not being able to see yourself as others do . And therefore incapable of profiting from that exercise .

Americans seeing Americans as others do is an exercise in self-destruction.

American psychiatrists know that. And are redoubling their efforts.

Mainecoons
11-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Of course not. Given all those subversive thoughts I have that you don't want to listen to.

I bet you watch a lot of Fox.

No, I don't watch Fox. And you flatter yourself. You're much more ignorant than you are subversive. A little person in a little out of the way country neither of whom are of much consequence. Clearly, you suffer from the "small town nothing to do syndrome" since you spend time on a message board that you have no relevance to.

Mister D
11-12-2012, 08:25 PM
No, I don't watch Fox. And you flatter yourself. You're much more ignorant than you are subversive. A little person in a little out of the way country neither of whom are of much consequence. Clearly, you suffer from the "small town nothing to do syndrome" since you spend time on a message board that you have no relevance to.

Ouch. :laugh:

Awryly
11-12-2012, 08:56 PM

You used to think the same about China. You know, when you had gunboats and Admiral Perry.

I would consider now how relevant you are rather than worrying about us.

We get on fine without you and, zut alors, regard you with sweet insouciance and much laughter. When we consider you at all.

Apparently you are not au fait with the new world order.

Awryly
11-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Mister D, a terminably upset American, continues to contaminate my threads even though on ignore.

Is there any way the vastly clever programmers here can organise it so that I don't have to click on ignored Americans who pollute my threads?

Mister D
11-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Mister D, a terminably upset American, continues to contaminate my threads even though on ignore.

Is there any way the vastly clever programmers here can organise it so that I don't have to click on ignored Americans who pollute my threads?

She can't quit the D. :afro: Yeah son...

Maybe that's why so may Kiwis commit suicide. being 12,000 miles away from Mister D is too much to bear. :sad:

Awryly
11-12-2012, 11:30 PM
I am sure that post contained vast wisdom, and possibly correct grammar ... in an American sense.

Please don't tell me how wise it was.