PDA

View Full Version : Ben Carson Would Reshape, Not Eliminate, Medicare and Medicaid

nic34
10-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Yet another GOPER that can't describe what they would replace Medicare and Medicaid with, except he'd just keep it. And he can change his mind anytime he wants because he's not a politician.

Ben Carson Would Reshape, Not Eliminate, Medicare and Medicaid

Mr. Carson said he wanted to make health savings accounts available to all Americans and to fund them at least in part by diverting government dollars now being spent on Medicaid, the government program for low-income Americans, and Medicare, the insurance program for older Americans.

“Using health savings accounts starting from the time you are born until the time you die largely eliminates the need for people to be dependent on government programs like that,” Mr. Carson said on “Fox News Sunday.”

He said it is “completely false” to say he would eliminate the programs.

“That’s a narrative that somebody is putting out there to scare people,” Mr. Carson said. If someone prefers the current government programs to the health-savings-account approach, “I’m not going to deny you the privilege of doing that,” he added.

Mr. Carson made similar comments on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

In both the Fox and NBC interviews, Mr. Carson proposed funding health savings accounts for poor people by reallocating much of the nearly $500 billion Medicaid budget and giving each of the 80 million Medicaid recipients $5,000 to spend on health care and catastrophic health-insurance coverage.

(I wonder if that insurance would be mandatory?)

Both NBC’s Chuck Todd and Fox’s Chris Wallace pressed Mr. Carson on his previous proposal to fund individuals’ health-savings accounts with annual, $2,000 payments from the government.

“No, that’s the old plan. That’s been gone for several months now,” Mr. Carson said on Fox.

“I’m not a politician,” he said. “So I don’t say that, because I thought this a while ago before I had an opportunity to talk to a lot of economists and various people and cost it out, that I can’t change my mind.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/10/25/ben-carson-would-reshape-not-eliminate-medicare-and-medicaid/

GOP presidential candidate and former neurosurgeon Ben Carson told Politico that he wants to replace Medicare and Medicaid with cradle-to-grave health savings accounts.

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/10/ben-carson-pretends-he-really-doesnt

And this guy is leading the pack?

PolWatch
10-27-2015, 10:33 AM
Where are all the people complaining about Dr. Carson's lack of experience? You know....those who have said for 8 years that Obama was elected with no experience only because he was black?

The Oval Office has become an OJT area.....(on the job training)

Cigar
10-27-2015, 10:35 AM
Not to worry, he'll still have his day Job selling Books

birddog
10-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Where are all the people complaining about Dr. Carson's lack of experience? You know....those who have said for 8 years that Obama was elected with no experience only because he was black?

I would prefer one of the Governors as POTUS, but Dr. Carson would be a welcome change. Unlike Obama who had never accomplished anything of importance, Carson has been successful, and is used to being authoritative. He is smart enough to rely on the advice of our top military leaders, unlike Obama. He is a Christian, unlike Obama. He uses common sense, is intelligent, and will select a cabinet that is good for our country. I don't believe he will rely on muslim advisors either.

TrueBlue
10-27-2015, 11:02 AM
That's how Republicans start by obfuscating the real issue of their intent to eliminate those "Social Programs" they are actually so against. There are Republicans now who want to do just that. But their main trick is to make Americans believe that they are only "shaping" the programs to make them feel more at ease. Not so! They are actually wanting to SHAVE the programs to a frazzle that would leave many people who depend on social programs out in the cold looking in. We must not let them do that! And the media pulls for them only because it gives them greater readership. If you believe you have the right to Social Security, Medicare, and other such social programs because you have paid and are even still paying your taxes for them then you must fight to keep them AS IS. Don't allow a Republican, anyone with the (R) behind their name, to come in with their fancy talk to try to convince you that their way is best. It isn't!

silvereyes
10-27-2015, 11:03 AM
I would prefer one of the Governors as POTUS, but Dr. Carson would be a welcome change. Unlike Obama who had never accomplished anything of importance, Carson has been successful, and is used to being authoritative. He is smart enough to rely on the advice of our top military leaders, unlike Obama. He is a Christian, unlike Obama. He uses common sense, is intelligent, and will select a cabinet that is good for our country. I don't believe he will rely on muslim advisors either.
Now hurry back to the cesspool and report to trinn what a good little pub soldier youre being.....never mind the fact that you are deadass wrong.

silvereyes
10-27-2015, 11:05 AM

Im laughing at all those traitorous idiots citing carsons accomplishments as his resume...while they crapped on obama FOR. THE. SAME. REASONS.

Hilarious.

birddog
10-27-2015, 11:08 AM
Now hurry back to the cesspool and report to trinn what a good little pub soldier youre being.....never mind the fact that you are deadass wrong.

Prove me wrong!

Extreme liberalism is often said to be a mental disease, so get help soon! I'm here for you.:smiley:

silvereyes
10-27-2015, 11:19 AM
Prove me wrong!

Extreme liberalism is often said to be a mental disease, so get help soon! I'm here for you.:smiley:
Your delusions are really sad to see.

nic34
10-27-2015, 01:38 PM
Prove me wrong!

How do you know Carson is a Christian? Because he told you so?

nic34
10-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Prove me wrong!

How is cradle-to-grave health savings accounts any different than the other government plans, except that it will eventually leave you with major debt?

zelmo1234
10-27-2015, 05:23 PM

Dr Carson has ran a successful business? what is wrong with that. Obama was a community agitator? in the Senate in IL where he rarely voted and in his first term as a US senator.

And has proven he does not know how to work with others.

Peter1469
10-27-2015, 06:51 PM
Obama had no experience, but he had to make a deal with the Establishment to get the nomination over Hillary. He became their tool to win the White House.

TrueBlue
10-27-2015, 07:31 PM
How do you know Carson is a Christian? Because he told you so?
That is a good question actually. He is a Seventh-day Adventist. But do you know what they actually believe as it concerns other Christians from other denominations? Everyone should look into that because it is SIGNIFICANT. Report coming! Look for it!

hanger4
10-27-2015, 08:10 PM
That is a good question actually. He is a Seventh-day Adventist. But do you know what they actually believe as it concerns other Christians from other denominations? Everyone should look into that because it is SIGNIFICANT. Report coming! Look for it!
No more "SIGNIFICANT" than any other evangelical protestant Christian denomination.