PDA

View Full Version : Does Ben Carson Believe Most Evangelical Voters Are Going to Hell?

TrueBlue
10-27-2015, 09:02 PM
Does Ben Carson Believe Most Evangelical Voters Are Going to Hell?
Social conservatives backing his campaign may want to ask him a few questions.
—By David Corn

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/10/ben-carson-seventh-day-adventist-evangelical-voters-Iowa

"Religion and politics can make a volatile mix. In the case of Carson, this overlap is an essential part of his success. Yet it is odd that Carson has done so well with evangelicals when he is a high-profile and devoted member of a church that teaches that almost all evangelical Christians will soon join with Satan to oppose Jesus Christ."

"Carson is a Seventh-day Adventist who has publicly voiced his commitment to this church and championed (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/09/ben-carson-creationism-six-days) its core beliefs, most notably the view that God created the world in six days (literally) and that evolution is bunk (and encouraged by the devil). He has spoken at Seventh-day Adventist events. In a 2013 interview (http://news.adventist.org/en/all-news/news/go/2013-04-05/church-chat-carson-handles-spotlight-prayerfully-humbly/) with the church's official news service, he was asked, "Are there ever any times when you feel it's best to distinguish yourself from the Seventh-day Adventist Church and what it teaches?" Carson replied, "No, I don’t."

"Carson has yet to speak extensively and specifically about his religious beliefs and how they might shape his approach to governing the United States. Meanwhile, many evangelical voters—who attend church on Sunday—regard Carson as a Christian champion who ought to be placed within the White House. Perhaps they ought to wonder if Carson sees them as the spiritual enemy."

=======================================
Thanks to Mother Jones for this report.
=======================================
Social Conservatives ATTENTION Please:

Imho, Those religious folks who think that Carson is for them just because they are Evangelicals thus Christians better think again! He has some Pretty Disturbing Thoughts about that.

Peter1469
10-27-2015, 09:13 PM
Is this acceptable political discourse in 2015?

TrueBlue
10-27-2015, 09:17 PM
Is this acceptable political discourse in 2015?
Well I don't see him changing his denomination anytime soon. So yes, it surely is!

Peter1469
10-27-2015, 09:19 PM
sigh

If so, atheists should be banned from public office. Which I do not support.

hanger4
10-27-2015, 09:22 PM
Seventh-day Adventist don't believe in an eternal hell so MJ's premise is wrong fr the get go

TrueBlue
10-27-2015, 09:24 PM
sigh

But the vast majority of Evangelical Christians most unequivocally do support it as a matter of fact! No doubt Ben Carson supports that also even as a Seventh-day Adventist.

hanger4
10-27-2015, 09:43 PM
But the vast majority of Evangelical Christians most unequivocally do support it as a matter of fact! No doubt Ben Carson supports that also even as a Seventh-day Adventist.
To bad you have me on ignore, you might learn something and not look so foolish. Like I said "Seventh-day Adventist don't believe in an eternal hell so MJ's premise is wrong from the get go".

hanger4
10-27-2015, 09:49 PM
sigh

Separation of church and state seems to be lost on TrueBlue.

zelmo1234
10-27-2015, 10:46 PM
I believe that Dr. Carson scares the hell out of the Democrats, as he would likely command a much higher minority vote, and the path to the Whitehouse with out almost completely impossible without it!

texan
10-27-2015, 10:48 PM
Oh good mother jones material.

TrueBlue
10-27-2015, 11:06 PM
I believe that Dr. Carson scares the hell out of the Democrats, as he would likely command a much higher minority vote, and the path to the Whitehouse with out almost completely impossible without it!
No doubt the minority vote will be very important in the 2016 election but Hillary Clinton has the majority support of the Hispanic/Latino vote currently and no doubt the Black vote also since her husband President Clinton has had a great relationship with Blacks for most of his life and during his presidency and even has his offices in Harlem. Hillary is also quite supportive of Blacks and other minorities in general. So, no that's not something that would scare Democrats at all.